Chapter Twenty-Two

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Arghh..." 

 

Consciousness crept up to Yoona slowly as she groaned, feeling the pounding ache in her head. The aftermath of hours of crying was hitting her hard: puffy eyes and throbbing head. She stifled a yawn, feeling comfortable with the warm duvet rubbing against her skin. With a contented sigh, she snuggled closer to the sheets, wanting to lull herself back to sleep. She inhaled deeply, only to realise that her room smelt different; it was a mixture of freshly laundered sheets and... cologne? 

 

Yoona's eyes snapped open at that instant, a sense of panic flooding her system. The feeling of sleepiness cleared away as memories of the day before came back to her. 

 

She remembered it all. From how she pour her heart out to Seunghyun, to how Seunghyun comforted and advised her, to how they looked into each other eyes and kissed eventually. 

 

And she recalled... 

 

That. 

 

She blushed hard as she remembered the details a little too well what had happened between her and Seunghyun after that what-was-supposed-to-be-a-chaste-kiss. She cupped her red hot cheeks, feeling embarrassed and puzzled over the fact of her boldness and craziness. Yet, when she brought her fingers to her lips, remembering the countless number of times that they had kissed, a silly grin spreaded across her face before fading it into a frown, being utterly embarrassed over the fact that she must have appeared to be so easy in front of him. 

 

How was she going to face him now? 

 

Yoona took a deep breath and looked around the room. It was her first time in Seunghyun's... room. Hell, she hadn't even have the chance to visit his house until yesterday and yet right now, she's in lying in his bed, bare even. Yoona buried her face into the pillow, muffling her groan. Well, at least one thing to be glad was that Seunghyun was not around, making the scene a tad bit less awkward. Then again, she knew she had to face him no matter what, though she really really didn't want to. 

 

Taking the longest time ever, she got out of bed and put on her clothes that were placed neatly on the sofa. She opened the door as quietly as possible, wanting to take a peek, holding on to that small glimpse of hope that he might head back to his company after all or he might be out to get breakfast. Of course, neither of that happened. 

 

"Had a nice sleep?" Seunghyun was at the dining table, reading his iPad while having his morning dosage of caffeine. 

 

"Y-Yeahs..." Yoona straightened her back and walked towards the table, taking the seat opposite him. 

 

"I've cooked a simple meal. Figured out you must be famished." Seunghyun said casually. 

 

A simple statement but was sufficient to let Yoona's mind drift to yesterday's incident again as her cheeks flushed. She nodded shyly and started to dig in, feeling the awkwardness that she had feared setting in. 

 

"Stop thinking and fretting so much," Seunghyun chuckled as he witnessed her squirmed in her seat. 

 

He knew given her personality, she would have acted this way. After yesterday, it was obvious that something had definitely shifted between them, but still, he wasn't sure if it's for good or for worse. To be honest, he was more than willing, gladly even, to bear the full responsibility for yesterday's incident, but he knew better not to rush things. And well, watching her worried and awkward expression now just further affirmed his decision. 

 

"E-Eh?" Yoona looked up, startled by his voice. 

 

"I say, stop fretting. You looked like you'd jus swallowed a pair of socks," Seunghyun teased. "Yoona, we're all adults. It's a consensus thing. I understand. However, if you want, I can take full responsibilities you know. We can get married right away."

 

"O-Of course not!" Yoona broke into chuckles..

 

Somehow, this comment made her relieved. Though at the same time, she felt a little disappointed about the adults and consensus part, more than anything, she was laughing with relief when she realised that the consequences for yesterday night wasn't too serious. Perhaps, with all the things that are happening around her, a relationship is probably the last thing in her mind now. She could totally live with the explanation of them being adults and the things they'd done being normal. Hell, she and Jiyong kissed countless of times, be it by accident or for real when they were young. Okays, kind of different because they did not go to that extend.

 

"Why do I sense that you're being so relieved eh?" Seunghyun noticed that change of expression and raised his brows. "You do not want to take any responsibility for yesterday?" 

 

"A-Ani!" Yoona got flustered. 

 

"So we should get married?"

 

"N-No!" Yoona started speaking incoherently. "I mean I should take responsibility, no, I mean you should. No, I mean you're right. We're all adults and it's normal. Omo! No, this is not normal. I mean-"

 

"Wow wow, relax Yoona," Seunghyun broke into laughters, masking his disappointment up. "You're speaking codes. I can't understand what you're saying." 

 

"Y-Yah! Are you pranking me?!" Yoona hit his arm and pouted, though her tensed up body was relaxed immediately as she saw his laughters. "Lee Seunghyun!" 

 

"Haha! I should have video-ed down the entire thing! 'I mean I should take responsibility, no-I mean you should-.' Haha! Man, you should have seen how acted just now," Seunghyun shook his head, wiping away the mirth forming at the corner of his eyes. 

 

"Lee Seunghyun," Yoona folded her arms across her chest and glared at him. 

 

"Alrights alrights. I'm sorry," Seunghyun raised his hands up in mock defeat, trying to suppress his laughters. "Made coffee for you. Your head must be hurting from all the crying yesterday." 

 

"Finally you're back to being the nice Lee Seunghyun," Yoona snorted and took a sip of the coffee, putting it down thereafter. 

 

"Wae? Not to your liking?" 

 

"Ani. I just remembered I don't have the habit of drinking coffee in the morning," Yoona smiled, biting her lips subconciously. 

 

Truth was, she only drink a particular mixture. 

 

One and a half spoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter