Chapter 1: It's Worth A Try

YG Auditions

 

Bryce gave me an encouraging smile behind the camera she was holding as I nervously rubbed my sweaty palms against the thighs of my jeans. Mia was practising once more on her keyboards beside Bryce, waiting for me to give her the go signal. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before muttering inaudibly, "Go."

Bryce started recording and for some miraculous reason I started talking in front of her D-SLR camera; introducing myself and the song I was about to sing. The amazing part? I actually sounded confident. The not so amazing part? Mia's keyboards' battery died out on us in the middle of the song.

"I guess Adele isn't for me then?" I told the camera humorously to make light of the rookie mistake.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bryce quickly turned off the camera when she noticed my face crumpling into misery and embarassment.

"I can't do it. I just can't." I told my friend in a morose tone. Just in time, my best friend Charlie went inside my brightly lit room carrying the tray of snacks my grandmother probably offered her when she went out to call her mother about coming home late. She set the tray down on the floor and sighed at the familiar scene unfolding in front of her eyes. "What happened now?" she asked calmly as she sat next to Mia who was packing up her keyboards. "I ran out of battery." replied the girl next to her. A small, "Oh." came out of Charlie. She took a glance at her anxious friend and decided that nothing's going to come out of this get together if this goes on. She stood up once more and brushed her hands across her pants before grabbing Bryce by the arm and instructing her to go back to her position a few minutes before. I looked at Charlie in the eyes trying to see what she was up to when she suddenly leaned her face a few inches towards mine. "Norah!! You are going to sing, with or without accompaniment. You will sing it with feelings and do your best. You will have it delivered through Fed Ex to Seoul and you will wait for the results to come out. You will not panic. You will not stutter. You will not choke while singing. Got it?" she commanded silently with a glare to which I retorted with a mature act by sticking out my tongue and rolling my eyes. 

After a moment's hesitation I coughed and repeated the same process again with all my three friends smiling encouragingly at me. Which soon turned into suppressed chuckling as they heard the song I chose to sing instead of Adele. I'm really hoping this gets YG's attention.

 


 

~ HAI :3 I'll try updating tomorrow. I'm sorry if this is such a short post but I hope you enjoyed reading it. Please comment! Thank you~ :*

- Rexiefauliks

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEXT CHAPTER:

"Hyung! What is she singing?" Seungri asked curiously as they listened to Norah's audition tape at YG's office, directing his question to their leader.

Jiyong glanced at him but shortly faced the large plasma tv in front of the panel of judges YG has arranged for that afternoon. "She's talking about this perfect guy being incompetent at bed." He replied to the other as he listened closely to Norah's audition like he normally does with the others.