Chapter Eighteen

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I swear I will not bring you to any exhibition next time. Such a burden," Choi Seunghyun hissed.

 

"Ehhh~ I was just asking questions!" Yoona let out a cheeky smile as she linked her hands around his arm. "Don't all experts love to be asked questions?" 

 

"Arts do not have any answers," Choi Seunghyun shook his head. "Stop pestering me. Go and look for the things you want to buy." 

 

With that, Choi Seunghyun abandoned her in the art gallery mercilessly and went ahead to look for his stuff. Hence, Yoona, the art novice, had no choice but to walk around and decide the things to buy on her own.

 

"Yoona?"

 

"Aunty Kwon!" Yoona looked up from the sound and was surprised to see the Han Giran standing a few feet away from her. She walked over and gave her a hug. "What are you doing here!"

 

"I heard that there's a piece of chair that Jens Risom designed right here in this exhibition," Han Giran smiled. "So I have to come here to take a look." 

 

"You could have just asked me to buy it! You don't have to take such a long flight here to get it," Yoona replied. "I was just thinking about what to get for you for Christmas." 

 

"Silly girl," Han Giran ruffled her hair. "You coming back home is the best present for us already." 

 

Yoona could feel tears in her eyes as Han Giran smile. "But I'm not able to make it back for Christmas though?" 

 

"Doesn't matter. At least I get to see you during Christmas eve. That Kwon Jiyong. He was supposed to be here with me but he had some last minute work stuff to tend to." 

 

Yoona was a tad bit disappointed but it dissipated as abruptly as it appeared. "So, have you decided on getting it?"

 

"I want to, but oh well. Some gentleman has already reserved it," Han Giran gave a sigh and shrugged her shoulders, "better luck next time I guess." 

 

"Oh?" Yoona looked around and saw Choi Seunghyun talking to the curator and pointing to the chair that Han Giran wanted.

 

She broke into a smile.

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"Seunghyun-sshi, thank you so much! Are you sure you don't want it?" Han Giran exclaimed as she gave her black card to the curator. 

 

"I'm totally not sure. I'm being forced into this," Choi Seunghyun muttered under his breath. 

 

"Eh?"

 

"H-Haha! O-Of course he is sure! He has plenty of Jens Risom's chair in his collection," Yoona interrupted and chuckled nervously, nudging Choi Seunghyun. "Yah!"

 

"Yeah yeahs. I'm MOST welcome to let you have this piece of chair, Mrs Kwon," Choi Seunghyun feigned a smile. 

 

"Alrights Yoona. I'd have to head back home now, your Uncle Kwon wants me back by Boxing day at least," Han Giran turned to Yoona and enveloped her into a hug. "Make sure you come back soon." 

 

"Yes. I'll be back during the first week of the new year," Yoona patted her back. "Need to tie up some loose ends here. Merry Christmas!" 

 

"Merry Christmas! Take care of yourself and go and have some fun! Seunghyun-sshi, please help me take care of her. This silly girl is always so focused on her work that she always forgets to have fun." 

 

"Sure thing, Mrs Kwon. Have a safe flight back," Choi Seunghyun bowed politely. "Merry Christmas."

 

They sent Han Giran up the limosine and watched it drove away. Yoona continued to wave at the limosine until it was out of sight. She turned around and saw Choi Seunghyun's soured expression.

 

"Awww! I promise I'll buy you 10 other chairs okay!" Yoona was quick to have a change of expression, rubbing her face against his arm. 

 

"10 chairs from anywhere won't be able to surmount to this chair alone," Choi Seunghyun shunned from her touch and sulked. "I waited for that chair to be on sale since a few months back! There're only that few in the entire world!"

 

"You'll get it soon again I promise!" Yoona pacified. "Come onnnnn~ You can't let an old lady go back empty-handed on a Christmas eve!" 

 

"And you can let a handsome young guy go home without his beloved chair this Christmas?" Choi Seunghyun scoffed. "ist much, Im."

 

"If only your fangirls see this side of you," Yoona laughed and shook her head in defeat.

 

"They already seen this side, I don't pretend. They still love me anyway," Choi Seunghyun answered in a matter of fact tone. "I want the Swarovski x Colette 'White Crystal Christmas' Bearbrick." 

 

"What?! That's at least 20 over thousand!" Yoona grimaced, "and it might not even be available!"

 

"That's what makes it precious," Choi Seunghyun whistled. "Araso. It might be too expensive for you. It's okay~ I'll just let Mrs Kwon know that I actually kinda still fancy that ch-"

 

"Araso araso! I'll get it!" Yoona glared at him. 

 

"I know Im Yoona is the best~" Choi Seunghyun wrapped his arm around her shoulders playfully. "I want the 1000%, not the 400% yeah." 

 

"Yes yes," Yoona gritted through her teeth. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"You sure you don't want to join me for dinner?" 

 

"Nahs. I need to go e-bay to auction your stupid bear," Yoona pouted.

 

"Bearbrick is a toy, not a bear," Choi Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "Well, there're other alternatives if you're that unwilling. Other alternatives such as getting my Jens Risom's ch-"

 

"Okay! I'm VERY willing to buy it!" Yoona rolled her eyes. "Wait till this is all over, Choi Seunghyun. I'll have my revenge."

 

"Sure~" Choi Seunghyun sneered. "I'll get going now then? You sure?"

 

"Yes yes. Do not have the mood to have dinner with your bunch of weirddddddd artist friends."

 

"Weird is the new y," Choi Seunghyun replied. "For all you know, you might find one of them being more attractive than Kwon Jiyong or Lee Seunghyun."

 

"Get going already!" Yoona hit him on the arm and pushed him away. "Enjoy your Christmas!" 

 

"Merry Christmas lone soul! Don't cry yourself to sleep!"

 

"Screw you!" 

 

Yoona shook her head with a smile as Choi Seunghyun disappeared amongst the crowd. She turned around and headed upstairs with a sigh. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

/Yoona!/

/Seunghyun!/

/Merry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter