Chapter 19: We Are Crazy

YG Auditions

Heat, unbearable smoldering heat consumed me while I stay slumbered within the confines of my thick sheets and duvet. Judging by how bright it is inside my room when I raised my head from its comfortable position in my pillow, it's already noon. Thankfully, I didn't have a lot of things to do for this afternoon except an interview for another Beanpole ad since Hyunsuk Hyung said that I should rest for awhile this week and that he'll lessen my workload for that to happen. This is because I have been working non stop with helping in producing songs for my members' solo albums and working with Top Hyung on another GD & TOP album along with managing the three trainees under my care. Rest and loosening up disappeared in my vocabulary for the past couple of months that I've been working. However like a normal being, my body has finally taken its toll from all the sleepless nights and not properly eating. Fortunately for me, my boss has noticed this before I did, and made sure that I take enough rest before resuming my work in order for me not to collapse due to stress.

I rolled out of my bed and began grabbing my things that I'll take with me to the office, stuffing all of them inside my large Goyard bag. I decided on taking a shower at the office instead of doing it at home since I want to get there earlier if I want to check up on the three trainees before I go to my interview. With that I went out of my room to properly lock up. Once again, Seungri was nowhere in sight and I assumed that he was already at the YG building practicing for his comeback stage which was in a few weeks time already. When I stepped out of my apartment I was met with the image of Ely doing the same to his younger sister's apartment where he is currently staying while he visited Norah. The older man has been here for nearly a week already, taking up already half of his intended 2 week long vacation here in Korea much to his younger sister's chagrin. I greeted him with a slight bow which he returned amusedly. For some reason whenever I am anywhere near Ely's presence, I have this need to be more polite than necessary. Despite his laid back appearance, Ely's aura commanded attention and respect whatever he did which left a huge impression on me and the other artists in YG who he met already since he was a constant visitor for the past week inside the office. I tried grasping for words to make small talk with him but everything sounded so lame in my head that I just settled with a pathetic inquiry to his stay here at Korea. "It's good. I've never really thought of visiting before till now but I really want to come back when I have the time. Maybe then I can properly visit those tourist spots I'm missing out on." Ely told me humorously as we headed towards the elevator. "What do you mean?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He gave me a shake of his head and replied, "If you haven't noticed I've become a regular visitor in your company's office since I came to Korea to visit Norah. I'm too busy looking out for her and checking up on how she's faring as a trainee in your company to actually tour the city." I nodded in understanding.

"Are you headed there right now?" I asked him when the elevator doors slid open to welcome us. "Where else?" Ely replied with a smirk. "I'm headed there as well, if you want you can hitch a ride with me." I told Ely after I pushed the respective button for the ground floor. "Oh yeah? Thanks. Commuting towards YG isn't really a fun thing to do. But it's way better than crowd surfing the mob in front of your office every ing time I visit. Damn is it always like that?" Said Ely. "Erm... Sort of. I never really knew it was hard to get inside YG." I mumbled the last part more to myself than Ely. "How do you even manage to get inside without getting mobbed by those people?" The other asked curiously. "Usually I drive by them and head straight to the parking lot. Sometimes if I'm with my manager and I really have to get inside through the entrance in front, the staff would surround me so I can pass. But the fans are civil anyway and won't harm me so I don't mind when I do that." After I explained this to Ely, the elevator was already sliding open to reveal the apartment's lobby. "My car's parked right outside the curb." I said to Ely while I lead him to the front door. He merely nodded in reply to me as he walked a little behind me, his hands stuffed inside his pants' pockets with an air of nonchalance surrounded him. Really, this guy is far too cool to be real and that's coming from me who's supposed to be the very definition of SWAG. Ely is one of the few people whose, "I don't give a ." attitude is truly genuine and not a pretentious act. He could care less about what people say unless they matter to him like his family. It actually surprised me to find out that his job was of a civil engineer in New York. I saw him more of as a rich bachelor or a musician or something equally cooler than an engineer but Norah assured me when I voiced this thought that her brother makes this mundane job look like he's holding a rock concert at Madison Square Garden because he's that good at it. "Nice ride." Ely told me with an appreciative nod to my pristine white Bentley. "Thanks." I replied grinning at him as I went to the driver's side. I started the car when we're finally settled inside and backed out of my parking space before making our way to the YG office.

