Chapter 24: Pinky Swear

With or Without You



 

"I think you should tell them."





 

"No, I think you should."





 

"You've been friends with them longer and Jisoo's your cousin."





 

"I can't believe you're using that against me. I hate you."




 

Lisa laughed at Jennie, "No you don't. You just told me the other night that you love me."





 

"Really? I don't remember anything..."







 

Completely ignoring Jennie's attempt to piss her off, Lisa held the other's hand and offered a suggestion. "Why don't we just say it at the same time?"




 

Jennie looked at their intertwined fingers and smiled. It felt surreal. She never thought it was possible to be as happy as she is at the moment.




 

With a simple nod, they both entered the door separating the living room to the dining area.




 

Jisoo was busy playing with her phone while Rosé was nowhere to be found.





 

Without looking up from her phone, Jisoo spoke, "About time you two got here. What took you so long?"




 

"SOMEONE took too long to get dressed," Lisa said with an emphasis on the first word.



 

Jennie rolled her eyes at Lisa then turned to Jisoo, "Where's Chaeng? I-- we kinda have something to tell you guys."





 

As if on cue, Rosé came ranning from the kitchen carrying a frying pan while muttering, "Hot hot hot hot"





 

She set the pan down on the table then turned to the two girls standing in front of her.




 

"Oh hey guys, you're just in time. Look," she pointed at the pan, "I have finally been able to make kimchi fried rice."






 

"But is it edible?" Jisoo said in a mocking tone.





 

"Of course it is," Rosé sneered at the older girl, "I might have had to try over and over again but now I'm sure it's great. In fact, it might be better than Jennie's."




 

The three girls all laughed in chorus.




 

"What? You don't think it's possible I could cook better than Jennie? That hurts guys. That hur--WHY ARE YOU GUYS HOLDING HANDS?"




 

Jennie and Lisa almost forgot about the news they were about to tell the others.




 

Lisa felt Jennie's grip getting tighter meaning she's tensed so she squeezed the other's hand three times. This seemed to have calmed Jennie down.




 

Lisa cleared before speaking, "You might want to sit down first Chaeng before we say what we're about to say," Rosé obliged. "Jennie and I... we're umm... well we're kinda--"




 

"We're dating," Jennie sufficed.




 

"OH MAN" Rosé said in the most disappointed tone, earning a confused expression from the two.





 

Jisoo held out her hand without looking up from her phone, "Pay up, missy."





 

"I swear it's like you already know it was gonna happen," Rosé said while reluctantly pulling out money from her wallet and handing it to Jisoo.













 

"EHEM"









 

Both of them looked at Jennie who was now raising an eyebrow with her arms crossed, "What is the meaning of this?"






 

"Well Jisoo unnie and I made a bet two weeks ago..."





 

"And?"




 

"She said you two are gonna start dating before the school year ends. But I said no you won't because you're dense. Like capital D-E-N-S-E."







 

Lisa choked back a laughter, earning a step on the foot from Jennie.





 

"Wait, howcome you're not surprised?" Lisa asked Jisoo.





 

The older girl just shrugged, "I heard you two talking behind the door earlier. Seriously guys, if you're trying to keep your relationship a secret, you can't just go around yelling who loves who."





 

Before a new round of bickering starts, Rosé went over and hugged the couple.





 

"I'm so happy for you guys. It feels like only yesterday when Jennie couldn't stop talking about Lisa because of the classroom election and now look at you two," Rosé even looked like she was about to cry. "So how did it happen?"




 

After the couple recounted the story (complete with gestures and actions), Rosé couldn't help but tear up. Even Jisoo stopped playing and listened intently.





 

"Th-that's the most beautiful thing I have ever heard... I just..." Rosé leaned onto Jisoo's shoulder and broke into tears.



 

"You're getting snot all over my shirt, Chaeng." Jisoo said, trying hard to not come out as disgusted.



 

"You just had to ruin the moment didn't you?" Rosé squinted at the older girl.




 

***********



 

1 month later...



 

"Jennie, love, may I ask what's with the blindfold?"





 

"You can ask but I'm not obligated to answer."




 

Even with her eyes shut, Lisa managed to roll her eyes at her girlfriend.




 

A huge part of her is annoyed that Jennie woke her up at 5am(!!!) and dragged her out of bed. Literally.





 

They're now on their way to God knows where and she's been blindfolded so she can't even see anything.




 

"If you don't tell me where we're going, I'm taking this off," she threatened.




 

"Don't be such a killjoy. I worked hard for this surprise so please don't ruin it." She can't see Jennie's face right now but she's pretty sure she's pouting.





 

Lisa felt Jennie lean on her shoulder while cuddling her arm.



 

Is it a natural characteristic of a girlfriend to be irresistible? Lisa thought to herself. It's been a month yet she's still not used to the idea of her being with Jennie.




 

In order to not upset her girl, Lisa opt to drop the subject and rested her head on top of Jennie's.




 

Why does it even matter to her where Jennie's planning to take her? Heck, she's sure she'd follow her everywhere.




 

---

 

"OF ALL PLACES JENNIE KIM, OF ALL PLACES." Lisa could already feel her gut twisting.





 

Jennie smiled back at her so wide as if she's enjoying what she's seeing.





 

"Come on, you have to get over that fear of yours."





 

"I HAVE MANY FEARS. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS ONE"





 

Where did Jennie take her?








































 

To an amusement park







 

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS MANOBAN. I KNOW YOU'VE BEEN AFRAID OF AMUSEMENT PARKS SINCE YOU GOT LOST IN ONE WHEN YOU WERE A KID BUT IT'S TIME TO GET OVER IT."





 

"NUH UH. I AIN'T STEPPING ONE FOOT INSIDE THAT HELLHOLE."





 

Lisa was about to turn around when Jennie caught her wrist and handcuffed it with hers.





 

"WHAT THE ACTUAL . WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET THAT?"




 

"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS"





 

"TAKE THIS OFF"




 

"NO"




 

"WHERE'S THE KEY?"




 

"IT'S IN MY BRA SO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO UNLOCK THIS THEN YOU'D HAVE TO GET IT"





 

Both of them shut up after Jennie said that. Not only because Lisa turned a deep shade of pink, but mostly because the people around were looking at them.




 

Lisa hastily followed Jennie inside the amusement park. They just walked and walked until Jennie found the first ride she wants.




 

"NO"



 

"I have a strong feeling that's the only answer I'll be getting from you for the entire day," she said while almost dragging Lisa towards the entrance of the ride.




 

Lisa wouldn't say it out loud, but she enjoyed the rollercoaster. Even though she had to endure Jennie's eardrum-shattering shriek.




 

"Since you've been a good girl, I'm gonna let you choose the next ride," Jennie offered.




 

"I wanna ride on a bus and get out of this place."





 

Jennie squinted at her, "Wrong answer. You lost your chance."




 

To annoy her girlfriend even more, Jennie took Lisa to the most gut-wrenching rides. Each one worse than the one before.




 

But unfortunately, the younger girl seemed unfazed. In fact, she was the one feeling sick.





 

"Aww, looks like someone's about to throw up," Lisa teased, earning a pinch on the arm from Jennie.





 

Due to Jennie's current state, they both decided to rest for a while.




 

"We haven't eaten anything yet. What do you want?" Lisa asked.





 

The moment Jennie saw the food stalls, her nausea immediately vanished.




 

"I want pizza, corndog, cotton candy, and a sundae."




 

"Copy that. But aren't you forgetting something?"


 

"What?"



 

"Ehem," Lisa raised both their hands and pointed to the handcuffs with her lips.




 

"Wait. How do I know you're not gonna run away?"




 

"You really think I can leave you in this place all alone?"




 

"Mayb--" Lisa glared at her. "Fine. Promise me."




 

"I promise I'll come back." Lisa said with utmost sincerity while looking into Jennie's eyes.




 

Jennie sighed, "Okay turn around. I have to get the key."




 

"Why can't I look? I mean you are my girlfriend," Lisa teased.




 

"Turn around or else I'll change my mind."




 

"Yes ma'am," and with that, Lisa turned around.


 

---


 

"Oh man I feel like I ate a week's worth of food."




 

"How can you not feel that way when you're the one who ate almost all the food?" Jennie slapped Lisa's arm with the retort. "Come on stand up. You need to walk that off," she said as she pulled the other girl up.




 

They've been handcuffed for almost 6 hours now and they have gotten used to people's weird looks.





 

They have gotten to a different part of the amusement park and Lisa was startled when she heard Jennie squeal. She looked towards the direction the other girl is focused at and saw a set of stuffed toys bundled up.





 

"U...ni...corn" It feels like a scene from a cartoon where the person's eyes turn into a heart. Yup, that's what Lisa definitely sees.





 

Without saying a word, Lisa walked towards the aisle filled with booths of different games, barely noticing she was dragging her girlfriend along.




 

"H-hey Lisa. Where are you going?"




 

"You want the unicorn right?" She set down a couple of bills that made the caretaker of the game eye her incredulously.




 

"Ya," Jennie pulled Lisa around to face her, "You're gonna spend this much on a game?"




 

Lisa looked at Jennie with a warm smile on her face. She can't believe the older girl still doesn't fully comprehend the things she would do for her.




 

"I'd spend every penny I have if that's what takes to make you happy."




 

Lisa said the words so casually that Jennie found herself blushing profusely.



 

Without waiting for any response from the girl, Lisa proceeded to play the game. Turns out, she didn't need to spend that much to win the stuffed animal since she was surprisingly good at the game.





 

The couple enjoyed roaming around so much that they didn't even notice it was getting dark.





 

"The sun's about to set. Maybe you could take these off now?" Lisa gestured to the handcuffs.





 

"And you're not gonna run away?"




 

"I just spent the entire day on this place with you. The chances of me running away have been long gone."





 

"Fine then."



 

Lisa was waiting for Jennie's command for her to turn around so she could obtain the key from her bra. But to her surprise, the older girl pulled the key from her pocket.





 

"THAT HAS BEEN THERE ALL ALONG?"





 

Jennie only flashed her gummy smile as an aswer.





 

"You know, someday I will be able to outsmart you."




 

"Okay. I hope there's enough patience in the world so I won't get weary waiting for that time to come."





 

Lisa has received Jennie's backlash too many times that she is now used to it. She didn't even bother reacting to the older girl's attempt to piss her off.




 

After a few more moments, both of them began feeling tired so they decided on one last ride before leaving.




 

"Lisa, you know I'm afraid of heights," Jennie pouted. "Please just choose another one."




 

"No. Compromise."



 

Jennie felt the word like a slap to her face. Lisa's right, she needs to learn how to compromise. The younger girl spent the entire day being dragged by her to places she doesn't even want to go to. Maybe she should do the same.




 

They entered the ferris wheel with Jennie tightly gripping Lisa's hand. In return, she squeezed Jennie's hand three times and the older girl seemed to have calmed down.




 

"Jennie, sweetie, if you're not gonna open your eyes, you won't see the view from the top."




 

"My primary goal right now is to not pass out so I think I'll pass."





 

"Pleeeease. For me?"





 

"HEY THAT'S MY LINE"




 

Jennie opened her eyes too quickly she didn't even think it through. Once she caught sight of the view, she couldn't find it to herself to close her eyes again.




 

"Pretty amazing isn't it?" Lisa said with a triumphant smile.




 

Jennie was in so much awe that she can't seem to think of anything else.




 

"Never in my life have I ever wanted to ride the ferris wheel because I was afraid of falling. But now it feels like I don't ever wanna leave this place."




 

Lisa chuckled, "We have to leave at some time babe." This made Jennie frown so Lisa immediately thought of an idea. She held both Jennie's hands and looked her in the eyes, "Tell you what, I'm gonna find the highest or tallest ferris wheel in the world and I'm gonna take you there."





 

Jennie smiled at the thought. Not only about getting to ride the tallest ferris wheel, but mostly because of the idea that Lisa can see herself spending her future with her.




 

"You promise?" Jennie held out her pinky.





 

"I promise." And they pinky swore on it.




 

They didn't need to talk to fill the silence for it was a comfortable one. They just sat there, hands intertwined with each other, savoring the moment.





 

A few minutes had passed and they were now at the peak of the ferris wheel.




 

"I have to tell you something," Jennie turned to face Lisa, her expression slightly anxious.





 

"What is it?"





 

"It's about--"





 

Before Jennie could finish what she was saying, the ferris wheel suddenly moved, causing the cart they were in to shake.




 

"Are you okay?" Lisa checked Jennie's head which seemed to have bumped on the railing.




 

"Slightly dazed but nonetheless fine. Are we going down now?"




 

"Probably. What is it you were about to say?"




 

"I... I umm..." The moment has passed and Jennie couldn't find the words now. "I just want to thank you for today," she lied.




 

Lisa laughed, "Even though I was a pain in the for the entire day?"




 

Jennie sighed at her lost chance to open up her secret to Lisa. Maybe some other time.



 

"You're a pain in the everyday, Manoban." Lisa laughed.






 

Every time she looks into Lisa's eyes, the thought of having to leave her soon becomes more and more unbearable.


 

 

She gently caressed the younger girl's cheek with her finger, "You're the pain in my ."


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating in a very long time peeps. I have suffered a terrible writer's block so I couldn't think of anything good to write after the revelation from the last chapter.

Sorry if the update is a little crappy. Will make a better one soon.

I'm plugging my twitter so if y'all wanna ask anything, hit me up @ot4_or_nothing