Chapter 54: Jjapaguri Juseyo~

YG Auditions

 

 

Nose twitching from the leaves of the plant he is hiding behind from, Kush took out the walkie talkie Jiyong borrowed *cough*stole*cough* from the tech department of YG. He irritably pushed away the annoying fern away from his face before speaking over the walkie talkie. “I feel so god damn stupid.” He grumbled to his dongsaengs. “Hyung, I’m hiding behind a trash bin. I think you’re luckier than I am right now.” Seungri’s voice replied back to him, his annoyance still evident despite the static that marred his voice from making a clear transmission from his own walkie talkie to Kush’s. Leaning his head back a bit to look for Seungri, his eyes spotted the back of the lucky bastard who decided that it would be better if his hiding spot wasn’t in the place where Kush and Seungri were in, his two accomplices in this stalking business. Kush gave him a glare when he recalled how he was woken up this morning by that bastard just to head over to Incheon International Airport at the ungodly hour of 5 o’ clock in the morning. Who on earth is awake at that hour?!

 


HYUNG!” Kush heard the unmistakable voice of his dongsaeng, Kwon Jiyong outside his apartment door along with a series of incessant knocking on his door. Greeting the younger man with a pissed off expression on his face as soon as the door flew open, he growled at Jiyong, “WHAT?

 

Dress up. We have to go some place urgent.” The other replied, agitation ringing in his voice as he glanced at his watch. “Why? Where are we going? And is that…. Is that Seungri with you? What the is he wearing? Actually, scratch that what the are YOU wearing?” Kush started ranting at the two of them with his eyebrows furrowed in curiosity at the other’s get up. “I’ll explain in the car, just change please. Hyung we need to hurry or else we’ll be late.” Jiyong replied impatiently at him and even went as far as pushing his sunbae inside the apartment.


 

Now dressed in an all black garb much like his companions, Kush was to be found crouching behind one of Incheon International Airport’s potted plants waiting for someone in order to alert Jiyong of their presence so his (“That bastard.” Kush corrected himself.) mission on picking up that person unnoticed by the press, could take into action. And this certain someone is none other than Jiyong’s own trainee, Norah Spencer. It turns out that Norah was arriving today from her trip to Japan and Jiyong thought that it would be a nice surprise for her to pick her up in the airport despite the fact that if they were spotted by anyone, all of them would be in deep with Yang Hyun Suk.

 

Jiyong reasoned out to him as they drove to the airport that he was responsible for Norah’s safety since he promised her father and older brother that he’d take care of her. And of course this entitled him to picking her up from the airport because as Jiyong says, “You can never trust Norah to get her way around ANYWHERE since she has the worst sense of direction. How can you expect her to get back home from the airport by taxi only? No, we have to pick her up or else she’ll go missing. AGAIN.” Which is why they’re here right now hiding inside the airport: waiting for her and Seungho to arrive from their flight from Japan after assisting the 2ne1 girls in a photo shoot with Vogue Hommes Japan. The way he sees it, what Jiyong has planned in his mind is more like a kidnapping, especially with how shady the three of them are dressed. Not to mention the fact that Jiyong ordered them to stay hidden from sight even after spotting Norah so that he can sneak up on her and give her his pleasant surprise. Sometimes, Kush believes that his friend is the creepiest er ever born.

 

! I think I can see them coming!” Kush hissed to the other two when he caught sight of the two familiar figures, which just came in the airport waiting area.

 

Seungho was walking with an air of nonchalance around him while pushing a trolley in front of him that contains most of their baggage. Next to him was Norah, her own bag in hand and a large sketch pad on the other. Her sunglasses were sitting atop her head while she peered over her eyelashes to look at the taller man while they talked.

 

Their reactions to this sighting would have been comical if it weren’t for their panicked state. Seungri shot up instantly from his position behind the trash bin, then as if realizing his mistake, quickly sunk back to his knees causing them to collide against the tiled floor. Jiyong in his haste to remain hidden shoved the newspaper he was clutching near his face and by near, the paper was half an inch away from his face. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, his agitation is also apparent by the way he changes seating positions in the bench he was in. Kush on the other hand, shoved a huge lump of leaves to cover his face from being seen as if his sunglasses and cap didn’t do its purpose in hiding his face from the crowd already.

