Chapter Twenty-Three

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want to move out..." 

 

Everyone was taken aback, including Seunghyun who was standing at the back, witnessing all the commotion. 

 

"Yoona, if you're still unhappy about the lie, we can talk about i-" 

 

"No no. Uncle Kwon, it's not that," Yoona smiled, patting Kwon Younghwan's hands, trying to calm him down. "I'm not angry about that anymore. I know you guys have my best interests at heart." 

 

"Then why do you still want to move out?" 

 

"I've thought about it," Yoona began slowly. "Ever since I became a model, my work schedule got a little too hectic. My sleeping hours are irregular, my working hours are irregular as well. I've people following me around. I know you guys won't mind but it gets a little too inconvenient because you guys value privacy a lot and it just doesn't seem right to have strangers walking in and out of the mansion. Actually, this time when I returned, the company did prepare an apartment for me, but I didn't know how to break the news of me moving out because all of you had been so welcoming and I miss... Home..." 

 

Yoona had tears in her eyes as she let the last word lingered for a moment. 

 

"But now that my... that guy had come looking for me here, I don't think I should stay here to cause more inconvenience..." Yoona tried to stop tears from falling as she continued. She realised that by now, she had forgot how it's like to call someone, father and she wasn't ready either.

 

"Yoona, you-"

 

"No Uncle Kwon, let me finish," Yoona interrupted, determined to relay her point across. "You've already explained yourself and I believe you. That's why, all the more, I won't let him come disturb your peace. You've raised me up and this is the least I can do for this family. Please don't deny me of this even." 

 

"Yoona, your Uncle Kwon will be able to handle it," Han Giran held Yoona's hands into hers. "Just leave it to him."

 

"Aunty Kwon, I can't always be the one being protected," Yoona tried to persuade. "I want to do my part for this family too."

 

"You can contribute on others, such as being Jiyong's w-"

 

"Giran, enough," Kwon Younghwan cut her off. "Let's respect Yoona's decision." 

 

"Are you crazy?! She just came back after leaving for a year!" 

 

"I believe in her," Kwon Younghwan looked at Yoona. "If this is your decision, we'll trust it. I've always said that you're more mature than Jiyong and Yuri. I believe that you've thought through thoroughly to come to this decision. If you want it this way, we'll listen to you. But listen Yoona, like what I've told you before, be it Kwon Enterprise or this house, they'll forever be open for you. You hear me?" 

 

"Y-Yes! Thank you Uncle Kwon!" Tears of gratitude finally broke out as she hugged Kwon Younghwan again. 

 

Why did she say such mean words to him before? This old man in front of her, no matter how uncertain she felt about herself, he would always be the first to trust in her completely, to give her his utmost support. Why did she even have a doubt that he would hurt her. 

 

Im Yoona, you must have saved the entire universe in your past life. 

 

"Yoona, you better come home for dinner every day," since the head of the family had already given the verdict, Han Giran could only support. 

 

"Every day is a little too tough. My schedule is really packed..." Yoona chuckled. "How about once a month?"

 

"No! Too short! Once a week!"

 

"Okay okay. Once every fortnight! Even if I can't make it, I'll make sure to come back for Aunty Kwon's bowl of soup at least," Yoona hugged Han Giran and whined cutely. "Once every fornight okayyyyy?"

 

"This girl," Han Giran smiled in defeat as she hit Yoona's back lightly, nagging, "alrights. I'll make sure to keep track."

 

"Yes mdm!" 

 

"Yoona ah, are you going to tell oppa about this?" This was when Yuri threw a bomb. 

 

"I..." 

 

Yoona was lost for words. Truth was, as much as she had forgiven Kwon Younghwan, she's still a tad bit angry with Jiyong for lying to her. She didn't know why, but when it came to others, she was more forgiving, but when it's Jiyong who lied to her, she felt really hurt and disappointed. 

 

"Yoona ah, I was the one who asked Jiyong not to tell you. I weren't confident enough to let you stay and to be honest, he's really afraid to lose you," Kwon Younghwan knew what Yoona's thinking and tried to help his son out. "All of us didn't want to lose you, Yoona."

 

"I know..." Yoona gave a weak smile. "I... I'll tell him some other time... After I've settled down." 

 

"You're not going to tell us where you stay even?!" The Kwons exclaimed in sync. 

 

"I will I will!" Yoona laughed. "Relax~ I'll even invite you guys over once I've settled down okay? Promise."

 

"You better do that, Im Yoona," Yuri pouted and let out a sigh. "Oh well, now that you're gone, no one is going to fight oppa with me anymore. This . I'm going to get bullied by him without you."

 

"Awww unnie. He wouldn't dare," Yoona wrapped her arms around Yuri's shoulders. "Okay. I'll head upstairs to pack up." 

 

"That fast?" Kwon Younghwan frowned.

 

"Yeahs. The company had been bugging me and well, I've a free labour here with me now. So, I shall seize this chance," Yoona took a glance at Seunghyun. 

 

Seunghyun gave a polite bow while Kwon Younghwan gave a nod of approval. "Okays, Yoona ah, even if you decide to not tell Jiyong, at least take a look at him before leaving."

 

"Neh~" 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

Yoona packed her luggage in record time. Given that Kwon Yuri and Han Giran insisted her to keep most of her stuff here to prevent her from going missing entirely, Yoona had decided to pack only the critical items and her necessities. It's hilarious how protective they were, even Kwon Younghwan, as they nagged on about what she should do and what she should look out for now that she's living by herself. They made her sound like a little kid going away from home and though it sounded naggy, Yoona's heart was full. Though finally, they were hindering her too much and she decided to chase them all out to concentrate on her packing. 

 

Dragging her luggage out, she passed by Jiyong's room. She stood there for a moment, before letting out a sigh, leaving her luggage outside the door and entering into his room quietly. 

 

There Jiyong laid, with a pained look; his brows creased and lips chapped and frowning away. 

 

"You idiot..." Yoona whispered as she took a seat beside Jiyong, reaching out to touch his burning forehead. "Can you please learn to take care of yourself..." 

 

There was no response, only Jiyong's brows creased deeper. Yoona smoothened out the crease and let out a smile, "stop being such a grumpy old man..."

 

She drunk in the sight before her, trying to remember each of his every feature. Eventually, she started tearing up and wiped off the tears from her eyes, mocking at her emotional self. It wasn't like they're parting forever right. She just needed some time to cool down, to sort out her life. This guy in front of her, she wouldn't want to cut off contacts. Never. 

 

"Stop doing so many stupid stuff because of me..." Yoona spoke softly as she leaned over, planting a soft kiss on his forehead. "I'll be worried..." 

 

Yoona recalled the times when Jiyong did all sorts of nonsensical stuff, all for her. Jiyong might be a playboy, but she knew when he's sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter