Chapter 48: Not a Chance

YG Auditions

 

The image in the Mac desktop at Teddy's studio showed Norah seated in front of the 12 boys from EXO. Some of the members from the band were carrying the instruments that were set up on the dance studio, tuning each instrument before they use it. I noticed that the rest who aren't playing any instruments were standing on the sidelines while Lu Han looked like he was giving Sehun a pep talk which the younger man wasn't really paying attention to. Out of nowhere I heard a bag of chips being opened somewhere near me. I glanced towards where Bom and Dara were seated near the Mac desktop and sure enough, Dara was holding a huge bag of Cheetos that she was now offering to Bom like they were watching a ing movie. I rolled my eyes when they kept murmuring excitedly, pointing at the computer screen and started giggling together like High School girls.

Please. I've seen better ways for a guy to confess to a girl. Serenading her is old school already. Psh.

I turned away from them and instead watched Top and Seungri trying to get out the binds they were in. Wait. Binds? My eyebrows furrowed at this thought and I looked back to the girl sitting next to me. "Why are Top Hyung and Seungri, bound and gagged together?" I asked CL curiously, pointing to my two struggling members. "They were going to ruin our plans because they're too over protective of Norah. Supposedly we were just going to distract the two away from the office today but Seungri discovered our plans because he became suspicious as to why I was treating him dinner last night. I was planning on getting him drunk but he caught on to my plan after I suggested we drink to celebrate his success in Japan. He snooped on my phone when I went to the bathroom and saw my texts with Bom Unnie and Lu Han - ssi. He then told Tablo Oppa, Teddy Oppa and Tabi Oppa about it so we had no choice but to do this to them so our plans wouldn't be ruined." CL explained to me, her gaze focused on her phone instead of the video being projected on the screen in front of us like Dara and Bom were, for some odd reason. "Then why are Teddy and Tablo Hyung not bound together?" I retorted to her in defense to my two members who nodded earnestly at my question. "They aren't as over protective of Norah Unnie compared to Tabi Oppa and Seungri Oppa, but we had them stay here with us just in case, so we'll know they won't do anything to ruin Sehun - ssi's confession." Minzy told me instead of CL as she tried to calm down the two struggling men next to her because they were going to get hurt from moving too much against the rope binding them together. "They're way worse than our leader whenever she tries to prevent us from meeting guys while we had our dating ban." Dara commented in amusement, as she gave us a side glance before popping a chip to and focusing her attention to the screen once more. "That's cause Norah isn't allowed to date, that's why they're over protective of her." I retorted to her, feeling annoyed just as much as the two tied up Big Bang members, at what they did. I know Norah gets into a lot of trouble due to the pranks that she does but Sajangnim is going to flip when he finds out that -

"Didn't you know? There wasn't any dating bans on her contract. She mentioned that to me when she finished reading her contract after her auditions. She asked me if its true that we had a dating ban on OUR contract since there's no clause about that in hers." Bom told me in a matter of fact tone which interrupted my line of thought. "What?!" I asked her in disbelief, my eyes widening at what I heard. "I said that Norah's allowed to date." She replied to me with a mouthful of Cheetos, her hand covering as she chewed happily at the snack. "Why do you look surprised? I thought you knew that. Aren't you her manager?" She asked me her brows furrowing as she continued eating. I shook my head at her question, bewlidered at the sudden news. "That can't be right. Sajangnim told me she's not allowed to date." I retorted. It just can't. Hyung clearly told me that she isn't allowed to date but then again, he was grinning in amusement when he told me that. Like he knows a private joke that I don't. I just tossed that incident, to him being on a good mood that day and nothing else. But perhaps there's another meaning as to why he was grinning at me when he said that? 

I ran a hand through my hair in frustration trying to suppress a groan. I don't want to think anymore. This whole thing is just giving me a ing migraine. Teddy and Tablo shared a look after seeing my expression and Teddy informed me before any of the 2ne1 girls could that apparently Sajangnim forgot to tell me why exactly she was not allowed to date. "Hyung was just following the favor Mr. Spencer asked him while they were touring around the building before Norah arrived to meet her Dad. Seungri mentioned that to me during Daesung's party when he told me about what happened when Mr. Spencer arrived to visit Norah cause I wasn't able to meet her father during his short visit here."

