Chapter 4: Official Trainee....

YG Auditions

"Thank you, now can you please rap?" smiled G Dragon while he played around with the pencil in his hand. I glanced at him and looked away, internally screaming mostly due to panic but also partially because he talked to me. I bit my lip and stared at the president with my heart beating fast. "Uhm." I said and all of the judges looked up or glanced my way from whatever they were doing. Because of this I actually made a step back before halting and continuing with my request. "Can I rap without facing you?" I mumbled. YG cocked his head to the side and appraised me while some had their eyebrows raised in either surprise or in a, "Are you for real?" look. I felt my hands shake in tremor and nervousness when he suddenly said, "As long as you'll be able to perform." He gave me a smile with a twinkle in his eye that made me hesitate recalling a certain half - moon bespectacled wizard from Harry Potter (who has that look in his eyes whenever he knows something others do not) despite the two being far from looking alike or being alike in action and personality. I exhaled a bit and turned around. I clasped my hands together in front of me and closed my eyes even if I wasn't facing them. I started humming the opening of Don't Mind If I Do by Mac Miller then in a matter of secods I was rapping the first verse of the song to the whole room (I had to rap louder from time to time to remember that I wasn't alone in the room). My heart seemed to beat in time to the words I spoke and I began nodding my head to the tune playing in my head.

Ah-ha!Mhm

Don't mind if I do

Hey, it seems like every day

I gotta filled up phone

Ladies tryna text me

sayin that they home for the Summer

and they heard that I'm livin on my own

so they wanna come to the crib

maybe cook me some supper

but I'm busy, so I'm ignorin her

yeah I just touched down in California

now I'm headed to the beach

gon' swim in the water

like I'm tryna sneak in across the border

I do, all different types of crazy

I'm the youngen hoes tryna make a baby with

'cause it'll make 'em rich

Know I'm headed to the money

So these funny little girls wanna take a trip

But no, only the M.O.S.T. dope with me

other fools homo, Roy and Siegfried

No disrespect though,

I gotta get that cigarette flow

for the green pesto, presto

My voice died out when I felt a commotion to my right. I slowly opened one eye only to have both open due to my eyes widening when I saw what was in front of me. The judges were crowded in front of me, with them still sitting in their office chairs. Apparently the commotion I felt and heard, was Daesung dragging his chair closer to the others. YG laughed out loud and stood up from his position, approaching me while he extended his hand at me. He patted my head and told the rest, "Stop scaring her, she looks like a scared rabbit. However from now on, she's our rabbit. She's one of our new trainees. I hope you saw in her what I saw with you all as I have. She has great potential and I'm willing to work hard to improve it into something amazing." The rest nodded mutely at his words. He then turned to me and repeated his words. I furrowed my eyebrows at the rabbit comment when I suddenly did a double take and stared at him before letting out a squeak. I then started jumping up and down in glee which caused my bag to fall from my shoulders where the straps were dangling from. The contents of my bad thankfully did not scatter as I picked it up and composed myself from my momentary fangirling episode.

"I'm happy that you're very excited in becoming a part of our family. Norah here's the set of contracts you'll have to sign to make things official."  YG told me as he directed me away from the others and towards the long table at the far end of the room. I looked at the sealed and thick brown envelopes piled together in the middle of the desk. The president grabbed the envelope from the top file and handed it to me along with a customized YGE Parker Pen. I tore of the side of the envelope and slid out its contents, showing to me pristine and freshly printed documents. Thankfully the contract was in English and I started flipping through the pages and scanning through them. They were all silent as they watched me flip through the contract. "Can I read it first before I sign?" I asked shyly to the president who gave me a look of approval. "You can stay at the lobby in the mean time, please come back after you've signed it. V.I. will be accompanying you along with the other staff members. Feel free to ask him anything with regards to the contract." he called out to me over the commotion I caused.

"! She's serious, I didn't even read my own contract!" V.I. said shell shocked.

"I had my parents read it for me and consult with me about it but she's doing it on her own." CL mumbled. "Is she insane? That's a lot of words to try and understand. I didn't read mine as well. I had my manager do it for me." Dara added.

"I think if hyung offered me a table napkin to sign and he'd tell me it's my contract I would have still signed it." G Dragon said to Taeyang who nodded in agreement. 

YG sighed in exasperation and dragged Seungri away from PSY and Gummy who were shaking their heads at him amusedly as he ranted on about how complicated and alien the contents of the contract is to him. I opened the door leading towards the hallway I was in a moment ago where YG is now currently ordering Seungri on what he's supposed to do while he was with me. He gave me a last smile before heading inside to control the chaos that was about to burst from the people inside. "YAH!" he screamed as he shut the door behind him.

I looked at Seungri and bowed deeply to him which he returned with a chuckle. "Do you wanna grab some food?" he smirked at me as he showed me the way to the cafeteria. "As long as I can finish reading this, I'm fine with anywhere you want to go." I replied quietly as I soon immersed myself in the tiny black print scattered all over the page in front of me. He looked at me once more in disbelief and muttered to himself, "Maybe I should read my contract  with hyung too.. AISH no too much work."

 


*HOPE YOU LIKE IT :D

- Rexiefauliks