Chapter Thirty-Four

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stupid Kwon Jiyong..."

 

"You know, throwing tantrums and venting anger on the poor shirt isn't going to help." 

 

Yoona snapped up immediately, throwing the crumpled shirt aside with a guilty look. Choi Seunghyun chuckled and shook his head, taking a seat beside her, staring at her. 

 

"What's with that creepy smile?" Yoona narrowed her eyes at him.

 

"Nothing. You know, you look pretty cute when you're throwing tantrums," Choi Seunghyun stifled a chuckle. 

 

"Oppa!" Yoona hit his arm and pouted. "Don't mess with me now..." 

 

"I told you before Lee Seunghyun was a better choice," Choi Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders. "You're the one that likes to play with the fire." 

 

Yoona glared at him. 

 

"What? I'm stating the truth," Choi Seunghyun defended himself. "Besides, I said was. I think this Kwon guy has turned over a new leaf. I believe him this time and I'm quite sure that you believe him too, since that time you're already blind enough to believe him for the Kiko Mizuhara incident." 

 

"But it's Lee Jooyeon this time!" 

 

"I know I know, I heard about it. The chicken incident they call it? Yah, you're pretty nasty too, calling people chicken. Looks like goddess have her claws too."

 

"I didn't alrights. I was refering to the chicken that was served," Yoona sighed. "I don't know why he have to keep getting involved with her..." 

 

"Everyone has good and bad friends. Hell, I've tons of horrendous friends but look where I am now? Still alive and kicking." 

 

"He's different from you. You're a nasty person yourself," Yoona chuckled. "She'll land him into trouble soon. Mark my words."

 

"Yah, I'm hurt," Choi Seunghyun rolled his eyes. "Kwon Jiyong is hell of a sly fox himself and I dare say, he's nastier than me. It's just that in front of you, he acted like a poor little sheep that needed protection. Don't be fooled by him." 

 

"I know. Remember I was THE star secretary?" Yoona replied. "I've seen him live in action when dealing with other businessmen." 

 

"Then why are you being so worked up now? You know Lee Jooyeon has the reputation of throwing herself at capable and rich businessmen. This isn't the first time."

 

"Yeahs, but I was his secretary then. I've no say with regard to my boss's behaviour, have I. But now, I'm his g-" Yoona realised she had a slip off her tongue and trailed off. 

 

"But now, you're his girlfriend," Choi Seunghyun completed the sentence for her. "Man, you finally acted like a GIRLFRIEND for once."

 

Yoona raised her brows in question. 

 

"The unreasonable element," Choi Seunghyun mocked.

 

"Y-Yah oppa!" 

 

"Aigoo, I swear watching you being in love is such a cute thing," Choi Seunghyun laughed as he pinched her cheeks affectionately. "Araso araso. I know you know your limits. It's good for him to learn his lesson as well anyway. Let him know you're no longer THE star secretary that let him have his way and to help him clear his . It's about time you be the unreasonable girlfriend that shows your claws and get him under your mercy."

 

"Am I really that unreasonable...?"

 

"Tsk tsk. I was just praising you a moment ago," Choi Seunghyun knocked her head, giving a distaste look. "Despising you, Im Yoona."

 

"I-It's a question! I-I don't think I'm unreasonable!" 

 

"That's my girl!" Choi Seunghyun clapped his hands. "Alrights. Guess you're fine now? I'll need to get ready for the show as well. Apparently PEACEMINUSONE's boss is not my boyfriend. If I screw up, I'll not get my paycheck. I thought I should come check on my partner first, to ensure her sanity. Who knows whether the petty boss would push the blame to me if it was his girlfriend who makes a blunder during the runway later." 

 

"Pfttt! You're more likely to cause the blunder! I remembered saving your on a couple of occasions during shows," Yoona snorted before softening as she gave Choi Seunghyun a hug. "Thanks so much, oppa..." 

 

"You're always welcome," Choi Seunghyun patted her back. "I promised the Lee boss to look after you and well, the Kwon boss did give me some incentive to ensure that you're okay." 

 

"Choi Seunghyun!" 

 

"Love you! See you at the runway later!" Choi Seunghyun escaped out of the room before Yoona could hit him. "Kill it!" 

 

Yoona could only laugh at his silliness. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"What even?! Yah Kwon Jiyong! Stop fooling around!" Yoona let out an urgent whisper, making sign languages. "Choi Seunghyun! He's crazy and you're following his ethics?!" 

 

The show had gone smoothly and it was down to the final showcase where the main female and male spokesperson would walk the runway, showing the final product. Jiyong, the designer and boss, would go up the stage to conclude the show after they finished the walk. However, when they were on stand-by, getting ready for their final walk, Yoona realised that the one that was standing opposite the walkway wasn't Choi Seunghyun but Jiyong. Jiyong was wearing the clothes that he designed, getting ready to complete the show with Yoona. Choi Seunghyun was standing beside him, helping him to do a final check on his style.

 

Yoona was horrified but Choi Seunghyun simply smirked, pointing to Jiyong. Jiyong, on the other hand, looked at her with love and adoration in his eyes, giving a cheeky smile. Yoona was about to tear both of their smug faces away but before she could do anything, the signal for them to walk out came. 

 

She didn't have a choice. She put on her professional expression and stepped out, being side by side with Jiyong. 

 

Camera lights went crazy. Gasps could be heard from the audience and the next moment, thunderous cheers and claps rang. It was after all, Jiyong's first appearance in front of the media after the whole chain of incident. He never liked to address the media and even during those incidents and this upcoming show, he had released the messages via his PR. Him appearing in front of the public meant something. 

 

Both for the press and himself. 

 

"Jiyong-sshi! It's always been known that you don't like to address the media, but this time you chose to appear in front of us. Is it because you would like to share more about PEACEMINUSONE with the brand model, Yoona-sshi, or is there something you would like to announce?" 

 

The press went crazy. After the show, Jiyong refused to let Yoona leave, pulling her to sit through the interviews as the camera lights went flashing. Honestly, the press was playing innocent, pretending that Jiyong and Yoona walking the runway was purely platonic and normal. Most famous designers would come out with their brand spokesperson at the end to have a nice conclusion but if it came to Kwon Jiyong and Im Yoona, they knew it wouldn't be so simple. The media had been following on Yoona's love life and everyone was curious and eager to know the fair lady's choice between the Kwon and Lee heirs. Yoona hadn't been forthcoming and was pretty private with her personal life and when the media thought she was going well with Lee Seunghyun, Kwon Jiyong suddenly appeared and was caught on the camera sending Yoona home, as well as them spending the night in a hotel during the latter's birthday. 

 

With them appearing as a pair now, it seemed to have confirmed their suspicion. 

 

"Yes, I would like to thank everyone for coming here, giving this humble brand your attention. I've always taken an interest in fashion since young and now, having a brand on my own is a dream come true. This wouldn't have been made possible if it wasn't for the late Karl Lagerfeld. His support and guidance have made PEACEMINUSONE possible. Also, to my family. My dad and mum had put their trust in me, as well as my sister, who always gives me so much opinions, though sometimes, it's annoying." 

 

The crowd laughed as the press took photo of the Kwons who were sitti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter