Chapter Twenty-One

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why..." 

 

"Yoona..."

 

"Why..." 

 

"Listen to me. I-"

 

"Why... Why! Why!" Yoona shook her head and took a step back with every step Kwon Younghwan took forward. "I trusted you... I trusted you with all my heart all these while!" 

 

"Yoona, please. I-" 

 

"He had been looking for me and you did not tell me? You kept on letting me think that I was an abandoned kid, a kid that was dumped by her parents!" Yoona shook her head in disbelief, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

 

"Yoona, I-"

 

"YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME! I-I trusted you so-so much..." 

 

"My baby girl, yes. I've been looking so hard for you! But this man here! He kept hiding me from you!" 

 

"Im Jaebum!" Kwon Younghwan lost his cool as he hollered.

 

"I miss you so much, Yoona! I couldn't stand it any longer, that's why I know I have to come and look for you!" Im Jaebum ignored his comment and acted pitifully, approaching Yoona. "Look! It's first day of the month. I remember it's 'Yoona special day'." 

 

Despite Yoona not understanding Kwon Younghwan, giving him a reprimand, it didn't seem like she was taking Im Jaebum's side either. She took a step back and avoided when he stretched his arms out. 

 

"You do not simply pop out of nowhere, after so many years, to remind me about 'Yoona special day', thinking that everything would be the same like the past..." Yoona spoke, her fists clenched. "It's not... It'll never be!"

 

Yoona couldn't stand being in the room with either of them any longer. She wanted to run away from all these, to pretend that none of these have happened. She would rather remain outside, getting chased by those fans, instead of returning here, to know this ugly truth. 

 

"Yoong..." 

 

"Oppa..." 

 

Yoona ran down the stairs, only to bump straight into the arms of Jiyong, who had rushed home after receiving a call from the housekeeper, saying that some unknown guy had came to visit his dad and Ms. Yoona had came home and a huge commotion had broken out. 

 

"Hey..." Jiyong caught her in his arms and rubbed her back, trying to soothe her. "It's okay, it's okay..." 

 

It didn't take long for Yoona to realise that something was amiss. 

 

"H-How do you know I'm back...? Why are you back?"

 

"The helper called..." Jiyong answered guiltily. "W-What happened?" 

 

For many years that they'd lived together, Yoona had known Jiyong inside out. Every little move he makes, every little expression he has, Yoona knows what he's up to and judging from his expression now, Yoona didn't like it one bit. 

 

It suddenly dawned on her how Jiyong had acted the previous night. 

 

"Kwon Jiyong," she took a step back, glaring at him. "You... You knew it long ago didn't you." 

 

"Yoong..." 

 

"You knew that my dad has been looking for me," everything became clear as her eyes went wide with betrayal. "You too knew about it but you hid it!" 

 

"I knew it just recently too!" Jiyong finally confessed in exasperation before softening, "Yoong, please... We're just thinking of the right time to te-"

 

"Don't lie anymore! You guys never planned to tell me!" Yoona cut him off curtly. "I'm very disappointed in you, Kwon Jiyong. I trusted you the most..." 

 

"Im Yoona," Jiyong called out sternly. "You promised."

 

You promised to not leave this house. 

 

"Yoona?"

 

Before Yoona could reply, Seunghyun had appeared with a confused look as he witnessed the argument between the two. Yoona took this opportunity to grab Seunghyun by his arms and walked ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter