Chapter Nineteen

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoong, you're finally backkkk!" Yuri squealed, giving Yoona a bear hug.

 

"Haha unnie! We just met around a week ago!" Yoona returned the hug nonetheless. 

 

It definitely felt good to be home. 

 

"Welcome back, Yoona," Mr and Mrs Kwon both hugged her affectionately as well. 

 

"Thank you, Uncle, Aunty Kwon. I miss your soup the most, Aunty Kwon!" 

 

"Wow. Did you guys have telepathic skills? Umma knew that you're coming home today, that's why she cooked your favourite dwenjangjiggae personally!" Yuri exclaimed. 

 

Yoona's eyes went wide in surprise gave a generous kiss on Han Giran's cheeks, "thank you Aunty Kwon!" 

 

"Silly girl! It must have been a long and tiring flight. Go get some rest first. We'll call you when dinner is ready!"

 

"Yes mdm!" 

 

Yoona went back to her room and let out a grin. Even though it's been over a year since she left, everything here remained untouched. The Kwons did not chase her out nor get angry with her for pursuing other dreams. They continued to respect her decision and showered her with the same love and concern. 

 

"I'm finally home~" Yoona plopped herself into her fluffy bed, closing her eyes in contentment.

 

"Miss home that much but did not bother returning at all for the past one year?" 

 

She heard that annoying voice and opened her eyes, seeing the owner of the voice leaning against her door frame, wearing that usual smirk. He was raising his brows and spreaded his arms out. Yoona smiled and got out of her bed, going forward to give him a hug.

 

"Welcome home, Ms. Im~" Jiyong patted her back, breaking into a huge grin. 

 

"Thank you, Mr. Kwon~" Yoona gave a hit on his back. "The formidable chairman is that free to come back so early?" 

 

"The famous model is coming home today. Of course I've to make some time off. Pretty sure the ex-chairman will agree with this decision as well." 

 

Over the past one year, beside Yoona who had carved out a path of her own, Jiyong too, grew in his own way. Kwon Younghwan had stepped down from his position as the leader of the company, passing the baton to his son. Jiyong became the chairman of Kwon Enterprise without any doubt as he continued to lead the entire company. 

 

"Anyway, belated Merry Christmas~ Was too busy packing my stuff to return. You should have received the gift already right?" Yoona walked to her bag and fished out a card, giving it to him. "This is a part of the yearly ritual, I know." 

 

Every year end, Yoona would write a card for each and every one in the Kwon Family for whatever they've done. She'd put in all her heart and thoughts on the cards as she reminisced for the past one year. It would always bring Yuri in tears as she read the letter and would throw her arms around Yoona every single time and Mr and Mrs Kwon would always pull her into hugs as well. 

 

"For the first time, I have to say, your artistic sense got better. Love that chair man," Jiyong took the card and flipped open. 

 

"Got someone to choose it for me," Yoona shrugged her shoulders. 

 

"Yah, I take back my words. Nice gift, but such an insincere card this time round?" Jiyong pouted and showed his card. "It used to be essay-long woman."

 

The card wrote -  

 

To Jiyong oppa:

 

Recap for the year! Thank you for....

Everything. 

 

Yoona.

 

"Please. The past years weren't essay-long alrights. It's just slightly a few more sentences. This year's meant more than anything else. If you don't like it, then give me back!" Yoona tried to snatch away the card. 

 

"I'm keeping it. Need to put it altogether for comparison so that I can mock at you when we're old," Jiyong avoided her arm and raised the card up, protecting it from her grasp. "I guess that someone should be Choi Seunghyun?" 

 

"Who else? I know you guys are in love with each other," Yoona wrinkled her nose in distaste. "His eyes were totally shooting out hearts when I gave him the Bearbricks." 

 

The morning after the surprise visit at her house, Yoona received another knock on the door again. This time, it was Sandara Park, Jiyong's new secretary. She still looked like the same girl she had trained before; the shy, meek girl. Yoona wanted to invite her in but all she did was to just hand her a bag, gave a polite 90-degree bow and off she went. Yoona was all puzzled but the moment she took a look into the bag, she was totally caught in surprise. 

 

This Kwon Jiyong! 

 

It was less than 12 hours ago that she had told him that she wanted the Bearbricks and he got it in such a short notice?! 100% authentic and nicely packaged. She remembered being so excited that she shook Jiyong awake and gave him a hug. It didn't end romantically of course, because the sleep deprived Jiyong thought there were some terror attacks going on or something and eventually disturbing the sleeping couple Yuri and Lee Soohyuk up as well. 

 

It's hilarious to see them running around in panic, but of course, that's the reason why Yoona had only wrote a single word on his card for the year. She was truthful in whatever she said. She really thanked him for...

 

Everything. 

 

"Then he should be loving Dara then," Jiyong shrugged. "Have to admit.  Though she isn't as capable as you, her artistic sense is so much better. I merely gave a simple d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter