Chapter 45: Pabo

YG Auditions

 

The spotlight from CL was dimmed after she finished saying the first two lines from their title track, Happy, which they are about to perform in MBC for the first time. The track (the one Boss helped edit) began with someone beatboxing (Fun Fact: It’s Jiyong Oppa who is beatboxing for the entire track.) and then suddenly, a spotlight came on showing Kwon Young Don in the middle. He gave out a nod and a wink at the audience after getting a close up from the camera which made numerous girls squeal at his boyish charm. Back here inside the dressing room, Jiyong Oppa and the rest of the boys gagged at Young Don – ssi’s act at seducing the fangirls, especially his brother who made vomiting noises when he caught a glimpse of his brother winking at the camera from the television inside the dressing room. “Whose idea was it to get Young Don – ah as the lead guy in 2NE1’s performance? Who is it? I need to hit you for creating this nightmare.” He said to us out loud in annoyance. The people in the dressing roared in laughter at this while I just stared at them in confusion. I really do need to work on my lessons on the Korean language. Even Sophie and Evan got what Young Deuk – ssi was saying.

*sigh*

Thankfully Jiyong Oppa and I were still sitting side by side in the couch, so I had him translate what the other half of the Kwon twins said out loud. “He wanted to know whose idea it was to make Young Don – ah as the lead guy in 2NE1’s performance. He said he’ll make them pay for the horror he’s being put through.” Jiyong Oppa replied to me easily with his head still tucked at my shoulder, his newly curly hair tickling my cheeks. I jostled his head to wake him up even more since he’s been napping since 2NE1 left for their rehearsals and he woke up (sort of) just now because of all the racket we made when we finally saw the live recording of 2NE1 begin in the television here. He elbowed me at my side and pinched it for good measure to stop me and I inched away from him in retaliation. “Yahhh, Norah…. I want to sleep more.” He whined at me as he curled up on the other side of the couch, facing away from me. “I need sleep.”

“What’s wrong with you? Are you sick or something?” I asked him with a raise of one of my eyebrows. “No. I’m just tired. I haven’t slept properly for a week now.” He mumbled to me from his side of the couch. I shook my head at him in exasperation, knowing that reprimanding him for not sleeping is futile since he’s such a workaholic. I returned my attention to the television screen once more just in time to see the girls from 2NE1 one by one do what they do best, which is bringing the stage down with their sick music. Momma Bom just finished rapping (which caused a lot of the people from the audience to scream in delight at the new side of 2NE1’s main vocal) and now all of them are circling Young Don – ssi who was still trying to impress the audience with his looks and gestures as if wooing a girl he likes. As they circled him, the outfits they were wearing can be seen one by one and its stark difference between each other was so evident. CL was wearing a high waist leather A – line skirt where, as well as a green tiger jumper from Kenzo that is tucked in. The jumper’s sleeves were torn, which gave the shirt an edge to it due to the torn sleeveless look which CL rocked as well as customized accessories from not only Verbal Ambush’s accessory line but pieces that Seungho – ssi made himself for her (which included  leather suspenders). She was wearing Ato sneakers paired with a bright pink foot socks adorning her feet.

Dara Unnie on the other hand was wearing a red knit sleeveless bodysuit from Kenzo tucked inside a pair of dark denim jeans from Balmain that showed her never ending long legs. A black KTZ vest completed this look with customized accessories from Seungho – ssi and Verbal Ambush.

Minzy for this first time on stage wore a dress that showed off her feminine side. The dress came from Rodarte’s collection, in collaboration with Target. A simple black slip dress, paired with House of Holland For Pretty Polly Super Suspender leggings and flower appliqué platform sandals from Prada. Her unevenly cropped hair is pulled to one side by a customized zipper hair piece from Seungho – ssi and the rest of her accessories are a combination of customized jewelry from Verbal Ambush as well as Chrome Hearts jewelry.

Finally, Bom Unnie was styled to perfection by Seungho – ssi with items that showed her usual style but with an edge. The body hugging dress made by Mary Kantrantzou for Port Elliot, displayed Bom Unnie’s curves and her lovely long legs are accentuated by Christopher Kane for Topshop heels in the color white. Not only that, but the vibrant hair color she was sporting for this comeback was in complete contrast to her fair complexion making the colors of her clothes stand out as well. Her accessories were to die for as well, considering they came from Riccardo Tisci’s Haute Couture collection for Givenchy’s Spring Summer Collection last 2012 as well as customized accessories from Verbal and Fonderie 47. My personal favorite are her earrings from Fonderie 47 which are 18k yellow gold encrsute fused with Fonderie 47 steel that originated from AK 47s. The design and where it came from is so bad that personally, if I were to use it, I’d feel as bad like Bom Unnie and CL too.

“Yo Norah! NORAH!” I was shaken from my stupor by Evan’s voice calling out my name. I pushed aside the hand that he was waving in front of my face and glared at the smug expression on Evan’s face. “What?” I asked in irritation, pouting unconsciously at being caught staring longingly at the television screen. “You were staring off into space, salivating for no reason. You’re creeping out the kids.” He retorted back easily before sipping the drink he was holding. “I was not!” Despite denying it vehemently, I tried to wiping my mouth subtly but he still caught sight of it which made him roar in laughter. I shoved him away from me as I stood up to make my dramatic exit from the room (to hopefully, put back one by one the pieces my crushed dignity) but he pulled me back and made me sit down in the couch once more. “I was just kidding Spence, don’t be so touchy. It’s just a little teasing.” Evan told me with that infuriating smug smile of his. “Besides, what were you daydreaming about that made you slobber like a dog?” His eyes landed on our manager’s back and before he can make any comments, I hissed at him to shut up under the pretense of the fact that he shouldn’t make so much noise because our manager is sleeping nearby. He rolled his eyes at me but kept quiet as I explained what was the REAL reason as to why I was staring off into space.

“Wait, so you’re telling me you were fangirling about clothes?” He asked me in disbelief. “I would believe you more if you mentioned something like daydreaming about Channing Tatum or that weird British guy you keep ranting on and on about but fangirling about clothes? PFFT.” I glowered at him and ranted at the fact that it is perfectly normal for someone to be awed by clothes and to daydream about them. “No, not really.” Evan told me in a snooty voice that made me huff in frustration. Evan was sitting at the arm rest of the couch Jiyong Oppa and I were in, and like a model for a coffee commercial, Evan crossed his legs and took a sip from his drink. “Why is Jiyong Oppa asleep during the times that I need him the most.” I grumbled to myself as I took a glance at our manager who was happily asleep beside me. When I faced Evan once more, I can’t help but groan in annoyance at the suggestive smirk on his face. “Sometimes, I really, really hate you.” I told him. “You’re the one who said it.” He pointed out to me still not wiping the obnoxious expression on his face. “It was not my point you bloody hag.” I swung my body to face him, unconsciously leaning my back on Jiyong Oppa’s for support and brought one leg up my chest and used most of my strength to kick Evan off the bloody couch to teach him a lesson. All this I did under a full minute.

Evan seeing my plan of attack just as quickly as I did it, moved out of my way by jumping off the arm rest of the couch to run and hide behind Sophie or Bill, making all my effort pointless. Suddenly my entire body’s balance got thrown off when I suddenly felt no support behind me. In an instant I fell on the flat of my back and landed on Jiyong Oppa’s lap who apparently shifted his position. He was peering down at me with a half drowsy, half amused expression on his face which was casting a shadow on my face. I felt my face starting to flame up at the position I found myself in as well as the fact that my heart is starting to beat erratically in my rib cage.

JESUS ING CHRIST. This is like a scene that you’d see in the teen chicklits I’d sneak behind my Dad’s back during High School when I was supposed to learn the beauty of Geometry and Trigonometry.

However, the words Jiyong Oppa told me effectively rid me of thoughts that would make Titanic look like a lame movie in comparison to what was running through my mind. “Norah. I’m hungry. Bring me some nachos from Vatos. Or cook for me again, you still owe me for that demo track of 2NE1’s I gave to you in secret.” He told me in a whine as I hastily sat up from my position to sit properly. I sighed at the disappointing turn of events but instead of sulking in a corner for multiply reasons, I opted on retorting to him, “Oppa, go get it yourself. I’m your trainee not your maid. And I already cooked for you for an entire week. You even fell asleep on the dining table a few nights ago.” Weird noises started coming out of his mouth, something like crossbreed between whimpering, groaning, growling and whining in his attempt to convince me to get food for him. It’s not a pretty sight, but god help me, I still find him adorable and attractive. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Oh, right. I have a huge crush on this man that I’m supposed to get over with. Norah, you . “I’m hungry Norah.” He continued as he took hold of my elbow and shook it in earnest to prove his point. “Argh. Fine! But you’re coming with me.” I told him in mock annoyance, as if I’m truly bothered with his whining when really I want to take out my phone and film him the entire time just so I could post it online and show how un – bad Jiyong Oppa can get when it comes to food and sleeping. He’s like an overgrown puppy, I swear. “Do I have to? Can’t you have it delivered here?” He said with a sigh while flopping back to the couch in his supposed exhaustion. “No, they don’t have any delivery service Oppa. So unless you want to eat the food we have here, you better get your skinny up and drive us to Vatos.” He harrumphed at me but complied none the less and stood up from the couch. I followed suit and we sauntered out the dressing room after informing the rest we’re headed to. There was a bit of delay when the others from the crew and the other YG Family members requested for us to buy food for them as well and I had to take down their orders so I wouldn’t forget as we get there.

As we walked the corridors of the backstage of MBC’s Music Core, I heard someone call out my name. I whipped my head side to side to see where the sound was coming from and when I spotted the multi – colored heads of the members of EXO, Lulu and Sehun Oppa (I still called him Oppa to annoy him much like how Lu Han picks on him by getting Sehun’s bubble milk tea order whenever we meet up.) who was giving me a wave. “Yah! SPENCER! YOU OWE ME A LARGE ORDER OF TARO MILK TEA FOR DITCHING US AGAIN!” Lu Han hollered at me from the opposite direction where they are and I blushed at the attention his shout brought to me. I glared at him and flipped him off before sweetly giving a wave to Sehun who shook his head at his Hyung. “Bye Sehun Oppa! Later hater! I got to feed some people.” I called out to Lu Han before turning to walk back towards where I was supposed to go to when those two distracted me out of nowhere. I gave a sheepish smile to Jiyong Oppa who stood back and watched this exchange between me and the EXO members. “Seems like you’re getting close to them. Are they having a comeback to in Music Core too?” He told me conversationally as we started walking once more, his tone surprisingly sounding more awake than he did a few minutes ago. “Hmm? Oh, yeah. Lu Han and Sehun are just easy to get along with, I suppose. Not that I know of. Probably it’s another artist from their label and they’re just watching to give support to a label mate.” I answered as I rubbed the nape of my neck awkwardly. An uncomfortable silence descended on us after that but I shrugged it off to my incessant need to fill a room with chatter. I was stopped in my tracks though when Jiyong Oppa talked once more as we got to the parking lot.

“Don’t call Sehun - ssi your Oppa.” He told me as he slid inside his car, after unlocking it. “What do you mean?” I asked him in puzzlement when I got inside the passenger seat right after him. He simply shrugged at me and instead steered the conversation to what we’ll do as we reach Vatos while he backed out of where he was parked. “Damn, my stomach hurts like hell. I really need food right now.” He muttered as he drove away from the tv station and towards Vatos. I stared out of the window mulling over what Jiyong Oppa commented to me out of nowhere. I couldn’t help but wonder what Jiyong Oppa meant at the same time think over if I appear rude by addressing Sehun as someone who’s older than I am when in reality he’s younger. AISHT. Stupid Lu Han. He was the one who started all this. I was about to send a lengthy text to EXO – M’s darling (not) member when Mercy by Kanye West that featured a lot of artists from his label GOOD Music started playing in Jiyong Oppa’s car. The awkward atmosphere between Jiyong Oppa and I disappeared when this happened as we sang along to the Kanye West, taking turns at who’s going to rap next. The incident in the parking lot disappeared from my mind completely as I rapped to 2Chainz’ part while Jiyong Oppa made  improvised lines as he drove, making me grin at him and relax in my seat. It was all in my head, really, I over think too much at times.

Fine. All the time. Happy?


What's up everybody?

I'm sorry I've been MIA for the past weeks. School was just UGH. But anyway. Here's another update for you. I hope you like it! I've been meaning to post another one but I just can't get the time to do so. Thank you so much for being patient with me T^T and for reading my story.

YOU GUYS ARE GOLDEN. AS WELL AS AMAZING. I LOVE YOU HAHA

:D 

Also have you seen Jiyong's tweet to Grimes? OMG she's so freaking lucky. Well GD is too for getting to see Grimes live but damn hahaha that's the only thing I can say lol damn XD Here's GD being adorable as always

and GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS if you have LINE..... you can understand my frustration at his freaking dorkiness. He is killing me......

- Rexiefauliks