 

Jiyong - ah! Stop moving around, they’re about to seat across from you!” Jiyong froze when he heard Kush’s words from the walkie talkie in his coat’s pocket. Kush felt a presence next to him and he nearly leaped out of his own body when he saw Seungri’s curious face looming near his own. “Why is it just the two of them? Where’s Bom Noona? I would’ve thought she would be adamant in staying by her baby’s side.” Seungri muttered quietly observing the two. “I don’t know, maybe they’re going to catch a later flight?” replied Kush completely bored with what was happening. “No, usually 2ne1 would take an earlier flight to avoid attracting paparazzi if that’s the case.” Seungri replied back, as he stared at the two new arrivals in curiousity.

 

There’s a flight earlier than this?!” Kush replied to Big Bang’s maknae incredulously. “ARE PEOPLE THAT INHUMAN TO BE AWAKE AT SUCH A TIME!?” Seungri merely gave his sunbae a look of complete disdain and told him, “Hyung I swear you’re worse than Jiyong Hyung in the mornings. I have no idea why Hyung even bothered to bring you with us.”

 

I don’t know either, so quit asking me. And so what if 2ne1 isn’t here yet? Isn’t the point of this whole ed up stalking business to pick Norah up from the airport and not 2ne1? Don’t you think it would be easier to do that without the 2ne1 girls attracting more attention to the fact that we’re here picking up Norah?” Kush explained exasperatedly to Seungri whose eyebrows were furrowed in deep concentration. “I just don’t have a good feeling about this.” Big Bang’s maknae murmured, as he eyed Seungho and Norah who sat on the bench behind the one Jiyong was sitting on. The two sat back to back from Big Bang’s leader who still had the newspaper shoved in front of his face to appear inconspicuous and appeared as if nothing was amiss in their surroundings. “Why did you make me take out my sketchbook again?” Norah asked to Seungho, which the three stooges (the new nickname Norah and Bom bestowed upon them after this incident) heard clearly with Jiyong turning on his own walkie talkie so that the other two may be able to listen in on the conversation as well. “I want you to sketch the ideas you get from the style of the people around here. We didn’t have the time to do this last time because we were in a rush to catch our flight. Just sketch whatever captures your interest and then later, I’ll teach you how you can alter what you’ve drawn to new ideas, especially if you want to present it to a client.” Seungho explained patiently, grabbing the sketch pad from Norah’s grasp to open it in a blank page. Norah let out a murmur of agreement before accepting the sketch pad once more and to rummage the inside of her bag to look for a pencil to use. “Fair enough, but there aren’t many people around yet. It might be awhile before I get any inspiration though Seungho - ssi.” She said to him with a wistful glance to the nearly vacant waiting area. “Don’t wait for inspiration to come to you, Norah. Look for it.” Seungho told her with a small smirk, leaning back on the bench to relax his lanky body with one of his arms coming to rest across Norah’s shoulders. Norah snorted at his comment and gave him a sideways glance, her expression showing her disbelief at what he said. Seungho shrugged his shoulders and flicked the pencil with his free hand to encourage Norah to start sketching.

 

Is he making the moves on her?!” Seungri hissed at Kush as they observed the two from their crouched positions. “Shut up, I can’t hear them!” Kush replied to him with a scowl on his face.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll look for it, Yoda.” Norah said to Seungho with a roll of her eyes as she started drawing, glancing around the area with pursed lips before bowing her head in concentration. A chuckle came out of Seungho at her Star Wars reference. “Yoda?” He asked the girl humorously. “Well, yeah. You’re sort of like my mentor right? I’ll be Luke Skywalker.” Norah explained sheepishly to the 2ne1 stylist, who in turn shook his head at her. “You’re hardly Luke Skywalker. You don’t have the noble, victimized protagonist air around you.” Seungho said to Norah with a smirk. “Fine then.” She said as she finally looked up from her work to level his gaze with her own, challenging the older man. “Hmmm, do you know Paradise Kiss?”

 

Seungri’s phone vibrated and when he took it out to read the new message he received, he saw his Hyung’s name flashing across the screen. He opened the message to be greeted by this:

 


From: The Dicktator (Kwon Jiyon)

Received at 7:24 AM

 

WHAT THE IS PARADISE KISS?!!!?!


 

He hastily gave a reply to his Hyung’s angry text message:

 


To: The Dicktator (Kwon Jiyong)

 

I don’t know Hyung! ;_____ ;


 

“Yeah I heard about that Japanese anime from Yulia. What about it?” Seungho said, now sitting straight up in the bench, curious as to where Norah was leading the conversation. “Well there’s a character there that is nearly the same as you. His name’s George although he’s a fashion designer in the anime instead of a stylist. But he’s also sort of the mentor of the main character in the anime when it comes to fashion. He taught her everything she had to know about the fashion industry. And well, aren’t you going to teach me also what I have to know when it comes to fashion? So in that sense, you’re the George in my life.” Norah explained with a grin. Seungho cocked his head to the side, to look at Norah carefully before giving her a slow grin. “Alright then, I’ll be your George. But what’s this anime’s main character’s name?” Seungho asked her, the corner of his mouth tilting in amusement. Norah opened to reply but held up one finger in front of him instead. “Hold that thought. Lady needs to go to the powder room. I’ll be back in a sec.” She told him, standing up. She placed her stuff next to Seungho who nodded at her and leaned back once more on the bench as she walked towards the rest room.

 

Another buzz came from the phone in Seungri’s hand and he saw that he had another message from Jiyong.

 


From: The Dicktator (Kwon Jiyong)

Received at 7:32

TELL HYUNG TO GRAB NORAH’S AND MAKE A RUN FOR IT TOWARDS MY CAR. I’LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU TWO.


 

Why can’t Hyung message me without abusing the all caps option in his phone?’” Seungri wondered out loud with a sigh when he read the text. “What is it?” Kush asked Seungri at the younger man’s sigh. Seungri merely offered his phone as an answer and stood up as inconspicuously as possible with Kush doing the same after a few minutes. The two followed Norah to the ladies’ room in the airport and managed to reach her just in time before she went inside the rest room. As they followed Norah, Seungri suddenly had a split second decision on surprising his pseudo – little sister. He relayed this plan to Kush which the older man pointed out to him as a crap plan. Even with this warning, Seungri waved off the producer and mouthed to Kush, “Go!” with a frenzied hand movement and his eyes widening along with this, Kush walked away from him to walk in front of Norah as Seungri crept up behind her. Seungri grinned as he wrapped his arm around Norah and told her, “Boo!” Unfortunately for him, Norah apparently is well educated with the fine art of self defence which she put to good use by hauling Seungri away from her, as she swivelled to face him in her surprise. This caused the Big Bang singer to crouch on the floor as he nursed his bruised shin and foot, wincing in pain as Kush watched in shock, gaping at Norah’s back. He stepped back when Norah turned towards him, however he froze in shock when he noticed Norah recognizing him despite his get up. Seungri had a similar reaction when they heard the hiss of the woman above him. “OPPA?! AHJUSSI?!”

 


Meanwhile, the two men left at the waiting area were surrounded by a tense silence after the three left them. Seungho smiled to himself as he felt Jiyong’s tense presence behind him and waited for the other man to break the silence. After a few beats, Jiyong finally spoke up and said, “Shouldn’t you be bringing her home instead of taking your time at the airport? I would think, you’d let her rest from your flight since she’s been working with you for the past couple of days already.

 

I knew you were coming, so I took my time. Besides, it’s not as if she has jet lag, I didn’t think that she’d be too tired to sketch for a bit while I waited for you to reveal yourself.” Seungho replied easily, as he crossed his legs and intertwined his fingers together to place on top of his knee. Jiyong turned towards him in surprise and opened his mouth to speak but shut it instead with an exasperated sigh. “Ji, I know you even if you think otherwise.” Seungho added in amusement at his friend’s sulking. “Yeah, yeah. At least you didn’t tell her that we were planning on surprising her.” Jiyong stood up from his seat and chucked the newspaper he brought with him as part of his disguise. “We might as well follow after Maknae and Kush Hyung, I bet they’re on their way already to my car with Norah in tow.”

 

“Actually, Ji I need to talk to you.” Seungho told him, his voice suddenly turning serious. Jiyong glanced down at his friend who was sporting a blank look in his face, surprised when Seungho suddenly started talking to him in English. “What is it?” He replied back as he adjusted his cap and scarf that kept him hidden from any passerby. Seungho suggested Jiyong to sit down beside him and when he did, the question Seungho asked him caught Jiyong off guard. “What will you do when Norah’s asked to choose between fashion and music?” Jiyong glared at his friend and said in annoyance, “What the hell are you talking about?”

 

“You know what I’m talking about Ji. We both know that what Norah’s doing is only temporary. There will be a time where she has no choice but to choose between fashion and music, that’s why I’m asking you what would you do if that time comes?” Seungho retorted to him, sporting the same look of indifference when he started this conversation. Jiyong looked down at his feet and clenched his jaw before sitting up straight and crossed his arms over his chest as he answered his friend’s question. “What are you planning? Norah’s helping you and Ji Eun Noona in styling already, what else do you need? Norah’s doing both the thing she loves, why ruin that for her by making her choose?” Seungho’s reply made him whip his head in Seungho’s direction instantly. “How about this, since you refuse to answer my question, what if she decided on focusing on her work as a stylist instead?” Jiyong clenched his hands into fists under his arms but refused to show his frustration at Seungho’s question. “Why would she –”

 

“Remember, working in fashion has been Norah’s dream since she was a kid.” Seungho cut him off, interrupting as they both know, Jiyong’s denial on the possibility of Norah choosing fashion over music. “That was a long time ago. Norah’s as passionate when it comes to performing as she is in working for fashion.”

 

“Passion’s different than having talent Ji. How are you so sure that she’ll even debut? Let’s face it, Norah isn’t exactly like you or even some of the artists in YG. Are you planning on having her as a trainee all her life?” Seungho fired back to Jiyong who faced front as well, unable to look at his friend anymore. “She’s been improving ever since she started. You can’t expect her to be in top form after a year and a couple of months. She WILL debut and after she succeeds, then that’s when she’ll pursue a career in fashion. Probably by collaborating with a known fashion house or something.” Jiyong replied, trying to turn down the idea of Norah abandoning her training. Seungho scoffed at this and said, “Remember Ji, Norah’s nothing like you. When you were dreaming of becoming a musician, Norah was dreaming of becoming a fashion designer. You know for yourself that it was her dream as a kid but she couldn’t do it because unlike you, her parents didn’t support her in it. Do you really expect that she’ll be contented with collaborating with a fashion house?” Jiyong clenched his jaw once more, refusing to meet his friend’s eyes. “I don’t want to argue with you. I’m not even planning on stealing Norah away from you.” Seungho smirked when Jiyong finally looked at him in surprise, the blush on his face, giving away his feelings for Norah. “I’m just trying to make you realize that there might come a time when, handling two different things at once would be too much for her and she’ll have no choice but to choose between the two. I just want to open your mind on the fact that her decision might be different from what you want for her.”

 

It took awhile before Jiyong replied to what Seungho explained to him. His gaze was focused at the plant opposite him instead of at Seungho, as he spoke, “I understand where you’re coming from. But all I want to say is, you’re underestimating Norah’s passion for performing. She loves it as much as fashion and her decision on pursuing a career on music has as much chances as her deciding on pursuing a career on fashion. Why do you think she’d audition to YG in the first place?” Seungho uncharacteristically snorted in laughter at this, “I don’t think you know the exact reason why Norah even auditioned. man, you really are dense.” Jiyong scowled at his friend’s jibe at him and was about to retort in annoyance when a familiar voice interrupted him. “Jiyong Oppa?”

 

Jiyong looked up at this and saw Norah approaching their seat with a grin. He furrowed his brow when he didn’t see any sign of Seungri or Kush behind her as she neared the bench where he and Seungho were seated. “Oh, Ahjussi and Seungri Oppa went ahead. I told them to go on ahead before me, so I can help bring in my things. Good thing I got here just in time. You certainly took your time chatting here.” She gave out an awkward laugh after she finished her rant as an explanation for the absence of Jiyong’s accomplices, her hands twisting in front of her. “What happened?” Jiyong asked as he observed her nervous behaviour. “I might have unintentionally hurt Seungri Oppa.” She mumbled at him in guilt with a bite of her lips. He shook his head in amusement and stood up to console his trainee with a pat on her head. “Let me guess, he did something really stupid like sneak up behind your back which is why you hit him?” Jiyong asked, his mirth evident by the tone of his voice and the tilt of his lips. Norah puffed out her cheeks and nodded solemnly, while giving her manager the most apologetic expression she can do. He flicked her forehead and took hold of the trolley containing Norah and Seungho’s bags as he told the two, “Come on, I brought my manager’s van with me. I’m positive Kush is at his wit’s end with Maknae’s whining.” After Norah gathered her things, she surreptitiously looked around the empty waiting area as she followed Jiyong who was making his way out of the airport already. When Jiyong noticed her lagging behind, he stopped walking and turned towards her, “Hey, hurry up. I didn’t ask Hyung’s permission when I borrowed the van. He might find out and tell Hyun Suk Hyung.”

 

“Don’t get offended or anything Oppa but as much as I appreciate the fact that you picked us up, you can really be an idiot sometimes.” Norah told him in a nagging tone. Jiyong gave a look of disbelief at this as he peered at her over his sunglasses. “What if someone spotted you? Then took photos of you? Boss will find out then that you snuck out to pick us up with no permission from him. Tsk. You’re lucky I already made up a lie when Seungri and Ahjussi caught up with me.” She answered him with a sigh and a shake of her head. “What’s that then?” Seungho asked Norah as they walked side by side in approaching Jiyong who was a few steps ahead them. “That I’m a classmate of yours from London, visiting Seoul and I just tagged along to your trip to Japan to help you work. And Jiyong Oppa just picked you up as a favour to you since your car is being fixed, WHICH is actually true.” Norah explained with a satisfied smile on her face when they reached her manager. Jiyong and Seungho reluctantly agreed that it was a good excuse as they made their way outside even if the former did this while grumbling at being called an idiot.

 

While waiting for Kush to bring round the van from the parking lot after Jiyong called him, Jiyong and Norah talked quietly while Seungho kept himself busy with his phone as well as observing the two interact once more. “Have you eaten already?” Jiyong asked while leaning against the trolley in front of him. Norah nodded but sheepishly admitted to still being hungry even if she finished the food provided by the airline staff from her flight. “Do you want to eat out? It’ll be my treat since I still haven’t eaten yet.” He offered to her which Norah turned down with a shake of her head after admonishing him in his bad eating habits. “You really should eat. You’ll really get yourself sick at the rate you’re going. Let’s just eat at my place, I have plenty of food left there. Maybe we can reheat the risotto I made, I’m sure it’s not yet spoiled.” Seungho and Norah didn’t miss the sheepish look Jiyong was sporting and this caused Norah to groan. “Right, who am I kidding? Of course, you guys finished it off. What did I expect when I asked you two to watch over my place?” At this she prodded Jiyong’s chest with a mock reproachful expression on her face. “Because of that, we’re eating at your place and you’ll be cooking.”

 

“Why? We can always eat out? And Seungri hasn’t done our groceries yet!” Jiyong whined at her with a pout. “The hell he hasn’t. I know for a fact that he did it yesterday because he called me yesterday to ask what were the things I bought for you guys the last time I did your grocery. And... I’m tired. I want to doze off as soon as I eat. I can’t do that while I’m in a restaurant.” Norah reasoned out to him while tugging at a loose thread from her jumper. “We can always have it for take away. Why do I have to cook?” Jiyong grumbled to himself which Norah retorted with, “Because you owe me for finishing off my food. And I always cook for you guys!”

 

“Argh, fine. What do you want?” Jiyong muttered reluctantly with a sigh at Norah’s look of satisfaction and smug grin. “Jjappaguri, juseyo.” She asked him in a sing song voice, attempting to practice the Korean she’s been studying. “Alright, alright, I’ll cook jjappaguri.”  Jiyong conceded with a self – deprecating smile that easily turned to a fond one when Norah gave him a silly smile as thanks.

 

Seungho stared at them as they talked in hushed tones once more and shook his head in exasperation. “Blind idiot. The reason why she auditioned in the first place is just right in his face and he still couldn’t see it.” Seungho murmured to himself in disbelief. His urge at informing Jiyong of what’s staring him in the face was stopped by the arrival of the van Jiyong “borrowed” from his manager and Seungho thought to himself that it was a good thing too since he’s positive he will face the wrath of Norah Spencer if he ever spill her secret crush on Jiyong to him. Even if this WILL save everyone from the grief that they’re doing to the others at their obliviousness.

 

                                                                                                                             

 


Hello once more :)

I'm sort of on a roll here. I'm trying to make up by updating as much as I can while I have time since I'll be busy soon. :( So after this chapter, it might be awhile till the next update. When  I wrote this, I tried putting it in Norah's perspective but it didn't fit for me, so I wrote it instead in a third person's point of view. This is longer in comparison to my past update, so I hope you liked it :) I would really love to know what you think, so feel free to comment. I'm really thankful to those who subscribed to the story <3 so hello to you new subscribers!

- Rexiefauliks