Chapter 12: BANNED

YG Auditions

*YAY FOR NORAH POV!! Lol don't worry, Jiyong will be back hahaha

- Rexiefauliks

 

 


I smiled my thanks to the guy who opened the door for me, leading to the dance studio where the other trainees and some of the YG talents were already hanging out. I noticed that the YG artists were already mingling around with the new trainees and the trainees on the other hand were trying to get better acquainted with each other while they waited for the orientation to start. I gripped the paper bag containing my newly purchased phone on one hand and a large cup of coffee on the other as I hitched my shoulders to prevent my bag from slipping once again towards my elbow. I glanced around trying to spot a good place to set my things down when out of nowhere someone from behind me cried, "NORAH!" all too happily which surprised and nearly made me spill my coffee on the newly polished hardwood floors which was thankfully stopped by a hand grabbing the cup from my loose grip just in time and offering it back to me. I cracked open one eye after closing it when I winced as I waited to hear the impending meeting of my cup with the floor. Taeyang was grinning at me as he offered me the cup back and glanced at the person behind me before addressing the person, "Yah, maknae take it easy on the trainees." 

Seungri who then faced me waved him off and retorted that he was just being friendly and was far from trying to scare me off with his greeting. "What's in the bag Norah?" he asked curiously as he noticed the paper bag on my other hand. I smiled at him secretly and manouvered myself away from him to head to the corner of the room where a few tables and chairs were set up, intending on finally being able to sit down to rest my legs after walking around in search for my new phone to use during my stay at Korea. "Norah~" said Seungri as he followed me to where I was situated. He towered me further more as he stood over my slumped figure on the chair I was sitting on peering at the stuff I set down on the table behind me. He narrowed his eyes to read the small print of the label printed across the paper bag but gave up trying when he failed at comprehending them. "What is it?" he asked once more pouting at me at my lack of response. I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him as I shoved my hand inside the paper bag to draw out the box containing my new phone. I faced him once more and looked up at him as I waved the box to his face. "Oh! You finally bought a phone. What model did you buy?" he replied, grabbing the box from my hand before promptly ripping the package to reveal its content to us."I'm not good at that kind of stuff but the saleslady said it's one of their current models and that it's a good buy. I checked some of its features and it seems alright." I told him as he switched my new phone on and started fiddling around with the keys. "What are you doing oppa?" I asked him after some time chuckling to myself while he struggled with my new phone. "I'm entering my new number but I accidentally put it in -" he huffed in frustration. "- French in the language setting. Argh, I can't understand a thing. Chaerin - ah!!" He called out, glancing behind him in search for the leader of 2ne1. 

A tall girl in a nearly all black ensemble save for her shoes and accessories approached us and said, "What is it Seungri oppa?"

"I accidentally put her phone in French in the language setting." he replied sheepishly offering CL my phone showing her what he did. She nodded and started punching in a few of the keys until she let out a gleeful, "Tada~" to us and gave me back my phone. "I don't think I've introduced myself, I'm Lee Chaerin or CL of 2ne1." As she said this Seungri acted out their hand sign behind her which caused CL to hit his arm in a kidding manner. "Hyung is better at impersonating you." Seungri told CL with a smirk. "I go by the name of CL of 2ne1." he mimicked the female leader of 2ne1 in a high pitched voice. "Ignore oppa, he's always like this." she explained to me with a roll of her eyes. I nodded with a smile and introduced myself in turn. "Oh! Hi Norah! Let me introduce you to some of the trainees with me." she replied walking to a group of people. She nodded her head towards me and lead them to where Seungri and I were, the former still busy with entering his number on my new phone. "Norah - ssi, this is Evan Burgess, Sophia Cruz and Billie Faulkner. Guys this is Norah Spencer. And the weird man over there is Seungri oppa." she added with mirth in her voice at the older man's obvious concentration at the apple green flip phone in his hands. I shook hands with the other three and grinned as I recognized one of them. "Hey, you're the one who opened the door for me awhile ago, thanks, I was contemplating already on whether I should use my teeth to open the door if it weren't for you." He laughed at my comment and shook it off saying it was no problem.

After that we begun conversing on where we came from and how our auditions went while CL and Seungri passed my phone between the two of them, taking selcas after Seungry finally accomplished entering his number as well as CL who easily did so despite the former taking nearly a half hour doing so. "To be honest I actually don't listen to K Pop, it's my bestfriend who does and she suggested that we audition together." explained Sophie from her position on the floor her brown locks which were dyed red on its tips brushing the shiny floor due to its length. "Did she get accepted in like you?" I asked curiously. She chewed on her lip, toying with the lip ring on its side and said, "Naw, she didn't get in but she was fine just as long as I manage to get Tablo to give her a video greeting." 

"Did you?" asked Billie from Sophia's right side. We were all sitting at the floor by this time with me being in between Evan and Sophia, and with Billie sitting across from me. She laughed out loud and nodded. "Took me a long time to do so believe me. I didn't have any clue as to who he is so when they told me I got in during the call backs I called out Tablo and asked the favor telling the whole panel that I had no clue how he looked. Nearly all the men inside the room stood up and confessed to being Tablo. I was so bloody confused that I just took out my phone and had them greet my friend individually. In the end I managed to get not only a greeting from Tablo but from all male YG talents." We laughed at her anecdote and Seungri piped in from behind us, sitting at where I was previously staying on, "I TOLD you, I was Tablo." He offered me my phone back and straightened up from his seat to crane his neck to look intently at the door where 6 people just came from. He nudged CL and stood up excusing themselves to head to the front of the room where soon the other YG talents were crowding in along with the 6 people who just arrived. "They must be the managers." I muttered scanning their faces, Gummy being first then G Dragon being the last. Jiyong caught my eye and smiled toothily at my direction.

. Why do you have to be so adorable and hot at the same time? Wait did I just say that?

I glanced to my left to see Evan staring wistfully at Jiyong who by now was listening to Se7en as he welcomed the new trainees to YG. "Were you the one who said that?" I asked hesitantly. He glanced at me and nodded amused at my shell shcoked expression. "What? Never heard a man lust after another?" He smirked at me to which I returned whole heartedly. "Pssshh believe me, I've heard way worse things from someone else." A flash of Chris lusting after Tom Felton's picture on his laptop came to mind as I said this. "You just basically said the words I was thinking that's all."

"Oh!" realization flashed at his eyes which turned into mischievousness quickly. "Do I happen to detect a GD fangirl in you Ms. Spencer?" 

"Guilty." I replied feeling far from actually being guilty. We took a glance at the said man who was now introducing himself to his attentive audience.

The crowd gave him and the rest of the talents their full attention during the orientation, save for one, myself. I was half listening to them as I opened my bag to grab my book of Douglas Adams to smoothen out its edges after being crushed by the other items within my bag. However I quickly looked up once more to listen when I heard Se7en announce that he will call out the names of the manager first before calling out the names of the trainees that will be under the manager's supervision. "I'll start with myself, then Gummy, PSY, Hye Sun and finally Jiyong." My fingers continued its task of smoothing out the creases as I listened to him but my attention was once more caught by the book in my hand. Evan glanced at me and whispered to me that he'll warn me if I was called out to which I smiled at gratefully. I started moving my eyes from word to word as I read the page where I was last in when out of nowhere, long and slender fingers gripped the top edge of my book and easily took my book away from me. 

I gulped. In front of me crouching on the balls of his feet was none other than G Dragon himself.

Eyebrows raised, G Dragon tucked my book in his arm and tapped his index finger on my forehead. "Hyung may have not called you out yet but my trainee should pay attention." He gave a tsk tsk sound and thankfully he didn't really bring in a lot of attention to where we are since he didn't have to go far from where he was standing to approach us, some of the trainees that has already been called out, was busy conversing with their new manager to bother with what Jiyong did or if not their attention was solely focused on Se7en as he announced the arrangement made by YG for the trainees.

I nodded at him, the heat crawling up to my face at his close proximity when I suddenly understood the meaning behind his words. 

My trainee.....................................................................

G Dragon is my manager. 

G Dragon, Kwon Jiyong is my manager. 

Really sometimes I wonder if I'm lucky or not because I have no idea if it's a good idea to have me being supervised by him who is not ONLY my neighbor but also my bias. I'm already bidding myself good luck sarcastically at trying to tame down my blush whenever I'm around him when I heard his next words, "You're so easily distracted. I really should ban you from this." he tapped the book still tucked under his arm. "Maybe you'll be able to concentrate then."

My mouth fell open in shock and I was about to retort when I hear Se7en call out my name, "Norah Spencer, you'll ba managed by Jiyong." 

Banned? From books? You're kidding right? That's my life. I can live without eating for days but reading is another thing. That was the only thing that went through my head as I stood up and followed Jiyong to where Evan and Sophia were, which wasn't that far from us who turns out to be my new trainee buddies who are under Jiyong.

Jiyong smirked at me and greeted the other two and all I could do was pout at him which Evan noticed. He grinned at me and made a motion with his eyes which was meant to show me at how unbelievably lucky we were. I have no idea how I was  able to decipher that but I did however I can't share his enthusiasm right now as I stared longingly at my book.

Brilliant, just brilliant.