Chapter Twenty-Four

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You claimed that I'll burn down the kitchen, so this will be a better option. There's an important meeting I've to attend. Contact you again after I'm done. 

 

A smile broke across Yoona's face as she read the note after waking up to a table of food from her favourite breakfast restaurant - Migabon. She didn't realise when she had fallen asleep, nor did she realise when Jiyong had prepared all these and left. She knew Migabon doesn't do delivery and given how lazy Kwon Jiyong is, she concluded that he most likely had instructed his secretary, Sandara, to do the job. 

 

Nonetheless, she was glad that she could wake up to her favourite porridge. It's true that whenever she's sick, besides craving for the soup that Han Giran would cook, she would want a bowl of Migabon porridge to make her feel better. Jiyong or Yuri would forever be the one getting it for her (though Jiyong would kept on nagging and harping on the fact that it's very far from their home). 

 

She's thankful that everything still felt normal, even though she'd moved out. 

 

Ding Dong!

 

Yoona was enjoying her breakfast when the doorbell rang. She wasn't expecting any visitor at this hour and her manager had informed her the day before that he'd be dropping by to pick her up for the shoot at late morning. Who would it be?

 

"Seunghyun..."

 

"Wae? Not happy to me here?" Seunghyun raised his brows as he saw Yoona's shocked expression.

 

"A-Ani! J-Just a little surprise. Didn't expect you to be here so early," Yoona stuttered as she let him in. 

 

"You're sick yesterday, so I thought that perhaps I should buy some of your favourite food up to boost your energy," Seunghyun explained as he walked towards the dining area and realised that the table had the exact same thing that he bought. "Oh?" 

 

"Er... I called for delivery!" Yoona didn't know why she's so flustered and even had to resort to lying. 

 

"I thought Migabon doesn't do delivery? That's why I had to wake up in wee hours to travel there. Man..." Seunghyun scratched the back of his head in bewilderment. 

 

"They don't, but wellll~ I'm Im Yoona, remember?" Yoona made up another lie to cover her lie. "I called the restaurant and begged them for it. Had to reveal my identity and sacrifice a bare-face photo with the delivery boy." 

 

"Wow, you really love this restaurant so much to resort to such measures huh," Seunghyun seemed to be bought over by her explanation as he shook his head and gave a sigh. "Guess this will go down to waste then."

 

"We can have it together," Yoona felt bad lying to him and was trying to atone for her mistake. "I bet you haven't had any breakfast right?" 

 

"I thought you would never ask," Seunghyun smiled brightly at the invitation. 

 

"You would have self-invited anyway," Yoona chuckled in defeat at his cheekiness.

 

"That's right too~" Seunghyun joined in the laughters. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

After the scrumptious breakfast, Seunghyun left for work and Yoona had some spare time to kill before going for her shoot. She was lazing around at home, until she heard the doorbell again. Assuming that it would be Jiyong who had left for meeting early in the morning, Yoona headed for the door happily.

 

"Luckily you did not cook and bought Miga-" Yoona called out cheerfully, only to trail off when she realised who was at the door.

 

"My baby girl~" 

 

It wasn't Jiyong; it was Im Jaebum. 

 

"How do you know I stay here..." Yoona's face fell the moment she saw who was at the door. 

 

"You left Kwon mansion for me to find you right?" Im Jaebum invited himself in shamelessly, looking around the house. "Not bad. Indeed, you're making a huge name for yourself without Kwon Younghwan." 

 

"What do you want?" Yoona closed the door behind her and asked coldly.

 

She didn't want to face this father of hers at all. The love she had for him was long gone and now... She didn't even hate him. Towards this guy, she had no emotions left and. All she wanted from him was to be out of her life and not to disturb the ones around her. 

 

"Why are you so cold Yoona? Don't you miss me? I miss you so much..." 

 

"Cut the act," Yoona spat. "All you wanted is money. You never wanted me, let alone finding me." 

 

"You actually believe what Kwon Younghwan told you?" Im Jaebum narrowed his eyes dangerously. "Whatever he says are all lies, Yoona! Why would you even believe him! I'm your DAD! Not him!" 

 

"If you're, you wouldn't have left an eight year old girl all alone in the house back then," Yoona let out a cold smirk. "I was there all alone, for MONTHS, not days mind you. But guess what? Everyday was a disappointment. You never did return, nor did you leave anything by the door for me. You left an eight year old all alone to fend for herself." 

 

Yoona poured out all the words that she had bottled deep inside her heart all these years. Yuri had always praised her and envious that she had been such a strong girl, but to be frank, she didn't want to be. When she was young, she too, wished to be just like her, being pampered, but it didn't happen. When she turned seven, her mum left and subsequently, her dad left as well. She didn't want to be strong, she have to be strong. She didn't have a dad like she did to protect her, she had to fend for herself, have to fight for herself. It was tiring, it was saddening. 

 

But right now, she's stronger than ever. 

 

And she doesn't need a dad like that now. 

 

"So, you're not going to acknowledge me?" If soft tactics didn't work, Im Jaebum was going hard. "You want to let the public know that the reowned model Im Yoona is actually a heartless lady who abandons her poor and sickly dad?" 

 

"If this is how you want to go down, I've nothing to say. I'm never one that cares about the limelight," Yoona was truly disgusted. "Go ahead." 

 

"How about your beloved Kwon family?" Im Jaebum smirked. "Kwon Younghwan, Kwon Jiyong, Kwon Yuri, Han Giran... Child-stealer? Breaking up a wonderful family?" 

 

"You wouldn't," Yoona frowned. "The press won't believe you." 

 

"Kwon Enterprise competitors are just waiting to leap on the chance to bring this giant down," Im Jaebum let out a gutteral laugh. "I'm sure all they need is a little spark to start the fire." 

 

"Leave," Yoona opened the door and shouted. "SCRAM!" 

 

Im Jaebum was at total ease as he walked towards the door but before Yoona could shut him out, he made a sudden turn, strangling her neck with might. 

 

"H-Help..." Yoona was choking and trying her might to struggle. 

 

"Is this how you repay your dad, Im Yoona? Then I rather let you perish and inherit all your money!" Im Jaebum spat as he tightened his grip.

 

"L-Let go...!" Yoona was slowly losing her breath as she tried to kick him. 

 

"Let go of her!" 

 

All of a sudden, an unfamiliar voice was heard and Yoona fell, panting away as the grip was off her neck. She panted, only to look up and saw an unfamiliar guy in his early sixties, hitting Im Jaebum. 

 

"This is not the end, Yoona! Look at the harm you'll bring to the Kwons!" Im Jaebum called out as he scrambled off, knowing that he was of no match with this sudden intruder. 

 

"T-Thank you..." Yoona got up and gave a bow to the stranger. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter