Chapter 5: The Encounter

With or Without You

Jennie's POV


"Okay so Jisoo and I will share a room and you two will share a room." Rosé said while pointing at me and Lisa.


I caught Lisa smirking. Ugh, that . 

 

We used Jisoo's car to get here. Lisa thought it would be efficient to use only one car since we're going to the same place. Smart .

 

After getting our keys from the receptionist, we proceeded to our rooms to rest. The call time for the first lecture is 1pm so we still got 3 hours. 

 


"Aw too bad they gave us separate beds." Lisa said once she opened the door.

 

Pretending I didn't hear her, I went and set up my stuff in the closet. Which I think was a lot since there's only a small space left for my roommate.

 


"How long are you planning to stay here? A month?" 

 


Once again I chose not to hear anything.

 

She poked my waist, "Jendeuki"


I looked at her with my disgusted look, "Ew. Only Chaeyoung can call me that."

 

She smirked at me. Great, now I'm amusing her. She's probably gonna keep on annoying me.

 

She sat on the nearest bed, "While we're on the subject, I was wondering what I should call you. Which do you like better, baby or babe?"

 

Okay that does it. Because of my annoyance, I threw the closest thing I could reach to her... a hanger. Which she dodged successfully. Damn her great reflexes.

 

She laughed, "Okay not those then. How about sugar? Or honey? Or maybe sweetheart?"

 

I covered my ears and sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at the top of my lungs. Though I can't hear it, I can tell she's laughing her off. 


---

Lisa's POV


I decided to take a walk and tour the place on my own before Jennie murders me.

 

This hotel looks great. Not to mention elegant. But Jennie's hotel is better. I only found out recently that Jennie's family owned the hotel where Jisoo had her birthday party. I knew she was rich but I didn't think she was THAT rich. 

Imagine the look on my face when Rosé casually said that while we were talking. 


It's not that I'm not used to having incredibly rich friends, it's just that the people here are a lot richer than my friends back in Thailand. I'm not sure I know how to act when I'm with them.

 

I took a left turn and reached the lobby. I was about to go out to the garden area when I bumped into someone.

 

"Hi Lisa!" Jisoo greeted me a little too cheerfully. "I'm on my way to the gaming room. Wanna come?"

 

 

She didn't even wait for me to answer. She pulled me and went to the elevator.


"You like playing?" I asked her.

 

 

"Yeah. My dad bought me my first playstation when I was 7 years old and I've been hooked since then. Of course now I also play computer games and other game consoles." She turned to me, "How about you? What are the stuff you like? Aside from Jennie of course."

 


I looked at her and saw her smirking. I chuckled, "Hey, I like you and Rosé too."

 


She scoffed, "Not the way you like Jennie though."

 

"How can you tell?" The elevator stopped at the 7th floor and we went out. "I like Jennie as my friend and I like you two as a friend too. Therefore I like you the same way."

 


"What? You don't like her more than that? Even just a teeny little crush?"

 


I shook my head, "Nope. I do see why you would assume that. But even though I keep teasing her all the time, I don't like her."

 


Jisoo pouted at me, "But Chaeyoung and I are shipping you two. We're having a hard time trying to figure out a name but we're working on it."

 


I laughed so hard it looked like I'm about to cry. I know, my sense of humor is really odd.

 


I spent an hour playing Tekken with Jisoo before I left to go get ready for the lecture.

 

 

I came inside the room and Jennie wasn't there. Maybe she's with Rosé. 

 


I think I'm gonna take a shower. I still got 30 mins to spare.

 


I grabbed my towel, a sweater, jeans, and undergarments then headed to the bathroom.

 

 

I opened the door and to my great surprise Jennie was there. Half . Dear God.

 

 

Since her back was facing the door she didn't notice me. I swear it took me several seconds gaping at her with my mouth slightly open. 

 


Before I could close the door and step back she already turned around. She shrieked so loud I swear the people from the rooftop heard her.

 

------


Jennie's POV

 

"Switch roommates with me Chaeyoung pleeease." I did my cutest pout but it was no use. Rosé bear-hugged Jisoo tightly while sticking her tongue out to me. 

 


"What happened?"

 


"I can no longer tolerate Lisa." 

 

 

They kept asking me what happened but I'm not gonna tell them. They'll be amused for sure and I don't want that.

 

 

In the end, I gave up. Neither one of them wants to exchange with She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

 


I'm planning on avoiding her the entire lecture so I sat at the other end of the room away from her. 

 


The hours went by so fast and I'm doing well not being bothered by You-Know-Who. Seems like luck is on my side.

 

 

I was getting ready to get up because the lecture was about to end but...

 


"Before we leave, I would like each one of you to choose your partner. This buddy system will be effective throughout the entire training. You'll be working together in every activity." The speaker began. "I'll be handing out these pieces of paper and each one of you will get one. You are not allowed to look at it or the game won't be fun anymore. When everybody already has one, I will tell you to stick it on your foreheads. Then I want you to choose a buddy based on what is written on the papers in your foreheads."

 

 


That sounds fun. I peeked at Jisoo and Rosé and I can tell they're also enjoying this.

 

 

The speaker's assistants went and distributed the papers to everyone per row. We are asked to stand up before sticking it into our foreheads.

 

 

Everyone of us burst into laughter the moment we saw what was on each others' foreheads. There are 3 qualities or skills of a person written on each paper. 2 of those are negative and the other one is positive.

 

 


I checked out Jisoo's and the words "funny", "envious", and "hot-tempered" are written on her forehead. I then looked at Rosé and saw "hard-headed", "friendly", and "hostile" written on hers. I can't help but laugh. I wonder what's on mine though.

 

 

As the minutes went by it's getting less amusing because no one wants to be my buddy. I saw this girl from another school smiling at me but turned around when she saw what's on my forehead.

 

 


After a few more minutes everyone seems to have a buddy but me. I was about to tell the speaker no one's left to be my buddy when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

 


I turned around and saw the last person I wanna see. 

 

 

"Please be my buddy. We're probably the only ones without one."

 

 

I looked at the paper in her forehead

 

 


greedy
approachable
ert

 

 


I laughed so hard I'm pretty sure I pissed her off a little bit.

 

 

"Yeah keep laughing miss warfreak, smelly, and trustworthy." She smirked at me.

 

 

WHAT?! That's why no one wants to be my partner :( Well other than y over here.