Chapter 38: To the Grocers

YG Auditions

 

 

 

Wheat bread or plain bread? I mulled over this billion dollar question as I stood in the middle of the aisle in the supermarket with a push cart in front of me nearly filled to the brim with my shopping. Admittedly it isn’t really a difficult question to answer but I really have no idea what those two guys usually eat. Unfortunately I need to quickly come up with a decision since the favor Seungri Oppa asked of me came with a time limit. I have to beat Jiyong Oppa from arriving in their place if I don’t want him to find out about Seungri Oppa’s mistake. Did I say mistake? I meant mistakes.

This favor being, doing errands for Seungri Oppa that he wasn't able to do since he was so busy while he was still in Korea due to his solo promotions. He texted me about this last night and he also called me before I went to the YG Building for my training. If it weren’t for him I would’ve come on time, (well at least my version of on time) but I had to pop over to their place to do something for him. Thankfully Jiyong Oppa wasn’t there and was already at the office when I went inside. He’s really lucky that I woke up on the right side of the bed this morning otherwise I would’ve ignored the text he sent me and went on my training with Dara Unnie, now look what happened. I came in the office when it’s nearly lunch time already and Dara Unnie had no choice but to cancel my training that morning. He called me again right before he boarded for his flight to Japan even, to remind me AGAIN about the errands I have to do for him just in case it slipped my mind and these so called errands consisted of chores he was SUPPOSED to do for Jiyong Oppa since he's living at Jiyong Oppa's place for free. Aish. Oppa if you weren't you I would've ignored your call and let Jiyong Oppa kill you for not doing your end of you bargain with him. Tsk. I hope Seungri Oppa knows that he owes me big time for this. I skipped an entire day of training for him just so I could:

1. Buy Gaho and Jolie’s dog food and feed them a bowl of it. (Fortunately Seungri Oppa texted me last night about this already and I was able to buy some for Gaho and Jolie in the pet store where Jiyong Oppa frequents right after I dropped my Dad off at the airport. Apparently he accidentally threw out Gaho and Jolie's dog food last week, mistaking it for spoiled cereal and Jiyong Oppa is yet to know this fact so he had me running to the pet store last night, to buy a pack of it using the allowance sent to me by Ely before the older man finds out. Seungri Oppa on the other hand was partying (yes, PARTYING) while I was doing this under the pretense of serving as a distraction to Jiyong Oppa by handing him drink after drink during Daesung Oppa’s party so he won’t go home early from the party. To be honest, I shudder to think how he came to the conclusion that the dog food was spoiled cereal in the first place.)


2. Go grocery shopping that would last a week for Jiyong Oppa. (Thankfully those two allow me to go inside their apartment whenever I feel like it so I was able to list down what I needed to buy and feed Gaho and Jolie their breakfast/brunch/lunch. Such cutie pies. I would've kidnapped them and kept them as my own if Jiyong Oppa wouldn't raise hell when that happens.)

So here I am with a grocery cart filled to the brim with food and toiletries that my manager would need for the week. I grimaced at the realization that until Seungri Oppa comes home I am basically broke because I'll be using my own money to purchase all these since I can't let Jiyong Oppa find out that it was me who did the grocery shopping and Seungri Oppa failed to give me any money since he came home late and left their apartment REALLY early. I sighed as I finally made up my mind and reached for two loaves of plain bread to dump it on top of all the things I was planning on buying. At least I could kill two birds with one stone while doing this. I can buy my own grocery along with Jiyong Oppa’s since I don't think I'm THAT idiotic as to spend all my money on him (the bag of dog food I bought for Gaho and Jolie, cost more than I thought it would initially, GAH) and leave myself starving for the rest of the time Seungri Oppa is at Japan. I don’t plan on waiting for Seungri Oppa to come back to pay me so I could do my grocery shopping especially when my *cough* womanly ails *cough* is coming soon. I pushed the cart towards the cashier after picking up the last item from my list and smiled at the young girl from behind the counter. She struggled a bit with her English as she scanned all the items in my cart and asked me if I will pay in cash or by card when she noticed that I was a foreigner. "I will pay by cash thank you very much." I replied using the limited amount of knowledge I have of the Korean language that I got from Dara Unnie and the lessons my tutor taught me these past few weeks, with a smile on my face. She smiled at me gratefully and finished up her task of scanning all the items in my cart before helping the man packing up my grocery in large plastic bags. When they were through, she ce more again to the cashier and printed out my receipt before showing me the monitor so I could see how much I had to pay. I took out my wallet from my track pants' pocket and grabbed enough bills to pay for everything. Thankfully I still have a few more money left on me along with the change I got from the grocery shopping that I did so I can go back easily back to the apartment. I guess I’ll start walking to the office starting tomorrow and I’ll also be hitching a ride with just about ANYONE from YG so I could go back home. Crap.

 I thanked the girl once more and stepped out to grab the handle of the cart where they placed my grocery, when the bagger stopped me and offered to push my cart outside for me. I gave him a bow as well as murmuring, “Thank you.” and lead the way for him. As we made our way outside, I felt a vibration coming in from my other pocket which was followed by the theme song of the Power Puff Girls. I sheepishly smiled at the man next to me when he gave me a curious look and decided against answering my phone in front of him. Jiyong Oppa must be getting furious right now because on top of missing all my schedules for the day, I was also ignoring all his calls and texts. To be fair, it’s not just him I’m ignoring but the rest of the folks from YG whose contacting me. JUST in case they get a clue as to where I am and tell Jiyong Oppa, which will just make this entire situation pointless not to mention make all my efforts turn to waste too.  I better prepare myself for the groveling I would be doing tomorrow in front of him. "Miss here we are, is there anything else?" The bagger told me slowly in an, accented English. I shook my head no and thanked him, urging him to go back to work, not wanting to become a bigger burden than I already am when he pushed my cart for me. He bowed as well and went inside the supermarket once more and I was left on my own to hail a cab that would bring me home.

*after 15 minutes*

Are all the cabs in Seoul occupied?! I've been standing here at the sidewalk outside the supermarket with numerous bags of grocery crowding in my feet with one arm raised in the air trying to hail a vacant cab but to no avail. All the cabs that passed me by are either taken or turned a blind eye on my raised arm. I huffed and stopped my urge to flip off the last unoccupied cab that just sailed by me like I was non – existent. Should I just give up and ask help from someone to lend me a ride back to my apartment building? I was about to call Tabi Oppa or Teddy Oppa at that moment, when I heard a familiar voice shout, "NOOONNNAAA!" I looked on my left side where the voice was coming from and was surprised to see Choi Kibum jogging towards me with two other guys behind him. "Kibum!" I greeted him with a smile when he stopped a few inches from me. "Noona! Annyeong!" He replied to me with a toothy grin, bending down to my height to look me in the eye. “What are you doing here?”

One of the guys with Kibum snorted and crossed his arms when they reached the two of us. "Obviously she just finished doing her grocery shopping." He commented snidely that ended with a huff when the other guy beside him elbowed him. "Hyung." Guy number 2 muttered with a warning tone. A pout with a puff of his cheeks was the reply Guy number 1 offered to us after being reprimanded. "Tsk, Lu Han you're just jealous that I've got a pretty noona." Said Kibum, as he slung an arm around my shoulder. Lu Han? Did I hear that right? I looked up at Kibum then glanced back towards the two boys in front of me. He doesn't by any chance mean Lu Han from EXO M right?

I looked closely at the two young men and tried to see past their sunglasses and their baseball caps which by the way I'm loving, to confirm my suspicions. I huffed when by all appearances the two males in front of me seems to be twins even if they look really familiar to me. "You're right she's very pretty but I highly doubt that SHE'S YOUR noona. She's way out of your league." The guy called, “Lu Han” said with a smirk directed to Kibum who looks affronted at this. I looked at them curiously wondering what on earth they were talking about when my eyes landed on the quietest one out of the three boys. He gave me a small smile when he caught me staring and I bashfully looked away. I can feel my ears burning already and I focused my attention to the busy road instead of the two bickering boys and one incredibly cute one (even if I only saw half of his face) to avoid anymore embarrassment.

"!" I suddenly blurted out of nowhere when I saw an empty cab passing by, which reminded me that I had to get back to my apartment before Jiyong Oppa does. This is, so I can restock their pantry without him knowing so I can finally finish this errand Seungri Oppa had me do. My outburst apparently interrupted the escalating argument between Kibum and “Lu Han” because now all their attention is focused on me, with their argument forgotten or at least put on hold for now. "What's the matter Norah Noona?" Kibum asked as he looked down on me. Ugh. Despite being a few years older to my land lord's son, Kibum was still taller than me which frustrates me because it really kills any feeling of authority I have especially when he looks down on me. "Kibum, I'm sorry but I have to cut this short. I really have to go. I need to get these groceries back home as soon as possible." I told him agitatedly. "Please say hi to your parents for me and I'll see you around." I turned my face towards the other two guys and apologized for leaving in such haste before I was even able to introduce myself properly. I didn’t even give them time to react when I began picking up the bags situated at my feet, deciding on just taking the bus even with the extra weight on me but I was stopped from stooping down by Kibum himself. "Noona, wait for a second." He told me before dropping his arm from my shoulders. I gave him a questioning glance which he just waved off before grabbing “Lu Han's” elbow to drag him a few feet away from me and Guy number 2.

A throat cleared from beside me, making my gaze land on the masculine hand offered in front of me and its owner, from its focus on the two figures talking in hushed tones a few feet away from us. "I'm Oh Sehun." Guy number 2 told me shyly, scratching the back of his head awkwardly with his unoccupied hand. I grasped his offered hand which enveloped mine completely as we shook hands and I gave him a warm smile as I introduced myself. "I'm Norah Spencer. It's nice to meet you."

"How did you meet Kibum?" Sehun asked me curiously when Lu Han and Kibum are still in midst of their conversation. I cocked my head to the side, as I pondered over an answer to his question not to mention absorb the fact that he has an adorable accent when he speaks in English. He must’ve mistaken my expression for offense because he raised his hands in defense and hastily added, “I’m sorry! That was rude, I was just –”

"Curious. You were just curious and it's alright." I told him cutting off his apology with a wave of my hand and an understanding grin. "I'm a tenant in Kibum's father's apartment complex. I met him when Mr. Choi was showing me around my apartment for the first time and he was accompanying his father that afternoon. He sort of took a liking to me after that meeting and he started talking to me whenever he sees me around the building." He bit his lip and shook his head in obvious amusement. "That sounds like what Kibum would do." Sehun murmured to himself as he cast an amused glance to his friend. He further explained what he meant when I raised an eyebrow in question to his reaction. "Kibum's quite straight forward when it comes to someone he likes. He'll openly show to you that he's interested and would only stop when you reject him." Reject him? Why would I reject him, it’s not like Kibum’s courting me. I nodded in understanding however before replying, “I don't think he really likes me in that way. I'm more like an older sister he never had considering he’s an only child." A soft chuckle was the reply I got at first and I glared at Sehun who shook his head at me. "Believe me, Kibum's got a crush on you. It's bordering fanboy level already. This isn’t the first time I heard about you from him." He nodded towards his friend who was now ticking something in his fingers as he talked to Lu Han. I rolled my eyes at this in disbelief and retorted, "Oh yeah? How would you know? Did you use your powers or something?" I snorted at my own lame comment. "What?" Sehun asked, surprised at my random question. "And of course I'd know. I've known Choi Kibum since freshman year in High School. He's been my best friend ever since then and I’ve seen how he is whenever he’s around a girl he likes." I made an, "Oh." sound awkwardly before hastily explaining my comment on his powers when I recalled his surprised question. "Don't you have corresponding powers in EXO? Like telekinesis or something? That's what I meant by you having powers." My tone turning more sheepish when his gaze (or at least that’s how it looks like, I can’t be sure with his shades on the way) didn’t waver from mine.

"Oh, I guess this disguise isn't doing its purpose is it? And it's wind. My power I mean." Sehun said wryly. I gave him a grin and assured him of his disguise’s effectiveness, "Naw, your disguise is fine. I wouldn't know it was you unless you introduced yourself to me which you DID." He flashed me a grin in return. After awhile I noticed him scratching his nape when silence took over the two of us once more. Finally, Lu Han and Kibum returned and the latter told me that the three boys would be giving me a ride towards my place instead of letting me take the bus which he was positive I would've done when I was about to leave their company awhile ago. "But you're not allowed to drive." I pointed out unabashedly to Kibum as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Your Dad took your keys and driver's license when he found out that you didn't take good care of your car so how on earth will you drive me back home? I remember that because your mother mentioned it to me when I saw her this morning as I grabbed my post."

"Lu Han's driving." Kibum replied sullenly at me when I reminded him of his current punishment from his father. At this, Lu Han stepped in front of me and introduced himself before enveloping me in his arms in greeting. My eyes widened at the abrupt hug and I patted his lower back slowly as I introduced myself in turn. And rather awkwardly at that since I could see the other two watch us with different reactions gracing their features at Lu Han's affectionate gesture especially for a stranger. Sehun was observing us amusedly while glancing at his seething friend. "Yah! You promised no flirting!" Kibum whined as he roughly pulled the older boy away from me. Lu Han merely shrugged and smirked at Kibum who growled at him in annoyance. Sehun bent over and took around three bags of groceries at my feet while the two busied themselves with a staring contest and reminded the other two to do something more productive rather than stand in the middle of the pavement bickering like six year olds. When I saw him do this, I attempted to take away the bags from his grasp, telling him that I can carry them on my own which is the least I COULD do since they were offering me a free ride back to my place. Sehun shook his head and told me sternly to let them do all the work which I replied with my litany about male being chauvinists and ists, and how women can handle the same thing a man can do. This is the result of being a resident student of an all girl’s school from kindergarten till university. He rolled his eyes at me as he raised to his full height then retaliated by arguing about the fact that SOME women read too much on a man's act of kindness and that not ALL men are chauvinistic pigs like she labels them.

"I don't think I should be the one you should be worried about." I heard Lu Han murmur conspirationally to Kibum who sighed with a frown on his face as they picked up the remaining bags at the pavement after Sehun. I gave Kibum a curious look wondering what Lu Han muttered to him but he shook his head and started making his way, away from the supermarket's entrance, towards Lu Han's parked car at the far end of the street. I followed after him, pestering him to tell me what Lu Han told him since I had a nagging feeling that it had something to do with me (Dara Unnie! Where are you when I need my human translator??), leaving the two EXO members behind to catch up to his long strides.

Little did I know that Lu Han was doing his own pestering to Sehun regarding his uncharacteristic talkativeness with me despite the fact that we just met each other for the first time this afternoon.

 

 

 


Hi guys! Here's an update for you :) I did say I'll update soon. I'm working on the following chapter and hopefully I'll be able to post it faster than this one. Classes started already for me and I hope I won't get swamped in school work like last semester. And as you can see we have new characters! That surprised you didn't it? Hahaha 

They'll be here for a few chapters so tune in to that :D there'll be more surprises coming soon :)

THANK YOU FOR READING <3 you guys are golden. And I'd love to hear what you think so comments are accepted with open arms. 

 

- Rexiefauliks