The Start of Everything

Mood Pill

Chapter 1: The Start Of Everything

After another successful practice  for their upcoming comeback, the girl group Blackpink decided to celebrate by eating outside, with the permission of their manager of course.

‘’Unnie, unnie! Where are we eating?’’ Lisa said excitedly, jumping up and down

‘’Aish! We just finished practicing and you’re still a bundle of energy?!’’ Jisoo exclaimed making Lisa pout ‘’But unnie! I’m hungry’’ The maknae said using her cute (but not so cute to the members) voice ‘’Please feed me~’’

Jisoo cringed and started scolding Lisa for using her aegyo, and with that another argument started.

Jennie sighed ‘’When will the day come for those two to be quiet?’’

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Probably never unnie.’’ Jennie blinked ‘’I said it out loud didn’t I?’’ Chaeyoung snickered but nodded as the 4 members are walking around the streets of Hongdae, looking for a place to eat.

‘’Honestly, what would I ever do without you Chaeng?’’ Jennie said, muting out the maknae and fake maknae’s yelling

‘’Probably pulling your hair in frustration unnie.’’ Chaeyoung joked making Jennie laugh a bit ‘’Yeah…I totally see myself doing that.’’

‘’Unnie! I’m so hungry!’’

‘’For the last time Limario shush your voice down!’’

‘’Are you saying I’m loud?’’

‘’Obviously!’’

‘’But you are also loud unnie!’’

‘’Yah! How dare you!’’

‘’God help me.’’ Jennie whispered. Chaeyoung laughed and continued looking around. They just can’t seem to find a restaurant they want to eat at. Just then her phone started ringing and she saw it was their manager. ‘’Hello? Manager unnie?’’ Unfortunately, Chaeyoung can’t hear what their manager was saying due to the two kids yelling in the background. ‘’Just a minute unnie.’’ Chaeyoung said.

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie, signaling she needed to move farther away to hear their manager. Jennie looked on in horror that translated ‘You’ll be leaving me alone with this two?!’

Chaeyoung held back a laugh and mouthed ‘’It will be quick.’’ Jennie pouted and pleaded at Chaeyoung with her eyes. Chaeyoung felt her heart melt at the cuteness behind it but shook her head. Jennie gave up and nodded ‘’Hurry up.’’  Chaeyoung nodded before separating a bit from her group.

‘’Where is Chaeyoungie going?’’ Jisoo noticed the other girl leave while talking to the phone.

‘’Manager unnie called but Chaeyoung can’t hear because of your loud voices.’’ Jennie bluntly said.

‘’I told you so!’’ Lisa’s tone was smug

‘’Hey you are also loud too!’’

‘’You are too!’’

Jennie can’t take it anymore, with the two loud annoying arguments accompanied with the hunger they are all experiencing at the moment, she snapped at them ‘’Can the both of you please shut up! You’re going to attract attention to us!’’ She hissed. Good thing it was night time there were less people around and they hid their face pretty well too so there won't be anyone noticing them.

‘’Yes mom.’’ The two quieted down but still glaring at each other.

‘This is your fault.’ Jisoo’s eyes met Lisa’s

‘How is it my fault?!’

‘You started this fight!’

‘No I didn’t! You were just being mean!’

Jennie sighed, sensing the conversation between the two ‘’Chaeyoung…you better hurry the up or I’ll explode…’’


Chaeyoung finished the call to her manager and sighed. ‘’Looks like we will be eating at home.’’ Her stomach growled ‘’I’m so hungry…’’ Chaeyoung whispered and holding her stomach.

She was about to go back to her members when an elderly voice stopped her.

‘’Hello young lady.’’ Chaeyoung turned and saw an old woman holding a tray with multiple cups of water and a pill beside them

‘’Hi.’’ Chaeyoung smiled politely and bowed.

The old woman chuckled and said ‘’I heard you were hungry. Would you like some of this?’’ She gestured the tray.

Chaeyoung felt a bit uneasy since she never saw the woman earlier and she just suddenly appeared. Reminding herself that she is a stranger and that she should be cautious ‘’Uhmm…I don’t think I shoul-‘’ She was cut off by the older woman.

‘’Oh! I insist! A beautiful young lady like you should never have an empty stomach.’’ The old lady complimented making Chaeyoung blush. No matter how many times people says she’s beautiful, Chaeyoung always gets flustered.

‘’The least you could have before returning home is to have a drink of water. That will make you less hungry.’’ Chaeyoung blinked ‘’How does she know? Did she eavesdrop my conversation with manager unnie?’’ Chaeyoung was getting suspicious to the old lady but her kindness won in the end

‘’Uhmmm okay.’’ Chaeyoung smiled again out of politeness ‘’I guess I could have some’’

The old lady suddenly clap making Chaeyoung jump in surprise ‘’Perfect!’’ The old lady said. Suddenly Chaeyoung’s phone pinged and she saw their manager's text asking where they are, Chaeyoung decided to reply, not noticing the smirk of the old woman as she put the pill in the water she was about to hand to Chaeyoung. The pill evaporated immediately, turning into a blue gas as the water remained still and normal...


Jennie slack her shoulders in relief as she finally saw Chaeyoung making their way back. ‘’Finally…I wonder what manager unnie said…’’

‘’Probably wanting us to go home.’’ Jisoo snorted ‘’We have been out for a while’’

‘’But we haven’t eaten yet!’’ Lisa complained and stomp her feet.‘’We can’t really decide where we’re going to eat anyway’’ Jisoo shrugged ‘’One of the cons of not having a leader.’’ She mused

Lisa put her hand on her chin ‘’Maybe I should be the leader?’’

Jennie and Jisoo looked at her death in the eye ‘’That is a disaster in making.’’ Jisoo muttered

‘’Don’t you even think about that.’’ Jennie glanced at her before letting her gaze back to Chaeyoung. She immediately narrowed her eyes as an old woman stopped her.

Jisoo chuckled seeing the politeness Chaeyoung was showing‘’Typical Chaeng, always the angel between the four of us.’’

‘’Are you saying we’re devils?’’ Lisa innocently spoke. The two older girls ignored her and continued watching Chaeyoung deny the woman’s offer.

‘’Old lady seems to be persistent.’’ Jisoo commented. Then they saw Chaeyoung pull out her phone and texting someone, but what surprised them is seeing the old woman smirk in a creepy way.

‘’That’s creepy…’’ Lisa shivered.

 Their eyes widened when she saw the old woman put the pill in the water which immediately evaporated in a sickening blue gas before disappearing as Chaeyoung finally looked up to her phone and accepted the drink.

‘’Wait Chaeng!’’ They shouted before hastily walking towards her, worried thoughts clouding their mind and scared that it might be poison that the old lady put at the water. 


‘’Drink up young lady.’’ The old woman smiled, her smirk from earlier gone like a blur.

Chaeyoung nodded and smiled ‘’Thank you so much.’’ With that, she started to drink the water which was surprisingly refreshing and drank it all up, once again not noticing the sick smirk of the old woman. ‘’Such innocent yet naïve girl…This will be interesting.’’

‘’Wow this is a refreshing drink’’ Chaeyoung complimented. ‘’But of course! Only for beautiful young ladies such as yourself is deserving of this.’’ The old woman saw three other girls walking quite fast behind Chaeyoung. ''Ah they must have seen me put the pill...'' 

‘’I should share this to my members.’’ Chaeyoung said giddily. Then she heard her name being called but when she turned around, her world started to spin around.

‘’Whoah…’’ Chaeyoung started to hold her head to stop her head from spinning.

‘’Chaeyoungie!’’ Jisoo caught the dizzy girl just in time. ‘’U-u-unnie?’’ Chaeyoung shuttered and tried to see her closely but closed her eyes in dizziness

‘’What did you put in her drink?!’’ Jennie hissed at the old lady

The old day however only laugh in response ‘’I can see that the four of you are famous.’’ She smirked

‘’So?’’ Lisa snapped at her while holding Chaeyoung’s shaking hand ‘’What did you put in her drink!’’

Again, the old lady laughed ‘’Good luck handling her, I’ll be keeping an eye on your precious Chaeyoung.’’

Jennie growled ‘’As if we’ll let you!’’

Chaeyoung suddenly shouted in pain surprising all of them ‘’Chaeyoungie! What’s wrong?!’’ Jisoo asked her, panic in her voice.

Chaeyoung weakly opened her eyes before shutting them again ‘’U-unnie….’’ She groans ‘’It hurts so much…’’

Jisoo glared at the old lady, fierceness in her eyes making her look like a tigress ‘’Just what did you do? And why Chaeyoung?!’’

The old lady decided to shed them some light ‘’The Mood Pill. You will probably know why in a few days…’’ She was met with some confused glares ‘’And why her?’’ The old lady glanced at the writhing member of the group ‘’Why not? You probably want to see different sides of her.’’ She smirked but before any of the three could say something, Chaeyoung suddenly fainted making the three panic.

‘’Lisa call our manager! We need to get Chaeyoung in the hospital!’’ Jennie ordered while helping Jisoo tend the younger girl. She turned around to give the old lady a piece of her mind but she was suddenly gone. A shiver ran down to her spine ‘’Where did she go?’’ She decided to let that slide and focus on Chaeyoung.

‘’Manager unnie is on her way!’’ Lisa announced before going back to Chaeyoung’s side, squeezing her hand. Chaeyoung’s breathing was labored and sweat was forming and running down her face rather quickly.

Tears started to form around the maknae’s eyes ‘’Chaeyoung-ah, please be okay…’’ She whispered, letting her tears fall as she squeeze the older girl’s hand.

Jennie gritted her teeth ‘’I swear if I saw that old lady again…’’ She is getting worried sick seeing Chaeyoung writh in pain ‘’Old lady or not, I’ll give her a piece of my mind.'' Jisoo laid Chaeyoung’s head to her lap and tried to wipe away her sweats but they just kept coming. ‘’Be strong Chaeyoungie…’’ Lisa gripped the older girl’s hand ‘’So this is why we don’t accept too much gifts from people…and why our manager always checks them before giving it to us…’’

Their manager arrived and panicked when she saw the state of the group, they began to bring Chaeyoung to the hospital, worried thoughts clouding their mind and their appetite long gone.