Chapter Seven

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like Father Like Son! Business tycoon Lee Yeonjin's son, Lee Seunghyun opens yet another of own ramen store in Gangnam,the 13th store in just half a year! Lee Seunghyun: I love to eat ramen, so this is just an investment. I have a great team of people working for me. I wouldn't dare to take all the credits. 

 

"Yoona-sshi! There's a bouquet of flower for you!" 

 

"Take it for me!" 

 

The receptionist knocked on Yoona's door and came in with a bouquet of sunflowers. Yoona switched off the tv and turned around, receiving the flowers. 

 

"Guess like this suitor is brighter than the others?" The receptionist teased. "Or at least he tried to be different." 

 

Yoona thanked the receptionist and opened the card that was wedged between the stalks of flowers. A grin spreaded across her face. 

 

A gift in return for your flower wreath. Call me. 

 

Without any sign-offs.

 

What an interesting guy. 

 

Though there wasn't any numbers nor names given, Yoona and the sender's thoughts clicked. Scrolling through her phone, she tapped on the newly-added number and the line got picked up within a few rings. 

 

/Hi Yoona-sshi./

/What makes you so sure that it's me?/

/I told you that you're a smart girl. Did I ever tell you that I'm pretty smart too?/

/No signature and no number?/

/Like I said, you're a smart girl. I know you'd figured out my phone number before I even give it. So, why bother?/

 

Yoona couldn't help but smile again at his witty reply. She picked up the bouquet of sunflowers and gave it a sniff, as the other end continued the conversation. 

 

/Received the flowers?/

/Yes. Why sunflowers though./

/Roses are too mainstream and I reckoned you aren't a fan of roses?/ 

/I do like roses, but yeahs, too mainstream. Sunflowers are good./ 

/Thank god then. Thought that bouquet might end up in the bin like the other bouquets you'd received./

/Seunghyun-sshi, do you read minds or you actually planted a hidden camera in my room?/

/Oh, I very much wish I did but oh well, Kwon Enterprise security is way too tight. A fly can't even fly in./ 

 

Both of them broke into chuckles as Seunghyun joked.

 

Ever since that encounter at the entrepreneur ball, this two people became friends. Somehow. After that night, no number was exchanged, let alone meetups. However, Yoona began to take notice of Seunghyun and when she found out that he was opening yet another restaurant, she decided to send a congratulatory wreath. She was taking a risk, albeit a bet that she was rather confident of.  She knew Seunghyun would remember her and hence it didn't came as a surprise when a bouquet of flowers was sent to her without any name. 

 

But she was indeed surprised by the choice of flowers. It is true when she said that she likes roses, but she just doesn't like roses given by random guys that she's not interested in. Roses to her, are symbol of love and well, it just didn't feel right to receive love from guys that she doesn't fancy at all. This guy, however, was smart enough to send her sunflowers. Not being overly friendly, but at the same time not being too subtle. 

 

This in turn, aroused her interest.

 

As they continued to chat casually, a knock was heard and before Yoona could reply, the guy had came barging in. 

 

"I'll call you back again. Thanks for the flowers once again, Seunghyun-sshi." 

 

/My pleasure./ 

 

"Wow wow. Guilty much? Why is it that the moment I come in, you'd to hang up the call?" 

 

Jiyong made himself comfortable on the sofa as he smirked at Yoona's pouty expression.

 

"How many times must I tell you to knock before you come in?"

 

"I already knocked. You didn't say I've to wait for your approval." 

 

"Kwon Jiyong!" 

 

"What!" Jiyong retorted before seeing the bouquet of sunflowers in her hands. "Wow. New suitor? Sunflowers? This is something new." 

 

"None of your business," Yoona snorted. 

 

"I still don't get why do you've a room all by yourself and me, being the boss, have to come looking for my own secretary." 

 

"You walked all the way here just to ask me this?" 

 

"Well, not all the way. My room is just beside yours."

 

"There, you've the answer," Yoona smiled cheekily. "It's only a few steps and besides, I need a room for my privacy, or should I say yours. Do you want me to stick around watching you bring different girls back?" 

 

"Oh right. I forgot," Jiyong smiled sheepishly, scratching his nape. "Don't change the topic. Who's this." 

 

"Lee Seunghyun," Yoona shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly and put the bouquet of flowers on her desk.

 

"Lee Corporation, Lee Seunghyun?" Jiyong raised his brows. "Wow. Im Yoona, your action sure is fast. No wonder appa adores you." 

 

"Just making friends so that we might have an easier way in," Yoona answered. "So, what are you doing here? You got yourself into trouble again?" 

 

"Yah, am I really that bad in your eyes?" Jiyong grumbled.

 

"Uhm... 60%?" Yoona stuck her tongue out cheekily, only to receive Jiyong's middle-finger up before laughing. "Araso araso. What is it? It must be pretty important." 

 

"Youngbae's wedding will be held at the end of the month. The invitation is here..." Jiyong's playful smirk faded. "He invited the entire family." 

 

Yoona pursed her lips as she knew what Jiyong was driving at, "unnie knows about it?" 

 

"Not too sure. I had a call with her just now. She sounded fine but I didn't have the courage to bring up the topic." 

 

"I see that she's getting along with Soohyuk oppa really well. It's unlike her past relationships, so I'm taking a bet that this relationship might work out fine between them. Maybe she'd really decided to move on?" 

 

"We'll see how it goes," Jiyong let out a sigh as he stood up. "Go home together?" 

 

Yoona smirked. The chance was finally here. "Race?" 

 

"Again? Yah, you'd been and will keep losing man."

 

"If I lose this time, I'll be your slave for a week." 

 

"You're already my slave no?"

 

"Screw you!" Yoona huffed and threw a cushion at him hard. "If I win, you'd have to owe me a favour."

 

"Violent much," Jiyong chuckled and caught hold of the cushion perfectly. "Anything~ I won't lose anyway." 

 

"Let's go!" 

 

✦✦✦✦✦ 

 

"You're way too slow, Kwon Jiyong~"

 

"W-What?! How do you managed to win me?! This is impossible! You were so slow that you were out of my sight!" 

 

"You mean I was too fast that you couldn't see my car~" Yoona smirked as she leaned against the car. "Told you one day my Mercs will beat your Lambo. Take that~"

 

"Yah, did you take a shortcut?!" 

 

"A-Ani!" 

 

With Seunghyun's advice, Yoona managed to device a way to win and that was to take shortcuts. Initially, she didn't know that there was actually a shortcut to Kwon mansion until she did a research. Using that route, she could actually save fifteen minutes of the travelling time. Since she was only a few seconds behind Jiyong always, by taking the shortcut, she could easily beat him. She was too focused on winning Jiyong that such a simple method did not cross her mind. 

 

Thank god she met Lee Seunghyun and had that whole car-racing-challenge thing. 

 

"This is outright cheating, Im Yoona!" 

 

But who knew Jiyong, this witty kid could figure this out so fast?! Just mere minutes alone and he knew she had taken shortcut. 

 

"I can't think of any favour now. I'll keep and asked for it when I've one~" Yoona ignored his protest and continued to make her way into the mansion. 

 

"This is unfair!" Jiyong continued to voice his dissatisfaction behind her.

 

"We didn't state any rules about shortcuts!" 

 

"Cheater Im Yoona! Booooo!" 

 

"Yah! I did not cheat! I win it gloriously!" 

 

"Cheater!" 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

A month passed and it was the day that Jiyong dreaded. The Kwons headed to Youngbae's wedding together and being one of the elites, the wedding was lavish and grand. It was said that Youngbae had planned this wedding himself and the venue was designed by him. The ballroom ceiling hung champagne roses, his fianceé's favourite. Right at the reception counter had the couple's wedding photos and both Jiyong and Yoona looked over at Yuri, who showed no sign of sadness. She was browsing the photos with Han Giran, making small comments here and there and when Soohyuk arrived at the wedding with his parents, Yuri's eyes lighted up as they gave each other a hug. 

 

Yoona looked at Jiyong and arched her brows, "paranoid older brother, are you relieved now?" 

 

Jiyong pouted, "still too early to say. She's like that too the other time when Bae said he's getting engaged." 

 

Yoona shook her head, "araso ara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter