Chapter Seventeen

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Star into Star: Former Kwon Enterprise Star Secretary Im Yoona shines bright as the new rising star in the model industry!

 

Astounded by many. Former Kwon Enterprise employee Im Yoona makes a bang into the modelling world! Im Yoona: I still have a lot to learn. Really thankful for all the support I've received thus far.

 

[BREAKING NEWS]: Rookie model Im Yoona makes her first appearance as the first Asian model to open for famous brand Dior! 

 

1 year.

 

It had been a crazy ride. 

 

After Jiyong's assurance, Yoona embarked on her new dream. She had a slight unfair advantage, getting a golden ticket to New York directly, with the help of Seunghyun's connection. However, not all glitters are gold. Even with the shortcut, Yoona had faced difficulties. From culture to lifestyle to personality, she struggled with the differences. True, it was an easy start for her, but it wasn't easy to maintain it. For one, western countries are different from asian countries. Bribery works fairly well in Asia, but in America, people detest it. Everyone, upon knowing that she had gotten into the industry through connections, despised her. It didn't help with the fact that she's an Asian and everyone knew that it wasn't easy for Asians to break into the modelling industry and make it big for themselves. 

 

But Im Yoona being Im Yoona, she's never a quitter. With her sheer determination and perseverance, she earned the respect of her fellow models colleagues and became fashion label, Kate Spade's new muse in no time. She debuted in New York and began to make a name for herself; from New York to Paris, from Paris to Milan. As like what Seunghyun had said, Im Yoona wasn't an unfamiliar name with the media. Her beauty has long been well-recognised since the days when she appeared in prestigious balls with Jiyong and this only aided her to gain a stronger foothold in the modelling world. Her humble and good-natured personality was like a fresh breath to the dark and threatening fashion world and as expected as it might have sounded, Im Yoona became the new rising star in the modelling industry.

 

"Oppa...?" 

 

Backstage of Milan walkway. End of Dior fashion show. 

 

Yoona came back to the backstage, receiving lots of hugs and kisses of praises along the way. As the crowd cleared off, a particular sideview of a model caught her eyes. She froze in her step for a moment, her expression in utter surprise. 

 

"S-Sunbae!" 

 

The surprise turned into a slight disappointment as the model turned around, standing up and bowing politely at her. 

 

"Mask that disappointed face. You're gonna scare the little boy off," another male model came beside her, whispering into her ears. 

 

She snapped out of her trance immediately, giving a warm smile, "call me Yoona will do. I've only been in the industry for a year. Not professional enough to be called a senior yet." 

 

"Yoona noona. Can I call you that?" the younger model asked timidly. 

 

"Sure! That will do too." 

 

"Song Minho," the older male model introduced. "Another Korean model as well. Today is his debut show." 

 

"It's because of Seunghyun hyung and Yoona noona, you guys paved the path for us. You guys carved out a name for Korean models, making it easier for us." 

 

"Wow, I like this kid," Choi Seunghyun nodded his head in bemusement. "You've a bright future ahead."

 

"Never mind about him. This oppa is always eccentric," Yoona laughed and hit Choi Seunghyun by the arm lightly. "Soojoo sunbae is the one that made it be. We're still rookies as compared to her."

 

"Yah, you're a rookie, I'm not," Choi Seunghyun pouted. "I've been in the industry for over 5 years!" 

 

Both Yoona and Song Minho looked at each other and broke into a cheeky smile, chorusing in sync, "yes, Seunghyun HARABEOJI!"

 

Choi Seunghyun complained, "yah! You brats!"

 

They laughed at his reaction and it was an amiable atmosphere. 

 

"Ex-excuse me... I’ve something to see to. See you guys around!" Song Minho spotted someone and made an excuse to leave abruptly. 

 

Yoona watched him scurried to the other side of the room in a hurry. She saw him approaching another young female model, whose face lighted up the moment she saw him. 

 

"Jennie Kim. Another model who made her debut today," Choi Seunghyun spoke up, clearing her doubts. "They‘re from the same agency and are crushing on each other."

 

"Ahh... Young love~" Yoona sighed in envy as she watched the pair of young model couple exchanging eye contacts and breaking into shy smiles. 

 

"Thought someone just said that she’s a rookie. Why does she sound like an old woman now," Choi Seunghyun sniggered. 

 

"Pfttt. Always finding faults with me," Yoona snorted. "How do you know so much about them anyway. Your part-time job is a paparazzi?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter