61: Movie Night

YG Auditions

 

I was a bit disoriented from having just woken up and the fact that I was ensconced in Jiyong's surprisingly strong arms, that it took me awhile to get my bearings straight and to ask Jiyong what he was doing. I raised my head from his shoulder and pressed a hand to his chest to prevent him from taking another step with me in his arms. "Oppa?" I squinted at him, blinking the sleep from my eyes. "Why are you carrying me?" Without faltering in his steps, Jiyong looked down on me in slight surprise. "Oh you're awake. Did I wake you up?" I blinked at him stupidly before stammering out a reply. "I - uh, I guess. Uhm what - why are you carrying me?" And in my flustered state at being carried, I tried to squirm away from him so he'd put me down. "Oppa! Put me down already. I'm awake..... I think." I cried out to him, slapping his chest lightly with my hand but Jiyong won't listen to me. In fact he hoisted me higher so that he could get a better grip as he walked towards the door. "You can put me down now. I can walk you know." I told him pointedly but to no effect seeing as the only response Jiyong gave me was a request for me to put my arm around him so that he could carry my weight evenly and for me to open the door. "You can't be serious." I told him with a frown, completely aware of the uncomfortable heat emanating from my ears, which were clearly turning red in my embarrassment. We came to a stop in front of his door as Jiyong waited for me to open it just as he asked. "We can't go out like this! Put me down now Oppa."

"Humor me." Jiyong said to me firmly, his tone slightly self - depricating. "I come in here to invite you back to your place and what do I see? You sprawled all over my couch, dead to the world. And of course, you wouldn't wake up when I call out your name or shake your shoulder but when I finally decide to move you to your bed by carrying you, that's when you decide to wake up." He sighed dramatically at me but gave a lopsided smile to assure me that he doesn't mind since I am positive that I look every bit as apologetic as I feel. "At least humor me and open the door so that my niceness won't be for nothing." I pursed my lips at this and nodded to show my willingness to go along with what he wanted to. My right arm was about to reach out for the doorknob but Jiyong stopped me for a minute as he adjusted our positions once more with a huff. "Norah put your other arm around me. You might topple over if you don't." He warned me, which I hesitated slightly on obeying since, come on, this is Kwon Jiyong and he’s CARRYING ME.

CARRYING ME.

Bridal style.

Putting my arm around him would just be like the ing cherry on top of the fangirl fantasy cake that I’m eating (hypothetically).

When my left arm was finally around Jiyong, I reached out once more for the doorknob and was successful in opening it. I pulled the door open while Jiyong stepped sideways so we can fit inside the doorway. "Wait!" I cried with a squeeze of his shoulder in sudden realization. "The door! Just let me...." I bit the corner of my lip in concentration as I extended a socked foot and grasped the edge of the doorknob to shut the door close. "Norah Spencer Hidden Talent #1! I can open and close a door using my foot." I announced proudly to Jiyong as he pushed his way against my (already) open door, waggling the toes of my foot in the process. "It's not a talent. It's called laziness." Jiyong retorted, as he kicked my door closed, making me grip his shoulder tighter so I won't topple over from his grasp. "I'll pretend that I didn't notice how jealous you sounded just then." I said to him, smirking despite the disgruntled look he gave me. However, the smirk on my face disappeared when I took note of the sly gleam in his eyes as he entered my apartment completely with me still held in his arms. It was far too late when I realized what he wanted to do and I was already launched up in the air to land unceremoniously on my couch before I can form the words, "Don't you dare!"

Jiyong leaned against the backrest of my couch, smiling smugly at the half astonished, half annoyed expression on my face. "I still call it lazy." He said while I glared up at him, pushing back my hair away from my face as I sat up straight. I opened my mouth to retort but the scent I accidentally took a whiff of, distracted me from arguing about the authenticity of my secret talent. "Wait. So you did cook?" I asked him in disbelief as I tried to identify the scent wafting through my kitchen. "Of course I did." Jiyong said looking put out at my tone of surprise as I asked him this question. "What? You thought I bought you food, then took credit for it?" I inched away from the incredulous Big Bang leader and stood up from my seat so I can head to the kitchen to see what he cooked for us. This way I can refrain from answering his question since let's be honest, I am completely justified in assuming that Jiyong can't cook since most of what he eats consists of take aways, home cooked meals from his mother, instant noodles and the every now and then fancy meals from fine dining restaurants. The most I've seen him cook is when he made Japagguri for a late night snack. Before I can step anywhere near my kitchen though, Jiyong blocked me from entering with a pensive expression on his face, "Hmm, why is that I feel like eating alone?" I gaped at him and said in an accusing tone, “I thought that this was for me!” I made another step towards the kitchen but he followed my movements to block me. Jiyong raised an eyebrow at this and I responded by pursing my lips at him tightly and avoiding eye contact with him. We stood in front of each other for awhile, waiting to see who’s going to give in first but the delicious smell wafting through the kitchen and my grumbling stomach made me finally relent. “Oppa, can I please, please taste the delicious smelling… AND obviously tasting food you worked so hard to cook for us?” I told him in the sweetest voice I could muster accompanied by a toothy grin. Jiyong snorted at my poor attempt to sway him and instead of granting me access to MY OWN kitchen, he grabbed my shoulders to turn me around. “Sure.” The smile that I was sporting quickly morphed into a scowl as he continued what he had to say. “But first, take a shower. I don’t eat with people who smells like they haven’t taken a shower since birth.” I threw him an insulted look over my shoulder as he ushered me to my room. “Excuse me, but I do not comment on how YOU smell after you work out. I don’t even point out that you look like a drowned frog when you swim!” The accusing tone in my voice wasn’t lost on Jiyong but he just simply shrugged off my comments and pushed me further inside my room until I was in front of my closet. When Jiyong let go of my shoulders, I turned around to face him and shot him my dirtiest look. “Just be thankful that you’re feeding mes today or else I would kick your for making a comment on how I smell which by the way is a total lie.”

But this (rather empty) threat directed at Jiyong was lost on him as he sauntered out of my room, stating over his shoulder a placating, “Sure, whatever you say.” before I could even finish my threat to him. I stared at the door Jiyong close behind hime indignantly before huffing to myself and turning to face my closet once more. However, before I could rifle through my clothes, I had a nagging feeling at the back of my head that I was forgetting something due to all the things that's been happening.

With a sudden start, I remembered that I promised Sehun that I'd call him as soon as I got home. I patted my pockets to look for my phone and even checked the pockets of Jiyong's cardigan that I just shrugged off, but it wasn't there. Glancing around my room, I couldn't spot any signs of my iPhone so I left my bedroom to check the couch. "Oppa, have you seen my phone..." My voice died down as I caught sight of Jiyong hastily covering a plate in front of him with a dish rag, looking a bit rattled at my sudden appearance. "Weren't you supposed to take a shower?" He asked me in slight irritation as he moved the plate away from my sight. A smile slowly crept up my face and I approached him to take a peek at the plate he was hiding from my sight. "I was, but I needed to use my phone. It wasn't with me so I thought I left it here." He took a step back from me, shielding the plate from my line of sight, as I neared him. Jiyong glanced at the couch and spotted my phone, directing me towards it with a point of his finger. "There's your phone! You must've dropped it awhile ago. Now carry on, you still need to shower. I can smell you from here." Jiyong said, with a smug expression gracing his face when he caught a glimpse of the scowl on my face. I snatched my phone from the couch, eyeing the dish rag covering the plate Jiyong was trying to hide from me. "Is that even hygienic?" I questioned him dubiously with a wrinkle of my nose. "It's clean." Jiyong replied to me in assurance but I was still unconvinced and just pointed out that the dish he was holding was his to eat, whatever it is. "What's the point of hiding it? I'm bound to eat it anyway and you know I hate surprises." I muttered to him with a pout when Jiyong still refused to put down the plate on the coffee table. "That's the ing point." Jiyong smirked at me as he set down the plate before giving another nod to the phone in my hand. "I'm doing this cause you hate it. Aren't you supposed to do something?" I debated with myself if I should make that call to Sehun or wait for Jiyong to disappear back into the kitchen so I can sneak a glance at the plate he just set down. Apparently Jiyong caught on to my internal debate which made him frown at me in disapproval and say in a warning voice, "Norah...If you so much as sniff that plate and spoil my surprise... I WILL eat the tub of cookies and cream ice cream by myself in front of you and no matter what you do or say I will finish it until the last drop." I huffed in defeat and rolled my eyes at him with a curt, "Fine." thrown over my shoulder as I marched back to my room. Damn ice cream. If you weren't so damn good I would have been able to shrug off Jiyong Oppa's threat. But despite this slight frustration, I can't help but squeel at the thought that there's ice cream later and it's my favorite flavor to boot! I shook myself from any more thoughts of ice cream (and how I'll explain to Ssabu - nim tomorrow the increase in weight) as I remembered that I had a call to do. After searching through my contacts I called Sehun just as I promised him.

After several rings without Sehun answering his phone, I tried again, wedging the phone between my shoulder and ear so I can rifle through my closet to look for clean clothes. When Sehun still hasn't answered my call, I figured that he might be busy with dance practice. With that in mind, I opened our message feed on Kakao and sent him a video message instead to show Sehun that I got home safely. After the video got sent, I tossed my phone to the bed and took a peek outside to see if Jiyong was in my living room or the kitchen to try my luck at finding out his suprise. Unfortunately for me, my manager was not in the kitchen but in my living room, lounging on the sofa as he scrolled through something in his phone, most likely Instagram or Twitter. "You done yet?" Jiyong asked me, giving me a brief glance before resuming what he was doing. "Uh no. Just give me a couple of minutes." I told him sheepishly as I closed my door and hurriedly walked towards my bathroom.

Normally, I can complete my shower in less than fifteen minutes but for some reason today I feel like I'm taking far too long inside my shower. After I'm done, I put on my clothes in record time and stepped out of the bathroom with my wet hair cascading down my back. "Done." I informed Jiyong while I toweled my hair dry. He looked up from his phone and stared at me for a bit, making me feel slightly self - conscious at what I'm wearing. I bet I look like a hobo with my large ratty old P.E. shirt, boxer shorts and mussed up hair. I cleared my throat as I approached him and slung across my shoulders the towel I used to dry my hair. "Can I see it now?" I asked him when Jiyong still hasn't spoken a word since I entered my living room and sat on the couch next to him. He blinked at me to shake himself out of the daze he was in and said, "Sorry. Got lost in thought. What did you say?"

"Can I see it now?" I asked him pointedly, eyeing the covered plate in front of us excitedly. Without waiting for Jiyong's reply, my arm already shot out towards the plate in front of me to pull it away from what he hid underneath it. My eyes widened when I finally laid eyes on the dish that Jiyong stubbornly hid from me. "Is that... Carbonara?" I asked him hesitantly, not wanting to believe that Jiyong really DID cook my favorite food in the entire world. "Uh..... no. It's your favorite. Truffle Cream Pasta." He replied to me, looking slightly worried at my reaction. "Or is it Carbonara?" I stared at him blankly before what he said dawned on me completely. "What? Oh! No! You're right. This IS my favorite. I'm just really.... how did you know it was my favorite?" I looked at Jiyong curiously as he leaned towards the table to grab the bottle of wine he bought for tonight. "You mentioned it before and I just remembered. I figured, cooking you your favorite dish would be enough to make up for all the meals you cooked for us." He filled a wine glass halfway through before offering it to me and poured another one for himself. "I can't believe you remembered that." I muttered to him, still astonished at his surprise. "I don't even remember mentioning it." He simply shrugged off my statement, trying to appear modest but the smile I caught as he took a sip of wine showed me that he was really pleased with himself at surprising me. Jiyong set down his wine and grabbed a fork as he insisted that I taste the dish he prepared for me. I grabbed the fork from him and forked a mouthful of pasta, eager to see if he was able to really copy my favorite dish back at home. "This is really good." I told him after swallowing thickly the mouthful of pasta I just ate. "It's a bit cheesier than the one back at home but to be honest -" I flashed Jiyong a smile as I dug my fork for another bite. "I've always liked it that way. I'd usually request for additional parmesan whenever I'd buy this dish." Jiyong eyed me in amusement as I continued on devouring the plate in front of me. "I thought that i went overboard with the truffle oil so I added more parmesan cheese cause I thought that it would lessen the flavor from the oil."

"I noticed. There's like clumps of parmesan cheese here like some hidden treasure buried in all the cream and pasta." I told him, raising a fork with clumps of cheese to prove a point before shoving it in my mouth. However my binge eating was disrupted and I let out an unhappy hum in protest when Jiyong took the plate and fork away from me as he said, "I know you liked it and all but you might want to slow down on the eating cause there's more to the surprise." I stopped my attempts to retrieve back my plate and faced him, eyes wide in surprise. "There's more?" I questioned him in disbelief. "You didn't have to get me anything. This is more than enough Oppa." He snorted at this and replied drily, "I didn't buy anything for you. Don't you think the wine's enough for that? That's no ordinary wine, you know." He raised an eyebrow at me which I scowled at. "Not my fault. You threw out MY perfectly adequate wine." I muttered at him darkly but he won't hear any of it and just took another sip of the supposed expensive wine. "If you'd just let me finish I was going to say that I'm revoking my veto card for tonight on anything you want to watch. Just! Go easy on me." He added hastily when he saw the look of excitement that passed through my features.

The veto card Jiyong was talking about started a year ago when we both realized that we sort of watch a film together once a week either at his place or mine. Usually it's the result of our boredom but eventually it became our thing with the both of us looking up for new films that neither of us have seen yet but thought would be interesting to watch. Eventually when this became a weekly thing, Jiyong and I formed only two rules. He made a veto card which gives him a choice to turn down one film of my choice for the evening and a no horror movies card from me which basically means we can't watch ANY horror films EVER.

"So I can unleash all my fangirliness on you in full force?" I asked him in a teasing tone, knowing full well that my manager can only take so much of my fangirling. "Just have mercy on me. I'm still scarred from when you made me watch the Womb. That's the last time I am ever going to take your word on a film's credentials." But this plea was already lost on me because I was already going over in my head the possible film choices for the evening. I wasn't really planning on choosing a film that Jiyong might not like since he's been so nice to me this evening but of course I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to make him squirm if that's possible. After deliberating over my film choices, I got up from my seat to fetch my hard drive before sitting back down in front of him. "Ok. I thought about this carefully and take note, I'm being nice about this golden opportunity." Jiyong rolled my eyes at me which I ignored being the good person that I am and continued on. "We're going to watch three films tonight that have different genres. About Time for Romance and Family; Star Trek Into Darkness for Sci - Fi and Action ("More like for Norah." Jiyong retorted to me.); and finally, Let Me Explain for Comedy which can be changed to two episodes of Key and Peele if it's not funny enough. Is that good?" He mused over my choices for a bit before giving me a nod in agreement. My smile couldn't help but widen at this and I hastily clambered to my feet to connect my hard drive to the telly. I heard from behind me, Jiyong standing up from his seat to walk towards my kitchen. "Friday's Potato Skins, popcorn or Cheetos?" He called out to me as he opened my pantry, in search of the said food. "Didn't you say that you bought some cheese dip from (insert Cheese store here)? Didn't you buy any melba toast?" I replied, standing up from my crouched position to return to my seat. "I did but I know that that won't last long between the two of us. So, Friday's Potato Skins, popcorn or Cheetos?"

"Friday's please." I replied to him as I busied myself searching for About Time in my hard drive. "Ssabu - nim will flip out once he sees how much weight I gained." I added in amusement when Jiyong returned carrying a plate filled with melba toast and cheese dip with a huge bag of Friday's Baked Potato Skins tucked under his arm. "You'll be fine." He assured me in a flippant tone as ge set down the rest of the food he brought with him. "Just do a couple of hours on the treadmill or on the bike, you'd have sweated it off by then. Did you find it already?" I popped a melba toast I just dipped to my mouth and nodded in confirmation before I pressed the play button on the remote to start the movie.

"Ugh I love this film." I groaned to him in satisfaction as Domhnall Gleeson's narration began to introduce us to the rest of his family and the New Year's party that changed his life forever. "How many times have you seen this again?" Jiyong questioned me in bemusement, taking a forkful of pasta to his mouth before downing it in rosé wine. "Dunno." I shrugged at him. "Probably more than ten times already." We were riveted to the film by then, eating our fill from the food Jiyong cooked and bought for us. We would only talk every now and then to point out something in the film or when we would react to something that happened to Tim and his family.

"That chick that he likes so much looks like Kate Upton."

"Are you blind? She doesn't! She looks completely different from Kate Upton."

"I bet you'd love that."

"What? Domhnall Gleeson doing everything in his power just to date me? Who wouldn't??"

"Not that! I meant reading as a living."

"Oh. Duh. Just as long as they count fanfiction as part of my work too."

"Did you know that Tim's Dad is Scrimgeor in Harry Potter and Tim is Bill Weasley?"

"Yes. You told me that around five times already."

"Oh."

"Ellie Goulding has a version of this song right?"

"Hmm. But I like this one better. For some reason I never liked her music."

By the time we reached the part of the film where Tim finds out about his Dad's illness, my head was resting on a pillow I lodged between my neck and the couch's back rest with my feet tucked underneath me. Our food by then was also diminished to half of the bag of crisps, a few pieces of melba toast, half of Jiyong's pasta and at least m3/4s of the wine. Tim and his father's conversation about his father's illness was making me cry despite the fact that I have seen this film numerous times already. I looked sideways at Jiyong to see his reaction to the scene and I grimaced when I saw him looking at me in amusement. "What?" I hissed at him in annouance when his smile widened at the sound of my sniffling. "You're crying." He pointed out to me smugly. "Over a film that you have watched for more than ten times already."

"Probably." I retorted to him, trying to stifle my sniffling from him. When his attention was still focused on my pathetically sniffing self instead of watching the movie, I pinched his side and pointedly looked at the television screen to make him continue watching the movie instead of me. "Will you be crying when we watch Star Trek too or Let Me Explain?" He whispered to me, his tone obviously teasing. I thought of the scene from Star Trek when Kirk died in front of Spock as he said this, which made me quietly groan in frustration much to Jiyong's mirth. "Seriously? You're going to cry on those films too?" He asked me, laughter lacing through his voice. "Obviously not in Let Me Explain! But... But Kirk dies in Star Trek." I pouted at him petulantly at this revelation and Jiyong can't help but snort at my dilemma. "You didn't see this coming did you? When you chose those films for tonight." He commented to me wryly while About Time continued on playing in the background. "See what?" I asked him in slight irritation since my damn sniffling still hasn't stopped and the amused grin on Jiyong has not dropped as well. "That you'd be a blubbering mess once you watched it all over again." He told me frankly, shaking his head at the glare I sent in his way. "I am not a - !" I cried, panicking mid - sentence when I realized that I my sniffling had no effect whatsoever to prevent me from blowing my nose due to my sudden bout of tears. Thankfully I had my towel draped around my shoulder and I hastily turned around from Jiyong and blew my nose (as quietly and as demurely as possible) on the towel I had with me. I wrapped the towel into a ball and dropped it by my side before facing Jiyong in my embarassment at blowing my nose in front of him to resume our conversation. He was (thankfully) facing the television when I returned to my previous position and I realized with a start that the film we were warching was finished already and it was already rolling its credits. "Damn it. I missed the ending." I muttered sullenly to myself which made Jiyong glance at me again. "Do you want to rewind it?" He asked me with a of his head in the direction of the telly. "No." I mumbled after some thought. "I know how it ends anyway. Let's just move on to Star Trek." I was surprised to see as I tucked my feet behind me and curled up in my seat comfortably, that Jiyong was eyeing me with a critical look in his eyes instead of switching the movie to Star Trek. "What? Why aren't you looking for Star Trek? My hard drive's alphebatized so it won't be hard for you to look for it."

"Are you even comfortable in that position? With that pillow stuck behind your neck? Wouldn't you have a stiff neck with that behind you?" He suddenly questioned me curiously, tugging the said pillow. I mulled over his sudden inquiry and shrugged as I answered, "Maybe? I don't know. I just wanted to rest my head for a bit."

"Here." Jiyong said, raising his arm slightly to push away the pillow and to put his arm around me. "Lie your head on my shoulder." He tugged my shoulder to pull me closer and when I still have not done as he said (with good reason mind you, I don't think my sanity can handle THAT close of a proximity with him), Jiyong raised his hand and pushed my head to rest against his shoulder. He tsked at the awkward position we found ourselves in (due to my stiff posture) before arranging our positions himself, with my knees slightly raised to rest at the side of his thighs and with my side flushed against his, until he deemed it comfortable already. When we were finally settled in the couch, that's the only time when Jiyong picked up the remote to look for the next film but to my surprise, instead of selecting Star Trek, Jiyong chose one of my favorite french films instead, Casse Tête Chinois. I looked up to Jiyong's face in my surprise and poked his side to grab his attention. "What gives? I thought we were going to watch Star Trek?" I asked him curiously, casting another look at the television screen before looking back at him. "If you're worried that you won't get to see Benedict's "Shower of Doom", don't worry we'll watch it later." He assured me in a teasing tone, the arm around me squeezing my shoulders briefly. "To be honest, I thought that this would be a better alternative instead of you blubbering over Kirk dying in front of Spock." He admitted as an after thought while he focused his attention fully to the screen. I bit my lip at this admission and settled back against Jiyong just before Xavier starts to say and type, "Ma vie...." To narrate his story to us.

I sighed internally at the position I found myself in. Charlie and I will be having a very long talk tomorrow with all that's happened.

Oh, God.

What the have I found myself into now?

 


Hello :) 

I know, I know. I was supposed to update this story months ago but I got caught up in a lot of things so I really and sincerely want to apologize to you guys for not updating any sooner. I hope that you enjoy this new chapter that I posted as much as I did writing it. It was actually pretty fun writing this scene between the two of them which is saying a lot because I've been battling with writer's block for some time now (writer's block is winning). Thank you so much to those peope who subscribed to this story <3 it really means a lot to me. I hope to hear your thoughts on this new chapter, so feel free to leave a comment.

- Rexiefauliks 

 

P.S. Also, I totally recommend you guys to watch the movies/ shows listed above because:

a. Casse tête Chinois is an amazing and inspiring french film with a really brilliant cast which includes my two favorite french actors as the lead.

b. About Time is a really unique and touching film about romantic and familiar relationships which will always get to you everytime you watch it.

c. The scene between Kirk and Spock is enough to make anyone watch the film itself due to how well it was portrayed by Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. Also, because Benny's shower of doom. Enough said.

d. Kevin Hart is the funniest man I have ever seen on television and on film. 

e. Key & Peele will make you gape at how awesome their skits are. And the fact that Peele is a sassier woman than we can ever be in real life.