Chapter Twenty

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heads turned to the door and Yoona was crying for joy inside her heart. 

 

"What a pleasant surprise this is! Mr. Kwon Younghwan and his wife, Mrs Kwon Giran are here!" 

 

All heads turned and had their eyes fixed on Kwon Younghwan linking his arms with Han Giran as they made their way to the front. Despite not wearing any tuxedo nor gown, both of them exude a strong demeanour and elegance. Yoona took a glance at Yuri who winked at her.

 

Thank god for Kwon Yuri! 

 

Yuri, who witnessed the fight between her brother and Seunghyun, had texted her father who was having dinner with her mother nearby. She knew she didn't have the power nor the demeaour to stop her brother, but at least she knew her father definitely have. Hence, receiving a distress text from his daughter, you would expect Kwon Younghwan to come running to the rescue. They weren't invited, but what's invitation when you're Kwon Younghwan? 

 

The security let them in without a blink. 

 

"Is 1 million enough to have a dance with my beloved Ms. Im?" Kwon Younghwan shot a meaningful smile at Yoona. 

 

Yoona nodded, with tears glistening in her eyes. 

 

Her knight in shining armour truly! 

 

"Of course! 1 million bid goes to Mr. Kwon Younghwan! What an exciting first bid this has been!" The emcee, was of course, more than happy to break the frosty atmosphere as he declared the winner. "Let's invite Mr. Kwon Younghwan and Ms. Im Yoona to kickstart the event with the first dance!" 

 

Of course it has to be Kwon Younghwan. No one would dare to go against him, not even Jiyong and Seunghyun. He might be old and has retired, but his presence and aura would never dissipate. Seunghyun have respect for this elderly and Jiyong would never dare to disrespect his father. 

 

Hands down to Kwon Younghwan. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"On behalf of the African kids, I thank you, Mr. Kwon Younghwan~" Yoona tried to suppress her laughter as she danced along with Kwon Younghwan. "Are you sure Kwon Enterprise stakeholders are going to be fine with you spending 1million dollars on a dance?" 

 

"This is on personal tab. Even if it's on company's, it'll be fine. 1 million is a small sum already," Kwon Younghwan smiled as he guided Yoona along. "Pretty sure that two kids will hit 10 million if I didn't arrive in time. Are you a little disappointed that your knight in shining armour is not some handsome young chap, but this old man right here?" 

 

"Nopes, I like this knight in shining armour the best," Yoona beamed. "Just a little worried that your wife might get a little jealous." 

 

"Oh, she needs to learn to live with this sometimes." 

 

Yoona laughed heartily while the audience looked with admiration. It was like a graceful dance shared between the father and his daughter. The duo was enjoying themselves while the two guys who were in debate, were simply just upset and sulking away. 

 

"Jiyong oppa is never someone who's so impulsive though... Don't know what got into him today... He just likes to go against Seunghyun..." Yoona pursed her lips. 

 

"Oh, that brat... Trust me, he doesn't only like to go against the Seunghyun kid," Kwon Younghwan gave a knowing smile. "It's just that he hasn't come to realisation yet, and you, my dear, has not realised it too."

 

"What have I not realised?" 

 

"You'll find it out yourself in time to come," Kwon Younghwan released Yoona out for a twirl and caught her right in the arms as their dance reached the .

 

"I believe in whatever Uncle Kwon says~" 

 

"Yoona ah, I hope that all these while, you'd truly enjoyed staying with the Kwons, being part of the Kwons." 

 

"Of course I do. I'm more than grateful even. The love and care you and Aunty Kwon showered upon me, the adoration that oppa and unnie had given, I think I must have saved the entire universe in the past to deserve all these."

 

"Yoona ah, do you miss your parents...?" 

 

That question totally caught Yoona by surprise. She froze for a moment before regaining her composure within the next. 

 

Miss her parents? Does she? 

 

They left without a trace when she barely could write and spell. Hatred? Sadness? Disappointment? Or the worst case, emotionless? She didn't know which emotions could describe her the best. 

 

"They're long gone and never coming back," Yoona answered. "I don't need them in my life now either."

 

"What if, your father decided to come back to look for you?" Kwon Younghwan was getting more and more serious with the topic. 

 

"He wouldn't. You tried looking for him remember?" Yoona let out a dry chuckle. "He would never come back..." 

 

The song came to an end as Yoona did a final twirl and both of them bowed in courtesy. For some unknown reason, she felt relieved. She did not understand why would Kwon Younghwan bring up about her biological father all of a sudden nor did she want to know the reason behind it. She was uncomfortable talking about this topic and perhaps, she realised that this would forever be a scar in her heart. 

 

The scar of her being the abandoned child. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

The rest of the charity ball passed like whirldwind. The auction continued and Yoona was kept busy, socialising with other businessmen. Kwon Younghwan stayed for a little while more and left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter