Chapter Thirty-One

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another few weeks have passed and both Jiyong and Yoona got on with their hectic schedule respectively. As promised, Jiyong offered Kiko Mizuhara an exclusive contract (albeit much to his reluctance) in exchange for Yoona’s agreement to be PEACEMINUSONE’s spokesperson.

 

PEACEMINUSONE’s opening show was fast approaching and Yoona finally had the time to appear in the New York branch office to try on the clothes. Jiyong, who has been flying to and fro between Seoul and New York, decided to stay put in New York, after receiving the news of Yoona coming over.

 

"It’s a pleasure to see you again, Jiyong-sshi," Yoona acted all-so-professional, putting on a smile as she extended her arm out.

 

"Come here you idiot," Jiyong was simply frowning away as he pulled her into a tight hug, sighing. "I miss you."

 

"Aren’t you a little too sticky," Yoona chuckled and patted his back. "When I was your secretary then, we did spend time apart you know."

 

"Secretary, not girlfriend," Jiyong pulled apart and eyed her from head to toe. "You became skinnier again."

 

"Shows after shows, can’t help it," Yoona shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

 

"You tried the clothes already?"

 

"Yes, it’s amazing. I like it," Yoona smiled as she made herself comfortable on the velvety sofa.

 

"Of course, I’m the designer," Jiyong gave a smug smile.

 

"Yah, here you go," Yoona handed Jiyong the paper bag that she had brought along. "This contributes to my weight loss too. I spent my time on this instead of eating and resting. You better be thankful."

 

Jiyong peered into the paper bag curiously and a silly grin spreaded across his feature immediately. However, as soon as he took the thing out, his expression changed.

 

"You better manage your expression, Kwon Jiyong," Yoona narrowed her eyes. "I told you it will look hideous!"

 

It was a hand-knitted scarf by Yoona. 

 

"I... I l-like it..." Jiyong tried his might to suppress his laughters as he held up the poorly-knitted scarf. 

 

"Try harder Kwon," Yoona rolled her eyes. "My eyes were half-closed when I was knitting alrights! You should be glad that at least it is still shaped like a scarf." 

 

"Except that it is long, I don't see how it looks like a scarf," Jiyong examined the scarf, finally breaking into peals of laughters.

 

"Y-Yah Kwon Jiyong!" Yoona's face was turning red with embarrassment.

 

Though Yoona had rejected his request of knitting a scarf, she did it nonetheless. However, being the rising model wasn't easy. She was constantly busy and the only free time she could spare was before her meagre sleep time or when she's having her makeup done. Her skill wasn't great to begin with and with all these hinderances, of course the scarf quality was...

 

Pretty bad. 

 

"I thought you were being humble and I did see the scarf you knitted for Lee Seunghyun back at the J. Estina's event. It didn't look that... artistic," Jiyong laughed heartlessly. "Man, there's finally a thing that Im Yoona is not that great at." 

 

"I-I just need more time to practise!" 

 

"You're right. I can't wear this out. PEACEMINUSONE's, as well as Kwon Enterprise's reputation is going be wrecked." 

 

"I don't care! You better wear it somewhere, somehow, Kwon Jiyong!" Yoona grumbled. "I made the effort!" 

 

"But it does look hideous!"

 

"Kwon Jiyong!" 

 

"Araso araso! I'll find a suitable occasion... Somehow," Jiyong answered. "But for now, let’s go."

 

"To?"

 

"Even though Karl has passed on, Chanel Haute Couture still lives. It’s on cruise ship this time," Jiyong explained. "Pretty sure you got the invite too, but you’re coming as my partner."

 

"Of course I knew about it but I thought you wouldn’t be attending since you hadn’t mentioned anything about it, so…" Yoona mumbled her way through, head getting lower and lower as she spoke. "IagreedtobeSeunghyun’spartner…"

 

There was an awkward moment of silence and when Yoona was about to look up, her wrist was being grabbed and was pulled out of the office.

 

"Y-Yah Kwon Jiyong!"

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"I really think you need to rub off that grin on your face," Yoona sulked. "It’s getting on my nerves."

 

"Why? This way is better isn’t it? I’m pretty sure you haven’t even tell him that we’re together," Jiyong rebutted. "I’m just making it easier for you to break the news."

 

"I’m busy recently…" Yoona answered guiltily, playing with her fingers.

 

Truth was, she didn’t know how to break it to Seunghyun. It wasn’t like she’s that busy until she didn’t even have the chance to drop a text or to meet him face to face. In fact, within these few weeks, she did have a few dinners with him but she couldn’t seem to find the courage to tell him nor could she find the right words to explain this entire incident. She herself had found it absurd, but things between her and Jiyong really happened the way it was.

 

She didn’t want to hurt Seunghyun at all.

 

"Quit worrying unnecessarily," while she was deep in thoughts, a hand enveloped her pair of trembling hands. "I’m here."

 

She looked up and saw Jiyong looking at her with that pair of unwavering eyes. At that instant, she felt like the worries had dissipated. Though she still felt bad about hurting Seunghyun, she wasn’t afraid of facing him anymore.

 

Kwon Jiyong had indeed changed. In the past, as much as he was reliable with regard to work, when it came to his relationship issues, he was always acting like a coward (and a bastard), leaving it all to her to settle. Right now, just when she was feeling worried and uptight, this man had stepped out to assure her that everything would be fine.

 

That, is what she called security.

 

"Stop staring and focus on the road. I don’t want to appear on the news for being the cause of reckless driving," Yoona broke into a cheeky grin and wrinkled her nose.

 

"I’m Korea’s Vin Diesel alright. Have you forgotten how I always trash you when we race?"

 

"I beat you one time remember?"

 

"Are we still going to start on the topic of your inglorious win. I demand a rematch!"

 

"Pfttt, sore loser~ I’m a busy woman now. Please make an appointment if you would want to have a match with me, Mr. Kwon."

 

"Yah!"

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"Omo! Seunghyun oppa! Siwon oppa!"

 

"Yoona!"

 

Chanel cruise ship was star-studded. Renowned people from all around the globe, ranging from designers and businessmen to singers and models had gathered together for this event. The guys in calling turned around a charming grin appeared on their face, causing the media to went wild in clicking their cameras, trying to capture that golden shot.

 

"Look at you guys, being a sin again," Yoona shook her head and let out an exaggerated sigh.

 

"Says the one that had all heads turned when she walks in," the guys spoke in sync.

 

"Wow. Are the Choi brothers ganging up on their poor junior now?"

 

"More like the fiery and stubborn junior," the guys laughed.

 

Choi Seunghyun and Choi Siwon – Yoona’s closest brothers in her modelling company. When the three of them stood together, it was picture-perfect. The press had deemed Choi Seunghyun and Choi Siwon as the hottest guys in the modelling industry and their fans would swoon all over them. Yoona was certain that even if they wore torn clothes and shoes, they would still look good. They’re that handsome and suave in public but of course, only Yoona knew how dorky they’re in private.

 

"Who’s bullying the fiery and stubborn junior?"

 

"Unnie/Noona!"

 

"I miss you sooooo much unnie!" Yoona beamed as she threw her arms around Park Soojoo, their senior, as well as Chanel’s muse.

 

"Such a glib," Park Soojoo smiled and she looked at the guy standing behind Yoona. "I thought which Japanese girl you would bring to see me again, Kwon Jiyong."

 

"I told you you’d definitely approve this," Jiyong smirked.

 

Yoona turned around and raised her brows. Jiyong slung his arm around her lazily. "I knew Soojoo noona way earlier than you."

 

"We’ve a +82 gang with some other people. I met this brat while he was on a business trip and we hit off well. What happens after is a history,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter