Chapter 27: NUTHANG CREW

YG Auditions

 

 

“I really want to see how Spiderman would fit into the picture in the next Avengers film. I’ve read the comics when I was in High School and I really thought he would be in the first Avengers film but…” I was cut off from my conversation with Mina when Jiyong Oppa stepped in front of us. Mina, taking in slide the interruption in our conversation, greeted him by raising her nearly empty bottle of beer. “What’s up Ji?” She asked him with a smirk, as she leaned all her weight from one foot to another. “Not much noona, I was just going to ask Norah if she’s free to come with me over to where Seungho is.’ He replied smoothly with his own easy smile gracing his lips. I blinked at him in surprise. I really didn’t think that he was serious at his offer awhile ago before Seungri Oppa came. “You’re friends with Ji’s crew?” Mina asked me curiously. I tried to stammer out a reply but I was once again interrupted by Oppa, “Seungho and Norah has met already. I was planning on introducing her to the rest tonight actually. They wanted to meet her after they had a drink with her older brother.” At this new found knowledge about Ely’s past times while I trained during his vacation here in Korea, I narrowed my eyes at Jiyong Oppa and he in turn ignored blatantly my attempts at making eye contact. Mina, shrugged and gave me a smile before bidding goodbye and leaving me with my manager. “I’ll see you around Norah.”  She told me with a nod. When she’s far enough from the two of us, I closed in on Jiyong Oppa and inquired through gritted teeth about what he meant when he said that Nuthang Crew had the (mis) fortune of meeting my older brother. He looked amused at my annoyed state and explained his new revelation. “What? You were busy with your training with Dara noona and he was bored. I was going to meet with them with Teddy Hyung and Kush and it would be rude to not invite him since he was there when I told the other two about my plans. So I asked him to join us. It was just a couple of drinks and nothing eventful happened that afternoon.” He ruffled the top of my head which grated on my nerves even more but the next sentence he uttered caused me to punch him in the arm harshly. “Don’t worry, he didn’t reveal any horrific secrets that you’re keeping from us. Like your sleep talking and snoring.”

 

“I. Do. Not. Snore.” I grumbled at him with a furious glare. Jiyong Oppa glared right back at me and nursed his arm that I hit. “You didn’t have to hit me.” He muttered darkly. “Tsk. Forget it. Let’s just go, the others are waiting.” Jiyong Oppa turned around and walked briskly towards his group of unbelievably good looking friends with his shoulders tense. I bit my lip and cursed under my breath, realizing that I was, once again, out of line. I really should learn to control my habit of hitting people whenever I’m annoyed or any emotion that causes me to become hyper active and on edge. “Oppa!” I called after him, moving myself through the crowd with ease to follow him, since there wasn’t THAT many people invited to the spontaneous party we threw. Jiyong Oppa slowed down his walk and waited patiently until I reached him. “Sorry, I hit you Oppa.” I quickly apologized, not wanting to miss an opportunity to mend the tense situation between us even if it WAS a bit petty. “I got so used to being like that with Ely that I tend to forget that he’s different from you guys. Obviously you’re not inhuman like him so you’d still get hurt at a blow like that.” He snorted at the subtle insult to my brother and he shrugged his shoulders as a sign of accepting my apology. “For your information, I didn’t get hurt. I just don’t want a girl like you acting like such a violent person. It’s bad for the image.” He explained to me jokingly. I gave him a sound which expressed my disbelief and instead of dignifying his statement with a reply of my own, I just urged him to start moving once more to reach his friends. “Jiyong – ah! Took you long enough.” A tall man with prominent facial features called out, next to Seungho and Kush. “Sorry, had a bit of a situation with the drinks.” Jiyong Oppa replied, as he greeted his friends.

 

Nuthang Crew. I’ve heard about them ever since I became a fan of Big Bang’s. It’s simply something you’ll find out eventually in the years you become a VIP since this is the crew that GD & TOP are a part of. You’ll spot them hanging out at some place, or throwing a party not unlike this one, with pictures of these gatherings spreading like wild fire over the internet. What sets them apart from all of us though, is that they’re unbelievably good looking and talented, even those not from the entertainment business. It’s quite intimidating, and more so when you’re standing next to them.

 

“ man! I saw awhile ago what happened with Seunhyun – ah. That was epic.” Kush commented with laughter ringing in his voice. Kush slung an arm across Jiyong Oppa’s shoulder and put out his hand for me, requesting for a high five. I smirked and gave him one, listening on amusedly to his rambling of how “classic” and “perfect” Top Oppa’s expression was when I threw ice cold water on his face. “He was so ing hammered even before you came…” Cough. “.. back.” Kush finished with a slight wince when he cleared his throat. I shook my head at him in amusement and moved to grab the box of Marlboro’s in his hand to see how many he has consumed already. I whistled lowly at seeing the nearly empty pack and gave it back to him as he moved away from Jiyong Oppa and I. The man who greeted Oppa when we approached them introduced himself as Lee Soo Hyuk.

 

“You’re a model right? I think I’ve seen a spread of yours in Dazed and Confused before.” I asked him, my tone increasing as the music from the dance floor drifted towards us. He nodded in confirmation and called out to me in return, “Yeah, I was in a spread once. What about you? I wasn’t able to get your name.”

 

“It’s Norah Spencer.” I offered him my hand and he accepted it with a smile. “So you’re a trainee here?” He asked curiously when we let go of each others hand and fell in the typical dance of strangers called, small talk. “Yeah, I’m a new addition to the YG Family though.” I replied to him, as I tucked a lock of hair behind my left ear. The slight tremor in hand thankfully, went unnoticed. Like I said, it’s quite an intimidating experience to be in this crew’s presence.

 

“Right, no wonder it’s the first time I’ve seen you around. Hang on, Spencer? You’re Ely Spencer’s younger sister?” Soo Hyuk’s expression turned into surprised delight at the discovery. I gave him a resigned nod, eyeing the smirk forming on his lips. At that moment, Jiyong Oppa and Seungho joined our conversation after they finished theirs. “How is he doing? I haven’t heard from him since the last time we had a drink together.” Soo Hyuk asked me. I bit my lip as I wondered to myself what they could’ve possibly done or talked about when they met up but voiced out to the rest, “He’s fine. He’s just swamped with work which is probably why he wasn’t able to get in touch with you, Soo Hyuk – ssi.”

 

“Fair enough,” Soo Hyuk nodded to himself before tipping the glass of champagne in his hand to his awaiting lips. “I’ll just give him a call when I drop by New York next week.”

 

“Oh, so you finally accepted that modeling gig for Alexander Wang?” Jiyong Oppa asked him with a tilt of his head. Soo Hyuk shook his head, making his black hair shag a bit at the gesture. “I’m flying to see a couple of friends. I need to take my leave anyway. It’s been awhile since I’ve gone to SoHo.” His tone ended out sounding wistful and nostalgic as he replied to Jiyong Oppa. Seungho draped an arm across the high table next to him, with his fingers toying with the stem of his empty glass of Moet when he asked Soo Hyuk, “How long will you be there? I might drop by and look for new outfits that the girls might use in their next comeback.”

 

