Chapter 2: I Need A Break

YG Auditions

 

"Hyung! What is she singing?" Seungri asked curiously as they listened to Norah's audition tape at YG's office, directing his question to their leader.

Jiyong glanced at him but shortly faced the large plasma tv in front of the panel of judges YG has arranged for that afternoon. "She's talking about this perfect guy being incompetent at bed." He replied to the other as he listened closely to Norah's audition tape like he normally does with the others. 

It was the 6th day since the panel of judges (consisting of G Dragon, CL, Daesung, Taeyang, Bom, Teddy, and YG - with the others tagging along to watch) started reviewing all the sent CDs and USBs to them by aspiring artists from all over the world since YGE is now searching for international talents. 

The panel of judges that YG himself chose for this occassion was sitting in a long table placed inside his office just for this occassion. The YGE president sat in the middle surrounded by his talents with G Dragon and Teddy sitting closest to him. He sat up and shook off the tired feeling he was getting from having sat through this without any rest for the past couple of days, refusing to go home until everything was accomplished.

Oh, I lie here in the wet patch in the middle of the bed
I'm feeling pretty damn hard done by, I spent ages giving head
Then I remember all the nice things that you ever said to me
Maybe I'm just overreacting, maybe you're the one for me

There's just one thing that's getting in the way
When we go up to bed, you're just no good, it's such a shame
I look into your eyes, I want to get to know you
And then you make this noise and it's apparent it's all over

It's not fair and I think you're really mean
I think you're really mean, I think you're really mean
Oh, you're supposed to care
But you never make me scream, you never make me scream

Oh, it's not fair and it's really not okay
It's really not okay, it's really not okay
Oh, you're supposed to care
But all you do is take, yeah, all you do is take

Norah Spencer sang the last part of the song quietly until her voice faded into the background, her image from the large plasma television giving out a sheepish smile to the people watching her. "Interesting song choice." mused YG himself, as he glanced at the copy of Norah's application form. "I haven't heard anyone audition for me who sang a song from Lily Allen before, especially a song like this." He gave a chuckle as he tapped his pen in the table in front oh him as his other hand supported his entire body when he leaned back in his chair by grabbing the arm rest of his chair. "What'd you think?"

Teddy was the first to speak up, "Her voice would be fantastic for hooks and as the melody for a chorus but it isn't remarkable enough to be able to handle a solo." he said as he glanced at the notes he made while watching the video. "She has potential sure but let's also look at the possibility of her being able to push her limits and improve better in singing." 

Bom nodded in agreement, "I reall think that there's more to just being able to sing a song in the right key or tune. She needs work on delivery as well." The 2ne1 lead singer pointed out. YG murmured inaudibly his agreement as he stared blankly at the screen. "Is that the only video clip in the USB?" he asked CL who was in control of the remote to the DVD Player. "I think so - oh wait! There's one more!" she said as she hurriedly pressed the play button. The television went back to life as the semi - familiar room of Norah was seen once more by the panel of judges. Norah and another girl came inside the room kidding around unaware most likely of the camera recording their actions seeing as they were more relaxed and liberated in their actions. "Hang on, I don't think that's part of - " Jiyong started but was cut off when Norah's companion spoke up. "Why don't you rap?" with a smirk on her face.

Norah rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Are you kidding me? I can barely sing what more rap?" she retorted to her friend. "But weren't you planning on rapping a little bit of Mac Miller as part of your audition tape?" the other asked. Norah nodded and looked as if she was mulling over it. "I was actually," she said slowly. "But I don't know. Come, on I sound as if I'm reciting a poem instead of actually rapping whenever I do it."

"How about you try it with me, then let's see if it IS ridiculous." said the other girl. Norah was quiet once more then in a matter of seconds she started rapping Mac Miller's Don't Mind if I Do. 

After she finished rapping, YG signalled CL to hit pause and declared to everyone present in the meeting, "She's coming to Seoul for callbacks. I want to see her perform live."

The others around him looked at each other warily wondering what the president was up to.

 


 

* Hello! Second update! I hope it hasn't become too dragging. Thank you for subscribing and commenting! :*

Dialogue in Italics are Korean -> for future reference as well :3

- Rexiefauliks