Chapter 11: Managerial Debut

YG Auditions

Silence loomed over my car as Seungri and I headed to the YG Building with me driving. Seungri was looking out the window with little interest while I kept my focus on the wheel and the road in front of me, trying my best not to put any scratches or dents on my car. In no time at all the building soon came into view and I drove onto my parking spot near the elevator doors which lead to the offices. I shut off the engine and stepped out the same time Seungri did and went towards the trunk of my car where I stashed my backpack and Seungri's. I handed his over and slung mine on one shoulder before we made our way to the elevators. "Hyung, what floor are you going to?" he asked me as he pressed his corresponding floor number before getting his finger print scanned by the security system. "I have to head straight to Teddy's studio first, there's a briefing for the managers." I replied as I checked my phone for any new messages. I opened Teddy's newly sent message to me while at the corner of my eye I saw Seungri press the level 3 button.

 

 

FROM: Park Teddy

Received at 8:18

Yo hurry the up, we're waiting

 

Grinning at this I followed the maknae as he went inside the elevator to make our way inside the building. As the elevator stopped, Seungri gave me a nod then a slight bow before telling me a, "See you later hyung!" probably heading his way towards the dance studio where the orientation will happen later. The elevator doors closed once more and made its way to my intended floor. I went out and tugged the laces of my hoodie as I walked towards hyung's studio. 

Music was blaring from most of the speakers that was strewn all over the room and most of my sunbaes were already there crowded in the long table with the computer in it, their heads bowed over several bounded papers in front of them. Gummy noona, PSY, Se7en hyung and Hye Sun noona were the people which hyung was talking about who were waiting for me. I greeted all of them as I bowed deeply and grinned sheepishly at the slight reprimand I got from Gummy noona at being late. "Sorry, what did I miss noona?" I asked, sitting in between Se7en and PSY hyung. She offered me a wad of papers held together - barely held together mind you - by a paper clip with my name written at the top on a blue post it. "Well we're just going over the application forms of the trainees we'll be handling as well as discussing about how we'll go about the training exactly with the trainees' own managers -" she nodded at the rest of us. "- being their trainers as well. Calrifying the rules set by sajangnim on training or the classes we'll conduct for them and -" she frowned at the papers in front of her. "- trying to familiarize with the trainees we'll be managing." I nodded and glanced at my own set of application forms. I began leafing through them and taking note of the names of the trainees I will be handling when I stopped abruptly at one page, my right hand stopping itself from turning it to the next one. I cocked my head to the side and asked the people in the room on who assigned the trainees to us. PSY and Hye Sun noona answered simultaneously. "Sajangnim."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a really short update, I'm so sorry ;( school work is piling up and I'm getting busier so less time to write.

This will be the end of Jiyong's POV and we'll resume with Norah's in the next update :3

Also! HAHAHA I forgot to explain last time - which I promised, sorry T^T - about the trainers/ manager thing. Well from what I imagined of how the training is being conducted at YG for this story, there are going to be 5 talents from YG who will act as managers to a group of trainees assigned to them by YG. They'll be the one in charge of the training schedules, accomodations and most of the things that the trainees would need during the stay basically.They're sort of the guardians of the trainees since Papa YG is already too busy handling the others already. As for the trainers well it's obviously still YG talents and staff teaching the trainees certain things. There'll be classes per talent (singing, dancing, rapping, dancing and etc.) however not all these classes will be taken up by a trainee. They are given a fixed list of classes which are what YG believes to be where the trainee is good at and should hone their talent more in that field. 

I hope you enjoyed this update! :D bye bye to Jiyong for now~

BOOM SHAKALAKA

- Rexiefauliks