"Still, that doesn't make any difference if Sajangnim said it or her Dad. If Mr. Spencer clearly asked Hyung to forbid Norah from dating then why are you meddling and forcing her to date?" I argued back in frustration,because in all honesty this whole debacle has been getting on my nerves since the first time they set Norah up with a random boy. "It does when the guy who wants to ask her out got the blessing of her parents." Bom told me smugly, but her expression turned sour when Tablo piped up, "Technically that doesn't count because Sehun - ssi asked permission from MRS. SPENCER and not MR. SPENCER."

"Yes it does. Mrs. Spencer assured us during the Skype call that she'll handle Mr. Spencer and that all we have to do or rather what Sehun - ssi needs to do is sweep Norah off of her feet." Dara explained while throwing out a hand to stop Bom by covering with it, to keep the 2ne1 main vocal from making any rude retorts to Tablo at his rebuttal. "And by the look of Norah's ears and face, he's doing a pretty good job." She added with a grin, and at this all of our attention was directed at Norah's red ears and flaming cheeks. . What the hell is he singing to make her blush that much? Isn't he supposed to be a rapper or something?

"Why can't we hear a thing? And how the hell did you get to have one of the CCTV's to show a feed here?" Teddy commented wryly as we continued watching Norah being serenaded. "Oops! We plugged in a pair of earphones because aside from the two of us, no one seems to be really listening." Bom told us with a sheepish grin to reveal an earphone on her ear after tucking her hair behind it while Dara rolled up one side of her Chrome Hearts beanie to take out hers. "And it's a secret." Bom added coyly as Dara took out the earphones plugged in behind the Mac desktop, and Sehun singing along to the music being played by his band members filled the studio. Teddy and Tablo raised an eyebrow at the song before glancing at me while the others remained oblivious to the furious expression on my face after hearing the song that is being sung to Norah. 

 

Well, I may not have swag, but girl I know that I've got heart

So don't you do it (no)
Don't be a part of his master plan
Believe me as I say that he ain't your man
Ain't your better half
You'd see who is if you'd choose me (choose me)

Well I'm no him, but he's no me
I'm better, oh well I'm better, baby
I'm so sure if you'd choose me
You'll see, oh you'll see, girl
Not just the boy that you've grown up with
Now I'm the man that you should come be with
Well I know I ain't him, but he ain't me
He ain't me



Really? You're taking a jab at me, Oh Sehun? Norah may not know what the subtle message in that song means but I do. Isn't this just ing peachy?

Not many people know, especially Norah, that I coincidentally came across Sehun and Lu Han on my way out to smoke a cigarette with Teddy during 2ne1's comeback stage in Music Core, minutes after Norah and I came back from getting the food for us and the rest of the staff. I greeted the two with a bow which they returned and I couldn't help myself from mentioning casually, how close the three of them has gotten, especially the fact that Norah spends her free time with them quite a lot. Lu Han caught on to my joking tone and said in a similar joking manner, "I hope that's not a bad thing. Norah's pretty cool, we enjoy hanging out with her."

"No it's not. You're just hanging out right? It's just that I'm worried someone or actually a fan of yours might think something else is going on if they spot you hanging out together, and Norah's training might become jeopardized if ever a fan misinterprets your friendship." I told them with a smile. "I don't want her to get hurt, that's all."

"Don't worry Jiyong sunbaenim. I'll make sure she's safe." The fact that Sehun intentionally said "I'll" instead of "we'll" was not lost to me and Teddy. I just smiled at that and bid them goodbye to get on our way but inside I was bristling in anger at what he said. And now here he is singing to Norah that he's the better choice compared to who? Me? Well that's a load of bull . I've been watching over Norah and taking care of that girl's since she became a ing trainee. I make sure that girl feeds herself and gets proper sleep. I make sure that she doesn't lock herself inside her apartment to read books and to get enough sun light. Her father and brother entrusted her to me. Now who's better?

Throughout the entire time I was furiously ranting in my head, the song he was singing changed and more cooing and giggling ensued from Bom and Dara once they heard the next song. It was by the same artist, Gabe Bondoc to be exact, but this time the song he was singing was entitled First Choice. Of all the ing songs this boy will choose to sing Norah, he managed to find ONE of the songs that she loves and hopes to be dedicated to her. Perfect. Just freaking perfect. And as I expected Norah's face flushed even more if that's even possible.

By now I was staring intently at the screen trying to deliver a telepathic message to Norah to say no. No. He's just a friend of yours Norah. He isn't the right one for you. He's not better. Norah. Say no. My hands were clenched tightly as I did this, and I ignored everyone and everything around me, focusing on the image of Norah biting her lip and trying to avert her eyes from the singing boy, anticipating what she'll do next. But the wind was knocked out of me when she stood up to shove Sehun on the shoulder after he finished singing, followed by her mumbling bashfully to EXO's maknae, "Ok."

Multiple things happened after she said this one word.

Bom, Dara and Minzy squealed simultaneously.

Top and Seungri toppled down to the floor from their seat  after struggling in their binds too much. And Seungri managed to get the gag out of his mouth which gave him an opportunity to scream, "Norah!! No!!!"

Teddy and Tablo glanced at the screen and frowned but decided against on commenting however I did catch the knowing look and the slight shake of Teddy's head that he directed in my way before he resumed talking with Tablo.

But the quiet groan of, "Norah you idiot." beside me was the one that caught my attention the most. I looked sideways to see CL's expression. It was hard to pin down exactly but her words sounded like she's regretting what happened and her quick apology to me before standing up to leave the room, left me even more puzzled. Why is she apologizing to me? But mulling over her odd behavior was pushed at the back of my head when I heard some members of EXO start teasing Norah and Sehun, trying to get Norah to give Sehun a kiss. Thankfully Norah didn't listen to them and instead asked them questions on how Lu Han and Sehun managed to give her this surprise at the YG building of all places. "We had a little help from someone." Lu Han told her, trying to appear mysterious but that was done in vain as Norah (despite being smaller than him) stared Lu Han down and said in a threatening voice, "Lu Han if you don't tell me who the helped you I will seriously kick you in the balls." Although as Norah's friends we already know that it's an empty threat (she has yet to actually put into action the threats she has given any of her male friends here in YG) with all of the men inside the room scoffing at her words, the tone of her voice and facial expression was enough to convince Lu Han and the rest of the EXO members. Sehun merely grinned at him and stood next to Norah to show to his Hyungs where his true loyalties lie. Lu Han sighed but not before mouthing traitor to Sehun, and finally said, "It was CL - ssi. I received a text from her before, asking if you and I were dating. If we weren't, she asked if it were you and Sehun - ah were the one who was dating. I was surprised to receive a text from her since we really don't have any mutual friends. At first I thought it was a joke but then I realized she must be really CL - ssi because when I asked her how she got your number, she admitted to getting it from your phone and I recall you told me that you were close friends with her, so I thought that what she said was true." The reason as to why CL apologized to me was now slowly making sense. I thought that it was the entire 2ne1 who planned all this with Sehun because he asked help from them and they were eager for Norah to start dating that they agreed in helping him easily. I think the reason why she was apologizing to me was because she didn't ask permission from me as Norah's manager to see if it's alright to set Norah on a date especially when she found out that all this time I thought Norah's banned from dating by her contract. But I still don't get why she was regretting what happened when she was the one who started all this.

Norah gaped at him and I'm positive she wants to call CL right now and scream at her but Lu Han continued and she had no choice but to hear him out till the end of his explanation. "I told her we're just friends with you."

"That's what I told her all this time." Norah muttered to them sullenly but she waved it off after she received an exasperated look from Lu Han who did not appreciate being cut off and made him continue on what he was going to say. "But, I did admit that one of us wants to ask you out on a date for some time now but never had the guts to actually do it." Norah looked at Sehun in surprise which he simply shrugged off as he bit his lip and rubbed the nape of his neck bashfully.

Why is the soft smile she gave Sehun at that news, making my heart feel more constricted compared to when she agreed to go out on a date with him?

I turned away from the Mac desktop, not wanting to see anymore and looked elsewhere while still listening to their conversation. "She told me that she can help Sehun - ah plan how to confess to you and that she'll get help from the rest of 2ne1 to make Sehun - ah's confession leave an impact on you. After that we just started planning everything out by texting each other every now and then, and there you go." The rest of what happened after that was a blur to me because I shut off myself completely to the rest of the room but I remained in my position in the couch, still turned away from the Mac desktop. I didn't want to hear and see anymore of what's happening in 2ne1's dance studio.

By the time I realized that  it was over, the rest of 2ne1 was already gone while Seungri and Top were now free from their binds and gag as they talked to Teddy and Tablo.

"I swear, I will get back at Bom Noona for this. It wasn't necessary to tie us into a chair and gag us. She could've locked us in a room or something." Top commented with a scowl on his face as he rubbed the sore spots in his arms from being tied up for awhile. Teddy and Tablo were trying to muffle their laughter but failed in vain when they couldn't hold it in anymore. "Three girls managed to tackle down two grown men to the ground. That was priceless man, especially when Bommie - ah patted your heads after she tightened the rope holding you two down." Tablo commented in between chuckling. I couldn't help but laugh as well at the mental image of Bom single handedly tying up the two together while Minzy and Dara gagged them. Seungri ignored him however and said, "I don't care about that. What's important is to get Norah to break off whatever relationship she has with that kid." That quickly sobered up the rest of us from laughing and Teddy glanced at me before saying, "He just asked her out on a date, they're not yet together. There's no need to meddle. Do you want to be the first person to be actually beaten up by Norah? That kid might just be going easy on us, letting us become complacent until she can hit us at the right time."

"That's fine with me, so long as she doesn't get hurt." Seungri replied firmly, his lips pursed determinedly. "We don't even know him personally, how can we be sure that his intentions are pure?" That's rich coming from him of all people but he has a point. We don't know anything about Oh Sehun and what his intentions are in asking out Norah.  I looked at him curiously and egged him on to continue what he was saying. "Here's my plan, let's hire an unknown actress and make her pretend that she's an ex of Sehun - ssi's. She'll intrude on their first date by 'accident' and when she spots Sehun - ssi, she'll make a scene and accuse him of being the father of her child and the fact that she got Chlamydia from him." The look of disgust on our faces after hearing his plans, solidified our belief further more to not trust Seungri on making covert plans. Ever. "Idiot. No one will believe that." I told him frankly, the disgusted look on my face still not wearing off. The other three agreed with me and decided against hearing out Seungri's explanation anymore. "Anymore ideas?" Teddy asked us which surprised Top and Seungri. "Hyung, I thought you weren't against it cause you're the calmer and cooler 'Oppa' among the four of us. Or rather five of us." Top added when he figured out that I was in it as much as the are. "I'm not. Tablo's not in on it too. We agreed later that we'd prefer watching in the sidelines when happens to the three of you when Norah finds out you've been meddling with her affairs." Teddy explained with a smirk while Top, Seungri and I glowered at him. "What she doesn't know won't hurt her. And us too. This is for her own good. She's too young to date." Top replied to him confidently which Tablo replied to incredulously, "So when IS she allowed to date? She's in her twenties already Seunghyun - ah. I think she's old enough to have a boyfriend."

"But Hyung! It's far too soon!" Top answered desperately. "Norah should be focusing on her training instead of dating boys. They're more trouble than they're worth. They only want one thing. They're also pigs who think of nothing else except partying, and girls. Especially at that age!"

"Hyung don't get me wrong. I just want to really know something." Seungri asked Top solemnly after the older Seunghyun's rant. "What?" Top asked skeptically, with a raise of his brow. "When did you turn into a nun?" Seungri told him in answer, trying to maintain a poker face. Teddy, Tablo and I snorted after this and Top slapped Seungri upside the head in retaliation. When our laughter subsided, I was the first to resume our conversation regarding the prospect of Norah dating EXO's maknae. "You know what I think, we shouldn't do anything yet during their first date. Norah will notice that we're trying to ruin her dates with Sehun - ssi if we act that fast. Let's see first how it goes because I think that the reason why she said yes was because she was put in the spot. I mean, he was asking her out in front of his friends, how was she supposed to say no?"

"She still should have." Seungri mumbled under his breath but he quickly shut up after I gave him a pointed look. "Norah's not the type to shoot down people. She's not someone who can feel no remorse in embarrassing someone else. That's why I think she said yes. She didn't want to embarass Sehun - ssi in front of his friends. Lets just see how their first date goes and if things develop from there... Then we'll make our plan of attack." I concluded, feeling proud of myself for coming up with a pretty decent plan if I do say so myself.

"I knew, you were our leader for a reason." Top commented with a nod of approval to what I suggested which Seungri did as well, just more enthusiastic in comparison to Top. After we all (and by all I mean Top, Seungri and I) agreed to lay low for now and simply look out for Norah, Top and Seungri left the studio to have breakfast outside at maknae's request because according to him, he hasn't eaten before he left the apartment to be able to stop CL and the others before it's too late. I turned down his offer and decided to stay with Teddy and Tablo and to see what they were trying to come up with since Bom and Dara half - dragged me here.

"You know for someone who insists that he doesn't like someone, you're pretty possessive." Teddy commented with a smug smile without even giving me a glance from his position in front of his keyboards. I decided against talking because as I've said, Teddy Park is a miserable old man who wants to meddle with other people's business and the best way to not get a migraine, is to ignore everything that he says. Thankfully Tablo didn't comment as well but the slight tilt if his lips as he texted was proof enough that he already knows what Teddy was talking about. "Didn't I tell you? You should've tried getting the balls to ask Norah out quickly because someone else will do it before you do."

"Who says I came too late?" I told him in a monotonous tone, trying to shrug off the sudden comment I let out when internally I was screaming at myself, questioning what the hell was I thinking in egging on Teddy with this ludicrous idea. His surprise at my words as well as Tablo's was evident in the way that their eyebrows disappeared towards their fringes. "So you're finally admitting to having feelings for Norah?" Tablo asked me curiously to which I replied to by shrugging my shoulders and taking out my phone to (fake) check if I have any new messages on Twitter or my Instagram. Teddy scoffed at my (according to him, piss poor act of) nonchalance before resuming his work. "Whatever Jiyong. The more you deny how you feel about Norah the farther she will be from you. You've missed your chance already. You just have to take it like a man." I swallowed thickly but continued checking my messages, trying to ignore what Teddy said.

I'm not in denial.

I know how I feel about Norah.

I've known it for awhile already.

 

However, that doesn't mean that although, I'm ready to admit it to myself, that I'm ready to admit it to other people already.

I need to know for myself if how I feel for her is not just a passing crush before I tell anyone how I feel. Because I don't want to ruin the friendship that we already have. Norah deserves more than me admitting half assed feelings. She deserves to be given forever.

But not admitting how I feel doesn't mean I'm not going to fight for her.

Teddy was wrong.

I didn't miss my chance. I'm just biding my time till the right time comes that I can grab hold of that chance and never let go.


Another update for you :) sorry it took awhile but I had work. This one is in GD's POV, where we'll see his reactions to what's happening with Norah's *cough* love life *cough* a lot of you have been commenting on the fact that he's been so oblivious, perhaps he isn't as oblivious as we thought eh? I hope you liked this chapter. :) Thank you so much for reading this story, it means so much to me. I would love to hear what you think and feel about my story. And I'll try to improve even more. 

AGAIN, THANK YOU GUYS. <3 I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL AND YOU ARE ALL GOLDEN :D

- Rexiefauliks

PS. If you want to listen to the two songs I mentioned above, here are the links (Better) and (First Choice). Gabe Bondoc is an amazing singer and I highly recommend that you give his album a go, the lyrics are just jaw dropingly amazing. As is the music. :)

PPS. I read this chapter once more and noticed that a chunk of my writing got deleted for some reason. I edited this once more and added the missing two paragraphs. I'm sorry for this! And enjoy reading :D