Chapter 59: Kwon Dami and Kwon Son

YG Auditions

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing here??" I asked my older sister, Dami, incredulously while she glared at me. "You don't get to ask questions. I do." She retorted to me with a pointed look. "Plus, you didn't even answer my question awhile ago. Why haven't you called me or Omma in ages?" These are the times when I sorely need Norah's expertise at lying. I may be good at getting myself out of pretty bad situations but when it comes to my mother and older sister, well let's just say that they have a wider range for sensing bull than most people especially when it comes to me. "Look Noona, I'm sorry but I've been busy. You know that. I've started producing for other artists from the company aside from my own schedule. That's why I wasn’t able to find the time to give you and Omma a call." I told her in an off hand manner, trying to play off the fact that I've been putting off calling them just so they won't have to badger me about finding another girlfriend. Again. "It won't take you five minutes to say hello and how are you to Omma. She just wants to know what's up with you. Busy my . If you're so busy what are you doing here then?" Dami replied to me in a snarky manner with a raised eyebrow. "We just came here from a meeting in the area and we thought of hanging around after." I replied to her defensively. As I said this, Dami glanced at Top and Seungri beside me who were obviously trying to tune out my older sister as she grills me with an unconvinced look. "Mhmm. Sure. A meeting." She said, unconvinced at the quick excuse I came up with. "What about you? What are YOU doing here?" I asked her pointedly to distract her when it looked like she was about to begin another tirade. "Shouldn't you be at Rare Market or something?"

 

"You know there's this thing called employees. I hire them to help me in my work so that I can take breaks like the one I just did." She easily retorted to me with a smile. "I'm on my way back to the shop anyway. I've got to go back to work like you should be doing as well since you're sooo busy." The sarcastic way Dami said this was not lost to me but I ignored this (as well as the snort of Top and Seungri beside me) because I caught sight of Sehun approaching Norah at the shop across from us. "Ji? Ji? Jiyong?? Kwon Jiyong!?! Are you even listening to me??" I looked up from what caught my attention to see Dami glaring at me menacingly with her arms crossed. "I've been talking and talking here and you're not even paying attention. What are you looking at?!" She exploded when I took another peek at the shop behind her across the street. My eyes widened when Dami looked behind her to see what I was looking at and cried, "Nothing!" which was lost on her when she narrowed eyes to look closely at Norah and Sehun who was still in front of the shop window. "Is that Oh Sehun?" She asked us curiously when she finally recognized who was at the shop across from us. “You know him? Wait. How do you know him?" I asked Dami in surprise which was returned with a look of disbelief. "I'm not that ignorant Ji. Besides my friends are crazy about their group. They talk about EXO like non - stop." She gave another bemused glance to Sehun who was laughing at something that Norah might've said. I couldn't really tell what she was saying since she was still wearing that Darth Vader helmet but it must've been ridiculously funny because Sehun can't stop laughing at her. "Ooh Jessica's going to be so upset. Sehun - ssi's taken already." Dami commented in amusement as the four of us watched Norah and Sehun. "How'd you know?" Seungri asked her curiously. "She might just be his friend."

 

"Friend or girlfriend, Sehun - ssi's obviously smitten with her. It's so obvious with the way he looks at her. It's pretty sweet." Dami answered which I frowned at, then she chuckled and added, "I can't wait to see Jessica's expression when she finds out that Sehun's dating someone." The collective "No!" and "Stop Noona!" from Seungri, Top and I startled Dami as she took out her phone from her bag. "Yah! What's your problem?" Dami asked us in irritation, her iPhone halfway out of her bag. The three of us looked at each other, desperately trying to get an idea of how we can get out of this situation we found ourselves in due to our reactions. We grimaced at her expectant look since we still can't make a reasonable explanation for our reactions when she took out her phone. "Uhh you can't tell anyone about Sehun dating someone." Seungri told her hesitantly which made Dami raise an eyebrow while Top and I glared at him. “What?? She's bound to find out anyway. Might as well tell her instead of letting the news leak out to other people." He added to us defensively, as he glared right back to us. I rolled my eyes at him and gave out a sigh before facing Dami properly to explain what Seungri meant by his ty excuse and cover up. "Noona what Seungri was trying to say is that, let's just respect Sehun - ssi's privacy and not tell others about the fact that he's dating. If he wanted people to find out, he would've already come out in the open wouldn't he?"

 

"Oh." Dami's eyes flickered back to the shop, looking pensive, before she faced me again. "Are you friends with Sehun - ssi then? I didn't know." What? "What?" I repeated, this time out loud as I stared at my older sister in puzzlement which made her clarify what she said to me although a bit exasperated. "Ji I know you. You don't really give much thought to other people even if they're idols. You don't really pay much attention to these things cause your head's so wrapped up with music and working. That is, unless they're your friends. That's when you get pretty protective over them. Like what happened with Hyuksoo's break up.

 

"What? Come on, I just said that we should respect the man's privacy. He and the poor girl would get hounded by the press and his fans. And personally I don't want to experience that. And frankly, no one should experience that.” I told her in an offhand manner which even to my ears was unconvincing especially since like what Dami said, I'm someone who only concerns themselves with their own problems or problems of his friends and family. "Sure. Whatever. But I still don't get why that had to warrant that kind of reaction from you three." She retorted with a knowing glance to Top and Seungri who were grasping for words on what to reply to Dami. "Uuh." Top said slowly. "I agree with what Jiyong said completely and we were only thinking along the same lines when we reacted like that awhile ago." The three of us were staring at Top as he said this, with Dami looking at him in amusement while Seungri and I stared at him in frustration at his lack of conviction. Finally the awkward and frustratingly lame excuses made Maknae snap. "Just give it up Hyung. I think it would be better if you told Dami Noona the truth instead of making us look more idiotic than we already are." I glared at Seungri's profile as he faced my sister and confessed the truth to her, "It's not Sehun he's worried about. It's the girl." Both of Dami's eyebrows shot up to her hairline in her surprise at Maknae's revelation before her eyes landed at me. I winced at the inquisitive expression in her face and started counting down the ways on how I will make Seungri's life end in the most painful way possible in my head after this. Death by asphyxiation sounds like a pretty brilliant plan right now. "Is that why you haven't talked to us for months?" She blurted out, her excitement clearly evident at the tone of her voice. "Cos' you already like a girl and you don't want to be set up on another date??

 

"Yes." I muttered to her darkly while I continuously pinched Maknae's side in irritation for ruining this moment's peace for me. I can't wait to hear what my mother has to say now. Not. ”And because my mother and older sister setting me up on dates makes me look pathetic and desperate." I raised an eyebrow at my older sister which she scoffed at before giving me a slight shove so she can sit between Seungri and I. Maknae's whispered thanks to my sister wasn't lost on me and I looked behind Dami to meet Seungri's eyes so he can figure out that there will be pain later when I see him after this. "Don't you have a shop to go back to?? It's way past your break already." I told Dami pointedly with a glare trying to make her leave before she claps her eyes on Norah who thankfully can no longer be seen from the shop window. "I'm the boss remember? I can take as long as I want to and besides, Sica is there watching over them." She retorted easily without batting an eyelash. "Where is she? She was the one wearing the Darth Vader helmet right?

 

"Mhmm." Top replied to her in confirmation much to my annoyance. "What?" He asked me defensively when he caught sight of the look I threw him. "Like what Maknae said, she was bound to find out anyway." I simply glared at him and muttered to myself about disloyal bastards. "What are you complaining about? They're right. I was bound to find out from someone that you're interested in someone. If not them, it would be Teddy or even your boss. Trust me, Omma is getting desperate to get you finally settled down, she would go to any lengths just to know if you're seeing someone or not. It's been what? Two years since you properly went on a date with someone? Ji you're nearing your 30s I think you'd understand where Omma's desperation is coming from. You're the only one left between the two of us who is not giving her any peace of mind." Dami explained to me simply as she narrowed her eyes towards the shop across from us to get another glimpse of Norah. Dami finally gave up from getting a glimpse of Norah when no sign of her appeared once again (she must really be in fangirl heaven if she still hasn't stepped out of that shop) and unfortunately decided to focus her attention to me. "Sooo what's her name?" Before I can reply, Seungri butted in our conversation to supply Dami information that we all know I would hold back from her even if she continues on pestering me about it. "It's Norah Spencer." Dami looked at me curiously at this before going on with her barrage of questions that were answered by both Top and Seungri much to my annoyance. 

 

"So how'd he meet Norah? Blind date? Friend of a friend? Online dating site (“Hey! I am not that desperate!” I told her in annoyance.)?

 

Nope. She's a trainee at YG. Hyung's actually the one overseeing her progress, Norah's manager of some sort."

 

Oh. Really? So how long has she been a trainee at your company?"

 

"Around two and a half years I think." 

 

"Have they been seeing each other? Like on a date?

 

Naw, they’re just friends. But they’re inseparable.” Seungri added as an after thought. “Although I don't know why exactly he hasn’t asked her out but Teddy Hyung said that Hyung's making excuses even to himself about asking Norah out. I think he's just scared it would ruin their friendship."

 

"And Sehun - ssi? What does he have to do with all this? Isn't he the one with Norah awhile ago?"

 

"Yeah. That's him. He managed to steal Norah right under Hyung's nose. He even managed to ask her out inside YG."

 

"So now those two are on a date and you three are here snooping on her?" Dami asked us slowly finally getting a grasp of the situation. "Oh Jiyong." I scowled at the amused and affectionate expression on my sister's face and instead asked my band members how they even knew about my feelings in the first place. "If you think that Teddy and Danny Hyung told on you, you're wrong. You’re not really that good at hiding it as much as you think, it’s kind of pretty obvious. We just made you think that we didn't know." Top answered patiently while I groaned to myself at the situation I got myself into. "I'm not even going to ask how it was obvious to you guys." I muttered to them in a tired voice, clearly remembering my conversation with Sophie from before. Before I can sulk, my sister disrupted my thoughts and asked, "Why didn't you tell her? I’m sure you had a lot of opportunities to do so if Seungri said is true about you guys being inseparable. Is it really because you're afraid to ruin your friendship like what Seungri said?" She looked up briefly towards Pollala Museum before facing my slouched figure next to her. "Or is it something else?"

 

I sighed and stared at my hands holding my cup of iced coffee that Top bought for me. “Well there’s that. Norah’s… well Norah became one of my best friends and I don’t want to that up.” I toyed around with my straw, refusing to meet the eyes of my sister and the two Seunghyuns who grew suspiciously quiet after my sister asked me this question. “I’m not even sure if I like her that much to pursue something more than friendship. I just don’t want to risk it you know? And besides there’s the fact that she’s a trainee and I’m her supervisor or whatever. That’s just unprofessional of me right? That’s why I didn’t tell her. Won’t tell her.” I added as an after thought. “She doesn’t deserve that.” 

 

Mmm. Ok. I get it. You’re a .” I choked on the iced coffee that I just took a sip from when I heard Dami’s reply to my confession. “What?” I asked her incredulously. “I said you’re a . Chicken. Coward.” I gave her a look of disbelief and straightened up from my position to face her properly. “I’m not a coward. I didn’t say a thing because she deserves a guy who won’t have half assed feelings for her and it would be for the better. It’s for her own good and for our friendship. That’s being a good friend.” Dami looked me in the eyes and replied in a matter of fact tone, “Yes you’re a coward. You’re scared that she’d reject you and a thousand more reasons why it could end up badly if you admitted your feelings to her. But Ji -” Dami gave me soft smile, the same one she would give me as she tells me that everything would be fine whenever I’d trudge back home tired and frustrated when I was still a trainee claiming that I want to quit and be done with the entire thing. “- there may be a million reasons why you shouldn’t get together but you know what? When it comes down to it, you just need one reason on why you should. And that reason is over there, having another date with another guy when she could be having one with you which would be leagues better than she’s having right now.” Dami leaned back against the bench where we’re sitting, with a cross of her legs as she eyed me with a challenging look to her eyes. “It’s up to you. You could be the guy snooping on Norah while she goes on a  date or you could be the guy she’s on a date with.” I sighed in frustration at my sister’s words and the situation I got myself into. Sophie told me the same thing as Dami did but it’s not that easy. I can’t just go up to Norah and blurt everything out to her face, I need to take it slowly. Step by step. Sure, the stalking thing doesn’t entirely cast me in a positive and praise worthy light but it’s something. I’m trying to get an idea on how to let her know how I feel am I not? Argh. Why does this have to be so ing complicated. “It’s not. You’re the one making it complicated.” Dami told me promptly as if reading my mind. I glared at her but before I can make a retort, Top and Seungri’s sudden reaction caught our attention. “What is it?” 

 

Oh for the love of - what the hell is he carrying?!” Top groaned, indicating Norah and Sehun who was in front of the shop window once more. Norah was still wearing the Darth Vader helmet and from our view at the opposite side of the street, she and Sehun was discussing about the huge box he was carrying. By the looks of it, it seemed like Sehun was offering to buy the box for Norah as he tried to move past her but Norah was blocking his path and was trying to dissuade him from doing so judging by the way she’s pushing him back the opposite way. “Hyung, we’re done for.” Seungri muttered to us in disbelief and horror. “I know that box. She showed me a picture of that on her Facebook. That’s the complete set of Doctor Who sonic screw drivers with Ten’s diary included.” 

 

What? What are you guys talking about??” Dami asked us in confusion, as we watched Sehun and Norah still debate over the box set he was carrying. I was too distracted however and was able to give a brief explanation to my sister about what Doctor Who was and why exactly the three of us are freaking out about Sehun giving Norah this particular box set. “Show. British. Sci - fi. Longest running. Favorite. Fangirl. Watch Blink.” I didn’t pay much attention if my sister actually understood the random words I blurted out to her since my eyes were still trained on Norah who was now trying to take the box away from Sehun’s arms. It didn’t take her too long to convince Sehun otherwise and Norah finally managed to lower the box set away from the two of them much to our relief. It looked like she and Sehun managed to find a compromise since Norah can now be seen looking for something else while Sehun watched her in amusement. Norah finally spotted something she likes and showed it to Sehun which was accompanied by a lengthy rant of some sort since Sehun was shaking his head slightly and laughing to himself while Norah continued on to point at the small box in her hands and gesture wildly while she talked with the Darth Vader helmet still on her head. Sehun cocked his head to the side with a fond smile gracing his lips while he observed Norah before him and I can somehow relate to how he feels because I get the same feeling when Norah fangirls next to me whenever I’m with her. The next thing he did however was something I’ve never done when Norah’s ranting about something (despite the thought flitting through my mind every now and then). I know that it only lasted for a few seconds but to me, it seemed to go on slow motion as I watched Sehun bring up his hands to cup Norah’s face as he leaned down to give her a quick peck through Darth Vader’s mouthpiece on the helmet that Norah was wearing. 

 

“Oh. My. God!” Dami cried in surprise at the same time Seungri muttered;

 

“Holy .” while Top cursed under his breath at this development;

 

“.”

 

Throughout this, I remained silent, gritting my teeth in annoyance and anger. At Norah, for being too goddamn adorable no matter how much of a nerd she was. At Sehun for becoming interested in Norah. And most especially for myself for being too much of a coward to do anything about it in the first place and waiting until the last minute to make any action. But today is the last straw. “Jiyong - ah.” My sister called my name worriedly when I abruptly stood up from my seat and started walking back towards the run down pick - up Seungri brought for us. I glanced back to her and gave Dami a brief smile as I beckoned Seungri and Top to follow me. “I’ve got to go ahead of you Noona. I’m sorry if I can’t stay long. I’ve got a dinner date to prepare for.” I smirked at this as I gave my confused sister a final wave before heading back to the truck with Seungri and Top trailing after me. It didn’t take long for the two to catch up to me and ask what I’m thinking. “Hmm?” I replied to them distractedly as I climbed inside the passenger seat of the pick up truck. “Nothing. I’ve got an apartment to watch that’s all.” The curious looks directed my way by my two band members wasn’t lost on me but I was preoccupied with the thought of what I’m going to do when I arrive at Norah’s apartment later to make her forget about Oh Sehun and whatever happened today.

 

Norah won’t know what hit her as soon as she steps foot inside her apartment. the excuses. You want a date Norah Spencer, well, you got one. I was momentarily disrupted from my thoughts when my phone alerted me to a text message that was just sent to me. My grin broadened when I read my sister’s text to me.

 

From: Dami Noona

 

Received 15:36

 

Kwon Jiyong you did not tell me that this girl is beautiful. I’ll tell Omma to let you off the hook. For now. If I don’t receive any invitation for a lunch meeting so you could introduce Norah as your girlfriend soon, I will march inside YG and drag Omma with me to introduce Norah myself to our mother.

 

You can do it Kwon son ;D Woochuchu

 


 

Another update for you guys :) I hope you like it!

 

- Rexiefauliks