At first the whole car ride was spent in silence but then Ely asked if I've got any music on me. I offered him my iPod classic which contains everything I listen to from Pharrel to Adele. Ok, that rhymed and I'm trying my best not to crack up at my own lame joke. "This is ing dope man. You've got good taste." Ely told me as he scrolled through the list of artists in my iPod. He then chose a track from Frank Ocean entitled PDA, a track that's been one of my favorites since I found out about it from Youngbae. Ely gave out a little chuckle as the song played out and reverberated throughout the interior of my car. I gave him a questioning glance and he responded by saying, "This is one of Norah's favorite songs. She has this on repeat on her iPod before she left to start her training here." My look of surprise didn't go unnoticed by him which he replied with a of his head to the side prompting me to explain my reaction further. "I didn't think she'd be a fan of Frank Ocean to be honest. I had her pegged for someone who listens to something like Lenka." I took a left turn after the traffic light gave the go signal. "Hmmm well she does listen to Lenka but Norah's always had odd taste in music. She doesn't stick to one genre and listens to a variety of it. The annoying part of it though is she makes it a point to force me to listen to ALL of them whenever I'm at home. Why do you think I know you when I first met you? I just had to listen to Big Bang because they're ing ace and I might like it this time." Ely imitated his younger sister's voice at the latter part of his explanation which I had to laugh at. Cool or not, Ely looked ridiculous imitating a girl's voice.

"I didn't know she was a Big Bang fan." I received an, "Are you for real?" look from him at this. "What? I'm being serious. She's never really showed any signs of being a fan. Now that I think about it, she doesn't really say much about herself whenever I see her. I guess I don't know her as well as I should as her manager." Ely shook his head at me while I continue on driving us to our destination. "She's just being professional because this is still a job even if she's just a trainee. And besides if you just look hard enough you might actually see those signs you are talking about because believe me, my sister is an open book. She's not that complex to comprehend. You'll figure it out once you get to know her better." I nodded taking note of his words. I realized that I didn't know much about my trainees save for what they told me when I first met them. Thinking about it right now, I didn't find out much about Norah compared to the other two back then because she was in her demented no talking strike on me. The girl can't take a ing joke when it comes to her precious books.

We finally reached our destination and as expected, there was a crowd of fans in front of the entrance towards the YG office. I was amused when the fans who were crowded there instantly became lively once more when they spotted my car passing by, waving colorful banners and the official Big Bang light sticks. I smiled at the fans on my side of the car before I drove towards my respective parking space. I got out of the car, as did Ely and we made our way to the entrance at the same time. "Norah should be training with Seungri and Dara right now in the recreational area near the studios, I'm sure they'll not change place for today since Seungri has to stay at the office for his dance practice." I mentioned to him while we stepped inside the elevator, to give him a heads up on where he could spot his sister. "I might just hang out with Teddy at his studio today. I'd rather stay away whenever those three are together. I literally feel my intelligence dropping whenever I hear their conversation." His disgruntled comment made me roar in laughter. The elevator halted at our destination, interrupting our conversation. Ely's comment about Dara, Seungri and Norah's training sessions are spot on. Those three discuss about the most non - sensical topics and make it seem appear as if they're talking about a global crisis. They take themselves so seriously despite the fact that the people around them does'nt. You WILL really feel as if your intelligence is depleting. I was a step behind Ely when we were near the recreational area of the YG building and as expected, the three stooges are sitting huddled together with their stuff and some take out boxes strewn all over the floor. And true to his word, Ely ignored his sister's cries of, "OPPPPPPPPPPPAAAA~" and went inside Teddy Hyung's studio. I grinned at Norah when I saw her flip off her older brother's back and took the opposite direction from where Ely went to, throwing all caution in the wind in order to update myself on Norah's progress. "What's up? What are you guys up to now?" I asked Dara, my eyes roaming all over the junk surrounding them. "We're teaching her the Lee - Park Top Secret in becoming the best variety show guest." Dara noona grinned at me, her fingers flying over the key board at the speed of light as she furiously typed something in the helpless laptop. I decided against asking for further explanation and directed my attention to the remaining two. I raised my eyebrow at maknae who ignored my presence by stuffing his face with food and trying his best to hide behind the two girls. So we play this game again Jerry? I gave him a slight smirk and commented to Norah and Dara in an abnormally loud voice about Gaho being nearly starved to death when I came home late last night from my four day absence in my own apartment. "I don't know why that would happen? I mean I already bought a new stock of food for my son and I DID ask SOMEONE to feed my dog twice a day while I'm out since he goes home more often than I do." I grinned when I saw the telltale signs of annoyance looming over Norah's face. Even if I don't know much about her right now, there are five things I do know about Norah by heart.

 

1. Books are her life.

2. She makes a damn good bowl of steaming ramyeon. Better than Youngbae's even.

3. She's a good liar when you need her to cover for your . Like when you were busy shopping for clothes online instead of actually arranging one of the songs to Daesung's solo album one afternoon and she lied to her teeth to YG Hyung when she said that it was Big Bang's manager looking up a pair of Balmain jeans for his wife and not you when he caught the site open in the studio's computer. 

4. She's crazy. That's pretty self - explanatory already.

5. She's an animal lover and if you even remotely show any signs of tormenting a poor animal in her presence, you'll receive four times the torture that the animal has been put through.

 

"Seungri Oppa..." She murmured with a wicked smile to her face. "What did you do?"

Seungri quickly retaliated to defend himself from his pseudo - sister's incoming litany about animal rights and whatnot. "NORAAAHHH!!!~ I did feed Gaho! But you know I don't like dogs." He pouted at Norah, trying to use his aegyo on her much like what he would do when his own younger sister would berate him. Despite being the eldest, Seungri is still whipped by all the women in his life, from his mother down to even his girlfriend. "Tsk." She told him with a roll of her eyes. When I deemed the maknae tortured enough because Norah has turned a cold shoulder on him, I ruffled his hair with a smirk and said in a sing song voice to further annoy him, "Thank you Norah~" before bidding them goodbye. "I gotta go to the locker rooms, I need to take a shower before I see how Evan's holding up with his one on one acting workshop with Top Hyung." I heard a commotion behind me, I was met by the same gob smacked expression as I was sporting by Seungri and a knowing glance from Dara noona with Norah nowhere in sight when I faced them. Seungri recovered quickly and rushed after Norah shouting something unintelligble and the words that I was only able to catch on were, "RED..... TOMATO..... WHY.... HYUNG..... WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!" He was pushing through Teddy Hyung's door and I followed him to see what was happening instead of making my way to the locker rooms as I have intended. "What happened?" I asked as I opened the door wider to be met by the scene of Seungri grumbling in the corner with his back facing the rest of the room, Ely with his arm crossed across his chest, Teddy smirking while he continued on recording one of the trainees, and Norah lying face down on the long black leather couch. "It's cool Jiyong. Nothing to worry about." Ely told me with a nod to his head to indicate that he can handle this. "Arraso." I told him confused at what the was transpiring but I paid heed to his suggestion and  made my once more to where Top Hyung was having his workshop with Evan, my planned shower pushed at the back of my head. Really, the weirdest happens in this building.


(A/N: Bonus Seungri POV)

"What was Dara noona talking about Norah?" I grumbled to myself, while I faced the corner of Teddy Hyung's studio after I was directed by Ely to be a good boy and stand here until I'm calm enough. The warning look he gave me, was enough to get me to follow his simple order. "Oppa I said it was nothing." I heard Norah mutter from my side as she grabbed my elbow and directed me back to the recreational area, her ear burnig red in embarassment. "How can it be nothing?! I heard her clearly tell you to join Hyung!!" I retorted agitated. I ignored the snickers from the other two males present in the studio we were leaving and I even caught Teddy Hyung tell Ely, "Ignorance is bliss, ain't it Ely?"

Ignorance? Huh? Who is being ignorant? Norah? With what?

"She was just kidding. You know how Dara unnie is, she's loony." Norah told me, trying to soothe me from my obvious agitation. I furrowed my brow when she forcefully made me sit next to Dara noona who was uncharacteristically smirking at me. She shook her head at me while mouthing something to herself. Maybe Norah is right, Dara noona is just crazy. Why would she even suggest Norah to join Jiyong Hyung shower? That's crazy in itself, even Jiyong Hyung is weirded out, he even asked us to explain what happened because the very idea itself is out of this world. I was distracted by my line of thought when Norah nudged me and asked how I started Seungri Academy again and where I got the brilliant idea from. Hmmm, what can I say? The academy's progressing well, that's why it's no wonder my sister from another mother (I don't care if Top Hyung said this first, I make it sound WAYYYY better than he does.) wants to learn more about it. "Really, it was all my idea. I mean as I told Hodong - ssi and Seunggi - ssi before...."


HAI :D So another update for you... I'm stumped actually for the following chapters but for some reason I'm bombarded with ideas on how to end this story already. I just don't know how to connect it all together -_____- if that made any sense at all. The Seungri POV part is temporary only while Norah and Jiyong POV are permanent in this fic. I used this to explain what happened when GD turned his back and I thought it'd be funnier when told in Seungri's clueless point of view. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it :) feel free to subscribe and comment. I'll be posting my replies soon... it's just the damn net that won't let me for the past couple of days. I'll be updating again soon :3

- Rexiefauliks