Chapter Ten

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa..." 

 

Yoona sighed for the umpteenth time as she called out, Jiyong walking passed her, ignoring her completely. 

 

It had been a hell week. After that fit of anger and blurting out thoughts that should not have been brought out in the first place, everything went downhill. Jiyong thought it was purely a joke initially but Yoona figured out that perhaps, it was a good time to address this issue. Jiyong had took a step back to say he'd give her a long break, but she was not allowed to quit. However, she did not want to slow the entire Kwon Enterprise down and hence she tendered a resignation letter. When the reality began to sink in, Jiyong avoided her and had been giving her a cold shoulder ever since. 

 

She wanted to address the issue, she wanted to tell him how she felt and all, but Jiyong never did give her a chance. Since she had gone so far, she wasn't planning on backing out. After all, everyone got to learn from the hardships. It first came as a shock to Yuri and Han Giran and though they did try to persuade her to stay, they respected her decision. Jiyong still did not accept her letter and having no other alternatives, Yoona decided to approach Kwon Younghwan, who just returned home from a 10-days business trip to Germany. 

 

"Uncle Kwon..." 

 

"Oh, Yoona ah!" 

 

Yoona stepped into the study room and closed the door behind her. She sat down carefully in front of Kwon Younghwan and played with her fingers nervously. 

 

"Wae? Want to tell me something?" Kwon Younghwan wasn't in a rush at all as he spoke evenly while practicing his calligraphy. 

 

"Uncle Kwon... I..." That caused Yoona to become more nervous as she struggled with her words. "You... You know about it already right...?"

 

"Know about what?"

 

"My resignation..." Yoona finally plucked up all her courage and extended her resignation letter out.

 

It was so silent that you could hear a pin drop but before Yoona could speak up, the sound of Kwon Younghwan putting his brush down rang. 

 

"Jiyong doesn't want to accept?" 

 

Yoona looked up and saw Kwon Younghwan taking the envelope, "I'll accept then. I guess CEO has the authority over GM." 

 

Yoona was taken aback. "Uncle Kwon you... You're not angry?"

 

Kwon Younghwan chuckled, "why should I?" 

 

"I-I mean..." 

 

"Why? Because I had raised you up all these years, you've to stay in Kwon Enterprise by hook or by crook?" 

 

"That's not what I mean. It's just I thought... I thought you might try to be like Yuri unnie or Aunty Kwon..." 

 

"Persuade you to stay on?" Kwon Younghwan smiled. "Yoona ah, I know you. Even if you listened and stayed on, your heart would never be the same anymore. Besides, I believe in you. You coming to this decision wasn't a rash one. Out of the three children, I know you're the most sensible. If you decided to do this, it meant that you'd really thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter