Chapter Twenty-Nine

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I love you more than a sister, Im Yoona."

 

She should be happy. Elated even. 

 

The guy that she loves, had a mutual feeling for her! 

 

Unfortunately, she didn't feel that happiness. Instead, she was overwhelmed and confused. It seemed too good and out of the blue to be true and she wasn't sure if she was ready for this confession. 

 

"I..." Yoona shook her head and took a step back, leave some distance between them. "I... I don't know..." 

 

"Yoong, I can tell that you fancy me more than just a brother too. Don't lie to yourself," Jiyong frowned. "If you didn't, the news about you and Lee Seunghyun being together would have made official, but it never did." 

 

"Things change..." Yoona sighed and mustered her courage to look at him. "Like you've said, you're standing in front of me as a brand new Kwon Jiyong, but didn't you realise? While you've changed, I've changed too. Just like just now. Remember how much I hated the nicotine smell? But look, here I am, taking puffs just to calm my nerves, to fight the cold. During the last one year, so many things had changed..." 

 

"You've already said, it's social smoking and so what if you smoke? I smoke too. I understand how cigarettes can calm one's nerves." 

 

"It's not only about smoking, oppa," Yoona didn't know how to put it across to him. "It's just... Things are different. You get it? You're right, you're... You're never the first person to be there when I needed someone the most. I can't blame you for some, but the fact remains unchanged; someone else was there before you. Perhaps, that's what I need. Someone that I can rely on as and when I want it..." 

 

"I'll be the one, if you give me a chance, Yoong," Jiyong wasn't liking this conversation one bit. "You know you love me more than just a brother." 

 

"I do," Yoona answered honestly, "but I know you inside out too and I just wasn't sure if that's the guy I really want... It's funny don't you think? It's hard to determine if Kiko was smart or simply scheming. She told you that you fancy me, but you know what? At the same time, when she called me in after you spoke to her, she told me to leave you and I did. Before that, I had never once thought of leaving your side, but her words made me questioned myself and I realised the trust and love I have for you turns out to be not as strong as I thought it would be. If we have that strong a feeling for each other, maybe we wouldn't go through one big round, just to realise now that we're meant to be." 

 

"Yoong, I've changed and you've yet to know the new me," Jiyong held her hands tightly, calling out almost pleadingly. "I won't know what to do without you..." 

 

"Maybe you needing me is just out of habit," Yoona gave a weak smile. 

 

"I know my feelings. This isn't habit, it's love." 

 

Yoona didn't have any other things to rebut. She was torn apart. A part of her wanted to accept his feelings and be happy, but another part of her was stopping her, fearing that if it didn't work out eventually, what would happen to their relationship? Could they still be siblings, playing and fooling around, being mistaken by people as couple? She was afraid of taking this risk and to lose him entirely. 

 

"I... Give me some time. I need some time to think things through..." Yoona pulled away her hands. "I'm sorry, oppa..."

 

"It's okay. I never expect it to be easy anyway," Jiyong knew better to not push further as he let out a smile, ruffling her hair. "I know this is a lot to take in but I just want you to know that I'm not giving up. I've set my goal and am clear of my feelings and direction. I love you, Yoong and this is something that I'm very certain about." 

 

She found the old Kwon Jiyong back; the Kwon Jiyong that's so confident of himself. She believed his words but she wasn't sure about his determination. She would need time to think about it, about Jiyong, about Seunghyun, about her own feelings. There's too much things at stake and she wasn't ready to go all out with a half-certain mentality. 

 

"Give me time and I'll give you a reply." 

 

"I'll give you a week. I'll be in NY for this week to discuss about my brand."

 

"A week is too short!" 

 

"We've known each other for more than half of our lifetime, I don't think you need that long to decide on your feelings, Yoong. Don't think of avoiding me because I'll do things my way if I don't get an answer after a week."

 

"What's this Kwon Jiyong?! It's an outright threst!" 

 

"I know how much of a coward you can be," Jiyong shrugged his shoulders and pulled her into a hug. "I want you to be brave about it and be true to your feelings and decisions too. You've grown up already Yoong. You aren't the indecisive, little girl anymore." 

 

"You , Kwon Jiyong. You really ," Yoona grumbled as she hit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter