Chapter 44: Happy (2NE1 Comeback)

YG Auditions

 

 

 

My right eye twitched when Tabi Oppa slid his finger abruptly once more on the screen of the iPad where I was playing Temple Run. Temple Run Two, might I add. That being more difficult than the first released game or its Brave version. Alright, so the iPad is his and I just borrowed it to occupy my time as we hung out at the dressing room of 2NE1 here in MBC… BUT I WAS THIS CLOSE TO BEATING MINZY’S HIGH SCORE. So close that I could taste victory already. Which is why I couldn’t really help myself from clutching the iPad to my chest as I hissed at him like a cat. He just smirked at me in reply and sauntered away from me, whistling innocently as if he didn’t cost me my hard earned 23, 470, 668 score. I worked hard for that ok. I didn’t even get to complete my mission. ARGH. I glared at his immaculately dressed back but instead of indulging my urges (I seriously want to jump his back and scalp Oppa and pull his ears in frustration), I just settled on the couch I was sitting on and restarted the game. However even before I can make my first jump, in came Boss, strolling inside the dressing room with the rest of the staff. He made me forget altogether retaining my high score in my current obsession due to the question he asked me as soon as he spotted my hulking figure, “Norah, what’s this I hear about you dating someone from SM Entertainment?” I gaped at him in surprise at the same time the iPad in my grasp fell limply on my lap when I lost my grip on it. “Uhhmmm.” I stammered awkwardly, not knowing how to properly answer him and wondering to myself how on earth Boss found out about me hanging out with someone from SM Entertainment even though I’m not dating either of the two boys I do know from the agency. He merely raised an eyebrow at me and waited patiently for a decent answer as he browsed through the sponsored food provided by Teddy Oppa’s coffee shop, Twosome + Studio. He glanced back at me with an expectant look before picking up a drink and one of the pastries on display. “I’m not dating anyone Sajangnim.” I began explaining, my eyes darting around to room to look for the guilty party who clued in Boss about my recent acquaintances. Unsurprisingly my friends who were with me to watch 2NE1’s comeback disappeared out of thin air, including my sunbaes. Where the hell are they? Damn, idols and their secret hideouts.

He took a sip from his drink and just gave me this look. It’s the look I’m quite familiar with due to the times he scolded me for pulling a prank on the other trainees. It’s the, “I know you’ve been up to no good. You might as well tell me about it before I find about it from someone else. Because if I do, you’ll be in deeper than I’ll put you through if you just confess to me.”… look.

“Really Boss! I’m not dating anyone. I met them through Kibum, my landlord’s son. They helped me out weeks ago and I thanked them by treating them to Bubble Milk Tea a few days after. It sort of became a weekly thing after that.” I continued my hurried explanation, my eyes probably were pleading for him already to believe me. He lowered the drink at the table behind him and nodded at my explanation. “I believe you since you’ve never lied to me even when I’m scolding you. At least you have the decency to confess to your wrong doings and to accept the consequences of your actions, unlike someone I know.” He told me with a frown marring his face. The face of Seungri Oppa popped into my head and I hid my snort of laughter behind a cough as I recalled how Seungri Oppa looked during our Skype call with each other after he got scolded by Boss when he found out about the favor that Seungri Oppa had me do that caused me to miss training for an entire day. “But that doesn’t mean you’re off the hook. I knew I should have included that dating ban on the contract for the trainees. Too bad I can’t sneak that in your documents since you’ve read the entire thing unlike the other trainees.” He crossed his arms and gave me a smug look that caused me to squirm even more at my seat. Everyone knows that when Boss has something he can be smug about, it’s something to be scared off. “Anyway I don’t really need that to stop you from dating. Your father, himself, left me STRICT instructions to not let you date while you’re training. And despite what Jiyong and the others think, I’m your official guardian while you’re here and I plan on following through your parents’ wishes.” I gaped at him in horror, due to what he said about my father’s so called instructions to my boss to which Boss only looked onto smugly. His attention was finally drawn away from me when he looked for the members of 2NE1 while I sat at the sofa on the dressing room table looking dumbly at where he used to be. Seriously? Even when I’m far away from home, my Dad still manages to find a way to prevent me from even remotely attaining a decent relationship with the opposite . Not that I’m planning on taking up one soon but still. ARGH. One of the hair stylists for 2NE1 patted my shoulder consolingly as she passed by and I merely nodded my thanks still reeling from the brief conversation I had with the head of YG.

 It didn’t take long for the missing people inside the dressing room to stroll back inside as if nothing happened. Tabi Oppa tried his best to avoid eye contact with me as he sat beside me while the others resumed what they were doing, as if they didn’t leave the room in the first place abruptly. “So did you manage to beat Minzy – ah already?” Tabi Oppa asked me casually, grabbing his discarded iPad by my side to check my statistics. However I ignored his question and instead fired one at him when I finally snapped out of my stupor. “Was it your idea to tell boss I met two guys from EXO?” He gave out a cough trying to cover up his laughter but I hit his arm and pinched his side multiple times to show my lack of amusement at his reply to me. “Why would I do that? I only found out recently about this. And it’s not like me to gossip about other people!” He said mock defensively as he tried inching away from me and my onslaught of pinches and slaps. Choice 37 and Billy snorted at this while Evan muttered to himself and to Sophie that Tabi Oppa is such a complete liar. “I swear! I didn’t do it! If you really want to know who told Hyung about you befriending a couple of guys from….” His voice was drowned out when the dressing room’s adjoining door to the other room was opened and the hysterical laughter of CL, Minzy and some of the staff could be heard through clearly in our end of the room. A few seconds after that, the four girls from 2NE1 stepped out in their respective costumes and I became momentarily distracted when I noticed the diverse outfits they were wearing. I was already familiar with the concept for their new title track after listening to Jiyong Oppa rap it non – stop for days under his breath until he got it perfect, even during meals and I was also aware of the outfits due to the numerous coffee breaks I would have with Seungho – ssi in the office while I assisted Ji Eun Unnie. But to see it for real, Seungho’s own creations combined with designers that are not typically worn by 2NE1 just amazed me and I excitedly went to their side to inspect it closely. The first person I reached was Minzy who was double checking her clothes while the rest of the girls are still busy being fussed over by Seungho and the other stylists. I gave this squeal as I got near her that she laughed at in amusement as she hit me shyly in the arm. “Unnie! Stop being so silly.” She reprimanded me jokingly, her grin widening as I circled around her to inspect her clothes. “Wahh, it’s just that your outfit is so amazing Minzy – ah. I bet Blackjacks will scream their lungs out later because they’ll never see what’ll hit them later on.” I explained to her after I finished circling her. I linked our arms together and dragged her away from the throng of people crowding the rest of the 2NE1 members who are still not done with their hair and make – up to catch up with 2NE1’s ero – maknae. I collapsed on the couch next to Tabi Oppa who was making faces at his iPad once more, and I patted the seat next to me invitingly to Minzy who accepted my invitation and sat primly to avoid getting any of her clothes ruined. “Are you nervous?” I asked Minzy which she nodded at before releasing a shaky breath. “But I’m also very excited. I’m really fond of this new concept we have for our song, I just hope Blackjacks would love it as much as I do.” She added to me wistfully. I pinched her cheek in a teasing manner and assured her that the song was really amazing as well as their thoroughly not to mention, brilliantly planned stage performance, which would make it impossible for Blackjacks to NOT love it. “To be honest,” I whispered to her secretly. “I asked Jiyong Oppa if I can have a copy of the raw version of your song. You know the track they submitted to Boss before he made some corrections with Teddy Oppa. It’s on repeat right now in my phone.” I drew out my phone to prove to her that what I was saying to her was the truth and indeed in my iPod app, their demo track was on repeat. “Omo! You do have it! I thought it was only us and the producers who heard of the demo track since Sajangnim was able to edit it pretty early before we released it?” Minzy glanced at me curiously. “You do know that I’m nearly a permanent fixture in Teddy Oppa’s studio?” She laughed at my rhetorical question and I continued on explaining while she shook her head at me. “I was there when Boss came in with the usb containing your demo and I got to listen to it while they were working on it. They’re used to seeing me lounging there already that they didn’t mind that I was there while they worked. After that, I pestered Jiyong Oppa to have a copy of it since I liked your demo so much.”

“I bet he made you cook him dinner.” Minzy commented knowingly. I snorted and rolled my eyes as I remembered Jiyong Oppa’s expression when I asked to have a copy of the demo even if I had to do half of his chores for him. He looked like he was attending fashion week and celebrating Christmas all at the same time. Speak of the devil, Jiyong Oppa just came inside greeting everyone with a 90 degree bow along with my other sunbaes such as Jinu and Sean sunbaenim accompanied by Sean sunbaenim’s children. Harang spotted me with Minzy and he ran away from Jiyong Oppa who was holding his hand while Haeum remained by her father’s side. “Noona!” He cried happily before climbing on my lap and started to ramble about the latest storybook he was reading in Korean. Did I mention I’m still not fluent in the language? I stared at him in bafflement but I maintained the smile on my face and despite my confusion at what he was telling me enthusiastically. His father and older sister approached us after greeting all of the people within inside the completely packed dressing room with Haeum hiding behind her father shyly. “Hello Norah – ssi, Minzy – ah, and Seunghyun -ah.”  Tabi Oppa stopped pouting his lips when he heard the older man’s voice and cleared his throat before lowering his iPad. “Hey Hyung, how are you doing?” Tabi Oppa replied to Sean Sunbaenim innocently as if he wasn’t cam a few seconds before. Minzy and I giggled at his awkward predicament which caused Haeum to giggle as well behind her father’s legs. “Oh! Is that Haeum – ssi I hear?” Oppa asked peering behind Sean Sunbae to see Haeum smile shyly and nod. “What are you doing there? Is that the way to greet your Oppa?” She gave me a sideways look and I quickly understood why she was suddenly shy. Considering that this was the first time seeing me among the people from YG, it’s no surprise why she was suddenly quiet and shy instead of being the bubbly little girl people told me she was. Unlike her younger brother who took a liking to me when I read the book with me to him one afternoon, when Sean Sunbaenim and he were visiting the office for business purposes, I haven’t been able to interact much with Sean Sunbae’s eldest child.

I was about to stand up so that she’d feel more comfortable in the presence of the others but Jiyong Oppa suddenly came out of nowhere and sat next to me, bringing me down back to the sofa as he carelessly tossed his skinny body to the couch in exhaustion. Thankfully, I managed to get Harang off of my lap when he did this and he is now at Minzy’s side instead of my own, otherwise he would’ve been hit by my manager’s long and currently, rather limp limbs. “Yah! Oppa what’s wrong with you, you nearly hit Harang and I was supposed to stand up.” I told him in a slightly reprimanding tone. He just grunted in reply and tossed an arm across his eyes before taking a nap that I’m positive will be far longer than how he intended it to be. Tabi Oppa and I looked at each other above the sleeping Big Bang leader and we shared a knowing look before returning our attention to the two adorable children of our sunbae. “Haeum, do you know Norah Unnie? She’s Oppa’s baby sister.” Tabi Oppa explained to Haeum who was looking at Jiyong Oppa curiously as he curled next to me in a fetal position. Her eyes were diverted from the sleeping dragon and landed on mine, her inquisitive eyes blinking at me in confusion. However that only lasted a few minutes until a small smile broke out to her pretty face and she politely gave me a bow and introduced herself to me which I returned happily. Haeum then quickly went to Tabi Oppa’s side to give him a hug as a greeting after noticing that her father was at the opposite side of the room already, talking with the other adults and left her in our care. Tabi then started educating the young girl on how to use his iPad, particularly a certain camera app. Aigoo. Haeum will be tainted by Oppa’s vain tendencies, I don’t know if I should intervene or let them be.

“Unnie, is Jiyong Oppa ok?” Minzy whispered to me while playing rock, paper, and scissors with Harang which dragged my attention from the pouting Big Bang leader and the girl sitting in his lap staring at him in confusion. I glanced at the dozing man next to me and simply shrugged. To be honest I have no idea what he’s been up to these past few days that caused him to be near comatose whenever he shuts his eyes. I only started noticing he’s been like this when I DID in fact cook him dinner as payment for the copy of 2NE1’s demo track for this latest album that they will release that made me panic as I served him his dinner. He was so close to implanting his head on the bowl of fried rice I managed to cook when he accidentally napped while eating his dinner. I had to poke him with my own utensils to wake him up from his light sleep. I say light because if he were truly sleeping deeply only a few things can rouse him from it. Namely: his mother calling him, his older sister kicking him or someone is about to touch his laptop. That last part never ceases to astound me. Seungri Oppa once mentioned that even if you create a loud ruckus outside his room, Jiyong Oppa won’t wake up but when Seungri Oppa once tried to use Jiyong Oppa’s laptop which he did as quietly as possible, the older man leapt from his bed like lightning and grabbed his laptop from Seungri Oppa with a glare. “Don’t mind him, he’ll wake up soon enough.” I told her in the most assuring tone I have. “I think.” I added hesitantly. “CL and the rest are calling for you… are you about to start your blocking already for the rehearsals?” I added to Minzy whose eyes followed my line of sight and saw CL beckoning her to come over, one of her hands planted firmly on her waist that was bound tightly by her black leather skirt. “I think so, we’ll be taping soon and we need to rehearse before we officially perform. Unnie, I’ll leave Harang with you for awhile ok?” She replied, absent – mindedly picking up Harang to deposit on the previous seat she was occupying. I nodded to her and watch her smooth the clothes she was wearing as she jogged towards the door of the dressing room where the rest of the girls were waiting for her. “Harang – ssi, do you want to listen to something while waiting for your Appa?” I asked the little boy next to me in my broken and accented Korean since Sean Sunbae was still busy talking with Boss and the others. He pursed his lips as if contemplating but just simply shrugged and nodded to me as consent to do what I want. I pinched his cheek at that before grabbing my phone and unlocking it to reveal the iPod app in it once more. “This is your noonas from 2NE1 will be singing.” I informed him even if he barely understood a word I said. I increased the volume of the demo track before playing it once more to the top.

A 90s inspired Hip Hop melody greeted our ears for the opening of the song and Tabi Oppa with Haeum also became silent as they listened to the song. This melody was followed by a beatbox then a few percussions before CL’s voice could be heard calling out to their listeners or fans:

Ya’ll ladies better take a seat,

All I need is a minute or two

What’s so unusual about this track is that unlike the previous songs released by 2NE1, it was a combination of various genres they had in previous hit songs. Usually their song has a rap as well as a singing part, however for this new song that they will release, it will be purely hip hop and rap. This is proven true when Dara Unnie who is normally the sweet singing voice of 2NE1 start spitting some rhymes like it’s nobody’s business. Followed by Bom Unnie, then Minzy and finally CL. Of course there’s a part where someone is singing a hook but it was not sang by them but one of the trainees a year ahead of me in training under YG. She sang the hook which was just a few lines. It was credited as her work as a featuring artist but her name isn’t revealed yet to the public because she is also going to debut once everything in YG has settled down from all the activities occurring among its senior artists. I bobbed my head to the beat and Harang seemed to enjoy listening to it as well judging by how he relaxed his body against mine, slouching on the chair with his feet dangling mid – air.

[DARA]

Oh yes, he’s fine

But do you know?

He’s used the same old line

He’s sweet, rings you all the time

But girl try to see

Who he’s been texting all this time

Will I be the one you text lately?

Cling to you like there’s no tomorrow

Too bad I’m just a book you can borrow

You take, take, take it

But then just return and leave it

 

It’s getting old,

Time and time again

The same old story

Don’t be a fool

He’s just a tool

Never gonna be Prince Charming

Honey you deserve that happy ending

 

[BOM]

I’m busy

It’s family

Sorry I can’t make it

Sick of your excuses

It’s just so sad

I’d end up the one who’s bad

You’re so high maintenance, you say

That’s just CRAY!

I think you meant to say,

2 chicks at once I can’t balance

 

It’s getting old,

Time and time again

The same old story

Don’t be a fool

He’s just a tool

Never gonna be Prince Charming

Honey you deserve that happy ending

 

[MINZY]

Don’t think you’re Gold ‘n Diamonds boy

You’re irreplaceable

I can easily pull a Beyonce

Your things are just to the left honey

You’re not the only one I’ve got

There’s plenty of your lot

It really won’t take me long

To find a new man and move on

 

It’s getting old,

Time and time again

The same old story

Don’t be a fool

He’s just a tool

Never gonna be Prince Charming

Honey you deserve that happy ending

 

[CL]

Cos’ I’m the illest alive

And I’ve just arrived

Boy don’t be trippin

Cos’ what I said is true

Sorry to rain on your parade

But honey, time’s up

I ain’t no fool

Time to end your charades.

 

It’s getting old,

Time and time again

The same old story

Don’t be a fool

He’s just a tool

Never gonna be Prince Charming

Honey you deserve that happy ending

 

[ALL]

DARA: Hang on baby,

I might have to say later, later

To the one and only player

BOM: Promising we’ll always be together

Promising me forever

MINZY: Cos’ boy I know your style

 I can spot it from a mile

CL: You think you’re so sly

Feeling, feeling oh so fly

ALL: Don’t be a hater

You’re just a player

Baby this is going to be

BYE, BYE

 

 

 


What's up guys! I'm back and as I've said, I did try my best to update as soon as possible :D I hoped you enjoyed reading it and thank you so much for everything. I hope this long update makes up for it. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZZZZIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG <3 So as a prize hahahaha here's Tabi making faces at his iPad :P enjoy

PS

Am I the only one freaking out that I don't have enough money to buy all the magazines going to be released that has YG Family members as its cover (GD, 2NE1)? Not to mention the fact that there's a possible comeback for them coming soon.

T.T PAPA YG HOLD YOUR HORSES PLEASE I NEED TO SAVE GGGGGGGGGGGsssss

- Rexiefauliks