Chapter 9: Sherlock Holmes

With or Without You

Finals.

 


Lisa's POV

 

The first thing I saw as I entered the room was Jennie standing at the other end of the table smirking at me.

 

 

"Wow I'm impressed. You actually got to the championship Manoban."

 

 

I chuckled. I know Cocky!Jennie is supposed to be irritating but gods she just became ten times hotter.

 

 


I smirked back at her, "You're not so bad yourself Kim. Let me guess, you death-glared your first and second opponent that's why they made you win."

 

 

"Nah, that wasn't necessary. To tell you the truth I could've drank tea while reading a book while beating those two." She placed her water bottle next to mine and went to sit down next to Rosé and Jisoo.

 

 


I also went over to annoy her when Jisoo spoke, "Don't you think about continuing your flirty trashtalk here or I swear I will disown you two." She said accusingly while eyeing me and Jennie. 

 

 

Sheesh. I think it's "someone's" time of the month.

 

 

"We only bought one gatorade so you two have to decide who gets it." Rosé took out the bottle from her gym bag.

 

 

Jennie and I both reached for it at the same time. Damn she's quick. 

 

 

"Let go!"

 

 

"Why should I let go? I was the one who asked them to buy me a drink first." Then she stuck her tongue out.

 

 


"THERE'S BIRD POOP IN YOUR HAIR"

 

 

"Where?!" She immediately let go of the bottle and checked her hair.

 

 

"HAHAHA" I laughed as I grabbed the bottle.

 

 

Realizing what just happened, she snatched the bottle once more. Good thing I have a strong grip. 

 

 

"This is mine!" I told her while struggling to hold on to the bottle.

 

 

"No! It's mine!"

 

 


We kept pulling the bottle back and forth that we accidentally knocked off Rosè's milktea. .

 

 

We both let go of the bottle the same time and stepped away from Rosé. Even Jisoo moved to a different seat. 

 

 

Rosé was just staring at her spilled Matcha Milktea on the floor with open. 

 

 

Jennie and I were both slowly moving away when she grabbed our ears, "NOT SO FAST"

 

 

I swear Chaeyoung is the sweetest person I know but you don't want to see her pissed when it comes to food.

 

 

I felt her squeeze it so hard I think it's gonna fall right off. "WHEN I LET THIS GO," She squeezed our ears harder, "I WANT YOU TWO TO GO SIT AS FAR AWAY FROM EACH OTHER AS POSSIBLE DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

 

 


"YES" We both said the same time then she let go. 

 

 

"AND ALSO BUY ME A MILKTEA"

 

 

"But Chaeyoung the game's about to start we can't--"

 


"Did I say you have to buy it now?" Ooh. If I wasn't so scared right now I'd laugh so hard at Jennie for getting burned.

 

 

We didn't even get the chance to sit anymore because the teacher called us to begin the match.

 

 

As we were walking, Jennie elbowed me in the tummy. HARD. Gods, this woman.

 

 

"Whoever loses, buys Rosé whatever she wants. Deal?" She whispered to me. I nodded and headed to my side of the table.

 

---

 

After the first set, I figured out Jennie's weakness. I actually already have a plan how to beat her but I thought I would add some more fun to the game. 

 


"Jendeukie."

 


She pretended to shudder, "Ew Lisa. Don't call me that."

 


"What do you say we make this game more exciting?"

 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

 

"Raise the stakes."

 

 

She lifted her right eyebrow, "What?"

 

 

"The loser gets to buy lunch for the four of us for one week."

 

 

"THAT'S A GREAT IDEA" said Jisoo and Rosé at the same time. Wow I can't believe they heard us.

 

 

She chuckled. "I'm gonna spare you the humiliation and expense so I'm gonna say no."

 

 

"Aw. Scared aren't you?"

 

 

"Not a chance."

 

 

The second set began and twenty minutes later we're tied to 21. I think I'm gonna let her win this set.

 

 

"Come on Jen. Free lunch for a whole week."

 


"Yeah come on Jen don't be a wimp." Jisoo said from her seat. Jennie rolled her eyes at her.

 

 

"Fine." She walked towards me and looked me in the eye, "Bring it on."

 

 

 


Jennie won the second set and she was so smug about it. How adorable.

 

 

"Do you need me to accompany you in withdrawing from the atm this weekend?" Jennie asked me.

 

 


"For what?"

 

 

"You know, because you're gonna need a lot of money next week. In case you haven't noticed, Rosé eats a lot." 

 


Rosé probably heard what she said because she shouted "STRIKE TWO JENNIE KIM" 

 

 

She made a peace sign then picked up the water bottle behind her and drank. I was about to tell her that she got the wrong bottle and that bottle is mine but I'll just relish the moment and casually drop it on one of our future conversations.

 

 

The teacher told us to go back to our places so we did. 

 

 

"Pst" 

 

 

I looked at her. "Last chance to back out."

 

 

"I'll take my chances." Then she laughed at me.

 

 

---

 

I was starting to feel anxious at the middle of the game since she keeps catching up to me and my strategy isn't working anymore.

 


She served the ball and I aimed it to the left corner of the table but she saw it and quickly hit it back to me.

 


"Not so cocky now are you?" She said teasing me.

 


"I'm just taking it easy on you love. I know you're a sore loser."

 


"Well, not today." Then she flew me a kiss.

 


"Can you guys stop flirting and just finish the game already? I'm starving" Rosé said from her seat.

 


Jennie served again and I was about to hit the ball when my right hand hit the edge of the table instead. "OW CRAP"

 


Jennie and the teacher went to my side. "Are you okay?"

 


I saw Jennie roll her eyes. She hates rhetorical questions.

 


I just nodded to the teacher. "I'm fine. But I think I'm gonna have to use my other hand from now on." 

 


Jennie took my hand and quickly massaged the top of it. "If you wanna lose you could just say so. You don't have to hurt yourself." 

 

 

She wrapped her face towel around my hand, "You have to go to the clinic after this." Then she went back to her place. 

 

 

I'm not sure if I'm going slightly crazy because of the pain I'm feeling coming from my hand, but I couldn't hear anything aside from the loud beating of my heart.

 

---


Everything went by like a blur. I lost. I kinda saw it coming though. My left hand is the weak one so when I screwed up my right hand I was pretty sure everything is going downhill from there.

 


Of course, I'm never gonna hear the end of this from Jennie. 

 


We're eating right now in the cafe where Rosé got her Matcha-flavored milktea. Since I'm feeling extra nice today (ironically), I decided to treat everyone.

 

"I hope you don't think you're gonna get away with our deal just because you bought us food?" Jennie said with one of her eyebrows raised.

 


"Aw too bad. I thought I was gonna get away with it." I said trying to annoy her. She just rolled her eyes.

 


"Yay we're getting free food for one week." Jisoo said happily. "I heard there's this ramen place that opened up two blocks away from school."

 


Jennie laughed. "You walked right into your demise." 

 


"I'm sorry you lost Lisa," Rosé said. "But Jennie was right earlier, you're gonna need a lot of money to feed us."

 


"Don't you mean you?" Rosé rolled her eyes at Jisoo.

 

 

I excused myself to go to the restroom. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna miss any important conversation because those two are just gonna argue.

 

 

"You saw that coming too?" Oh. Jennie followed me to the restroom.

 

 

"Yeah. I'm sure they're gonna argue for a while so I had to get out of there."

 

 

"Tell me about it. They do that often so in time you're gonna get used to it." She smiled at me through the mirror, "I'm glad you're hanging out with us. Little bit surprised though."

 

 

"Surprised?"

 

 

"Well you're not the first one we tried to befriend. But it never works out."

 

 

"Why? You guys are amazing. I'm really happy you wanted to be my friends or else I'll be the new girl who nobody wants to hang out with."

 

 

"You mean, Rosé and Jisoo are amazing."

 

 

"What? No. You're cool too."

 

 

She chuckled bitterly, "Yeah well try telling that to the girls at our school and they'll think you're crazy."

 

 

"You're overreacting. Of course people like you. I mean, how else would you become the sc gov?"

 

 

"Eh." She said dryly. "I don't know how that happened but I know everyone thinks I'm a ."

 

 

I looked at her. "You're too hard on yourself. Sure sometimes you can be a bit cranky and all but that doesn't make you a bad person" then I patted her head.

 

 

"It makes me feel weird to have someone think highly of me. Thank you."

 

 

I was about to go out when she spoke again, "Lisa?"

 

 

I turned around to face her, "Yes?"

 

 

"Please don't touch my hair again."

 

 

I laughed. Name a better love story than Jennie and her hair. Go on, I dare you.

 


---

 

Rosé's POV

 


"I can't believe it worked. You're a genius."

 


"Well I started noticing Jennie doing it a month ago. I didn't know Lisa would too. They're making this too easy for us." Then she laughed.

 

 

You might be wondering what we're doing. Well, we've been trying to set Jennie and Lisa up together. We're not exactly trying to do anything to get them to be alone but Jisoo thought of this idea. We'd pretend to argue so they'll want to leave which will make them alone together.

 

 

"But I don't know. I kinda feel bad. Are we bad friends?"

 

 

"Definitely not. We're great friends. Other friends would only wish their friends happiness but we are actually making an effort to give them that happiness." She said not batting an eye.

 

 

"Sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night." I ate the last of my blueberry cheesecake. "But I think they're not gonna fall for it. I think they're both straight."

 

 

Jisoo snorted, "You seriously don't see the way Lisa looks at Jennie? It's a known fact in psychology that when a person looks at someone he or she likes, his or her pupils dilate. And every time Lisa looks at Jennie I can see her pupils do."

 

 

Wow. Since when is she into psychology? 

 

 

"I don't know if I'm amazed or creeped out. You could be a detective you know. Jisoo Holmes." Then I laughed.

 

 

"Yeah but you can't be my Watson."

 

 

"Why not?" I pouted at her

 

 

"You eat too much. The time you spend eating can be used to solve a lot of crimes." Then she laughed at me.

 

 

I was about to answer when Lisa came back to the table. "Hey. What are you guys talking about?"

 

 

Jisoo and I looked at each other, communicating.

 

 

"The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Then we both snickered. Poor clueless Lisa.