Chapter 25: All That Lies Between You And Me

With or Without You

A/N: This is a special chapter dedicated to chaesoo since I didn't get a chance to write about their story.

Very short, filler chapter.

~~~~~~~~~

Jisoo's POV

"You're unbelievable," I looked at her from head to toe, trying hard to stop myself from smacking her.

What am I seeing right now?

Park Chaeyoung wearing vomit-soaked clothes and nowhere near ready for the party an hour from now.

 

10 minutes ago I was busy putting on my own make-up. I didn't think of hiring a stylist for tonight since I don't want anyone interfering with the way I look for prom.

I was in the middle of putting eyeshadow on when I heard our doorbell ring.

I ignored it at first, thinking that it was only children pranking. I'm the only one home right now and I'm not even expecting visitors.
 

But the doorbell rang again and again.
 

A small part of me panicked, thinking it was someone planning to abduct me or something.

So along my way downstairs, i took the baseball bat resting on the bottom shelf of my drawer.

 

As I opened the door, half of me was preparing to smack real hard just in case it was necessary. But to my surprise, it was just Chaeyoung. A drunk Chaeyoung.

 

Which brings us here right now.

 

Being the good friend I was, I let her inside and took care of her.
 

I got so occupied with it that I didn't notice it was already half past nine. The prom started 2 hours ago.

 

I scanned the face of the woman lying in my bed with my pajamas on.
 

It's been months since I realized the way I feel for her. And it has bothered me since then.
 

I have been denying it over and over again just to avoid my fear of getting hurt. But a smile from her was all it took to melt all my walls down.

 

I remember the day I opened up to Jennie and she told me something I couldn't get off my mind.
 

Flashback

"Chu, you've been acting like a couple for a long time. It would be a surprise if no one falls in love with the other. It was bound to happen. How did you not know that?"

"Hey, stop talking like you're an expert when it comes to admitting feelings. You can't even acknowledge your feelings towards Lisa."

 

"It's because I don't have feelings for Lisa. Stop trying to make Jenlisa happen, it's never gonna happen."
 

I patted her back, "Whatever you say, Jennie."
 

She rolled her eyes at me, "Besides, you and Chaeyoung are not like me and Lisa. Whatever that means for you," she did this movement of her hands that I didn't understand. "How do I put this? It's like you and Chaeyoung have always had something between you. Yes, you are friends. But there's this undeniable, more intimate connection between you two."
 

"Wow, I think you just described you and Lisa."
 

"Will you stop mentioning her," she said through gritted teeth. "I don't know what's stopping you from telling Chaeyoung how you feel for her."
 

"Jendeuk, you know she's aual right?"
 

"And you believe that? God, you keep telling me I'm dense but here you are conpletely oblivious with the way her eyes twinkle every time she looks at you."
 

I choked from the iced tea I was sipping.
 

"You're just seeing things, Jen."
 

"Maybe. My point is, you've got nothing to lose. If she feels the same way, then you've got yourself a girlfriend. If she doesn't, then she'd still be your friend. There's no harm in trying Chu."
 

End of Flashback

 

Since that day, I have been trying to find ways on how to tell Chaeyoung that I like her. More than a friend.
 

But every time I try to, keeps happening.
 

Like that one time we were eating lunch, I was about to tell her when she spilled her drink on herself, causing her to excuse herself to change. When she came back, the moment was gone.
 

And it's not the only time it happened. Last week we were stuck in traffic and I was about to take another chance and tell her.

But the moment I was about to, her sister called. And they talked for an entire hour.

 

After that, I never thought of it ever again. Call me delusional, but I think it's the universe's way of telling me it's not a good idea.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Will make it up to you guys on the next updates

 

twttr: @ot4_or_nothing