Chapter 37: Drunken Ramblings to Confusing Musings

YG Auditions

 

.
.
.

I, Kwon Jiyong, am undeniably and totally ed. I knew I shouldn’t have accepted those drinks my so called friends kept offering me during Dae’s party.


I'm drunk and it knows no end. Well at least for now, as the damn corridors keep on moving and spinning like in that film with Leonardo DiCaprio. Deception was it? Or was it called Conception?


I huffed, stopping in my tracks as I tried to recall the film's title. Days passed (although in reality it was only a few seconds) until I finally figured out what it was. "INCEPTION!" I cried to no one in particular while I dragged my intoxicated and tired body from the elevator to my apartment door. I slumped against a random door and looked sideways at it. I blinked twice and smiled when I discovered it was the door leading to MY condominium. I shifted from my position and stood up straight to punch in my key code on the padlock at the door. The door remained stubborn and refused to open when I attempted to go inside. "Huh, I thought I changed my key code a few weeks ago to Gaho's name." I wondered to myself but instead on dwelling too much on the matter I just punched in my previous key code with some difficulty which was my birth date. I know lame but come on, none of my fans knows I live here and if they did, what moron would use their birth date as his password? G Dragon isn't stupid to do THAT and my fans knew that. They’ll never think that I’d use it as my password.

• • •

"Er." My face contorted to a grimace thinking if I just insulted my own intelligence but decided against it seeing as acquiring a headache at this late in the evening (or was it morning?) even before my hang over kicks in isn't appealing to me despite my inebriated state. After pressing enter, I heard the door's lock unlatch that allowed me entry to my home sweet home. I quickly headed towards my bedroom, wanting to sleep off my throbbing head and to forget all the embarassing things I did this night.

It didn't take long for me to reach the bed and promptly collapse on top of it without bothering to change in more comfortable clothes before sleeping. The last thing that registered in my head before I drifted into a deep and completely dreamless sleep was the face of Norah next to me. But instead of questioning the reason behind why she was asleep on my bed, I just simply closed my eyes and let my consciousness slip away from me.

Soft and warm. That's the feeling that envelopes me as I wake up from my deep sleep. My face was buried in something warm and smells absolutely amazing and I can't help nuzzling my face in it even more. My half conscious state was enjoying this morning after, any signs of feeling sick nor a throbbing head were completely non – existent, but was replaced by this great feeling of being warm and content. However as I grew more accustomed to my surroundings, I am slowly realizing that I wasn't cuddling with any of my pillows nor am I in MY room considering for one, my room is painted in plain white and not in creamy yellow. As soon as this bit of information registered in my alarmed head I raised myself from my prone position and looked down. My eyes widened when I was met with the sleeping face of one of my trainees, Norah. I gulped and quickly shifted away from her which caused her to shift in her sleeping position from lying on her back to her front. I sat up on the edge of the bed while rapid questions of what happened the previous night flitted through my mind like gunshots. "Did we -" I thought but quickly stopped this line of thought in horror. It can’t possibly happen. Besides she wasn't at Dae's party, it wasn't possible. I glanced down at myself and not one item of clothing from last night was missing from my body, even my shoes were still on. But still, just to make sure, I slowly faced the sleeping girl and raised the comforter covering her torso. I exhaled loudly when I saw that she was wearing an oversized shirt and a pair of loose track pants. I dropped the comforter back to her shoulder after confirming this but didn't face the opposite way and instead observed my sleeping bedmate. One of Norah's hands was tucked underneath the pillow her head is lying on top of while she slept on her front. Her pink lips were slightly parted and her eyelashes were fanning across her tanned cheeks. For some reason the same warmth I was feeling awhile ago spread through my body as I watched her sleep peacefully. But it wasn't the right time to be watching a sleeping Norah especially since I'm positive she'll freak out if she finds out I acted out as her temporary Teddy Bear last night. With that I quietly stood up from my position and headed out of her room. When I was finally out of her apartment, I gave her lock a long look, recalling with some difficulty that after attempting to punch in Gaho's name first which is my condo's key code, I attempted to punch in my previous key code which was my birth date. My eyebrows furrowed, wondering why on earth she would use my birthday as her key code to her apartment's lock. I tried it again after a moment's hesitation and was surprised to see that this time, it didn't work. I tried it again and again but to no avail, the lock won't unlatch like it did last night. I gave a slight shrug when I found it pointless to check once more and went inside my own condominium to bathe and change my clothes since I have work today. Not to mention I have to make a few calls to certain people who thinks it’s funny to get me inebriated. At least more drunk than I planned to be at the start of Daesung’s party. Starting with maknae who is probably now on his way to the airport to catch his flight going to Japan. I hope he has a worse morning than I did.

 


 


"Well aren't we in a good mood today?" CL said to Norah who was humming a happy tune as she sat by CL. My attention from the laptop in front of me wavered as my ears perked up when I heard this. "Mmmm." Norah replied to CL with a lazy grin. "I slept like a baby last night. It's like the best sleep I've ever had." One of my brows rose in question at this, wondering if the reason behind her peaceful slumber is because she unknowingly spent it in my arms. "Sure, make me miss sleep more. Why don't we let little Chaerin feel more tired by telling her how she slept like a baby last night while she's busy with dance rehearsals for her next come back." CL commented sourly to her friend. Norah's snort was the reply I heard from my position at the opposite end of the recreational area near the studios.

I was lounging here while looking up some stuff online and updating my Me2day and Twitter account, when those two girls strolled in from their respective schedules. With CL taking a break from dance practice for 2ne1's upcoming comeback, and with Norah just arriving for her training from her place. "Sorry, sorry." Norah told CL with a slight giggle, trying to appease the 2ne1 leader that had me trying to repress my own smile for some reason. Weird. "But I'm positive you're grumpier about the fact that you haven't seen Y- CHAERIN THAT HURT!" She growled at CL the last part and I looked up from my laptop to stare at the two curiously. CL was blushing furiously and was glaring at Norah who was nursing her shin. "Sorry, I've been getting this really bad twitching problem in my leg after I pulled a hamstring from practice this morning." CL explained to the other girl with a sideways glance at me. Norah merely glared at her and hissed something that I couldn't hear which prompted CL's leg to automatically kick her other shin much to Norah's annoyance. "OW CL DAMNIT!" She screeched.

Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but they look so obvious. I have a nagging feeling that CL's behavior has got something to do with my best friend, Youngbae. They haven't told me anything yet but I'm positive that CL's the secret girl Youngbae's busy with for the past few months. Don't ask me how I found out, I just have this unexplainable link and intuition when it comes to him. Must be all those years of being the best of friends.

Ok you caught me. I stole his phone while he was working out and read his texts unashamedly at the locker rooms. I never knew Youngbae could be so mushy and at the same time. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I HAVE THOSE TEXTS SAVED AT MY OWN PHONE FOR BLACKMAIL TO YOUNGBAE. I AM SO HAPPY. Cough. I'm happy that my friend has finally found someone special in his life an not because I can use this to get what I want during arguments. Definitely not that. 

"Sorry, I really have to get this checked out." CL told Norah with a fake apologetic smile gracing her lips while her eyes read, " talk more and my leg will connect with another anatomy of your body." I looked down once more to read the comments my fans left at my Me2day account to hide my repressed laughter from them. Oh, how blissful and awesome it would be, to see Chaerin and Youngbae's look when I drop the bomb that I know that they're dating. I was distracted once more though when a phone started alerting the entire room and its residents (the three of us) of an incoming call or message. When I looked at the two through my bangs, I saw Norah flipping open her phone and answered her call with an alarmed expression. The ringtone was a standard one so the other caller must be an unlisted number because Norah has customized a corresponding ringtone for each of her contacts in her phone. I really should steal her phone as well and changed that damned Power Puff Girls theme song as my ringtone on her phone. Should I change it with my recording of Seungri's snoring? Or maybe I should ask Ely a favor and have him record their father’s voice, scolding her to answer her phone. That would certainly get that girl’s attention.

"I'm on my way! I'm sorry it slipped my mind!" Norah said to the other person on the line. That must be Jae Wook Hyung calling her about dance rehearsals, considering the fact that she DID come in late this morning for her training with Dara Noona which the older girl cancelled because Norah was still not present in the office and she had her own rehearsals with 2ne1 to focus on. I really should teach that girl a lesson about punctuality. I can already hear Boram Hyung and the whole YG Family including the staff laughing at this. Me? Teach someone about punctuality when I arrive late to my own rehearsals? PSHH HAHAHA.

(-_______-)

"Yah! Norah where are you going?" CL called out to Norah who was nearing my end of the recreational room which was near the door leading to the corridor outside. "I have to go CL baby!" Norah called out to her while she pushed open the door after a quick bow to me when I looked at her curiously. "What about your stuff?!" CL asked her incredulously. Norah halted at the door which was halfway open already, "Can you just hold onto it for awhile? I can't lose any more time." Norah pleaded with a pout on her lips. My eyes widened a small fraction when my gaze zeroed in on her lower lip jutting out and had the urge to grab her wrist and pull her towards me to press it against my own. Thankfully no one noticed this momentary shock passing through me and I was left alone with CL after she told Norah that she'll place it on her locker for safe keeping while the other was out. "Tsk." Came CL's tone that made me stiffen in my seat wondering if she caught onto my line of thoughts but instead of continuing on, she merely stood up and shouldered Norah's bag with her own and went out after saying goodbye to me.

When I was finally left on my own to my thoughts, I pushed away my laptop and braced my hands on my knees while I buried my face in my hands. I can hear my heart pounding and all I could ask myself is, "What the was that?"

 

Throughout the entire day my head was occupied by thoughts of Norah and my unusual reactions to her. It left me puzzled and confused especially since I didn’t want to entertain thoughts of me liking her more than as a friend. No, there’s nothing going on. I’m just feeling weird because I woke up next to her this morning. This is nothing. Unfortunately as much as I don’t want to think about her, what happened inside Teddy Hyung’s studio caused me to actually look for her making my efforts of not thinking about her futile.


"Where is that girl?" I muttered to myself as I searched for Norah in the entire YG building despite my desire to stay away from her to clear myself from unwanted thoughts that's in anyway related to lips and me locking us up in my own recording studio. . And here I was saying it’s nothing. I need a drink. Or two. UGH .

When half an hour has passed since I strolled inside Hyung’s studio, Bom Noona and Teddy Hyung figured out that Norah isn’t turning up for her vocal training today since although the girl is frequently late, she usually arrives 15 minutes or less to her schedule. And definitely not past half an hour or more. Although I was wondering also about her unusual absence, I didn’t think much of it, thinking that she might’ve just been stuck in her dance rehearsals with Jae Wook Hyung and Youngbae who was helping him out today to train the trainees. Besides, Norah is one of the reasons why I wanted to work so badly today. I wanted to keep unwanted thoughts about her out of my mind which I’ll only be able to do by immersing myself in composing and producing songs. At least till I got a good rest in my own bed so I can finally say that there really IS nothing going on with me. Sadly, Bom Noona couldn’t be assured of this fact and forced me out of my seat where I was happily arranging a possible song for my upcoming album with Top Hyung while wailing about her missing baby. “If she turns up dead in the Han River Kwon Jiyong, this will be in your head.” She threatened me as she pushed me out of the recording studio to look for Norah.

"Ji?" I heard a very familiar voice call out from behind me. I turned around to see Youngbae's weirded out look directed at me. "What are you doing outside the comfort room for women?

"It's not what you think! I was looking for someone!" I hurriedly explained. Damn and here I thought that I had better blackmail material on Youngbae. Me, creeping outside the ladies' room is much more humiliating than a few mushy and texts. He cocked an eyebrow at this as if saying, "Oh yeah?" in a disbelieving manner while he crossed his arms as he waited for further explanation. Remembering that Norah last trained with him and to distract him from the embarrassing situation I stupidly placed myself in, I asked him if he knows where Norah went after her dance training. "What are you talking about? She didn't turn up for her training with me as well. Seung Hoon -ssi and Sophie were covering up for her absence until Jae Wook Hyung and I found out that she really wasn't coming in." I frowned at this and asked, "Did they at least tell you where she is?" Youngbae shook his head. "They just got a text from her saying that she won't be able to make it and asking them to cover up for her." I groaned in frustration and finally took out my phone to call her since she’s obviously not inside the building.

Norah Spencer, where the are you?

 


We're back to Jiyongie's POV. I hope you like it :) I decided to update again seeing as classes are coming soon and I might not be able to update when the time comes :D thank you for reading and subscribing! I'd love to hear what you think so comments are accepted with open arms ahahahaha

- Rexiefauliks