“Two weeks the most, since I’ve got a new drama set out to start filming soon. Ring me when you get there and let’s go back to that bar near Central Park when we see each other. I missed that.” Soo Hyuk replied. “Hang on, I need to get another bottle of Moet from the bar.” He threw a small smile at me and moved away from his friends to head towards the bar. Seungho took out his phone after this, to check up on new messages which gave Jiyong Oppa an opportunity to continue our conversation from before about my sketchbook. A topic that I was amused he was keen on discussing. It’s not such a big deal really, my sketching wasn’t any well kept secret either, so I don’t get why he’s so worked up about it. “You never told me that you sketched or even designed clothes.” He told me, his body slightly facing mine, showing me his determination to have this conversation. I decided on being cheeky and playfully replied, “You never asked.” To which he glowered at. “You’ve had too much to drink already.” Jiyong Oppa said, grabbing the beer bottle from my hands but I let out a whine and held onto it. “I can handle my booze Ji.” I huffed, his nickname that only his friends use, slipping from my mouth unintentionally as I try to remove his grip on the neck of my beer bottle. My eyes flew to his when it dawned in my head what I did and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow directed at me as he looked down at me. Damn him for being tall, I swear how he looks like on the telly is so ing misleading. He’s nearly as tall as Tabi Oppa. “Sure you can handle your booze. When was the last time you had a decent drink again?” He challenged, letting my slip of tongue pass. I mulled over this but my hand still held on steadfast to my beer just in case he decided to take it away again when I’m distracted enough not to notice. “The day before I left for Seoul?” Was my final reply to his query, ending as a question instead of as a confident answer. He shook his head but never broached the topic again and instead went back to the issue of him being clueless at my other favorite past time apart from reading. “Since when did you sketch?” He asked casually taking out his own pack of cigarettes which I glared at. “What? It’s my first time to take a drag for the entire day, give me some credit.” Jiyong told me defensively with a Marlboro cigarette dangling from his lips. He started patting his pockets to look for a lighter, when Seungho approached him offering his own. I rolled my eyes and answered him as patiently as I can, while I watched him inhale and exhale the cigarette with practiced ease. “I’ve started drawing since I was a kid. I think all of us did at that age but I started designing clothes as a hobby when I was in fourth grade. I fell in love with fashion at that time when I watched a runway show from the telly.”

 

Seungho settled right next to Jiyong Oppa, listening in on in my explanation, just as interested at it as his friend was. “Have you let a designer see them before? Because I’ve seen them and I was already listing what I plan on buying from the ones I got to see.” Jiyong Oppa told me humorously. I smiled bashfully at his offhand compliment at my sketches and I’m pretty sure if it weren’t for the dim lighting, the redness of my ears would already reveal how pleased I am at his words. I shook my head and said, “I never really had an idea how to exactly that time and by the time I was old enough to do know about it, I’ve lost hope that it would get recognized. There are so many competition out there. And besides my Dad isn’t very supportive about this particular career. He said it wasn’t stable enough.”

 

That last sentence hung in the air awkwardly because neither men commented at all to my explanation but instead, are sporting looks which would mean that they were thinking carefully. Finally Jiyong Oppa looked at me once more and gave me a reassuring smile, “No point in crying over spilt milk. You’re training right now to become the next money maker of YG. Maybe in the future, you can start all over again.” He said this in a playful tone and I merely nodded in agreement with doubt lingering at the back of my head.

 

I guess it is time that I let go of my dream to become a fashion designer and focus on what I do have right now. However, moneymaker? I’m not exactly the best trainee YG has seen, in fact I might be the worst. But if Jiyong Oppa really thinks I could do it then maybe I can.

 

My thoughts were disrupted with Soo Hyuk calling out my name to offer me a glass of Moet that he poured out for me. “You need a change of drink. Beer can get stale when it’s the only thing you drink.” He told me, filling up his own glass halfway and proposed a toast to all of us. We toasted and sipped the chilled alcoholic drink simultaneously. In no time at all, we all fell into an easy conversation about New York, recounting our respective experiences with the “City that Never Sleeps”. My career in the fashion industry never to be brought up again that night.

 

 

 

 


 

Hello! This is Rexie :) it's been quite some time since I last made an update T^T but I've been busy. I have been writing though and coming up with new ideas for this story but to be honest I'm quite sad. I really love hearing your comments (bad or good) about the story I'm making. I hope I get to hear from you soon :) I'll try my best to update more often and more will be coming soon for the story :D

 

- Rexiefauliks