Chapter Thirty-Three

The Sassy Secretary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No?" 

 

Yoona pulled herself away from the hug, looking at him incredulously. 

 

"Why?" 

 

"Because it's the iest proposal ever?" 

 

"Does this mean that if I prepare a mindblowing proposal, you'll say yes?" 

 

"No." 

 

"Yah!" 

 

"I'm serious!" Yoona sighed. "We just started seeing each other not too long ago. Don't you think it's a little too fast?"

 

"We've known each other for almost our entire life, Im Yoona," Jiyong begged to differ. 

 

"Knowing each other and seeing each other as life partners are totally two different things," Yoona retorted. "I still think getting married now is too hasty." 

 

"But-"

 

"Oppa, let's take things slower shall we?" Yoona caressed his face. "The journey with you, be it as a sister, secretary or girlfriend, it's been hell of a ride. I enjoy every moment of it but I also want to relish it for awhile longer before we step into the next phase. I just... Well, I just don't want our marriage to end up with a divorce and we end up hating each other to the guts. That will kill me." 

 

Jiyong understood where she was coming from and yes, he had to admit, he was afraid of losing her. To say that he has changed for the better was true, but in the midst of it, he had lost some of his courage too. The ordeal made him realised that he couldn't live without her and scary it might sound, he felt like he was obsessed with her. He tried his means to not show it, but he knew that deep down, if he was to lose this girl, he'd go crazy. That's the main reason why he was so anxious to settle down, to tie her to his side with the title of Mrs Kwon. He failed to realise the other side of the coin; if things end ugly, he'd lose her forever too. 

 

"You're right. Pretend that I never asked..." He was disappointed but he knew it was the right decision. "Yah, you can go around bragging about the night, but leave this failed proposal detail out." 

 

"Aigoo~ Kwon Chairman and his big big egooooo~" Yoona couldn't help but laugh as she pinched his cheeks affectionately. "Why are you so cuteeee!" 

 

"Woman, you don't call big guys like me, cute," Jiyong rolled his eyes. 

 

"You're like a big BOY to me though," Yoona teased, totally oblivious that she had thrown the blanket when she got up trying to make her point.

 

"Oh really?" Jiyong took a glance up and down her body, eyes darkening as he raised his brows amusingly. "Guess like I haven't done enough to prove that I'm a guy then." 

 

Yoona finally noticed that lustful eyes and evil smirk, conceding defeat, "y-you're a guy! A man! A true blue no added preservatives man!"

 

"Save the screams for later babe," Jiyong let out a guttural laughter as he pinned her down to the bed, attacking her neck. "But seriously? Preservatives?" 

 

Yoona wanted to explain herself but of course, it was left unheard and ignored by that big guy, causing her to succumb to the pleasure again as she moaned deliriously. 

 

✦✦✦✦✦

 

"Yah, you got this tattoo-ed recently?" Yoona laid beside him and traced her fingers across the roman numerals that cascaded down from his neck onto his left shoulder. 

 

She barely slept after the countless of makeout sessions throughout the entire night but truth to be told, she wasn't feeling sleepy. Unlike Jiyong, she was never a deep sleeper and these few years being a model had trained her to withstand going on for a couple of days without sleep. She knew she was suffering from insomnia but oh well, there wasn't much she could do about it. She had visited psychiatrists, psychologists, specialists to try to fix this, but the answer was the same; she got to relax herself. 

 

As to what is relaxation, she didn't know. Sometimes, she thought she was relaxed enough, but it ended up with her tossing and turning in bed till wee hours before she eventually fell asleep. 

 

"Got it on the birthday that you briefly appear," Jiyong wrapped his arms around her shoulder, pulling her closer as he yawned, eyes closed. 

 

"Still bitter over this fact. Yah, I've a show to attend to alright, but still, I flew to Korea specially just to show face and give you your birthday present," Yoona hit his chest lightly, showing her dissatisfaction. "Remember? That location of the hidden camera in your office." 

 

"Uh huh, which proved to be a total useless present." 

 

"That's cause your defense against danger is way too low. I'm not in charge of maintaining it for you too even after I left, sha jang nim~" Yoona pillowed her head against his compact chest. 

 

"Like the tattoo?" Jiyong was smart enough to divert from that topic entirely. 

 

"Uhm. I always have a thing for Italian stuffs~ Roman numerals, I love it," Yoona lifted her head up slightly, biting his collarbones seductively, leaving a mark. "Oh, and it is on this hellofva y collarbone too." 

 

She obviously knew she was playing with fire but she didn't care. She was feeling a little more playful than usual and she wanted to test on his limits and his love for her.

 

"I know what you're thinking, Im Yoona," Jiyong's expression though was contorted with uncomfort for a few seconds, gave a deep sigh without opening his eyes, but just simply pulled her back down, hugging her tighter. "I'm tired and you're already sore. Don't thread on thin waters, Im Yoona. Don't start on things that you can't finish." 

 

Yoona let out a cheeky grin as she rested her head back on his chest obediently, clearly satisfied with his response. She liked how they're connected, be it mentally or physically. Ever since young, Jiyong could always read her like a book and she too, could read his emotions without batting an eyelid. Guess that's why it sometimes drove their ex-es crazy and full of jealousy because they could finish each other's sentence effortlessly or how they knew what's on each other's mind with just the other party's pout or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter