Chapter Twenty-Seven

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an unfortunate night but life still went on. Yoona flew back to New York that very next morning. She knew staying in Seoul wasn't of much help and she was having an upcoming show as what Choi Seunghyun had reminded.

 

"You sure you don't need me to accompany you?" Choi Seunghyun asked as he watched her packing up her things.

 

"I'll be fine, oppa. Stop fretting," Yoona gathered her stuff, stopping briefly to look at him, giving a smile. 

 

"That place is known to be messed up. That Lee Seunghyun will kill me if he finds out that I told you about that shady place and even let you go alone," Choi Seunghyun groaned. 

 

"But she's THE key to all the problems! I HAVE to go oppa," Yoona sighed. "I'll defend you from Seunghyun after I've get the things done." 

 

"Yah Im, what makes you so confident that Kwon Jiyong is really innocent? Everyone knows he doesn't have a nice reputation to begin with. He literally sleeps and flirts around," Choi Seunghyun asked. 

 

"Trust," Yoona paused for a moment before answering. "Yes, he sleeps around, but he's not one that'll hit women. I know him and I know Kiko Mizuhara too. She's out to ruin him." 

 

"But he doesn't want your help," Choi Seunghyun pointed out crudely.

 

"It doesn't matter. What matters is I want to help him," Yoona let out a smile. "I can't bear to see his future ruined..." 

 

"Hopelessly in love," Choi Seunghyun shook his head. "Keep me updated. Make sure you're in contact with me at all times. You hear me?"

 

"Awww Choi Seunghyun is the best!" Yoona whined and hugged him tightly. "Thank you oppa!" 

 

"I swear I was indebted to you in my past life to let you come torture me in such a way this life," Choi Seunghyun grumbled but returned the hug nonetheless. "Take good care of yourself." 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"Kiko Mizuhara, you better not let me find you..." 

 

Yoona scanned around the dark and dingy place, trying to look for that familiar figure. After returning from Seoul, Yoona tried searching around for Kiko Mizuhara. She knew that she had came back to New York after creating a huge din back in Seoul. She received information that her current boyfriend was a thug in New York and that there were rumors floating around, saying that this pair of couple was obsessed with . Since her connection in New York wasn't that big, she had to tap on Choi Seunghyun's connection instead, asking him for help. Choi Seunghyun, being in the modelling industry for years and was someone who loves to fool around, knowing a lot of people, including gangsters and druggies. To be honest, Seunghyun was capable of helping her, perhaps even better than Choi Seunghyun, but Yoona didn't feel exactly right to ask for his help and if Jiyong was to know that he had received help from his enemy, that prideful lion would probably flip. 

 

"Ah!" 

 

As Yoona walked on the dark street, she could see someone following behind her from the corner of her eyes. She quickened her steps while that stranger matched the speed as well. When she eventually broke into a run, that stranger had grabbed and dragged her to the alley. 

 

"W-What do you want..." 

 

In the dark, she could sorta see his face and it was somewhat familiar. Where did she see him before... 

 

"You want to look for my girl? How about you show me what you got first? I recognise your pretty little face in runways, missy," he grinned. "I've always wanted to that underneath those tight outfits you wear."

 

She finally recognised him, he was Kiko Mizuhara's thug boyfriend! Choi Seunghyun had shown her his photo, together with his hangout location when she had asked him about his whereabouts. 

 

"And now I can," he smirked and covered with his huge hand, muffling her shouts. 

 

Yoona was frozen with panic as her eyes welled up with tears. The guy was inching closer to her, nuzzling against her neck as she struggled to free her hands from his tight grip. She shut her eyes tight, feeling the impending doom and regretting over the fact of not listening to Choi Seunghyun. 

 

"!" 

 

The impending doom didn't came after all. Yoona opened her eyes in shock, only to see the thug cussing and wiping the blood off from the corner of his lips. Seunghyun pulled her behind him, a look of anger. 

 

"You're gonna get it real hard, little kiddo," the thug spat his saliva on the ground and charged towards the both of them. 

 

"Wait here for me," Seunghyun helped Yoona to one side and smiled at her, ruffling her hand. 

 

Yoona nodded while clutching her chest, as she watched nervously. Seunghyun had a change of expression when he was facing the thug.

 

"WATCH OUT!" 

 

Yoona shrieked as she watched the thug smashed an elbow into the side of Seunghyun's skull, the soft spot high on the temple. Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter