Chapter 57: Fashion Killa

YG Auditions

 

Why is it that every time I need a decent looking outfit, my closet decides to hide all of my nice clothes, and only displays the ones that makes me look like an old maid or a hobo? WHY? I growled under my breath in annoyance as I rifled through my closet in my desperation to look for a nice outfit I can wear for today. I took out a printed button up polo shirt that was passed on to me by my grandfather and eyed it in distaste before throwing it over my head, along with the rest of my clothes that wasn't good enough, not really caring where it landed in my room.

I mean, it's not like I'm going out on a date today with the first guy who thought, "Hey she's sort of cute, why don't I ask her out?"

Oh wait…

I am!

Maybe if I'm desperate enough, Narnia will appear at the far end of my closet so I can hide there and shoot arrows and be the daughter of Eve to lead them to some war or whatnot. I'm sure leading talking animals to war is much better than turning up for a date wearing a button up shirt that was previously owned by your grandfather and a pair of jeans that's probably more ancient than that.

"Hey Norah, Mina just texted me asking if you saw her hard drive? She might have - what are you doing?" I snapped my head to the sound of Jiyong's voice as he sauntered inside my room, phone in hand and Jolie at his heels. A glance over my shoulder showed me the look of confusion Jiyong was sporting while I mulled over his question about Mina's hard drive before he was distracted by the mess that I created in the span of a few minutes. "What hard drive? Is it the one that she recently bought?" I asked him as I resurfaced from my closet, a pair of leggings fisted in my hand and my hair in disarray. He ignored my reply and asked me another question instead as he surveyed my room which looked like it was hit by a tornado. "Are you packing or something? Why are your clothes all over the place?" He started cautiously walking across the room, careful about not stepping on some of my clothes that were scattered all over the floor with Jolie trailing after him, not as mindful as her master about the clothes strewn all over the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows at his question and turned back around to resume my hunt since it was obvious that Jiyong would be staying for awhile if he’s starting to interrogate me about the state of my room instead of getting an answer to Mina’s question. Maybe he can help me out, considering he does brag a lot about being a fashion icon and all. "Nope. I'm just looking for a decent outfit to wear today but it looks like my closet hid all of my nice clothes today." My explanation ending with a huff and a scowl when I was still unable to unearth anything passable to wear for today, only old t - shirts and questionable looking tops. "Why? Are you going out or something?" He asked me curiously by my bed where I noticed him settle down with Jolie curled up by his side. My hands stilled for a moment and the moment’s pause gave me time to think over if I should tell him why I really want to be dressed up today or not.

"No reason." I told him finally, in an offhand manner, resuming my task of rummaging through my closet. "I just want to dress up for my day off."

"Wait." Jiyong gave out a mock gasp and I looked at him over my shoulder to see what got him reacting this way. "Are you telling me that you're actually willing to spend your day off OUTSIDE instead of sleeping in or watching movies or reading your books?" His eyes narrowed at me suspiciously as he said, "Are you on drugs?" I glared at him and grabbed the nearest clothing item I can find and flung it to his direction, the black Hogwarts hoodie smacking him right on the face at the impact, to my satisfaction. He still laughed though, much to my annoyance, despite the fact that I concentrated all my strength into throwing that hoodie to him. "Seriously though, where are you going if you’re going through all this hassle just to dress up?” Jiyong asked me when he managed to push away my Hogwarts hoodie off his face and use it as a sheet for his dozing Chinese Sharpei. “What? Can’t a girl dress up for fun?” I retorted to him indignantly, my focus once more directed to my clothes when I thought I saw a cute printed jumper somewhere inside my closet. Now if I can just grab hold of it and pull it out of this mess, I might finally put together a decent outfit for later.

“I’m always on sweats everyday. I want to dress up for a change since I’m going out. I don’t want to look like I’m going to the gym while I shop today. Not everyone can pull off the high fashion sweats look like some people.” I added after awhile as an explanation, smirking at Jiyong over my shoulder at this comment until I faced the mess that is called my closet in front of me once more. When I tugged out the jumper, I frowned at the paint stains splattered all over the front before dropping it to the floor with a sigh. Fortunately, by pulling out that jumper, I saw more nice looking clothes inside my closet and in no time, I saw something I definitely liked. I made a triumphant noise as I spotted a piece of fabric that I was all too familiar with and tugged it from its position under all the old t – shirts and jean shorts I owned, making this pile topple down from the closet to land in a pool of clothes at my feet. I whirled to face Jiyong and pressed the black faux leather skirt to my hip to show him my successful find. “What do you think?” I asked him, a grin gracing my lips while Jiyong eyed the skirt I showed him. I didn't wait for his reply though and started wondering to myself out loud if the skirt still fits me after months of not wearing the skirt as I raised it at eye level to see what I can do with my successful find. I continued on babbling to myself, now about what I can use as a top to match with the chic looking skirt that I scored during one of my online shopping rampages back home when Jiyong cut me off. “Aren’t you dressing too nicely for a day out at Myeongdong? Can’t you just wear a pair of jeans and a sweater like you usually do? Why wear a leather skirt? It’s freezing outside.”

I stopped abruptly whatever I was talking about and blinked furiously at him when Jiyong’s suggestion registered in my head. To be fair, Myeongdong is one of the places I frequent in Seoul whenever I have free time because I get a lot of bargains for the clothes or pieces of fabric that I buy, which is why it isn’t surprising that Jiyong thought I was headed there for the day. Not to mention the fact that shopping by myself doesn’t really require me to channel Heidi Klum on a red carpet event. I’m not usually someone who dresses up to impress when I’m out by myself hence Jiyong’s confusion at my choice of clothes. I gave him a sheepish smile and confessed to him the real reason why I was dressing up so nicely today, despite my hesitation when he first asked me. No point in hiding the real reason since he's bound to find out from CL and the others anyway.

“So you’re seeing Sehun today for your second date? Are you planning on making his nose bleed?” Jiyong asked me with a frown when I held up a printed crop top along with the skirt to show him what I was planning to wear for my date with Sehun. “What? No! This outfit looks cute you know, plus, I’ll look really chic in it with my hair down.” I replied defensively as I surveyed my pile of shoe boxes to see what I can wear to match the outfit that I finally managed to put together, no thanks to Jiyong. So much for being my fashion guru for today Jiyong Oppa. Tsk. However Jiyong’s frank statement of, “Not to mention you’ll look like a cougar next to Sehun and the fact that your legs will turn into popsicles with the weather outside. Yeah sure wear a cropped topped and a skin tight leather skirt so you’ll feel uncomfortable the entire time.” made me gape at him in horror, any thoughts of shoes forgotten while I gape at my manager. Jiyong gave me a challenging look as he leaned against my headboard and as I second guessed the outfit I was planning on wearing. “Will I really look like a cougar next to Sehun?” I asked him with a puff of my cheeks while I sat at the opposite end of the bed with a slump of my shoulders. He gave me a shrug and I glanced down at the skirt and top in my hands dubiously, picturing myself looking like Courtney Cox in the clothes I was clutching. “Unless Sehun decides to wear something that would match to your outfit.” He added to his silent reply in his attempt to assure me but I frowned at him when he finished his statement. “But then again I think he’d need the help of his stylist to do that.”

“Sorry if not everyone’s taste in fashion can match yours.” I muttered at him followed by a roll of my eyes when I saw him give a dramatic sigh and tell me that it was so difficult bearing the responsibility of being a trendsetter for people who has no real taste in fashion. “Really Jiyong Oppa? Really? Do I have to remind you about what you were wearing when you were –” Whatever I was about to say and show him in my phone was cut off when Jiyong lunged himself in my direction, one hand covering my mouth and the other snatching my phone away from my grasp right as I was about to take it out of my pocket. “Where the hell do you even get those pictures and videos?” He asked me darkly as he resumed his position on the bed while sorting through my saved photos to delete his pre – debut photos I saved to annoy him when he’s nagging me about training and my obsession on books or annoying me in general, like right now with his comments about Sehun's lack of style and me looking like a cougar next to my date. “The internet.” I told him, smiling sweetly at his scowl as he continued on deleting photo after photo, grumbling under his breath while doing so. “Delete them if that makes you happy but just know that years of downloading from the net taught me to back – up my files. And I won’t tell you where I stored all those photos and do you remember that clip of you singing in a musical during middle school?” Jiyong quickly looked up from whatever he’s doing and shot me a look of disbelief. I gave a sideways glance and leaned forward to mock whisper to him that it was safely backed – up as well, even if he deleted it from my hard drive right after I pulled a prank on him that involved that particular video and the YG Building’s LED screen at the entrance of the building. He glared at me and muttered about revenge on me one of these days which I waved off easily. “I’ll stop showing embarrassing photos of you if you help me out today? So truce?” I told him with an incline of my head in the direction of my messy closet as a way of explanation.

“I don’t know what to wear. I mean, this is my second date in my entire life, what the hell am I supposed to wear? Do I dress up? Or should I just dress casually? I promise I’ll stop with the photos and videos, I won’t even prank you anymore, just help me out. Please?” I pleaded with him, jutting out my lower lip in a pout which Jiyong eyed warily from his side on my bed.

I watched as Jiyong glanced at my phone in his hand then towards me before landing on my closet, the debate in his head apparent by the way he pursed his lips in thought. As he looked down once more on my phone, he finally answered my offer. “Fine, I’ll help out. But delete everything ok? Photos AND videos. AND!” I bit my tongue to stop myself from talking just in time, before I was about to give out my promise to him. “You can’t complain to whatever I’ll pick out for you. You said so yourself that you have no idea what to wear and I do, so don’t question whatever I choose for you, understood?” I nodded at him and my eyes followed Jiyong as he stood up from my bed to approach the messiest part of my room. His eyes scanned the various piles of clothes scattered around my floor with his arms crossed over his chest. “Ok, before anything else young Padawan,” I don’t know if I want to scowl or grin at his use of a Star Wars reference with regards to my lack of knowledge on proper date attire, so instead I just raised an eyebrow at him and waited for him to finish what he was going to say. “I need to know what you guys are planning on doing for your date. And where you’re going exactly, so I know what outfit you should wear.”

“Well we’re going to Hongdae –”

“Where in Hongdae?” Jiyong asked me, cutting me off mid – explanation as he took out his phone to type something up. “Oh, and Mina says it isn’t her new hard drive, it’s the one that’s completely covered by stickers. She said that she thinks she left it at your place when she visited you.” Thrown by the sudden change of topic, I tried to follow Jiyong's line of thought to reply to him despite my bewilderment. “Can you text her that it’s not with me. I’m pretty sure she placed her hard drive back in her knapsack before she left my place. She might’ve just misplaced it at her studio or something. And we’re meeting up in aA Design Museum for coffee and then we might just mill around the place before it gets crowded with people since you know, some of his fans are crazy and might figure out that he’s seeing someone if someone spots us in public. If that happened, I might die before I even get to debut.” He continued on typing, only stilling in what he was doing to ask me a question before resuming what he was doing. “Are you going to a restaurant afterwards for dinner?”

“Not that I know of. Like I said, we’re just going to hang out at Hongdae before it gets packed with people. I might come home an hour or two before dinner afterwards.” I replied absent mindedly while he continued texting Mina or whoever, his thumb moving quickly over his phones' keypad. After a few seconds he pressed a button in his iPhone to send the long text message or messages before he shut if off, to pocket it. “An afternoon out at Hongdae, to have coffee and to possibly go thrift shopping. Something casual will do but it has to look classy not lazy.” Jiyong muttered to himself as he walked slowly while picking up a couple of clothes to survey it before he moved on to another pile of clothes. I glanced to my left to check on Jolie who was still buried under the Hogwarts hoodie Jiyong wrapped around her curled up position in my pillows as Jiyong continued to search through my clothes. Instead of watching his progress, I lied down on my bed and stared at my ceiling with my hands pressed at my stomach until Jiyong called my attention to show me what he found for me to wear. I raised my head from the bed and peered down at him to see Jiyong holding up what looks like to be an all gray ensemble that consisted of a light gray button up shirt, a gray tweed blazer and a pair of dark gray skinny jeans. “I look so monochromatic.” I commented to him as I sat up from my prone position on the bed while Jiyong approached me to lay out the clothes he grabbed from my closet at my bed beside me. He ignored this though and instead started instructing me on how I should wear the clothes he picked out for me. “Tuck in the button up shirt and wear a black belt. Then roll up your jeans until it reaches the middle part of your shin. Wear your black brogues or loafers and those Grafik Plastic glasses with the large frames. Also, don’t forget to wear your hair down.”

“Doesn’t this look too office – y?” I asked him as he sat down at the other end of the bed, the clothes he chose, laid out in between the two of us. He furrowed his eyebrow at this and shook his head at me. “It’s either that or you wear a jumper. And let’s face it, a blazer is easier to take off than a jumper when it gets too hot.” At my dubious look Jiyong pointed out to me that I wasn’t supposed to question his choices. “What do you want to wear then?” He asked me in a challenging tone which ended in a scoff when I told him I want to wear a dress or a skirt with a top for my date. “What?! I can wear tights underneath like Karen Gillan. She does it all the time at Doctor Who and in real life and it looks cute.” I told him defensively. “Yeah, that’s cause she has the legs to pull it off.” He retorted easily, which made me scowl at him when he ended it with, “And you don’t.”

I looked at the outfit he put together for me once more and sighed in defeat. “Alright, alright. You’re the expert after all. So should I have light make – up then?” I asked him, as I collected the clothes in between us to fold properly and place into a pile by the foot of my bed. “Mhmm. Oh, I forgot use a bright colored envelope clutch with it so there’s a bit of color to your outfit.” He added to me, his focus now directed at his dozing dog, a hand rubbing Jolie’s tummy repeatedly much to the Sharpei’s enjoyment. I stood up from the bed and began fixing the mess I created while Jiyong lounged at my bed with his dog, his phone out once more as he replied to a message he received.

“What’ll you be doing today?” I asked him curiously out of nowhere since despite the fact that he’s done helping me out with my outfit, Jiyong’s still at my place instead of being at work or someplace else. For a moment I thought he looked alarmed at my random question but in a flash his expression was schooled back to a look of indifference as he texted. I shook my head slightly wondering if I’m seeing things. Maybe I should catch up on some sleep after I get back from my date with Sehun later, I’m so tired I’m seeing things.

“Nothing really. Maybe Jolie and I will apartment sit for you while you’re out on your date.” Jiyong said in reply to my question when he finished texting. “You’re just trying to find an excuse to look for where I had those photos and videos saved so you can delete them.” I as I folded shirt after shirt to place back in a proper order inside my closet. “Don’t worry. I’ll keep my promise and I’ll delete them as soon as I get home.” He narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously and I tried to look as innocent as possible to convey the sincerity of my words. “Mhmm. Sure.” Jiyong said slowly, making me giggle at his actions because he gave me the “I’m watching you” hand movement multiple times after this, until he’s satisfied that he has gotten his point across. “I got it. Delete everything. Will it make you happy if I did it in front of you?” I asked him as I picked up another pile of clothes from the floor to arrange and place back in my closet. “Yes. And I would be happier if it involves eating dinner as well. I mean, deleting photos and videos can be really tiring and we’ll need all the energy we can get to do this.” He told me with a grin as I looked up from whatever I was doing to narrow my eyes at his suggestion. “Oi, that’s just too much. I cook for you all the time.” I complained to him with a pout which he returned with one of his own. To my horror at the same time joy, Jiyong started a full on tantrum about how he’s a growing boy who needs deliciously home cooked meals and how I’m depriving him of his right to eat what he needs when I still have not relented to his request. I groaned at this but deep inside I just want to fangirl in front of him at how dorky yet adorable he is acting right now.

NO NORAH.

NO.

You are about to go on a date with Oh Sehun in a few hours. Control yourself woman. You are trying to get over your crush on this man child and you won’t do that by swooning over him whining adorably in your bed. Oh my god, he’s being so cute in my bed.

In my bed.

In.

My.

Bed.

Oh, lord.

“I’m kidding. I’ll cook this time since Jolie and I are apartment sitting for you, right Jolie?” Jiyong’s voice shook me from my internal fangirl whimpering at the display he just showed me. I tried to control my expression, so I won’t betray the fact that up until a few seconds before he conceded defeat at cooking dinner, I was having an internal war with myself about him. you Jiyong Oppa. You are such a horrible liar. You can’t do aegyo? What the hell was that then? “Wait, you’re really going to stay here?” I asked him curiously, internally congratulating myself on not acting out on any urge I have regarding Jiyong, that’s along the lines of hitting him repeatedly with a pillow for being so cute or squeezing him tightly in a hug for it. “Yeah.” He told me with a lopsided smirk as he kicked off his shoes to properly lie down on my bed, next to Jolie who drowsily blinked at her owner when he jostled her body while she was asleep. “We’ll be here waiting for you till you get back. Jolie and I will stay at your place till you delete all those photos and videos as well as have dinner with us. We’re definitely not going anywhere.” Jiyong said with a wide smile that I was becoming suspicious of. “You’re up to something.” I told him in an accusing tone which Jiyong took offense at. “Me? Of course not.” He frowned at my tone and indignantly pointed out that he was doing me a favor. “I’m watching over your place and cooking you dinner when you get home. Don’t you think you’re being too paranoid if you think I’m up to something? Do you think so lowly of me?”

“Sorry.” I said sheepishly, feeling properly chastised at Jiyong’s hurt tone. “If you had Ely as a brother, you’d understand why I’m easily paranoid about things.” I explained to him with a wry smile. “Then you understand how we feel about you everyday.” Jiyong replied to me with a smirk and of his eyebrow which I only dignified with a mature reaction. By sticking out my tongue at him before sharply looking the other direction with my eyes closed. He laughed at my antics, making me crack a smile at him which turned into a full beam when I watched his laugh die down to a dejected sigh as he looked at me fondly with a mock shake of his head in defeat. “God you’re helpless.” He told me in amusement. “Don’t you have a date to prepare for? I’m sure Sehun would appreciate it if you to arrive on your date smelling clean instead of how you smell right now.”

“Whatever. I smell fine, thank you very much.” I retorted to him as I finally finished cleaning up my mess. “By the way thanks for nothing Jiyong Oppa. You could’ve helped me clean up you know.”

“Your mess.” Jiyong said smugly as he looked for a more comfortable position in my bed, his body ending up lying on his side to spoon Jolie. I raised my eyebrow as he snuggled against his dog on my bed on my way out to the bathroom, my arms filled with clothes and my bag of toiletries. “Aren’t we comfortable?” I commented at him from my room doorway, grinning when he looked up from his phone where he was busy scrolling through photo after photo on his Instagram account. However before he can reply to my comment, Jiyong was alerted to a new text message that made him smirk as he read it. “Norah, I’ll just pop out for a bit. Then I’ll come back before you leave, I just have to check something.” Jiyong told me as he stood up from the bed, throwing me off guard for a bit at his sudden change of plans. “I won’t take long so I’ll leave Jolie here till I get back ok?” He said as he moved past me without waiting for a reply. I stared blankly at my front door seconds after he shut it behind him in my confusion, my things still clutched to my chest on my way to the bathroom. I wonder what the hell was that all about? He’s acting really dodgy. But instead of mulling over Jiyong’s weird actions, I shrugged to myself and went ahead with my shower. I won’t look decent by just staring off into space and putting on making up takes time so I might as well go about my business instead of wondering to myself. I have a date to prepare for.  

But as I was about to enter inside my bathroom, my front door opened once more and I peeked my head out to see just in time, Jiyong placing one of his favorite Thom Browne dark gray cardigan at my couch before calling out to me to wear it instead of the blazer he chose for me. However, before I can react to anything he said, he went out of my apartment just as quickly as he entered it with a promise of returning. I shook my head and went about my shower where I definitely did not think about how weird wearing Jiyong Oppa's favorite cardigan on a date with a guy who I was hoping, could help me get over my crush with Jiyong. 

Nope. Not weird at all. 


Hey guys!

Another long update for you guys :D I hope you like it! This is the first part of Norah's date with Sehun, which I started with Norah's PoV. The second part though would be in Jiyong's PoV and I can't wait for you guys to read the antics that Jiyong gets up to during Norah's date XD thank you so much for reading and subscribing <3 you don't know how much that means to me and I would really love to hear what you guys think :D

Also if you want to check out my idea for Norah's outfit:

Norah's choice: TOP, SKIRT

Jiyong's choice: OUTFIT, CARDIGAN

And this chapter's title is care of A$AP Rocky's song, Fashion Killa, which is on repeat on my iPod right now.

- Rexiefauliks