Chapter Thirty

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So what if it's the truth? I know that, but it's all in the past. Everything changed after you hit eight and came to our house." 

 

"Did it?" Yoona raised her brows questioningly.

 

"It didn’t?" Jiyong rebutted. 

 

"Alright, you win, it did," Yoona chuckled and nodded. "You guys spoilt me. Yes, it was easy to be alone but I realised I don’t have to be alone."

 

"See?" Jiyong smirked. 

 

"But that doesn’t mean that I need you. I just need a family like yours and if your memory did not fail you, I was like your servant, running after you, cleaning up after your s."

 

Jiyong scratched his nape and smiled sheepishly, "I swear I’m a changed man now."

 

"You know, before I came here, I spoke to my junior in the company..."

 

Yoona leaned against the railing, focusing on the endless horizon of the sea, finding the courage to piece her words together.

 

"I asked her what makes her heart pounds for a guy. She told me little things matter. Little things like attentive listening, the guy offering his jacket during cold days, the guy slowing down and matching pace with her when she wears heels and the list went on for a couple more times."

 

Then, she turned and looked at Jiyong who had a guilty look. "You, did nothing of that sort."

 

"I... I offer my jacket to you whenever you’re shivering!"

 

"That’s cause I was sneezing and you don’t want to dirty your Aventador," Yoona snorted. "Remember how much you laughed when I wore stilettos for the first time? You said I walked like a duck."

 

"Teases are meant to spur you on."

 

"Oh really? Then apparently it doesn’t work on people like me. I’ve only gotten to know Seunghyun more in this couple of years and he could remember exactly what I’ve said, even during times when I don’t remember them myself. He’s that attentive when it comes to my things. Putting him aside, even Choi Seunghyun fares better than you in this aspect, Kwon Jiyong."

 

"I’m a changed man now. If you’d let me show you, I’ll do it even better than them."

 

"A leopard never changes its spots, oppa."

 

"So... does that mean it’s a no?" Jiyong was clearly disappointed and broken.

 

"No?"

 

"Are you saying no to my no, or are you repeating and reiterating the point that no, you don’t love me and won't give me a chance." 

 

"I'm saying I love you."

 

"I love you too, but you know it's not that kind of siblings love." 

 

"No, oppa. You don't get it. I LOVE you," Yoona was definitely having fun interacting with the flustered and confused Jiyong. "I love you more than a brother, Kwon Jiyong." 

 

"Stop ing with my mind Yoong!" Jiyong shouted. "First you're saying that I'm a lousy boyfriend calibre and all of a sudden you're saying you love me too? It doesn't make any sense!" 

 

"Yupps, because loving you doesn't make any sense. I don't get it too." 

 

"So... It's... for real?"

 

"Do you want it to be fake?" 

 

"No no no! I want it to be real! You never know how nervous and uptight and worried I was for the past one week! I came to a realisation that you drive me insane, Yoong. I... I can't live without you..." Jiyong looked into her eyes and confessed timidly.

 

Yoona looked into his eyes and without any words, she threw her arms around him. 

 

Silly, you'll know it when you look him in the eyes. If you see your reflection in his orbs, smiling brightly with your eyes sparkling too, then you'll know that you treat him more than just a brother...

 

She had the answer when she was talking to Jennie Kim. It's of no doubt that Jiyong would fail being a thoughtful boyfriend. He didn't listen attentively, neither did he bother about her feelings. Hell, he even chose to use her as a pawn to satisfy his ego. However, looking into his eyes, she saw that she was all smile. No matter how y he was, whenever she looked at him, she found herself letting out a silly grin, eyes sparkling in his orbs. 

 

That, is love. 

 

"You make sure you start doing those little things now, Kwon Jiyong," Yoona smiled as they broke apart from the hug. "I'm watching." 

 

"Thank you, Yoong, thank you..." Jiyong couldn't help but teared up as he hugged her tightly again. "I promise. Little things, big things, I would do it all. For you." 

 

She's willing to take this risk and to give it a try. If it failed, at least... they'll forever be siblings right? 

 

No pain no gain. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"Ok Kwon Jiyong. Can you stop smiling already? You're creeping me out," Yoona chuckled and shook her head. 

 

"Thought you said my smiles are charming," Jiyong continued to put on a huge silly grin. "I can't help it. This wonderful girl is my girlfriend." 

 

"I'm feeling a little weird now," Yoona laughed. "You've NEVER EVER showered me with such praises before, Kwon. You always complained that I'm a tomboy."

 

"I beg to differ. I remember that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter