Chapter Eleven

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Corporation. 20th storey.

 

"Yoona unnie! Thank god you're here! He's in the office."

 

"What actually happened?"

 

Yoona hurried towards the General Manager office while Jisoo was trying to catch up and explain to her. 

 

"I wasn't too sure. I was at my desk when I heard a loud crash from inside. I rushed in and saw sajangnim sweeping all the documents away from his desk and within a minute, his face was contorted in pain and he couldn't seem to breathe. He kept clutching on to his heart but I kept the antidepressant pills from him, fearing he would lose control and overdose..." 

 

Jisoo seemed to realise that she had leaked out way too much information and trailed off. 

 

Yoona let out a small smile, "it's okay Jisoo. You can trust me, that's why I'm here right?" 

 

"Sajangnim called me to call you... I'd no one else to turn to. The press can't know this..."

 

"I understand. Don't worry. He'll be fine. He's on antidepressant pills?" 

 

"Yes... The psychiatrist told him to not overstress himself, but he... He's just too stubborn at times." 

 

"I'll go in and take a look at him. You just make sure no one else is to come near here and don't let this news spread out. Okay?"

 

"Neh! But unnie..." Jisoo was hesitant with her words. 

 

"Uhm?" 

 

"H-He... He might get violent at times. I'm a little worried about you." 

 

"Don't fret. I'll be fine, I learn self-defensive techniques before," Yoona patted Jisoo's hands encouragingly. "Get going with your work now."

 

"Neh! Let me know if you need me!" 

 

"Of course I will." 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

Yoona opened the door softly and her heart broke a little.

 

The blinds were drawn, blocking off all the lights from the window. Looking around, she spotted a figure crouching at the furthest corner of the room. She walked towards the desk to on the small table lamp and walked softly towards the figure, fearing that a slight noise from her would trigger him. 

 

At a closer look, the figure had his head buried into his knees and his body was spasming. Yoona knelt down beside him and put a hand on his shoulder, patting it gently as she called out. 

 

"Seunghyun ah..." 

 

The figure startled for a moment before he looked up slowly. His eyes hurt by the sudden light in the room and was panting heavily. 

 

"Calm down... Everything is fine. Breathe... Follow my breathings." 

 

Yoona encouraged him and exaggerated her breathings so that he could follow. Seunghyun did what he was told, his eyes fixated on her, his breathings evening out as he tried to follow her breathings. 

 

Inhale. Exhale. 

 

Seeing that his breathing was becoming normal, Yoona took out the antidepressant bottle and gave him a pill. She was planning to get up to get some water but Seunghyun clutched onto her wrist tightly, his eyes still staring at her, as though telling her to not leave. 

 

"I'm not going anywhere. Just getting a glass of water for you," Yoona smiled and patted his hand gently.

 

That finally soothed him as he released his grip. Fortunately, she didn't have to go out to get water as there was a water dispenser in the room. Seunghyun took the glass of water and swallowed the pill. 

 

There was a few moments of silence where no one spoke. Finally, Seunghyun spoke up, with a feeble smile.

 

"Looks like you've seen another of my embarrassing moment..." 

 

Yoona returned with a smile as she helped him up, "that doesn't make you any weaker." 

 

It was yet another silence when they sat opposite each other. To be honest, it wasn't the first time Yoona encounter such situation. Jiyong... When Jiyong was younger, he too, had a series of anxiety attacks. During that period of time, insomnia was a norm to him and he was that close to depression. She recalled Jiyong being listless when he was on Benz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter