Chapter 22: Party Plans

YG Auditions

A week after Ely has left Korea, YG has become busier than ever especially with Seungri's upcoming comeback looming nearer as the days pass. It's currently Friday and I was making my way towards the elevator in my floor to reach the lobby downstairs and make my way to the YG Building for my assigned training for the day with Teddy Oppa. I was already inside the elevator when an expensive shoe lodged itself in between the two doors sliding to a close when I pressed my intended floor. The elevator doors slid open to reveal a freshly showered Jiyong Oppa with a new knapsack slung over his shoulder. Damn. He smells so good. Who needs breakfast when you can feast upon the sight of a freshly showered G Dragon? I tell you it's WAY better than bacon and eggs.

I bet millions of fans would kill to be in my shoes everyday just to be able to see what I see on a typical day.

"You're so creepy." Jiyong Oppa commented when he stepped inside the elevator when he took in my smug grin. His voice shook me out from my daze and I hurriedly gave him a bow and a greeting, completely ignoring his offhand comment. "Hi Oppa! Are you headed to the office as well?"

"Mhmmm." He muttered while he closed his tired eyes and leaning his slender body against the elevator's wall. I grinned at his appearance. Jiyong Oppa was never a morning person and watching him struggling to even open his eyes every morning is an adorable and amusing sight in itself. I once caught him stepping out of his car with his eyes closed which left me wondering if he drove while half unconscious and mused how on earth he managed to arrive at YG with no accidents happening if that's the case.

The elevator we were in alerted us with a, "Ding." that we were in our intended floor but before I could step out however, Jiyong Oppa grabbed my wrist and pulled me back inside the elevator while his free hand shot out from his side to press the button for the basement floor where the residents of the building could park their cars. All this without opening his eyes from his slouched position on the elevator's wall, near the buttons corresponding to the floors of the apartment building. "You're hitching a ride with me today." He murmured to me quietly when I didn't stop staring at his face even after he let my wrist go. "Thank you." I sang to him which he simply smiled at in amusement. Our trip to the basement didn't take that long and we were soon walking side by side to look for his Bentley. After another wrong turn in the dimly lit parking lot with his car nowhere in sight, I huffed and asked Jiyong Oppa to take out his keys. "Why?" He asked with his brows furrowing in confusion and his eyes blinking at me trying to shake off the sleep still seeping through his system. "It'll help us find your car faster. I promise Oppa. Press the alarm on your car's small remote." I replied, patiently waiting for him to do just as I asked which he did and his car's alarm soon alerted me of its location. Thankfully it wasn't that far from where we were standing and I pushed Jiyong Oppa's sleepy form towards his car's direction from the back. "Oppa we're here." I told him peering up at his face from his side and unsurprisingly his eyes are still shut close and in his right hand was his key, held in a loose hold. I rolled my eyes at him. Really, it isn't THAT hard to stay awake long enough to unlock your own car. I tugged at his shirt's sleeve to catch his attention and he let out an unintelligent murmur in reply. "Oppa, we'll be late. You have to unlock your door to be able to drive us there. I could drive you but then again I don't think you'd want to be a permanent resident in the nearest hospital's ICU." I murmured to him with another tug at his sleeve and finally Jiyong Oppa moved towards the driver's side of the white Bentley and unlocked it to slide his body inside the expensive leather seat. I hurriedly ran to the other side and sat at the passenger seat next to him. Fortunately enough, Jiyong Oppa no longer needed me to rouse him from his light sleeping, for as soon as I buckled myself in my seatbelt he the ignition of the car and drove out of the basement parking lot of the apartment building towards the highway that would lead us to the YG offices.

We spent the car ride at first in silence but an idea that has been plaguing my mind since the previous night made me interrupt the peace enveloping the interior of his car. "Oppa I have a favor to ask." I told him slowly, to make sure that he heard me over his engine's quiet hum as he drove. As if being doused with cold water, Jiyong gave me a glance with half lidded eyes indicating that not only do I have his undivided attention but I also managed to sober him up from his sleepy state. "What did you do this time?" He asked me wearily while he made the car slow down as we reached a red light. "Nothing!" I cried defensively, offended at what his words implied. I wasn't bad all the time, I just happen to enjoy pranking some of my friends that may or may not land me as often as Seungri Oppa does inside Sajangnim's office. Blame my genes. It's in our blood. Ely is way worse than I am and all my pranks are totally harmless. I swear. "I told you to stop putting Sajangnim's bear bricks in compromising positions whenever you visit his office." Jiyong Oppa told me with a sigh and I had to vehemently react to that. Ew, no. That is one prank I never did. Tabi Oppa maybe but never me. "I never did that Oppa for your information and I'm not in any trouble this time." I told him indignantly. "Well at least not in trouble in that way. I need help with something." I added quietly waiting for his reply at my words. "What is it?" He then asked as he made a left turn. "Well I was planning on throwing Seungri Oppa a party before he starts his promotions for his comeback." I said quietly, knotting my fingers together in apprehension. "A party? Why are you throwing maknae a party?" He asked curiously as he switched lanes after turning off his signal for it. "I just wanted him to relax even for a night before everything becomes more hectic for him than it already is. This second solo promotions for him is a big deal because he's also going to be releasing a Japanese version of his album as well as promote their on his own. I just want him to enjoy himself before all that happens." I explained simply to Jiyong Oppa who was listening attentively as he continued driving. "Norah hide for a bit, we're nearing the office and I can see a few people near the entrance." Jiyong Oppa suddenly told me and without any further prompting I hid myself by bending over my seat until I could be hidden from view outside due to the car's dashboard blocking me from view and with the help of Oppa's bag covering the upper half of my body. Jiyong Oppa really needs to have his car's windows tinted properly. I felt the car come to a halt since my face was still gazing at my worn out Converse high tops and I sat up straight once more when Jiyong Oppa took his bag from my back. "So you're asking my help to plan this party?" Jiyong Oppa told me as he faced me, continuing our previous conversation. I gave him a nod and faced him as well. He was regarding me with an unreadable expression on his face before asking me, "What sort of party are you even planning?"

"Well I was kind of hoping we could have it here inside the office since Seungri Oppa can't go out since he has rehearsals." I told him sheepishly. I didn't really give this idea much thought last night since I was hoping Jiyong Oppa could help me in this front. He IS more experienced when it comes to parties than I am after all.

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and bit his lip in thought at my words. "I guess you have a point about the location but where exactly in the building could we hold a party?" He murmured lowly and I squealed because that meant that he WAS indeed going to help me out. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him briefly. "Thank you." I sang again to him when we broke off from our quick hug. "It's for maknae right? It's no issue with me so you don't have to thank me. But onto the location first. Where could we hold a party that's large enough to let people mill around and enjoy themselves?" Jiyong Oppa asked and we sat there quietly mulling over the answer to his question. "What about the court? At the rooftop." I wondered out loud. Our gaze locked together at this and made a silent agreement that it WAS the perfect spot. "We could ask the cafeteria to prepare some food for us and I'll let Kush Hyung take care of the drinks." He murmured more to himself as he began to list down the things that we'd need. I knew asking Oppa's help was the right thing to do. "Wait, when are we exactly going to have this party?" He suddenly asked me after his mumbling. "Erm... Tonight?" I replied lamely. His look of disbelief made me explain further more. "We can't throw it tomorrow because he's going to be completely busy with rehearsals and he can't get drunk a day before his comeback stage at Inkigayo. Oppa can handle his alcohol but never, ever the hang over that comes after it." He groaned at my words and told me that I should've told this to him a few days ago instead of dropping the bomb on him a few hours before the supposed party. ", I've got a few meetings to go to for today so I won't be able to help you run the errands. I'll ask some of the others to help you. Is this supposed to be a secret?" Jiyong Oppa told me as he got out his iPhone and made his way outside his car when he noticed what time it already was in his car's dashboard. I nodded, following after his lead and stepping in after him inside the elevator. "Arraso, I'll ask Sajangnim's permission if we could use the rooftop tonight. I'll also get Kush Hyung to order the drinks right now so it could be delivered to the office as soon as possible. I'll text you what we need and look into it first and just add stuff into the list if you think I missed something." Jiyong Oppa instructed me as our ride upwards the office building continued. "I'll just update you with what's happening Oppa." I told him when I stepped out of the elevator on the third floor to head towards Teddy Oppa's studio. I was walking with my thoughts running rampant on the things that I have to accomplish for the short amount of time that I have with panic rising up inside me when I heard Jiyong Oppa's ringtone disrupt the silence enveloping the hallway I was standing in. I fished out of my bag my phone and answered his call.

"Norah-" Jiyong Oppa started with a soothing voice. "- relax. We can do this. Don't panic."

I stared blankly into space at his words that comforted my worry and doubts. "Norah?" Jiyong Oppa called out when I still haven't made any reply to his kind words. "Sorry! I spaced out for a bit there. Jiyong Oppa fighting!" I replied merrily, my spirit lifted at his comforting words. "And thank you." I mumbled the last part to him as I started walking. "Again." I could picture his grin when he laughed on the other line before telling me, "I don't know why but I just had a nagging feeling that you're having a nervous breakdown or a panic attack because you're overwhelmed with the things we have to do. That's why I called you up. Don't worry, you're not alone in this, the others will be helping us out, arraso?" I gave him an indistinct murmur of agreement and wished him luck on his meetings (most likely for endorsement deals and magazine photo shoots he'll be signed up for this coming month) before dropping the phone call. By the time our conversation were through, I was already in front of Teddy's Studio. I pushed open the sound proof door to let myself in and announce to my two sunbaes of my plans with a dramatic entrance but my plans was trumped by Momma Bom greeting me with a plea of making the party menu consist of grilled food, particularly her favorite food in the whole world, corn. I stared at her stupidly with my mouth poised to make my announcement when she did this and Teddy Oppa was busy texting while music blasted through the speakers. "How did you find out I was planning a party Bom unnie?" I asked her when I finally snapped out of my stupor. "Ji texted Teddy Oppa about it. He was telling us that you'll need help to prepare everything since it was just a spur of the moment plan, so he asked us. BABYYY LET MOMMA CHOOSE THE MENU FOR THE PARTY!!" Bom told me with her infamous puppy dog pout being put into action with my very own eyes as its witness. "Unnie we can't have a menu that only consists of corn ok? We need a variety of food that isn't hard to eat at the same time it's sufficient enough to fill our stomachs for the entire night." I said to Momma Bom as I placed my stuff on the couch and sat on the swivel chair next to Teddy Oppa. "Of course! I'll make sure we have a wide selection of food to choose from later in the night." She told me reassuringly as she plopped down on the couch with a satisfied grin gracing her features. "I'll talk to the cook right now if you want, so we could already prepare everything for this evening."

"Not so fast Bom, we still have to train her today. There's plenty of time to talk to the cook later. If I didn't know any better you have an ulterior motive as to why you're so eager to talk to the cook." Teddy Oppa reminded Bom unnie without looking up from his phone with a playful yet warning tone. Momma Bom merely rolled her eyes and tucked her hair behind her ear in reply to this. "Norah, Kush wanted to talk to you about the booze by the way. He said that we could order from Sajangnim's clubs if you want easier access. We just need Hyung's permission though." Teddy added to me finally looking away from his iPhone's screen to give me a sideways glance. "I think Oppa will talk to Sajangnim about the party after his first meeting with some representatives from G Market. I'll text him to also mention that to Sajangnim as well." I said to Teddy Oppa, grabbing my own phone in the process. "Oh! I already got Oppa's text about what we need to accomplish for the party. Teddy Oppa do you think you could take in charge of the music for the party?" I asked him while I read the short list sent to me by Jiyong Oppa. Turns out I didn't really have to accomplish complicated errands for this spontaneous party I'm planning but then again even something as simple as the sound system could turn into a complex problem if I wasn't careful. Gah. What the was I thinking suggesting this?!

"Ayt. I can do that. I might need help in bringing in the sound system to the rooftop though." Said Teddy as he pocketed his phone in his hoodie's pocket to start fiddling around with the Mac desktop for my training that morning. "Let's ask help from some of the other trainees and back up dancers for that." I told him already texting a group message to my friends on the help that I'd be in need of for this party and to remind them that Seungri Oppa must not, AT ALL COSTS, find out about what we're doing. "There! Sent!" I cried in triumph before tucking my phone away to focus on the next song I was to practice singing which is more demanding when it comes to vocal prowess than the other pieces I had to rehearse before because my ailment has slowly been cured from the process of vocal training that Tablo Oppa constructed especially for me. "Bom prepared this track for you by Ailee. It's range isn't as high as IU's but it's still pretty demanding. Let's start with the verses first before you hit the high notes." Teddy Oppa explained as he let me listen to Ailee's hit song, Heaven.


HAI :) I'm back with an update for you guys. I've been writing non - stop you see because idea after idea for stories kept popping in my head. I'll try finishing my other fics as well as continue this story. I hope you're enjoying it and thank you so much for subscribing and reading it! :D Feel free to comment and sunscribe if you haven't already :3

- Rexiefauliks