Chapter Eight

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day.

 

"Hi Ms Im, how can I help you?"

 

"I've an appointment with your boss at 2pm."

 

"Ahhh yes. Hold on for a moment."

 

The secretary dialled on her intercom and within the next second, you could hear the other end screaming. 

 

/JISOO AH! COME IN! THERE'S A COCKROACH IN MY ROOM! HELP!" 

 

Yoona raised her brows curiously as Jisoo gave an embarrassed smile and hang up immediately, "please wait for a moment..." 

 

Yoona followed behind her nonetheless and was totally taken aback by what she saw.

 

Seunghyun was standing on top of his table, his hand armed with a folder and his expression, a distressed one. 

 

"JISOO HURRY!!! IT'S THERE!!!" 

 

Jisoo seemed to be all used to this scene as she spotted the cockroach that's crawling on the carpeted floor within seconds and stepped on it with her killer heels. 

 

All done with a stoic expression. 

 

"All done boss~" Jisoo picked the carcass up and replied. 

 

"G-GET IT AWAYYYYY!" Seunghyun gave a disgusted expression. 

 

"Araso araso. Fancy a big guy being so afraid of cockroach," Jisoo muttered under her breath and when she saw Yoona behind her, she bowed politely. "Y-Yoona-sshi you can meet my boss now!" 

 

Seunghyun had the most priceless expression ever when he finally noticed Yoona.

 

Yoona smirked in amusement, "guess we're even?" 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

If he could have a superpower right now, Seunghyun wished that he could have the ability to erase people's memory so that Yoona would not remember the scene of him standing on top of the table, shrieking like a wussy. 

 

Yoona looked at his embarrassed face and tried to hide her smile, "it's really ok you know. Everyone has his fears, it's no big deal." 

 

Of course it had no effect in easing his embarrassment. 

 

"But I'm really amazed though. You're so afraid of cockroaches too but yet that night, you could kill it without showing any sign of fear. How did you do that?" 

 

This finally dissipated Seunghyun's embarrassment as he finally looked up. "It's easy, because it's you." 

 

"I see. Man's pride I suppose?" 

 

"Partly but more than that, I want to look impressive in front of you," Seunghyun let out a suave smile. "I've to look like a knight in shining armour instead of a coward in front of the girl I'm interested in." 

 

Yoona blinked and let out a nervous chuckle, "wow. That's... That's sudden?"

 

She totally did not expect the confession and neither was she ready to face it. 

 

Judging that the comfortable atmosphere was slipping away, Seunghyun was quick to react, shrugging his shoulders. "But well, I would say that the faint lighting helps. I can't really see the feelers and all. It's so... gross." 

 

"I know right! I don't know how people withstand it! Your secretary is superb I must say." 

 

"First criteria for my secretary is that she/he must be able to catch cockroaches." 

 

Yoona laughed and was able to wave off that slight awkward moment, wiping the mirth away from her eyes. "I'm here to talk business, Seunghyun-sshi. Not to talk about cockroaches." 

 

"Ahhh yes. Sorry, it slipped off my mind," Seunghyun chuckled and shook his head. "First thing first, can we drop the formalities? I’d just let you witness my most embarrassing moment, so I guess I've to coax you to becoming my friend so that you would not expose my secret?" 

 

"Wow, is this your tactic of making friends? To reveal your fear and lure them to becoming your friend? Is that how you keep your secret?"

 

"You can say so? Then again, even if you don't want, I do have your embarrassing moment too." 

 

"Has this become a threat now? I've yours too you know," Yoona smirked. 

 

"Is this how we're going to go down? Slitting each other’s throat and lying down to die? I thought we're supposed to be discussing business today."  

 

"Alrights alrights," Yoona chuckled and shook her head in defeat. "You win, Seunghyun." 

 

"No oppa?" 

 

"Not there yet. Don't push too far~" Yoona cooed. 

 

"Wow. Fierce~" Seunghyun raised his arms up in mock defeat. "Fair enough, let's get down to business then." 

 

"Kwon Enterprise would like to work with Lee Corporation. We're coming out with Figurative 2.0 and we believe this smart idea would be able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter