Chapter 26: All In

With or Without You

Jennie's POV

"Lisa, I swear if I trip because of this stupid blindfold, I'm not talking to you for a week."

"Will you stop being so whiny?"
 

"Wow, you're one to talk," As I took a step forward, I missed a step, causing me to have a shin slam on the floor. ", can you please do your job properly and not let me hurt myself while walking?"

After saying that, I immediately felt her hands around my waist. That's more like it.

"Where are you even taking me?"

"The whole point of this blindfold thing would be useless if I'm gonna reveal the surprise."

It took a few more steps before we stopped. I felt her hands leave my waist and for a moment I thought she abandoned me. But then she spoke.

"Take it off now."

It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the room but when I did, I realized we were at her sanctuary.

I was facing the wall where she drew random sketches. Some finished, some weren't.

But I don't understand. What's the surprise here? I've already seen these things the first time I came here.

"What am I supposed to be looking at? Aren't these the same drawings from bef--" I turned around to face her but instead was greeted by a wall with a huge image of me.

I was in awe for a few seconds that I didn't notice that it wasn't really a big picture, but a mosaic.

I stepped closer and scanned the different pictures. It was all in black and white. It was mostly candid shots of me doing mundane stuff.

The pictures were all strategically placed in a way that it formed a larger picture of me. And it's breathtaking.

"You're making me cry again" I told her along with a light punch on her arm. In which she responded with a hug from the back.

"Do you like it?"

"Of course I do, idiot. I can't even find the words to express how amazing this is," I looked at the image at the wall once more, still astonished. "Seriously, how long did it take for you to make this?"

"About 3 weeks. You have no idea how many times I fell from the ladder putting those pictures up there," she pointed at the pictures located at the topmost part of the wall. I can't help laughing at her.

I turned around to face her then buried my face in the crook of her neck and inhaled her scent as best as I could, trying to make my mind remember it well.

"Thank you," I hugged her even tighter.

Truth be told, I have always had reservations before every time I start feeling something for someone. Like I'm always trying to hold myself back for my fear of getting hurt.
 

But with her, I'm willing to go all in.

I'm not even afraid of getting hurt anymore. Not because I don't believe she'll hurt me, but because even if she does, I know it will still be worth it.

She pulled back from the hug then gently wiped the tears that I didn't notice were already falling and planted a quick kiss on my lips.

"I'm sorry if I made you cry again, love." she said with a light chuckle. "But that's only half of my surprise for you."

She went over to the ping pong table and took the brown folder resting on top of it.

"You know how I spend most of my time here just coming up with random sketches and what not? Well last month, I noticed that most of the drawings, paintings, and pictures on the walls are mostly you. So I thought maybe you deserve a share of this place," she pulled out a piece of paper from the folder and handed it to me. "So I had someone fix some things for me and put your name as one of the owners of this building."

I scanned the document and had to repeatedly read the names, my name and Lisa's, written on it before it finally registered on my mind.

I was so shocked that I couldn't even say anything. So I hit her arm.
 

"Ow. What was that for? Don't you like it?" she said while caressing her arm.

"Why did you do this?"

"I just told you--"

"Don't you think it's a bit too premature for us to share a property?"

"I just--"

"I mean didn't you consider the possibility we might still break up one day? What's gonna happen to this if that happens?"

Before I could speak again, she covered my mouth with her hand.

"You're overthinking this, babe. And yes, you do have a point. We might still break up and I can't imagine how our setup is gonna be once that happens," she removed her hand from my mouth and held my hand. "But in my defense, I don't think I'll be able to forget you even if we don't end up together. This building is a symbol that you'll always have a place in my heart. And no one can take that away."

Once again, I'm speechless. Dating Lisa feels like I'm in a constant state of being lost for words.

I covered my face with my hands to try to hide my ugly crying. But it was no use since she kept taking it off.

"You really mean that?"

She took my hand and squeezed it three times then nodded, "I really do."

*****

Jisoo's POV

"You have to look extra fine tonight. Like extra extra," Jennie muttered while rummaging through my closet, trying to find a dress.

"I don't understand why I have to."

"Come on, she's finally gonna tell you she likes you. That's why."

"But are we even sure that's what she meant?"

I received a text from Chaeyoung 5 hours ago saying she wants to meet up with me because, and I quote her, "Something just hit me and I need to tell you right away but it has to be in person so meet me at the diner at 7pm"

The moment I showed this to Jennie, she couldn't stop jumping on my bed.

We debated for a little while, trying to decode the meaning of the message. But in the end, I can't help myself believing what Jennie said.
 

Maybe she's finally gonna tell me she likes me.

Just the thought of it makes me giddy. I feel like I wanna puke or something because of this weird sensation on my tummy. To think that by this time tomorrow, we might actually be together. Not as friends, but more than that.

I had to lock myself in the bathroom for a while to avoid Jennie from applying too much make up on my face. I think if it was possible, she'd hire a stylist for tonight just for this "diner date" (Jennie's words, not mine)

And since I didn't let her style my hair and face, she insisted on picking my clothes for me. So I was left with no choice but to wear the black dress and 7-inches stilletos she picked out.

"You could've just picked the silver pumps, jendeuk. I mean this is totally unnecessary. We'll be eating at a diner. A DINER."

"What, who said it's a crime to look fabulous in a diner?"

I walked over to my closet, attempting to search for a replacement outfit. One that does not look like I'm about to go to a photoshoot or something.

But before I got to open it, she went right in front and blocked it.

"No unnie. I just spent an entire hour picking that outfit and you can't just change it."

"Wow, are you this controlling to Lisa?" I said, shaking my head. In which I got a glare in return. "Seriously Jen, this is ridiculous. If you don't trust my choice of clothing then you just pick something different for me."

"Whyyyy?" she pouted at me.

"In case it's not obvious, I'm way too overdressed. I don't wanna look like I spent the last few hours overthinking about this date."

"She's gonna tell you she likes you. Will anything other than that even matter?"

I smiled at the thought. I can already see myself crying from so much joy when that happens.

"Probably not. But please just let me wear chucks instead. These things are killing me." I said as I removed the heels and threw them as far away from me as possible.

After a few more tries, she finally caved in and took out a plain white shirt matched with ripped jeans and black chucks.

I left as soon as I got changed and Jennie even gave me a hug before leaving and told me how happy she was for me.

I felt my heart pounding the moment I stepped inside the diner and found her sitting at the corner booth. The sound was so deafening that it was all I could hear as I walked closer to her.

She smiled so warm at me when I sat opposite her that it felt like the whole world stopped.

"Is it just me or something about you seems different tonight?" she asked.

"Maybe there is."

"Oooh. You look happier than usual. What is it?"

"Take a guess."

Without a second thought, she responded, "In love?"

I shrugged, "I think you're the one who's supposed to say something "important" tonight." I even made air quotes.

She tried concealing a smile as I said those but failed.

"Well I don't know how to tell you this..." she tucked a loose hair strand behind her ear while looking down. "I know it's surprising and there's a huge chance you might not believe me, but I think I'm in love with someone. It's been going on for a while now."

My heart began pounding again but this time it was louder, as if it was gonna come right out of my chest.

I leaned my elbows at the table and tried to look her in the eyes.

"Really now? With who?"

"With Kiana. Do you remember her?"

As the words escaped , I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. What was once pounding so hard has now stopped and is replaced with an unsettling stillness. It literally feels like it stopped beating.

I didn't pay attention to the tears forming in my eyes and attempting to fall down. I wanted to get out of this place so bad, but I can't.

So I pulled off the brightest smile I could, hoping it would look convincing and not at all fake.

"Are you okay Chu? It looks like you're about to cry," she said with a worried expression.

With all my remaining strength, I stood up and hugged her. "I'm just so happy for you. But listen, I have someplace else to be right now."

I turned around and walked quickly as I could, not even looking back to see her reaction. I'm just gonna have to deal with her questions some other time.

Right now I need to find a way to get my heart to start beating again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Again, sorry if the update's crappy.

P.S thanks a lot to that person who sent me a dm recently. Made me very happy :)

twttr: ot4_or_nothing