Chapter Fifteen

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoong, can you hear me?" 

 

Jiyong's brows creased with worry as he helped her up slowly, holding a glass of water near her lips, feeding her some water.

 

Yoona drank it feebly, finally finding her voice back as she croaked, "where am I...?" 

 

"Hospital," Jiyong's expression finally relaxed at the sound of her voice. "You idiot. If you can't surf, then don't surf! Thank god someone was there to save you. Can you imagine if that person was a minute too late? You could have drowned!" 

 

Yoona frowned at the loud voice but was too tired to fight back. Jiyong, looking at her pale and sickly complexion, softened as he helped her to lie down again. "Take more rest. We'll talk later." 

 

Yoona nodded obediently as she closed her eyes. Within the next moment, she opened them again, "you'll be here right...?" 

 

Jiyong let out a defeated smile as he held her cold hands into his, "yes, I'm not going anywhere." 

 

Yoona closed her eyes again with that assurance and drifted off to sleep in no time. Jiyong took a seat beside her and stretched his arm out, brushing her frinch aside as he let out a defeated sigh. 

 

This woman. God knows how worried he was when he received a call from someone, claiming that he's in Australia and that he had sent a girl into the hospital. He found his contact in her recent contact list. Prank calls did came across his mind and that stranger sounded korean instead of Australian but he did try to call her for a couple of times, with all the calls diverting to her voicemail after awhile. Anyhow, he did not dare to risk the possibility and he decided to take his personal plane to Australia to take a look before alerting and worrying his parents and sister unnecessarily. 

 

Turned out it wasn't a hoax. He could recognise her phone almost immediately when showed and he was pacing up and down the surgery room for almost an hour before the lights went off and he rushed to the doctor. Thankfully she was saved in time but it still took her another 2 days or so to finally regain her consciousness. He thrown all his work and left in a rush when he received the call and while waiting for her to wake up, he had to make urgent calls to settle the business in Korea. 

 

Hearing her voice now, he could finally relax his tense self. 

 

Thank god... 

 

Jiyong frowned as his phone vibrated for the umpteenth time and he rejected the call yet again. He did not want to disturb Yoona's rest with his calls and he had given his words to her about not leaving. 

 

"Feeling better?" 

 

Yoona swam from the dark to focus on his face, letting out a weak smile as she nodded. Jiyong helped her up to rest against the headboard, bringing another glass of water to her. After resting, Yoona's spirit had improved slightly as she drank the water hungrily. 

 

Just then, Jiyong's phone rang again and took a look, showing signs of irritation. 

 

"I'm fine... Go pick it up..." Yoona said as she took a glance on the phone and saw that it was from his subordinate. 

 

Jiyong was still a little reluctant but Yoona pushed him away gently, motioning him to pick up the call. 

 

"I'll be right back." 

 

She nodded as Jiyong sighed, taking up the call as he stepped outside the ward. 

 

"Are you feeling better, Miss?" A nurse appeared and Yoona could recognise it was the same voice that she heard before she drifted off to sleep again. 

 

"Yes, thank you so much for the care..." Yoona smiled as the nurse checked on her pulse. 

 

"All healthy," the nurse beamed as she took the reading. "Oh, no worries! It's our duty, but I have to give credits to the sir outside. He was here all day all night!" 

 

"How long have I been sleeping?" Yoona was curious. 

 

"You were unconcious for 2 days 2 nights, Miss!" The nurse exclaimed. "He did not leave you out of his sight at all, except during those times when he had to pick up calls. He seemed like a really busy man, but yet he cares so much about you. What a sweet boyfriend you've, Miss!" 

 

Yoona could feel her face heating up when she heard the word 'boyfriend'. "H-He i-is not-..."

 

Before she could finish her sentence, a guy rushed towards her and enveloped her into a hug. 

 

"Thank you. Thank you for staying safe..." 

 

Yoona was surprised by Seunghyun's sudden appearance and Jiyong came from behind, leaning against the wall as he folded his arms across his chest and smirked.

 

"Seunghyun..." Yoona smiled awkwardly as she caught Jiyong's expression, patting Seunghyun's back gently. "I'm fine." 

 

Seunghyun broke away from the hug and looked at her, "I'm sorry I arrived late. I wanted to take a flight here the next morning as scheduled, but something happened in the office and I had to settle it. By the time I received a call from the hospital and wanted to fly off immediately, the weather got really bad. My pilot forbade me to ride..." 

 

"Of course he should! If the weather is bad, you'll be in danger!" Yoona exclaimed, before narrowing her eyes dangerously at him. "You did not ditch him and took the plane yourself right?" 

 

"Of cou-course not!" Seunghyun laughed sheepishly but when he realised Yoona wasn't buying any of it, he scratched his nape embarrassingly. "Well, I would love to hijack the plane, but I don't have a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter