Chapter Twenty-Eight

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I knew about it," Yoona gave a knowing smile. "I knew about it some time back." 

 

"You... What?" Seunghyun was truly taken aback. 

 

"I knew it quite some time back," Yoona explained further. "Your response to his scandals was rather lackluster. It sounded almost as though you'd already knew this was going to erupt. Remember how I tried asking you for help? You didn't reject me directly but I knew you weren't happy and willing, hence I turned to Seunghyun oppa for help. What confirmed my suspicion was that night when we were having dinner. I'm sorry I peeked at your phone. You had a message while you went to the toilet and I accidentally took a glance and saw it was Kiko Mizuhara." 

 

"Why didn't you confront me about it?"

 

"Why would I?" Yoona smiled. "Though I was upset initially and it did came across my mind to expose your lies and quarrel with you, I realised that you actually have every reason to do this. Kwon Jiyong was someone you dislike, so it's only natural that you want his reputation to go down the drain and with the fact that eventually, you still decided to step out to help me, it shows that you're not a bad guy." 

 

"I'm only helping because I don't want to see you in danger," Seunghyun answered. "I thought without my help, you'd give up, especially after that person himself had given up. But it ended up with the stubborn you still trying to help him out. If you are not in the picture, I definitely would not have bothered." 

 

"The main thing was you bothered still in the end."

 

"Because of you," Seunghyun sighed. "Truth to be told, when I heard you calling out for him that time during your mum's incident, I was really jealous. When you returned to Korea and broke down once again in his arms, I was fuming with jealousy. I couldn't understand why would you trust and believe in him so much and felt that he didn't deserve all of your attention and concern. I happened to bump into Kiko Mizuhara in a club and there, I knew of her revenge plot and wanted a share of it. I tried stopping the news from reaching you. It was easier since you're in NY and were really busy but god, I forgot to warn Choi Seunghyun. I guess disasters happen when you make decisions while you're angry. I didn't know it would end up like that." 

 

"It's okay. I understand totally." 

 

"But I've to make clear one thing. I'm only sorry because I indirectly caused you harm, definitely not sorry towards Kwon Jiyong. Yoona, think about it. If he was a better man, he wouldn't have get hooked up with Kiko Mizuhara again and got played out by her." 

 

"You really detest him don't you," Yoona laughed. "Yes, I know. It's partly his own fault and doings, that's why I'm not blaming you either. But you know, you could make things better?" 

 

"Are you asking me to help him?" Seunghyun gave a scowl.

 

"It doesn't kill to do a good deed right? Just treat it as helping someone in a dire state. I know you love competition. Without him, no one would be able to compete with Lee Seunghyun already," Yoona stuck her tongue out cheekily. 

 

"I'm only agreeing because it's you," Seunghyun agreed in reluctance. 

 

"You're the best, Lee Seunghyun!" Yoona beamed and threw her arms around him. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

With Seunghyun's help, of course everything became easier and smoother. They found Kiko Mizuhara's thug boyfriend within days and even managed to get hold of the tape between Kiko Mizuhara and her boyfriend. Yoona asked Kiko Mizuhara out and it was a negotiation. 

 

"I believe we don't have any common topics to talk about, Yoona-sshi," Kiko Mizuhara took a seat opposite and removed her sunglasses, taking a glance at Yoona before proceeding to look at her fingernails, answering nonchalantly. 

 

"Yeahs, we don't, after I say my piece," Yoona extended a phone towards her and played the video. 

 

It was the tape of Kiko Mizuhara and her boyfriend. 

 

"What the fu-" Kiko Mizuhara deleted the video immediately and was finally in alert mode as she looked around in panic. 

 

"Oh, don't worry. I made a couple of copies. If you have deleted it accidentally, I can still send you."  

 

"What do you want from me, Im Yoona?" 

 

"I just want you to clear Kwon Jiyong's name." 

 

"Don't you think what you've done is very low-class?" Kiko Mizuhara scoffed. "This is my privacy!"

 

"Oh really? I thought Kiko-sshi loves sharing your private life with the press. You even shared photos of your bruises remember?" Yoona smirked. 

 

"Your good little lover here has a part to play in this too," Kiko Mizuhara was quick to expose Seunghyun, fending for herself. "I'm not the only one who wants him pay."

 

"I knew we are the worst combination ever," Seunghyun shook his head. "I already told her everything. If not you think your lies would get exposed that quickly? My plan would have been flawless if it wasn't for the fact that you screwed up, Kiko Mizuhara. I told you to lay low in some other countries for awhile, but you chose to return here and chose to continue to with that little thug boyfriend of yours." 

 

"Whatever it is, I know Jiyong oppa has done a lot of harm to you, Kiko-sshi, but this is getting overboard. I just want you to do him justice," Yoona added. "Let's make this easy for both parties. I swear he would not come after you."

 

"If I do not wish to comply?" 

 

"Then I guess I'll just let the press know the cold, hard truth. That reowned model Kiko Mizuhara is actuallly a maniac who craves and is obsessed with ," Yoona answered plainly. "Then all the endorsements under your belt will probably be gone. Oh, but you may become Playboy's muse or hit it big back in your hometown on the magazines." 

 

"Is this a threat?"  

 

"Whatever you call it, but I would prefer to call it a negotiation."  

 

"Guess after a year or two, despite you quitting as his secretary, you're still a slave for him, Im Yoona," Kiko Mizuhara leaned back against the chair and smirked, shaking her head. "Always cleaning up after his s." 

 

"Do we have a deal?" 

 

"If I were to tell the press that it was a misunderstanding, my reputation will also go down the drain." 

 

"You can say that you were being bribed by one of his enemies that you would not disclose, but you decided that you shouldn't do that. You'll get a little hate here and there, but it's better than people calling you a liar and a right?"

 

"Im Yoona, you're hell of a poison," Kiko Mizuhara spat.

 

"I'm only suggesting. It's your own call," Yoona shrugged her shoulders. "I might still be able to get you some modelling jobs if you want."

 

It to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter