Chapter 2: Stalker

With or Without You

Jennie's POV

 

"I think she's intentionally pissing me off. I mean you should've seen the way she looks at me. She's got that mischievous sort of smile."

 

 

Jisoo stared at me intently, slightly smiling, while Rosé is barely listening to what I'm saying. I knew we should have ordered the nachos after I finished telling my story.

 

 

I've been ranting nonstop since we got here (which is half an hour ago) about what happened earlier. 

 

 

"I can't believe she had the nerve to do that to me! I'm the only one in the room she can approach if she needs anything. And I've been nice to her since she got here."

 

 


Jisoo laughed, "Okay Jen I don't think I understand what's happening here. You did tell her to just pick already. Why did you think she'd pick you?"

 


"I already told you I was the first person she knew. I thought that would give me some sort of advantage." 

 

 

She shook her head, "But why does it bother you this much? She's right, you are already the SC Governor. That's worth more than class president or what," she nudged Rosé's arm, "Help me out here."

 

 


Rosé, paying too much attention to her phone, completely ignored Jisoo. So Jisoo flicked her ear.

 


"Ow!" Rosé glared at Jisoo, "I'm searching this girl's profile. Apparently, she doesn't have social media accounts"

 

 

Really? I didn't know there was still someone who didn't have a single social media account. What's the purpose of her phone? Games?

 

 

"Where did she say she was from?"

 

"Thailand"

 


"OMG", Rosé exclaimed. A little too loud I guess because the customers from the other tables looked at us. She smiled apologetically before continuing, "I found this article that says she comes from a long line of famous celebrities from Thailand."

 

 

"Let me see that," Jisoo grabbed her phone, "It even says here that her grandparents were great friends of Queen Elizabeth."

 


I tried my best not to look like I'm remotely interested to what they're saying but I can't help wondering why Lisa chose to move here. 

 


"Okay girls stop that."

 


They both looked at me. "Jisoo, I think Jennie here has a soft spot for this new girl." Rosé said teasingly. She even grinned at me. Ugh.

 


"I'm just not comfortable prying into other people's lives--" 

 


"Oh really? Remember John Glenn from middle school?" Jisoo cut me short.

 


"--anymore. If you would just let me finish." I rolled my eyes at her. "I'm not that kind of person anymore."

 


They both stared at me, not knowing if I was serious or not. 

 

"Very well then," Rosé said, "let's talk about Jisoo's birthday!"

 


We got so hyped talking about the party preparations that it took us hours to plan it.

 


Rosé left first because of some personal business. So I decided to catch a ride with Jisoo since we live in the same neighborhood.

 

 

Other than that, she's also my cousin. We've been close eversince I can remember. I think even before we were conceived. Lol

 


Rosé came around 7th grade. Jisoo didn't like her at first because according to her, Rosé has this "off" kind of aura. Turns out, she's really nice. I got separated from them since 10th grade when our school implemented this new system where all the students of a year level will be ranked based on their general average and that's how the sections will be divided. The general average cut-off for our section is 95 and Jisoo only got 93.1 and Rosé only got 93.6

 

 

"Jen?"

 


I got too lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice we've already arrived.

 


I was about to say goodbye when she spoke again, "I'm putting you in charge of distributing invitations, okay?"

 

I nodded and smiled then said goodbye. It's the least I could do to help. Even though distributing the invitations is a bit hard because she'll be inviting every student from our year level. It's like a senior party. Jisoo has been like that since then. I think that's partly the reason why a lot of people like her. She throws great parties, she's very friendly, and she also has this amazing voice. 

 


Rosé on the other hand has a great sense of humor. They both have a lot in common. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why they like each other so much.


---


Next day


I arrived at school earlier than usual. My secretary left a lot of paperworks for me to do yesterday which I forgot to do because of how pissed I was with Lisa.

 

 

Speaking of, I put a lot of thought into it last night, and I decided to forget about what happened and give Lisa a chance to be my friend.

 


I already finished everything I have to do and it's only 6:58. I still have an hour left before classes start. I think I'll just take a nap in the classroom. 

 

 

I was about to enter the classroom when I saw Lisa's already there. Great, she's not tardy after all. I may have judged her too quickly yesterday. 

 

 

She's got her headphones on and is busy scribbling something on her notebook that she didn't notice me come in.

 

 

I tapped her shoulder once and her shock was evident because she squealed. She immediately apologized, "I'm sorry I didn't see you come here," she stretched out her right hand, "Good morning."

 

 

I returned the gesture, "Good morning. Aren't you a bit too early today?"

 


"I guess. I woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep so I thought I'd come to school really early and make up for being late yesterday. Well, almost late." She smiled sheepishly, "And hey, I've been meaning to tell you this but I don't know how to reach you. I'm really sorry about yesterday."

 

 

I smiled at her, "I should be the one saying sorry. You're the new kid. I should be the one understanding you."

 


We spent a few more minutes talking to each other. I explained some of the stuff here in school she didn't know yet.

 


"Wait, I just remembered something. Why don't you have any social media accounts?" I asked her.

 

 

She grinned at me widely, "How did you know?" 

 


Then the realization hit me, I should not have said that. 

 


"Were you stalking me?" Instead of sounding irritated (like any normal person would feel), she sounded amused.

 


"No I wasn't!" I said too quickly my voice sounded squeaky. 

 

She pinched my cheeks, "Aw you don't have to deny it sweetie." She said teasingly

 


Feeling really embarassed, I pinched her waist then turned around. I was about to walk out the room when she called me.

 


"Jennie" 

 


I turned around and tried my best to look angry, "What?"

 


"You're probably the cutest stalker ever." Then she did this gummy smile.

 

I just rolled my eyes at her and left the room. I have no idea why but I feel like my face is heating up. Must be because I'm mad.