Chapter 43: Who's Lulu?

YG Auditions

 

My hands ran through the frizzy curls Tae Hyun Noona did for me. I pouted at my reflection which she caught as she was arranging the numerous hair styling equipment she used on me before stowing it away in her kit. “Jiyong – ah, the hair that you wanted didn’t suit you. This is the best that I could do so that your hair is still curly as well as the fact that it suits you. We already made that mistake once, I’m not doing it again.” Tae Hyung Noona told me kindly with a pat to my shoulder as I looked at my hair critically. I nodded at her but that doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed. Ji Eun Noona who was with us as well shook her head in amusement at me, her eyes going back and forth between my dark head of hair and the picture taped at the top right of the mirror in front of me. “Where on earth did you get an idea to have your hair curled like Sherlock Holmes’?” She asked me wryly with a crinkle of her nose. The image of Norah gaping at the television screen showing Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes popped into my head but I shook the thought away and instead replied, “I don’t know, I just wondered if it would look good on me.” My two favorite Noonas gave me a skeptical look before resuming their work, Tae Hyun Noona packing up her equipment while Ji Eun Noona was busy sewing and altering one of Daesung’s outfits. I diverted my attention once more to the picture I printed out to show Tae Hyun Noona and eyed my own reflection. So much for that plan I had gotten in my head last night.

Last night I stepped inside Teddy’s studio expecting a quiet or at least calm night where we can work on some tracks for my album with Top Hyung. I didn’t really expect anything else apart from chilling with him, working on those tracks and gossiping about what’s happening in the office over tacos (I told you, we can be way worse than the typical ajuhmma out there) but the sight that greeted me made sure that none of those things I planned will happen. Chaerin – ah was letting it rip, ranting at Norah for God knows what while the latter glared at CL ferociously as Teddy looked on. “What I do in my free time is none of your business.” Norah snapped at CL her eyes flashing dangerously when CL retorted, waving in her hand Norah’s phone. “Of course it’s my business. Especially when you’ve been a little sneak.” I closed the door behind me carefully to not disrupt the two girls from their argument and side stepped towards Teddy Hyung who was sporting an amused expression on his face when Norah spluttered at CL in indignation. “I’m sorry but I’VE been the sneak here? When you and the other girls have been secretly setting me up on ridiculous dates for weeks without my knowledge nor consent??” At this Norah’s voice dropped, her tone icy and menacing. CL rolled her eyes at the other girl, clearly exasperated at Norah, for what, I couldn’t tell. “There’s a difference. We didn’t hide it behind your back and let me remind you, you were the one who started all this by -” She was cut off mid - talk when Norah slapped a hand to with a growl. “I asked you to help me get past it, not fling me to men like some desperate and bitter old maid.”

Get past it? Get past what?
Her statement made Teddy Hyung and I look on the two curiously and listen more carefully on their argument, however, it seems that the two girls have moved back to their initial argument but CL is still sporting the smug look in her face making Norah glower at her. My confusion at Norah’s statement increased when CL continued on. “Oh, Norah. Have you still not gotten it? Didn’t we tell you that you’ll move on by dating other guys?” She glanced at Norah’s phone bemusedly. “Then again, maybe you do understand what we meant. If you didn’t, you won’t be meeting this Lulu for bubble milk tea according to his text.”

Waaaaiiiittt! WHAT? Norah will move on by dating other guys? Was she dating someone and broke up with him? That’s why Chaerin - ah advised her to date other guys to move on? And who the is Lulu? For some reason the name sounds really familiar to me but currently my attention is focused on the fact that Norah was stammering incomprehensibly in retaliation to the things CL pointed out to her. “Ahh.. erhmm....Lulu’s.... Lulu’s JUST a friend of mine. We..... we’ve hung out a couple of times WITH other people. We’re NOT dating. I took a rain check a couple of times last week that’s why Lulu’s pestering me right now.” Norah stammered, a hand rubbing her nape awkwardly. “So could you please just drop it?” CL looked as if she was thinking it over but then she suddenly said, “Nope!” which made Norah groan and flop back onto the leather couch in resignation. “If ‘Lulu’ is your so called ‘friend’...” CL made sure to make air quotes on Lulu’s name and the word, “friend” as she sat next to Norah smirking with a toss of her long blonde hair. “How come we’ve never heard of Lulu before? You’d usually tell me if there’s anything that’s happened to you. Good or bad. Because isn’t that what best friends do?” She gave a mock pout to Norah who scowled at her and crossed her arms across her chest. “I’m revoking your best friend card.” She muttered sullenly like a child which made the people inside the recording studio roll their eyes, even the producers who were helping Hyung work on some new tracks. “Look, I met Lulu just recently. He helped me out...” Her voice died down and her eyes widened as she let slip the real gender of Lulu to everyone accidentally and soon a chorus of questions coming from CL and Teddy Hyung fired one after the other on Norah.

“I knew it was a guy! How did you meet?”
“What do you mean he helped you out? I’m supposed to look after you, why didn’t you ask help from me? Or Jiyong - ah at least?”
“Is he cute?”
“How old is he? Does Ely know about this?”
“So I’m guessing this bubble milk thing is your version of dating?”

As the two of them continued on interrogating Norah, my mind went over the name Lulu and why I found it so familiar.

“Lulu, Sehun Oppa thank you for giving me a ride. I’ll take a rain check for now about that bubble tea you were recommending me. I’ll just text you yeah?”


I looked closely at Norah when her words from weeks ago.  She gave me a pleading look to help her out of the interrogation she’s being put under but the words that left my lips made this turn into a glare. “I didn’t know you kept in touch with Lu Han - ssi.” CL and Teddy Hyung whipped their heads in my direction and asked at the same time, “Lu Han?” Before Norah could come up with a lie and toss it to my lack of sleep, I quickly explained to them, how I saw her talking to EXO M’s Lu Han weeks ago when she disappeared and how Norah would call him Lulu. “Since when did you know anyone from SM Entertainment?” CL asked the very question I asked myself the time I saw the two conversing with Oh Sehun who was also a member of EXO. “It’s nothing. I met Lu Han when I was out shopping. His friend Sehun is a close friend of Kibum’s and they saw me hailing a cab because I was carrying a lot of bags filled with my grocery shopping. They offered to give me a ride back  to my place. After that I offered to buy them bubble milk tea to thank them since they told me they liked it. After that we hung out a couple of times from the place where they’d usually buy their milk tea and then it became a weekly thing.” She puffed out her cheeks and sunk even lower in her seat when we didn’t let up from staring at her.

She’s been meeting up Lu Han for weeks now? Is she lying about them being friends only? This question of mine was voiced out by Teddy Hyung who was skeptical about her statement of them being just friends. “Oppa, I’m not seeing Lulu. If I were, I’d be meeting him alone but honestly, whenever we see each other, Sehun and Kibum are there as well.” She pointed out to Hyung who reluctantly accepted her explanation however CL would hear none of it. “But you’d want to date Lu Han - ssi right?” She asked with a suggestive grin. Norah and I frowned at the same time at this. IS he Norah’s type?

“No. I won’t date Lu Han. He’s not my type and I’m not interested. Besides he hasn’t asked me out so like I said. WE. ARE. JUST. FRIENDS.” Norah said in between gritted teeth. “And if I were to be dating someone, I won’t keep it a secret to my friends because I want them to know how much I like the person I’m dating unlike -”

“OHMYGOD!” CL suddenly cried out loud, cutting off what Norah was about to say. She had a palm covering in mock horror, and looked at Hyung and I apologetically. “I’m disturbing Norah’s training with you, Teddy Oppa. I’m sorry!” Hyung raised an eyebrow at her and Norah rolled her eyes while muttering under her breath, “Sure she remembers now that I’m supposed to be recording.”

CL ignored her and continued on apologizing to Hyung and I. She even went as far as pushing Norah out of the couch to get inside the recording booth but before Norah stood up, I heard CL ask her quietly, “So if Lu Han - ssi is not your type, who is? Do you like the other EXO member?” This question was met by a withering look from my trainee and a simple retort of, “My ideal guy is not any of them. My type is Sherlock Holmes. So if you can set me up with Benedict Cumberbatch acting as Sherlock this very minute then I will forever be indebted to you.” She finished this off with a sickly sweet smile before walking away from the couch to start her training with Hyung. CL didn’t even look unperturbed by this and was even humming to herself as she sat back down on the couch, typing away at her phone with a smile on her face. I turned my attention to Norah who was shaking her head at her friend but the fond smile (although a bit weary) was unmistakable as she watched her closest female friend busy herself with her phone. “I’m ready Teddy Oppa.” Norah said after some time and she began recording her sellf - composed song, with some help from me and Hyung but all throughout the recording, my mind was elsewhere.

I was still unsure of what was happening to me, especially the feeling of relief washing over me as Norah clarified that she’s still single right now but what I’m positive of is that Norah was right. Lu Han nor Sehun from EXO is right for her. They won’t be compatible for her. However the thought that my mind came up after I thought of this bothered me as well as the answer that followed.

If they’re not right for Norah, then who is?

ME.

I shook this thought away and pushed it at the back of my head. I shouldn’t be thinking this way. Right now I should focus more on work and nothing else. Especially with regards to Norah and her love life.
BUT... it wouldn’t hurt to hint at Ely Hyung that he should tell their father about this sudden development. It’s for her own good. She needs to focus on her career right now and not on dating some pretty boy. And of course my sudden interest in getting my hair, cut like Sherlock Holmes’ has got nothing to do with trying to divert Norah’s attention from the two EXO members.

Who am I kidding? I’m in deep right now.
Thank God no one has figured it out yet.

 

 


 

HEELLLLOOOOO!

It's been such a long time but I'm back with an update. I'm really sorry for only doing this now but to be honest I've been struggling with writer's block for some time. I honestly don't like the chapter I put up, I'm not contented with it. But I tried my best to write for you guys because I haven't updates in such a long time. I hope that you like it but I wouldn't hold it against you if you're not satisified with it. Hopefully I get out of this funk soon and I'd be able to write more freely from now on. I promise I won't abandon this story because I genuinely love writing this story. Thank you so much for reading and I'd love what you think :) Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. :D

 

-  Rexiefauliks