Chapter Three

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aunty Kwon, you make the best salmon salad!" 

 

"Yah Im Yoona! Stop eating and come play with us already! I kept losing to appa!" 

 

"Cominggggg!" 

 

It was a fun-filled Saturday. Even without the complete strength, the Kwons were having fun. Han Giran was contented in preparing the food for her family and watching them have fun while Kwon Younghwan was happy that he got to spend some quality time with his three beloved women. 

 

"Aigooo, I'm really getting old. Guess like your badminton skills are getting better, Yoona," Kwon Younghwan grabbed a bottle of water and gulped down thirstily. 

 

"It's because it's 2 against 1," Yoona chuckled in response as she popped a cherry into . "Where did unnie go though? She disappeared during the game." 

 

"She said she's bringing her friend here. She wants us to meet someone," Han Giran replied. 

 

"Omo omo! Is it her new boyfriend?!" Yoona exclaimed excitedly. 

 

"With so many guys out there, I just hope that she finally picked the right guy. That silly girl. What's with that swimmer the last time seriously. Oh, and Youngbae's incident... Aishhh, this girl is just too worrisome sometimes..." Kwon Younghwan shook his head. "I thought Kim's Enterprise young master Kim Youngkwang is chasing her? Thought that young chap looks pretty decent."

 

"Don't worry Uncle Kwon, I'm sure unnie will pick the right one for herself eventually," Yoona smiled as she patted Kwon Younghwan's shoulder. "I think Youngkwang-sshi is a nice guy too. Attended a few meetings with him previously." 

 

"Are you interested in him? If Yuri's boyfriend is not him, then I'll ask Uncle Kim to come out for a lunch with his son?" 

 

"Aigoo! Uncle Kwon! Is this an outright matchmaking session now?" Yoona burst into laughters. 

 

"I'm serious! Yoona ah, you're already 28 years old! Yuri already changed a couple of boyfriends, Jiyong... Let's not even talk about that brat. But you... You're pretty, you're capable and you've such a kind heart. But you're usually the one that stays at home with us during weekends, not going out for dates. During weekdays, all your time would be taken up to settle the company matters." 

 

"You make me sound like an anti-social angel," Yoona joked. "I'm just waiting for the right one."

 

"I know you've a lot of suitors. I heard words all around~ It's just that you're setting your mark too high." 

 

"Of course I have to set my mark high! If not he wouldn't be able to pass Kwon Chairman's tests!" Yoona used Kwon Younghwan's words to counter him. "I don't want to get nagged like Yuri unnie~" 

 

"You this cheeky girl," Kwon Younghwan laughed as he ruffled her hair affectionately. 

 

"I'm here~"

 

Both Yoona and Kwon Younghwan looked at each other and raised their eyebrows at the familiar voice. Before Yuri had returned with her 'friend', it was an expected guest that had popped by. 

 

Kwon Jiyong. 

 

Yoona almost choked on her cherry's seed as Jiyong walked towards them. 

 

"I thought you're not coming?" Yoona spit out the seed and heaved a sigh of relief. 

 

"I decided to make Yul lose a bowl of ramen," Jiyong smirked. "I told you that I'll prove you girls wrong. Where's the other girl?" 

 

"Appa! Umma! Yoong!" 

 

Yuri's voice rang just in time and everyone turned to look at her, intertwining her fingers with a guy. 

 

Jiyong's smirk froze; Yuri's expression evolved from happiness to mortification. 

 

"Oppa..." 

 

"Explain." 

 

Jiyong was clenching his fist, trying to suppress his anger while Yuri became like a child who had been caught for her wrongful acts. 

 

It turned out, Yuri's new boyfriend, Lee Soohyuk, was one of Jiyong's good friends. 

 

"Ji, I'm serious about Yu-"

 

"Are you ing kidding me now?! You just broke up a month ago! With your nth number of girlfriend!" Jiyong exploded as he held Lee Soohyuk by his collar and gritted his teeth. "I'll ing kill you right now if you let me found out that you already bedded my sister." 

 

"Oppa, let go! You're hurting him already!" Yuri screamed. 

 

"Jiyong ah, let go. We'll talk through this." Even Mr and Mrs Kwon were taken aback by Jiyong's huge reaction. 

 

"There's nothing to talk about," Jiyong pushed him away and walked off. 

 

"Jiyong/Oppa!" 

 

Everyone called out after him but he continued to storm off. 

 

"U-Uhm... I'll-I'll go check on him. M-Maybe... Maybe he's abit under the weather today," Yoona backed away embarrassingly, eventually breaking into a run to chase after the walking figure. "We'll be back soon!" 

 

Lee Soohyuk was about to give chase as well but was stopped by Kwon Younghwan. 

 

"Leave it to Yoona. She always have a way with Jiyong."

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"Yah, can you slow down for a bit? My feet are hurting!" 

 

"I didn't ask you to follow!" 

 

"Kwon Jiyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter