Chapter Sixteen

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoona." 

 

"Oh, Seunghyun... You're here..." 

 

"It's okay! Continue to lie down, you need the rest," Seunghyun rushed to her side, asking her to lie down as he reached out for her forehead. "Wow, you're burning..." 

 

"Probably caught a cold accidentally..." Yoona coughed as she replied. "I'm sorry I couldn't turn up for our lunch..." 

 

"Look at you," Seunghyun shook his head and her forehead gently. "What's lunch when you're like this?" 

 

Yoona's face turned even redder at his understanding thoughts. "What brought you here?" 

 

"Even if we can't have lunch, at least I've to see you," Seunghyun pulled the duvet over her body, covering her tight. "That Kwon Jiyong. How could he let you catch a cold? Don't he know that your body is very weak?" 

 

"It's not his fault. I was already wearing his jacket but when I took out for security check and forgot to wear it, a strong gust of wind blew and oh well, bad luck Yoona," she sniffed. "Why are you guys always finding fault with each other anyway." 

 

"Born enemies maybe," Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders. "Where is he?" 

 

"He flew to London for work the moment he sent me home. Think something happened in the London office and needed his immediate attention. He had been pushing it because I was unconcious in Australia." 

 

Seunghyun made no comment as he nodded and handed her the medicine on her desk. "Okays, take your medicine and get some sleep." 

 

"Is your humble paycheck not enough to feed you well? Is that why you're looking for a part-time job in being a personal nurse? I'm out of job, I can't afford to pay you," Yoona chuckled as she took the medicine and water. 

 

"You know, I ain't joking when I said you'd suit modelling right?" Seunghyun replied. "You'd shine like how you would, being a secretary." 

 

"Uhm... I'll think about it and let you know again?" Yoona pursed her lips. "It's a huge jump." 

 

"Not really I would say. You'd always been quite the media's attention. The difference is just you having to walk a few more steps on the stage."

 

"You call catwalking, a few steps on the stage?" Yoona laughed. "Those models are going to hate you." 

 

"Matter of fact," Seunghyun answered. "Okay, go to sleep now." 

 

"Yes sir~" Yoona shook her head in defeat. "You really are a naggy nurse." 

 

✦✦✦✦✦ 

 

That nap turned out to be a long deep sleep as Yoona was knocked out completely. However, Seunghyun was there through the night. Her fever did went up during midnight and Seunghyun was there to take care of everything; dapping cold towel on her burning forehead, keeping her covered with blanket. Yoona did woke up once due to the discomfort but went back straight to sleep after being fed with medicine.

 

That went throughout the night and the morning came. Seunghyun stirred and sprang up suddenly, slapping himself lightly on the face when he realised that he had fallen asleep accidentally. First thing he did after sleep had cleared off, was to bend forward and took a check at Yoona's temperature. 

 

Subsided. 

 

A relieved smile spreaded across Seunghyun's face as he stretched himself, stepping out of Yoona's room, forgetting that he was actually in someone else's territory. As he came down the stairs, all the heads shot up, Yuri's mouth agape with incredulity. Both Mr and Mrs Kwon had confusion and surprise written all over their face as well. That's when it finally dawned on Seunghyun that he was at Kwon Mansion. He became awkward immediately, standing at the end of the stairs as he bowed politely. 

 

"Uhmm... Seunghyun-sshi?" Yuri was the one that broke the silence. 

 

"Y-Yes!" Seunghyun stuttered, as though being caught red-handed for a wrongful act, his fingers interlacing at the front of his body humbly. 

 

"Mr Lee, take a seat. Have breakfast," Kwon Younghwan motioned to the seat beside him, calling out. 

 

Seunghyun nodded and took a seat immediately. He was still acting really awkwardly and shyly and Yuri couldn't help but to . 

 

"No wonder Yoong's room was shut the entire night~" Yuri cooed. "Turns out Seunghyun-sshi you were spending the night in there!" 

 

"A-Anniyo! I-I-I was just taking care of her! S-She was running a high f-fever!" For the first time ever, Seunghyun's palms were clammy and his face were turning red. 

 

"Yah Kwon Yuri, behave yourself," Han Giran slapped Yuri on her shoulder lightly before giving a gentle smile. "Pardon her, Seunghyun-sshi. She's just fooling around. We knew that you dropped by to visit Yoona, but we didn't expect you to stay through the night. Thank you for taking care of her. This silly girl, she's always putting on a brave front in front of us even when she's sick." 

 

"No worries, Mrs Kwon. I'm just doing my part," Seunghyun finally calmed down as he gave a smile. "It's a blessing for Yoona to be a part of the Kwons. I can tell that she loves and treasures you guys so much. You all have an amazing bond." 

 

"Wow. You sound like her boyfriend," Yuri commented nonchalantly. 

 

"A-A-Anniyo..." 

 

Just as Seunghyun was feeling embarrassed with the teasings, a commotion was heard from the door. 

 

"Young master!" 

 

Everyone looked up, to see Jiyong walking briskly into the mansion, with the helpers trailing behind, carrying his luggages. He halted to a stop wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter