Chapter 13: Meet Yang Seungho

YG Auditions

"You're from Madrid?" G Dragon asked Sophia who was sitting next to him on the table we were currently at, after the orientation. The four of us (Evan, Sophia, GD and I) went here right after the orientation at GD's suggestion so we could get to know each other better since we'll be seeing each other more often. He didn't waste his time in asking questions about our lives and he seemed relentless even as we ordered our food from the cafeteria staff. 

I, on the other hand, couldn't be bothered with his little interview and refused to give him a straight answer whenever he asked me a question. Banning me from books ain't funny bro.  For example:

"So where exactly do you live?" GD asked me as I took the bowl of kimchi fried rice and Korean beef barbecue from one of the cooks in the kitchen.  "In a little town called Verona." I replied in a deadpan voice which caused Evan to slap me upside the head with his water bottle. "Believe me you are no Juliet Capulet so answer properly." 

"Hogwarts then if you must know." I retorted with a  glare at him before I made my way to one of the vacant tables inside the cafeteria. 

Due to my annoyance with his booknapping, I decided to reply all GD's questions with book titles or references.  "Were you trained in singing like Evan?"

"Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist."

"What?"

I sighed dramatically.

"I can't understand what you're talking about. How about hobbies then?"

"Hunger Games, Devil Wears Prada, and............... Sputnik Sweetheart."

He huffed at this and tried once more. 

"Any movies you like?"

"We Need To Talk About Kevin."

Sophia clapped her hands at this and gave me an approving nod. "I saw that film AND read the book. Ezra Miller and Tilda Swinton blew me away in the film adaptation." She told us as if I actually replied GD's question like a normal person. I tapped the side of my nose to show that I wholly agree to her sentiment which caused GD to glare at me. 

So here we are, still currently at the cafeteria although most of our food now gone. GD after catching on to my plan decided to not ask me any questions anymore but instead showed off the book in his possession everytime he can while conversing with Sophia and Evan. This is the reason behind my current state right now, as I toy around with my food. "Stop it." grumbled Evan by my side. "You're ruining the food." 

Evan, I began to realize had this pet peeve concerning table manners so I stopped what I did and replied, "Eat Pray Love." looking at him with apologetic eyes and making a heart sign with my hands. He rolled his eyes at me and pinched my arm. "Stop that too. You're acting like a kid. Reply like a decent human being from now on or I'll tell him who your bias is." The last part of this semi - threat was whispered to me so thankfully G Dragon didn't hear a thing but still. I nodded with a pout and slouched more on my seat but then I felt the back of a spoon being tapped at my lower back and I sat up with my back straight. "Better." said Evan placing back his unused spoon next to his empty bowl of ramyeon. "You're like a teacher for etiquette." I told him with a smile while I finished off the kimchi fried rice I ordered. "More like raised by one." he retorted while leaning his head on his hand which was propped up on the table. "Seriously? That's so cool. You're like a prince." he gave a snort at this amazed comment I gave out. "If only that would mean I could bed -" however before he could finish his sentence Sophia cut him off when she noticed I was no longer on my retarded book talk strike. "Tank Girl! I see you've decided to become coherent again." I grinned at her pet name for me which she bestowed upon me after finding out that we have the same favorite film which was Tank Girl from the 90's. Jiyong raised his eyebrow at me while tapping my book at the table top. "Evan here decided to go all Mary Poppins on me so I had no choice." I told the two of them dejectedly when I noticed my book once again. "It's a shame. I thought you would stick to it till you ran out of book titles and references." she replied in a joking manner. "She'll regret it if she does. I have her book as a hostage and I can worsen her punishment as her manager when she remains stubborn."

My mouth fell open in shock at Jiyong's words but before I could form a witty retort back at him, his attention was diverted to the newcomer inside the cafeteria. "Yo! Seungho! What's up man?" he called out to the tall and lanky man approaching our table. Yang Seungho gave Jiyong a slight nod and asked, "Have you seen Youngbae? Ji Eun and I have been looking for him since this morning."

"A couple of minutes ago he was with us in the trainee orientation at the dance studio. He must've went out already. Why are you looking for him?" replied GD as he looked up curiously at his friend. Bringing his hoodie down to ruffle his short black hair out, Seungho replied, "We're staging an intervention with him."

GD snorted at this and gave the other an, "Are you for real?!" look. "You're giving Dong Youngbae an intervention?" he asked Seungho slowly. "For what? For having the same hairstyle way too long?"

Seungho sneered and flipped GD off. "It's about his obsession with Chrome Hearts. He's taking his affinity with that brand way too seriously. If you haven't noticed, your best friend wears Chrome Hearts merchandise like it's the only clothing brand in the world. Ji Eun is pulling out her hair in frustration because she can't come up with a new concept for Taeyang's new album with him refusing to wear anything BUT Chrome Hearts."

Jiyong tried his best to contain his laughter but was unable to, but Seungho didn't seem to mind if by the way he smirked at his chuckling friend was any indication. "You have a point there." GD said after he calmed down. "Do you need me to call him?"

And as the two members of the Nuthang Crew talked I resumed eating my lunch while Sophia borrowed my newly bought phone to toy with it. Evan on the other hand was gaping like a fish as he stared at Seungho. "Norah who is that God like creature talking to our manager?" he said breathlessly to my ear. "I thought Jiyong oppa was your God?" I told him with a sly smile gracing my face. He gave me a weird look. "Since when did you call GD, oppa?" I opened my mouth to defend myself but he held up his hand in front of my face to stop me. "I don't care whatever you do with your hmm hmm even if it's a weird love hate thing. What we should concentrate in right now is getting the name of that y beast and getting me well acquainted with him." I rolled my eyes and took a swig from my water bottle. "He's Yang Seungho, one of Jiyong Oppa's friends. He's also one of 2NE1's stylists." I told Evan with a shrug of my shoulders. "Ohhh the creative eccentric type." he murmured which caused me to be the one to subject him to a weird look from me this time. "Norah!" Sophia called out to me, disrupting Evan from corrupting me further more with his ual fantasies even before he can start. "Someone texted you called.... y Panda Oppa?" I reached out for my phone and was about to read Seungri's new message to me when G Dragon decided to introduce us to his friend after failing to contact the Chrome Hearts obsessed Taeyang in his phone to convince him to meet up with Ji Eun and Seungho. "These are my trainees by the way. That's Evan at the far end, next to him is Norah and this is Sophia. Guys this is Yang Seungho my friend and 2NE1's stylist, well one of them."

We all gave him a greeting, Evan's being the loudest while he nodded to us in return before imparting us with advice regarding Jiyong that I'm positive we'll be chanting as we continue on our training under his supervision. "Don't mind this bastard when he becomes too much to handle. He just means well and his obsession on making everything perfect pays off in the end. Believe me."

We chuckled at this and Evan (-_____-) invited him to come seat with us. Seungho politely declined saying he has to hunt down a five foot and six inches Chrome Hearts obsessed singer first. However to all our surprise before he left he reached out and flicked my earrings which is a long zipper with his long and slender fingers. "Wicked." he told me with a slight smirk before giving the rest of the group a two salute before leaving. The whole table was so quiet that you can hear a bloody feather drop. It was broken fortunately by Sophia who coughed and asked us if we wanted anything since she's going to buy more water for herself. We all said no thank you to her and she gave us a quick nod before standing up to head towards the counter once more. Evan glanced at me, eyeing me for some reason. "I changed my mind. I'm going to buy some coke." He got up and bent down slightly to fix his jeans. While he was doing this he whispered to me hurriedly, "Apologize to him. I'll talk to you when I come back." He stood upright once more and jogged towards Sophia. I pouted at his retreating back and then faced my empty bowl. 

I know I was acting like a kid awhile ago and it was rude but he was as well. He could've just scolded me but instead he actually banned me from books and even took the one I had on hand. But still, he's my senior both in experience and in age, and I've always took pride in the fact that I was a polite and respectful person. So I will apologize despite the awkward situation Seungho, Sophia and Evan left us in. 

"Jiyong oppa." I called out to GD who quickly glanced my way with a slight to his head. "Yeah?" he replied when I still didn't reply from his questioning look. "I'm sorry for being like that awhile ago. It was really childish and disrespectful." I lowered my head not being able to handle meeting his gaze any longer. "Naw, it's cool. It was out of line for me to tease you like that. But did you really think I can ban you from reading books?" he asked me amusement clearly ringing in his tone. "Yes." I replied without any hesitation. He laughed out loud and leaned across the table which caused me to lower my head further more because his face was just inches away from mine. I felt his index finger tap my forehead once more and hear him mutter, "Pabo." I looked up and glared at him and maturely stuck out my tongue when he drew back from me. He rolled his eyes at me and grabbed my phone that Sophia put down when she got bored with it. "Am not." I retorted back a little too late seeing as his attention was already on browsing through my phone. He was startled though when it started playing Strong Baby by Seungri Oppa and pressed the answer button much to my chagrin. "What are you doing? Oppa!" I hissed at him trying to retrieve my phone back. He moved sideways from me putting my phone in his ear and answered the anonymous caller. "Yobeoseyo?" he said out loud as he moved away from me while his free hand grabbed my wrist in a tight grip keeping me in my place. Both his eyebrows shot up after awhile and he said sarcastically, "y Panda Oppa huh? I wonder if y could be used to describe you after I anonymously release those photos of you sleeping." Even without turning my phone into loud speaker mode I can clearly hear Seungri Oppa's loud shrill of, "HYUNG!!!!" GD smirked and continued on harassing the poor maknae, taunting the younger one with his teasing tone. I was enthralled in the mean time by the long and slender fingers wrapped around my wrist. Jiyong's voice was drowned out by the sound of my heart beating erratically and my ears turning bright red. I tugged my hand away from him knowing he was the reason behind my flustered state but he kept it in a firm grip, probably because he thought that I was trying to grab my phone back from him. I buried my face in my free arm as I tried to slow down my heart and willed my face to stop itself from blushing. "Tank Girl, you ok?" Sophia asked as she sat down beside me, a strawberry flavored Melona in one hand and her water bottle in the other. I gave out a grunt, tugging my wrist back from Jiyong who was busy arguing with Seungri on the other line of my mobile phone. Knowing that Jiyong will keep his grip on my hand until he's through harassing Seungri because of his belief that I will keep their conversation short and retrieve my phone back from his possession, I did the only thing I could come up with to distract him. "I'm dizzy. I think I had another attack of vertigo." I murmured weakly raising my flushed face to her. 

"Oppa." I called out weakly to GD, making sure my eyes were half open to make me look drowsy. This caught Jiyong's attention quickly which is evident by the way he looked at me in alarm. "Norah are you ok?" Evan asked me worriedly as soon as he got near our table, noticing Sophia feeling my temperature on my forehead. "I think I had another attack of vertigo Evan. I feel really lightheaded." I replied weakly, playing my character well. Jiyong's grip on my wrist loosened and I quickly snatched my hand back to cross my arms at the top of the table and rest my head. "Maknae, I have to go. She'll be fine. Shut up, I told you, later." Jiyong told Seungri on the other line quickly ending the call to help me. "Do you need anything? Water? CPR?" Evan asked me in a joking manner but his worried tone was still apparent. I wanted to laugh out loud but knowing I'm still acting in front of them, I just smiled weakly at him and shook my head. "Just let me rest my head a bit and I'll be fine. Thank you for asking though." The three nodded and appraised me to check on my condition but when I urged that I'll be fine they relented and started conversing amongst themselves once again. Jiyong however shot me a worried glance every now and then when I still did not raise my head from its position which I ignored even if my heart skipped every time I caught him doing it. 

Jesus, Mother Mary and Joseph, do I have to pretend to have vertigo every bleeding time he touches me? If that's the case, YG might as well confine me to a hospital instead of train me. Aigoo I knew becoming his trainee will be difficult.