Chapter Twelve

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my. If I had known that so many people would be staring at me, I would have put on my Patek Philippe watch instead," Seunghyun mumbled with a smile as he patted Yoona's hand. 

 

"Yeahs, you should have. You do not simply keep a $50k watch at home," Yoona replied as they continued to walk towards their table, exchanging polite smiles with the business associates as they passed them. 

 

"Nahs, having this partner tonight is worth more than $50k. All I need to do is just to pose with you, to get on the front cover of Times. Right?" 

 

Yoona laughed, feeling relaxed. She knew he was trying to lighten the atmosphere, trying to ease her anxiety. It's funny how just a few hours ago, he was the one having panic attacks, and yet now, she was the one that needed comfort. The moment they entered the ballroom, eyes were on them and murmurs rang. She knew they were all curious and were commenting on her but she didn't know if it was praises or badmouthings. When she used to attend such balls with Jiyong, she never once cared about the gossips going around. She didn't know how to put it, but with that guy around, her heart was always at ease or that she'd only focus on him and nothing else.

 

But tonight, just like Jiyong, Seunghyun was able to take away her worries. 

 

"Wow, I guess the paparazzi would really love to make this a headline tomorrow," Seunghyun spoke up again, snapping her out of her thoughts.

 

Yoona was about to ask him the reason but when she looked up, she realised what he meant. 

 

Lee Seunghyun and Kwon Jiyong were assigned to the same table. 

 

"So, what headline do you want?" Seunghyun whispered as they walked towards Jiyong, who was staring at them. "Kwon and Lee heirs hurling punches at each other during the Korea Business Club gala?"

 

Yoona couldn't help but laughed, "Lee Seunghyun. Can you please act like a real businessman for once?" 

 

"My partner's wish is my command~" Seunghyun cleared his throat and put on an act. "Let's go."

 

All these while, the stares had turned into glares.

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"Seunghyun-sshi!" The moment they reached their seats, a heir that was sharing table with them had stood up, exclaiming excitedly.

 

"Jihoon-sshi," Seunghyun gave a firm handshake while Yoona smiled graciously.

 

"Wow, Yoona-sshi, you look fabulous," Jung Jihoon remarked as he gave a suave smile. "You've good taste for partners, Seunghyun-sshi."

 

"It's my pleasure to have Yoona-sshi as my partner too," Seunghyun joked. "You don't know how hard it is to ask her out tonight." 

 

"Will I get a chance next time then, Yoona-sshi?" 

 

"I'm afraid you've to start getting into the line. I think the line now is all the way from Seoul to... Jeju?"

 

"I'll make sure to take my private jet to Jeju first thing tomorrow morning." 

 

"Oh you guys! Don't flatter me!" Yoona laughed at their conversation. "I'll report you to Gain-sshi, Jihoon-sshi." 

 

"I think she might secretly be a fan of yours too." 

 

While all three of them were engaging in a casual conversation, there's the Kwon heir sitting there, arms folded, his expression darkened. Yoona could feel the glares burning her and when she looked up, coming face to face with the dark expression, her laughters faded. 

 

"Oppa..." 

 

Jiyong still refused to answer her but instead, the lady beside him answered, "long time no see, Yoona-sshi." 

 

Yoona's attention finally fell on the lady beside him, her smile frozen. 

 

"Jooyeon-sshi." 

 

Lee Jooyeon. Among all the ex-es Jiyong had, Yoona hated this girl the most. She didn't like her crazy ethics, nor did she like her attitude. Some girls she knew were unreasonable and rude, but this particular girl was more than that. Not only was she rude, she's just pure evil. She remembered that when she was with Jiyong, she had purposely set a poor little executive up and got her fired, just because she dropped a piece of paper in front of her while she dropped by to visit Jiyong. Not only that, when she's with Jiyong, she had seen her fooling around with other guys too, having her fun. Jiyong knew about it and eventually call it quits with her after a few weeks.

 

How did he end up being with her again? 

 

"You're not with Jongkook-sshi anymore?" 

 

"Oh, I didn't know you follow my news, Yoona-sshi. I'm glad that I got your attention." 

 

Yoona felt like tearing that fake smile off her face there and then. 

 

"Of course, I like the tabloids and well, Jooyeon-sshi, you're the queen of tabloids. So, of course you'll get my attention."

 

Yoona countered beautifully with a smile and just before Lee Jooyeon could react, the emcee had came up on the stage, commencing the event. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

The event started and the dishes came up, the table making small talks here and there. 

 

"It seems like the headline would be 'Im Yoona, the star secretary having a cat fight with actress Lee Jooyeon'. I'm placing my bet on you, Im Yoona. You better not lose," Seunghyun leaned in to whisper into Yoona's ears. 

 

Everyone could tell that the two ladies disliked each other and was all ready to fight. 

 

"Idiot," that caused Yoona to laugh and elbowed him lightly, leaning closer to him as she spoke. "Make sure you place more bets then. Give me some of the winnings." 

 

"Okays. 8:2." 

 

"I spend so much effort and I only get 2? 5:5!" 

 

"Yoona-sshi, you need to thank me for giving you this chance to have this fight. 7:3." 

 

"Last. 6:4." 

 

"Deal!" 

 

The both of them laughed. All these while, Jiyong was glaring. Honestly, he didn't thought of coming if it wasn't for the fact that this was an important ball. His dad had instructed him specifically to attend it. Without Yoona, he didn't feel any fun attending such business balls. When he's bored during such balls, he would always , or do silly things just to anger her. That's what makes attending such balls bearable. He had planned to come to the ball alone but when he's on the way here, Lee Jooyeon had hit him up, telling him that he probably would need a partner tonight because Yoona would be here too, albeit with another guy. 

 

He rarely rejects girls and whatsmore, he was curious to see who was the guy that Yoona came along with. He took the offer up and that's how Lee Jooyeon got in here. With her status, she honestly couldn't even make it to the door without being asked to leave. 

 

He was hearing all the murmurs about Seunghyun and Yoona before he even saw them in person. Oh, and it just so happen they're being put together at the same table. Watching her every move with that guy was an eyesore. That little actions of whispers and secret gigglings were annoying him, the small conversations the both of them had with other people were irritating him. 

 

And now, they're even getting so close, almost snuggling with each other!

 

"Yoona-sshi, I guess you should eat more. Heard that you'd resigned? This might be your last chance to attend such prestigious balls. What a pity to the organisers. Losing such a beauty to grace their event," Jiyong was about to rage but Lee Jooyeon spoke up all of a sudden.

 

"Oh yeahs. I think the organisers wouldn't mind. They'll have Jooyeon-sshi. Jooyeon-sshi is beautiful like-oh! The chicken is here!" Yoona exclaimed as the waiter served the plate of roast chicken on their table. 

 

Lee Jooyeon was fuming w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter