Chapter 4: The More You Hate, The More You Love

With or Without You


Lisa's POV

"Unbelievable." 

I'm at the office of the photography club right now. After putting a lot of thought to this during the weekend, I decided to sign up. Plus, Jennie won't stop bugging me about it.

In fact, she's with me right now. She thinks it will give me an edge if she'll be the one recommending me. 

Yoo Jin, the president of the club, turned to Jennie, "I know you've been telling me all about this friend of yours and how good she is but I didn't expect she's THIS good."

Jennie texted him yesterday saying she wants to recommend her friend and Yoo Jin told her to come with me today and bring some of my sample shots. And that was his reaction after seeing it.


Jennie gave him a smile, "So I'm hoping there's definitely a spot for her in your club?"

"Of course." He then turned to my direction, "Welcome to the club Miss Manoban."

---

"See, what did I tell you?" Jennie said while smiling from ear to ear. "I told you they would be stupid if they don't let you in."


We just got out of the office and Jennie can't contain her excitement for another 5 seconds for us to get out of earshot. I'm pretty sure she said that loud enough for people within 10 meters to hear her.


"Say that again but louder. I don't think the students from the other building heard you yet," I told her sarcastically. In which she responded with a peace sign and her gummy smile. "Kidding aside, I really appreciate your help. I probably wouldn't have gotten in if it weren't for your help."


She pinched my arm, "That's nonsense. You're talented and you would've gotten in even without my help."


Defeated, I sighed. "But really, thank you for your help." Then I pulled her in for a hug.

 

After pulling away, she messed up my bangs. Why does she like doing that :/ 

 

 

 

By the time we got to the classroom, Mrs. Chan was about to announce something. She motioned us to go to our seats before starting.

 

"The annual Regional Leadership Training will be held this weekend. All of the student council officers and presidents of each class are required to attend. All schools from our region will be participating and since our school is expecting good results, academic incentives will be rewarded to the participants and each will be given a certificate of participation other than the awards if ever you'll get one. Members of the herald and photography club are also required to join. Miss Kim," she pointed to Jennie, "please get the waivers from the principal's office later and distribute them to the participants."

 

After the announcement, Mrs. Chan left us with a seatwork.


I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Pst."

I turned to face Jennie and saw her grinning, "What?"


"You're now a member of the photography club so you get to go too."

I creased my forehead a little, "Yeah I knew that. So what?"

"WE CAN BE ROOMIES" She said excitedly and slightly irritated.


I laughed, "Oh. How about Jisoo and Rosé? I thought Rosé is the president of the glee club and Jisoo is the president of the theater club?"


"Yeah but they'll definitely be the one sharing a room. I always get left behind when I'm with those two during trainings like these." 

 

Now that she mentioned it, Jisoo and Rosè does seem a lot closer than Jennie with any one of them. Maybe because they've been super classmates/bestfriends ever since?


"Ooooh Jennie Kim wants to sleep with me :>" I . "I hope we can get only one huge bed so we can sleep on the same bed together."

 


"THAT'S. NOT. WHAT. I MEANT." She said, hitting my arm in between each word.

I laughed so hard tears were starting to fill my eyes. She really is the cutest.


----

Jisoo's POV

"...then she said maybe we could share a bed together! Ughh the nerve of that girl."

 

Yup, that's Jennie ranting about Lisa again. She wanted to sleep here in my house for tonight and from the moment she stepped inside, she won't stop rambling about Lisa. AGAIN.


I texted Rosé if she wanted to sleepover as well but she declined. She probably knew what was gonna happen. 


I shook Jennie's shoulders, "What is the matter with you? She's obviously flirting with you. Why can't you take a hint?"

 


She spit out the iced tea she was drinking. Sheesh, what a lousy visitor. I'm gonna have to clean the carpet again tomorrow.

"Can you not say nonsense things while I'm drinking? You know I easily choke on stuff."

 

She really can't see it, can't she? Well, I might as well play along. Let's see how long it will take her to realize it for herself. Poor Lisa.


"Hey Jen?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"The more you hate, the more you love."